Author Topic: Arsenal 1 Liverpool 1 - Half time thread  (Read 6189 times)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: Arsenal 1 Liverpool 1 - Half time thread
« Reply #160 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:13 pm »
Can we get a goal plus a penalty and red card for Gabriel?
it wouldn't have been given as a penalty had it not gone in
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:15 pm »
Worst half all season? We can’t get out. Could with some more bravery in midfield and an outlet up top. Thiago and Nunez?

Must be noted that the two times we played the ball over the top that half (Jota in the first min, Diaz for the goal) we look far more threatening.. Clichy made the same point in the studio

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Re: Half time thread
« Reply #162 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:16 pm »
To be fair that levels out the Odegaard hand ball that we didn't get in the reverse fixture. Absolute best time to score right before half time when you've had 0 chances in the game.

Get an early goal in the second half and their heads will fall off.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #163 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:17 pm »
Id put Elliot or Tiago on for Grav for 2nd half

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:21 pm »
Nunez has to be on the pitch within the first 10-15 minutes here. Too bad Thiago probably doesn’t have many minutes in him otherwise feels like the sort of game he could come on and wrestle back some control.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:23 pm »
Gakpo has, unsurprisingly, awful. Trent had a dodgy moment as did VVD and we are very lucky to be level. The ball in from Gravy was fucking brilliant and deserved a goal, but it was a poor first touch from Diaz, but he never gave up and battles and that OG happened. Robbo possibly on as Gomez is on a yellow and you know their tactic will be to get Saka running at him. And Nunez on please.

Not sure why some people are calling Gravy as out of his depth - created the goal, and twice got fooled by rice but Taylor ignored. He has been ok (Mac Allister has been giving the ball away more)

There's moments where the match has passed him by but not unlike all the other of our guys out there. I agree, there's been some bright moments from him, a couple of driving runs and incisive passing.

Let's not be too harsh, they've got themselves back in it. I know everyone's saying that its all doom and gloom and that we are lucky to only concede one, but really? Arsenal haven't created that many clear cut chances, and aside from the first 15 minutes, there's not a minute where I didn't think we couldn't get back into this.

Lighten up folks, we've got this.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:28 pm »
Put Robbo on for Gravenberch, move Gomez to RB, and move Trent into midfield. Nunez for Gakpo as well.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:33 pm »
Mac Allister a shining light in terms of bravery on the ball. Jones and Gravenbergh just not getting into the game in comparison. Lack of pace a problem because going over the top hasn't looked at all dangerous in those times they've got our midfield in a vice.

We've had plenty of worse halves than that and found a way in the second half. Comical equaliser a massive boost, now we have to start playing. Gakpo for Nunez please. Might as well just throw thiago on for Grav as well.
Agreed but TAA vs Martinelli is a terrible matchup so we need Robertson at LB and Gomez at RB. Then TAA can take Grav’s position rather than Thiago.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #168 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:38 pm »
Jurgen had a shocker pre match .. okay it’s hard to have Mo and Darwin out / with a knock .. but you know what’s coming away at Arsenal .. how do we pick Gravy who struggles defensively and not have an 8 sit with Mac … over and over first 25 Mac was isolated facing a presser or our back line were getting rushed with no outlet … same problem with the high press every time we play them

Good news is they can’t sustain it

We’re still in it, that’s the main thing - get Elliot on at half time and Nunez if he can do a half

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #169 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:38 pm »
The problem is he doesn’t have an outstanding attribute really, no frightening pace, not an amazing dribbler, not fantastic in the air. He’s a good player and chips in with the goals but he’s too easy to defend against.

He's good against teams where we have a lot of possession. In these sorts of games where he's getting pressed a lot, he holds on for it too long, turns around too many times and just kind of meanders about.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:45 pm »

Good thing the handball went in as Coote on VAR wasn’t going to give a penalty.

