Author Topic: What's up with Turkey?  (Read 26461 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: What's up with Turkey?
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2023, 03:43:54 am »
Video floating around on Reddit, guess it'll be on Twitter of tainted ballots for Erdogon.

Video shows someone being filmed with  a pile of empty ballots and voting Erdogan.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2023, 08:49:39 am »
I’d like to believe there has been a ton of vote rigging but after a decade of swing (see mostly dumb as fuck) and other voters being duped into believing all kinds from brexit to Bolsonaro, then I’m not so sure.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2023, 03:40:55 pm »
The election results are looking predictably grim.
Top searching to dig this thread out  :champ

But, yes, it's not looking good.  If the Turkish electorate don't vote for a return to democracy now then they possibly never will.  Erdogan and his AKP party will react to such a close run election by putting even more measures in place to make sure they don't get the same jeopardy in future elections.

Hopefully there's a big swing to Kilicdaroglu in two weeks' time.

The reported turn-out for the election was very impressive at 88.9% (compared to 67.3% in the 2019 UK GE)!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2023, 05:28:29 pm »
Ekrem Imamoglu, mayor of Istanbul should have been the candidate against Erdogan. Unfortunately because of poor economy, poor management during the pandemic and the devastating earthquakes, opposition thought even a tree trunk would win against Erdogan but I know my people so the result didn't surprise me a bit.

Erdogam wins %55-45 in the 2nd round imo.