Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Brentford vs Liverpool - 12.30 Saturday 17th February  (Read 13720 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Brentford vs Liverpool
Brentford Community Stadium
Premier League - Saturday 12.30pm
Referee: Michael Oliver. Assistants: Stuart Burt, Dan Cook. Fourth official: Graham Scott. VAR: David Coote. Assistant VAR: Tim Wood.

Preamble
A Saturday 12.30 away from home, what a shock! However, for once we have the benefit of a full week off. Let's face it, we probably need it given the players we've had missing in recent weeks.We head to Brentford, a team we haven't beaten away from home in their two seasons in the Premier League for what is another must win game. With both Man City and Arsenal on our coat tails, a win here would turn some pressure back on them.

The opposition
To the casual observer, Brentford are going through a delayed case of second season syndrome. They come into the game just 6 points above the drop zone, and before their impressive win away at Wolves last weekend, in worse from than a couple of teams below them in the table. It's true that their 3rd Premier League season is proving to be more of a struggle than their first two, but they're certainly had some mitigating factors. Unfortunately for us, some of those have been rectified. Put another way, I'd much rather have been playing this fixture in the Autumn.

Brentford have missed some big players for large swathes of the season. The obvious one is Ivant Toney, suspended until January for gambling breaches (insert poor gag here). He returned a few weeks ago and is already back in the goals. In his absence, their attack was carried somewhat by Brian Mbuemo and Yohan Wissa. They were then both absent for a while too. The dangerous Mbuemo is still injured, but Wissa should be back from AFCON duty where he played a key role in Doctor Congo making the semi finals. Other key players to be out for the season, or to have missed large spells include Rico Henry (now replaced by the on loan Sergi Reguillon) and at various times, most of their German/Danish hardcore midfield of Norgaard, Jensen and Janet. They are also all available, as are centre backs Mee, Pinnock and Collins.

One surprising feature this season has been how may poor goals they've conceded. In their first two seasons they were a solid, well drilled side. This year, mistakes have crept in, and keep Mark Flekken hasn't been as good for them as David Raya was. Without Toney they lacked a focal point in attack, but his return, and their big, tax, sting side all over the pitch makes them a dangerous opponent.

Likely line up:
Flekken

Roerslev.  Collins.  Mee.  Pinnock.  Reguillon

Janelt.   Norgaard
Jensen

Maupay.  Toney

They'll go direct, look to free their strikers down the channel, both of whom for hard for the team, and mix it up with the set pieces.

Liverpool
First of all, we shouldn't be as weakened by injuries as last week. Of those missing from the Burnley game, we should see Alisson and Gomez return from illness, Donate from suspension, and Bradley from his awful personal bereavement. Salah may return to training this week, but looks an option for the bench at best. Trent and Szoboszlai likely to still be absent.

Brentford away comes with its own challenges. In an ideal world we'll pick our biggest, strongest line up. We did the last year (at the back anyway) but still came a cropper with Virg and Donate struggling against their physicality. I expect Gomez to start at full back, either on the right with Robertson at left back again, or at left back with Bradley getting the nod. Would be a big game for him but he's handled everything so well so far.

Midfield probably calls for Endo holding things. If we can, it makes sense for Jones and Mac Allister to go again. Up top you surely go with the in form front three who all scored last week.

Predicted line up:
Alisson

Gomez.   Konate.   Van Dijk.   Robertson

Endo
Mac Allister.   Jones

Jota.   Nunez.   Diaz

Prediction
I can't see this being anything other than hard fought. Man City went there recently and won, relatively comfortably in the end, but despite dominating the ball still found themselves a goal down. I think we can handle their physicality if we're on it, but can't afford the slow starts we sometimes have in these early aways. I fancy Darwin and Jota to keep their good recent form going though. I'm going for them to fire us to a 2-1 win, with some hairy moments along the way.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 09:04:06 am by Crosby Nick »

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Brentford vs Liverpool - 12.30 Saturday 17th February
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 07:30:50 pm »
Referee: Michael Oliver. Assistants: Stuart Burt, Dan Cook. Fourth official: Graham Scott. VAR: David Coote. Assistant VAR: Tim Wood.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3892770
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 07:35:08 pm »
Nice one, Nick - great preview.