Online PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #171 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:46 pm »
As usual most of us are quick to blame individuals and willing to point out the players missing are on the bench. In reality that half wouldn't look any difference whichever player we field. We have to acknowledge that there are other good teams as well. We were outplayed as a team and Klopp was outclassed by Arteta.

However second half could be a different story. Arsenal can't keep up that intensity for a whole game. They played their card already and we escaped with a draw.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:49 pm »
Much too slow, Jones and Grav not good enough for me when you think of all the great mid-fielders before them. Ok

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:50 pm »
Put Robbo on for Gravenberch, move Gomez to RB, and move Trent into midfield. Nunez for Gakpo as well.
100%

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 4, 2024, 05:28:53 pm »
Jones and Mac have been good. Grav and Gakpo haven’t been.

Gomez being inverted full back is weird.

They're the only two in this current squad where if you were a new manager coming in, you wouldn't be certain if they were sticking around yet.

They both have potential but they've got to be doing more.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #175 on: February 4, 2024, 05:29:02 pm »
If we take the obvious Bitters, Red Mancs and Human Rights abusing cheats out of it, I'm not sure I hate another club as much as these.

Absolute try hard fucking losers. From their Mull of Kintyre sounding awfulness trying to be their YNWA at the start, shamelessly singing Allez Allez Allez at us, the Norweigan basketball player "hyping" up their fans with his wavy arms, their lego headed, captain scarlet manager and, of course, they're utter throwing in the towel when the going gets tough. Biggest try-hard football club on earth.

Its been a bit weird how several of their players are waving their arms at the crowd, I suspect its Arteta's doing.
Taylor has bought some of their diving too, been some quite soft free kicks after prolonged screaming on the floor.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #176 on: February 4, 2024, 05:29:04 pm »
I'll take that, we've been hideous at times. Suspect there will be a triple sub at half time. Big Joe is having a stinker by his high standards and is on a yellow, so I think Robbo time will be imminent. I'd also chuck Harvey on because Ryan, bless him, has been a bit overrun out there - his day will come good again but Arsenal are actively targeting him. I also think Cody will get the hook in order to unleash the chaos of Darwin, because their backline, as we've just seen, is definitely soft in the centre and Cody doesn't have that aggression that Darwin brings.

As with every other time we've gone behind this season, I trust Jurgen to work his magic. Although Arsenal are annoyingly on it today, I think he'll weave his magic again with the half time tweaks and we can put these away.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 4, 2024, 05:29:06 pm »
Very fortunate to be level, Gakpo and Diaz can't control or pass the ball. Let's get Nunez on and start again.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 4, 2024, 05:29:10 pm »
Is this what being lucky feels like? Not sure how we've gone in to half-time even.

We are losing battles all over the pitch, feels like we need another defensive minded midfielder in there. Mac Allister has been good but he can't be expected to be everywhere, the defence is getting exposed too often. Gravenberch, nice pass for the goal but doesn't feel like the game for him. Perhaps him for Robertson and move Trent into midfield? Would love to see Nunez on sooner rather than later as well.

Good chance to frustrate them now as they will be ruing their missed chances.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #179 on: February 4, 2024, 05:29:10 pm »
Gabriel channeling his inner Djimi Traore there
Ah those were the days, I used to do a silent prayer everytime Djimi Tarby was on the ball.

Offline Sat on the bar

• Main Stander
« Reply #180 on: February 4, 2024, 05:29:26 pm »
I've not watched the first half but I thought I'd just come on to say Gary Neville is a c*nt.
Close to crying live on air when we equalised  ;D

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #181 on: February 4, 2024, 05:29:33 pm »
We need to compete better second half and though it wasn’t our fault the double change down the right in defence and midfield has caused us problems.

Half time to sort things out and we should be better second half.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Half time: Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool
« Reply #182 on: February 4, 2024, 05:29:35 pm »
The way their players keep trying to work the crowd up suggests this too.

They are definitely doing that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #183 on: February 4, 2024, 05:29:40 pm »
Arteta is basically on the pitch.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: February 4, 2024, 05:29:52 pm »
I enjoyed the gutted sound in nevilles voice. Made up for a poor first half by us

Why can’t Sky Sports maintain a level of professionalism?
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #185 on: February 4, 2024, 05:29:53 pm »
A fair scoreline at HT you have to say  :P
;D

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #186 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:00 pm »
My app tells me that xG is 1.94 Vs 0.1. 😯 Daylight robbery. :) Hope Jürgen has the tactical tweaks/subs we need.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #187 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:03 pm »
Yeah some sort of change is definitely needed.

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:04 pm »
Klopp's gunna say he is not happy in no uncertain terms, mainly because we are lacking in confidence and look a bit rabbit in the headlights. We don't have a few big players in there which we look a bit lost without. Need to trust each other on the pitch. Half time will be a big one hopefully because we need it, decent subs too, come on redmenn!!!
« Last Edit: February 4, 2024, 05:32:15 pm by red1977 »

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #189 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:10 pm »
Agreed but TAA vs Martinelli is a terrible matchup so we need Robertson at LB and Gomez at RB. Then TAA can take Grav’s position rather than Thiago.

Tbe one on the touch line where he just walked inside him was hard to stomach - okay Trent’s over matched but he’s got to do better

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:12 pm »
As usual most of us are quick to blame individuals and willing to point out the players missing are on the bench. In reality that half wouldn't look any difference whichever player we field. We have to acknowledge that there are other good teams as well. We were outplayed as a team and Klopp was outclassed by Arteta.

However second half could be a different story. Arsenal can't keep up that intensity for a whole game. They played their card already and we escaped with a draw.
Not true: TAA-Martinelli matchup is not working, and we need more aggression/quality/confidencd in midfield. We also need Nunez’s oace to stretch them. There are tactical issues that personnel changes can resolve.

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #191 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:15 pm »
To be fair that levels out the Odegaard hand ball that we didn't get in the reverse fixture.

If it hadn't gone crossed the line I reckon VAR would have done us over and not given the pen for handball.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:18 pm »
anyone checked on phil mcnulty hope he is ok 👍🏻
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:29 pm »
Jurgen had a shocker pre match .. okay it’s hard to have Mo and Darwin out / with a knock .. but you know what’s coming away at Arsenal .. how do we pick Gravy who struggles defensively and not have an 8 sit with Mac … over and over first 25 Mac was isolated facing a presser or our back line were getting rushed with no outlet … same problem with the high press every time we play them

Good news is they can’t sustain it

We’re still in it, that’s the main thing - get Elliot on at half time and Nunez if he can do a half

Not to blow your trumpet too much but you literally called it. And then when Jones goes deeper we immediately manage to get a semblance of control.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #194 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:34 pm »

Problem is Gomez would need to be careful with Martinelli diving to get him a second yellow.
Note how Odergaard stopped Gravenberch on an attack and wasn't booked and Gomez was....

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #195 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:35 pm »
He has his players playing like this is their cup final and ran them into the ground. Doubt they can keep that up for another 50 minutes or so. Tactically he's not very clever.

I doubt they can keep up with that kind of intensity. Their pressing was immense and it takes a lot to be covering so much ground.

Weird game to say the least.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #196 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:44 pm »
Arteta is basically on the pitch.

I'm cringing every time he runs out of his area to grab the ball.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:47 pm »
Can't believe it's 1-1 with zero shots on target.

Their pressing has us panicking when we have the ball so we have very little control going forward.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:50 pm »
Gakpo's been woeful, struggling to think what he brings to this.

Diaz hasn't been all that but I'm seeing the sheer graft from him, trying to force the issue, feels like he's almost forcing himself into form. Wouldn't be surprised to see him grab a goal.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 4, 2024, 05:30:52 pm »
Oh I must have missed that. Very, very, strange if so.

We should know better than to question Klopp’s tactics by now.