Brentford have missed some big players for large swathes of the season. The obvious one is Ivant Toney, suspended until January for gambling breaches (insert poor gag here). He returned a few weeks ago and is already back in the goals. In his absence, their attack was carried somewhat by Brian Mbuemo and Yohan Wissa. They were then both absent for a while too. The dangerous Mbuemo is still injured, but Wissa should be back from AFCON duty where he played a key role in Doctor Congo making the semi finals. Other key players to be out for the season, or to have missed large spells include Rico Henry (now replaced by the on loan Sergi Reguillon) and at various times, most of their German/Danish hardcore midfield of Norgaard, Jensen and Janet. They are also all available, as are centre backs Mee, Pinnock and Collins.

Genuinely difficult to know if this is an overlooked 'note to self' with you ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 07:35:53 pm »
Oh look. Another 12.30 KO.

Can we batter them, please?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 07:49:27 pm »
Oh look. Another 12.30 KO.

Can we batter them, please?

agreed.

I am going to the Brentford-Arsenal match in a few weeks - hope they decide to find form that day!

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 08:47:56 pm »
Coote on VAR again  :butt

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 08:58:55 pm »
Really need to win this, Arsenal and City have easy games 3 point bankers, Chelsea are fucking hopeless much rather play them than Brentford.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 09:05:15 pm »
Thanks Nick :)

Donate coming back will be huge to help handle their physicality like you say and besides, we're in a much better place than we were last season when we played them. Then I thought that when we played Arsenal and we've had a lot of games recently and players keep getting injured so not sure what to expect.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 09:10:04 pm »
Fucks sake - typed this out on a laptop to avoid typos and the bastard thing auto corrected all over the place! Let’s hope Donate doesn’t show his charitable side.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2024, 09:15:32 pm »
Love Doctor Congo. Nice one Nick. But why are you playing as one of their centre backs?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2024, 09:17:04 pm »
Love Doctor Congo. Nice one Nick. But why are you playing as one of their centre backs?

I live in the area and and I want to do my bit to make sure we get the 3 points. I’ve offered to mark Darwin. :D

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2024, 09:21:38 pm »
It's a tough ground to play at and on average we have shipped at least 3 goals both times we've been there.  Yuk.

In saying that perhaps they have lost some of their element of surprise as both Arsenal and Man City came away with 3 pts reasonably easily when they too had struggled on their home ground.  Man City had lost both home and away last season to Brentford. 

Hoping we scrape in with a 2-1 win, but wouldn't be at all shocked by a 2-2 / 3-3. :-X

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2024, 09:25:28 pm »
Thanks Nick.  I wonder which of Ben Mee and Ethan Pinnock will bundle one in for them.

Hopefully the flu of last week was isolated.  With a full(ish) squad and a week without a game I think we'll overpower them.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2024, 09:39:10 pm »
Fucks sake - typed this out on a laptop to avoid typos and the bastard thing auto corrected all over the place! Let’s hope Donate doesn’t show his charitable side.

:D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2024, 10:24:29 pm »
Coote on VAR again  :butt

5th time this season.

Same as Stuart Attwell.

Tierney has been VAR 4 times for our matches.

In other words, one of those 3 have been on half our matches as VAR.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 10:26:01 pm by 4pool »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2024, 11:08:35 pm »
Thanks for the OP Nick.

This could be a tough one. But at least we look to have a few back including Konate - who could be crucial at the back, and Mo who should be equally as important at the other end.

They stayed in the game against Man City and looked dangerous on the break while giving up a fair number of chances. Hopefully we’ll be sharp enough to create and take a few without giving up too many to them.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2024, 11:49:51 pm »
Thanks Nick. It’s a hard game to predict. We should win but then again we need to watch out for set pieces and for quick ball over the top which has seen us panic a bit recently.

We really cannot to afford dropping points and so any type of win will do.
#JFT97

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2024, 11:55:30 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Thanks for the detailed op on Brentford Nick, they sound better than their league position now.
Great to see Mo, Conor, Joe and Ali back for us.
We need to match them physically and then let the quality show. A narrow win for us I reckon
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2024, 12:10:44 am »
It's tough if you don't take your chances.  We were relatively comfortable last year before Darwin missed a very good chance then they stepped it up went two-nil up.

They are great at set pieces and we've been ropey in that area recently.  None of that will matter as long as we do our job at the other end.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 12:17:42 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2024, 12:14:03 am »

Random question but is there a way of finding out in advance what kit we’ll be wearing? Assume it will be green and white but I thought that against Arsenal.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2024, 12:41:16 am »
Not to mention the centred justification  :o

Split loyalties for you Nick, this fixture.

One of those teams I always feel a bit ugh about. Maybe it's their stadium, uncomfortably squeezed in, psychologically claustrophobic.

Whatever, need to be absolutely ruthless.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2024, 01:53:14 am »
Random question but is there a way of finding out in advance what kit we’ll be wearing? Assume it will be green and white but I thought that against Arsenal.

I reckon it will be the 3rd kit… the green and white comes with black shorts , same colour as Brentford.
Also Sheff United away we played in 3rd kit and they play in same colours as Brentford. (Red /white stripes & black shorts)..

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2024, 09:35:34 am »
More banana skins in this one than a baboons recycling bin (whatever that means).

Hate the early kick offs and you just know they'll be on their game for us. Expecting a tough game and if we win it'll be by narrow margins.

2-1 reds please!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2024, 09:39:06 am »
Early kick-off does help us here, they'll be quieter than usual.  Need to be on our toes with regards to their gamesmanship, they were at it non-stop against Spurs.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2024, 09:59:21 am »
It's tough if you don't take your chances.  We were relatively comfortable last year before Darwin missed a very good chance then they stepped it up went two-nil up.

They are great at set pieces and we've been ropey in that area recently.  None of that will matter as long as we do our job at the other end.

Fair point. It turned into one of those awful away games grouped in with Brighton and Wolves from last winter but we were quite good for all of 10 minutes. Did Nunez hit the post, or have one cleared off the line?

They’re a funny side Brentford. They don’t tend to dominate many games. You don’t often watch them and think a goal is coming because they’ve built up a head of steam but when they’re close to their best they pick their moments very well to suddenly overload the box, or break down the channels.Toney is pretty good at doing a lot of the dirty work to hold the ball up in his own and bring others into play. Mbuemo is still a big loss for them, no one else has his pace and movement altthought Maupay seems to be doing ok back there as a professional nuisance.

At times you think there’s a real lack of quality in certain areas, and they have been having defensive problems so if we get a grip of the game I think we should create enough. City had a lot of shots against them although most were from around the edge of the box which their keeper actually dealt with pretty well which came as a surprise to most.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2024, 10:31:38 am »
How do you rate Toney Nick?

And what do you reckon is the best way to defend against him?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2024, 10:36:39 am »
This game could be Thomas Frank’s audition for being new Liverpool manager.

Got to beat that in mind. He’ll be looking to impress.

A defeat here could be more than 3 points lost. Could mean Frank a manager next season  :o
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2024, 10:41:38 am »
Early kick-off does help us here, they'll be quieter than usual.  Need to be on our toes with regards to their gamesmanship, they were at it non-stop against Spurs.
Agreed. And while I agree about their gamesmanship, I think it should also be more limited with our away crowd rather than home (although they'll still have to resist temptation to get drawn into a negative atmosphere instead of singing)

Borrowing Nick's predicted line up, I'd like to see this (be glad for Bradley to start, but I suspect Klopp will go for experience to start this away game):

Alisson

Elliot  Mac Allister  Jones

Jota.   Nunez.   Diaz

Gives us a much improved bench with multiple players we'd be comfortable brining on - Kelleher, Bradley, Grav, Gakpo, Endo, Quansah and hopefully Salah!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 10:43:13 am by classycarra »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2024, 10:42:57 am »
How do you rate Toney Nick?

And what do you reckon is the best way to defend against him?

Are you mocking my formatting Sir?! Think I’ve fixed it now, I’m blaming it on the images.

Anyway, assuming it’s a genuine question! I am usually pretty impressed with Toney when I see him. He’s big and strong obviously but for me his best qualities are his game intelligence and selflessness. You often see him pulling wide to make space for others, and he is good at linking up. He’s definitely not a striker who’s purely all about the numbers.

I think both our centre backs can match him physically but maybe he’s one you don’t want to get into a macho battle of strength win. It’s ok for him to win a few flick ins as long as we’re careful about picking up the runners. Without Mbuemo there’s no electric pace and although they have a few who like to get beyond the striker as long as we track them we should be ok.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2024, 11:07:16 am »

A defeat here could be more than 3 points lost. Could mean Frank a manager next season  :o
Lol no chance Frank is anywhere near our level.
Done great at Brentford but clearly a mid table manager/coach

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2024, 11:20:47 am »
Shouldn't be a jekyll and hyde home/away fixture against these this season, we were all over them at Anfield so should go and control the game and get the three points. Toney back doesn't help but they look ordinary across the park in general.

We have to win these next three league games leading up to City, then beat them. Anything under nine points from the next twelve and for me priority turns to Europe and the FA Cup should we have beaten Southampton.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2024, 11:20:51 am »
Are you mocking my formatting Sir?! Think I’ve fixed it now, I’m blaming it on the images.

Anyway, assuming it’s a genuine question! I am usually pretty impressed with Toney when I see him. He’s big and strong obviously but for me his best qualities are his game intelligence and selflessness. You often see him pulling wide to make space for others, and he is good at linking up. He’s definitely not a striker who’s purely all about the numbers.

I think both our centre backs can match him physically but maybe he’s one you don’t want to get into a macho battle of strength win. It’s ok for him to win a few flick ins as long as we’re careful about picking up the runners. Without Mbuemo there’s no electric pace and although they have a few who like to get beyond the striker as long as we track them we should be ok.

It was a genuine question He's the one I fear (no surprises there) so thanks for that. Plus a bit of mockery.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2024, 11:44:22 am »
Don’t think I’d quite realised what a strange shape their ground is. Looks much more like an old school ground.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2024, 11:52:19 am »
Don’t think I’d quite realised what a strange shape their ground is. Looks much more like an old school ground.

Yeah it’s hemmed in in three sides by railway lines (you can see one behind the far end). They did well to build it in that area which I think used to be an industrial estate and is only a mile or so from the old ground.

FAO Buck Pete - those towers in the background are in North Acton, if you’re looking for a new kitchen.

You can also see Wembley in the distance, and just above the ground is Gunnersbury Park - there’s a 9am Park Run on if anyone is getting there early. :D

The stadium is close to Kew Bridge, couple of pubs close to the ground and then a few more options if you either cross over Kew Bridge around the green, or head to the left of the river towards Strand on the Green. Few nice boozers around there for anyone who doesn’t have to rush off. Also close to Chiswick High Road which is in the direction of the away entrance which has plenty of food and drink options.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2024, 12:04:51 pm »

Weak bait.

Tough game this, we've not won in the league there since before the war. Looks like they've got a few injuries to important players too. Big game again, Man City and Arsenal have absolute walkovers so need to win it. Luton in midweek after, win those two with players returning from injury and we're looking good going into the final stretch.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2024, 12:30:55 pm »
Weak bait.

Tough game this, we've not won in the league there since before the war. Looks like they've got a few injuries to important players too. Big game again, Man City and Arsenal have absolute walkovers so need to win it. Luton in midweek after, win those two with players returning from injury and we're looking good going into the final stretch.

Which war? The war of the worlds? The war for the hearts and minds of mankind? The avengers secret war?
The war of the roses?

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2024, 12:41:09 pm »

Borrowing Nick's predicted line up, I'd like to see this (be glad for Bradley to start, but I suspect Klopp will go for experience to start this away game):

Alisson

Elliot  Mac Allister  Jones

Jota.   Nunez.   Diaz

Not that I think he doesn't deserve a start, but I think Klopp goes with Endo over Elliott due to Brentford's physicality.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2024, 01:24:35 pm »
I live in the area and and I want to do my bit to make sure we get the 3 points. I’ve offered to mark Darwin. :D
You live in the Congo?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2024, 01:25:55 pm »
Is Mo in contention for a squad place?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2024, 01:26:12 pm »
Not that I think he doesn't deserve a start, but I think Klopp goes with Endo over Elliott due to Brentford's physicality.
I can get the temptation with that, but in almost every game we've played against Brentford they've entirely bypassed playing through midfield. Personally I think it'd be a mistake (as I thought it was before our last game too).

So off the ball it would require Endo to do a lot of chasing back balls over the top against their athletic fast players (and defending high balls like the one he and Quansah mixed up to give Burnley a great scoring chance), and on the ball it would require him receiving it from the CBs/Alli and then facing a block. More or less identical to the situation he struggled with away to Crystal Palace.

We played Gakpo in a midfield three with the Jota/Salah/Nunez ahead of him last time we played Brentford, and Gakpo didn't struggle - I'd have great faith in Elliot to be better than that.