Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 593892 times)

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #360 on: August 24, 2016, 12:09:57 pm »
Boy, this fella puts in a shift doesn't he? A wonderful game, linking pay beautifully, quickly closing down the opposition. No wonder the coach loves him.

You clearly never watched the damning youtube analysis with its high tech arrows pointing to where the ball should have been passed...  ;D
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2016, 12:29:18 pm »
You clearly never watched the damning youtube analysis with its high tech arrows pointing to where the ball should have been passed...  ;D

No I did see that. It rocked me to my foundations and I've been in compete denial ever since.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline adagara

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: August 24, 2016, 01:03:09 pm »
You can bash Lallana for everything he do or doesn't, but his pressing is what i love. Pressing at the blind sight of opposition players, the guy is intellegent at that. hence his new position in CM. Even seemingly light weight, he doesn't go hiding.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: August 24, 2016, 01:07:54 pm »
You can bash Lallana for everything he do or doesn't, but his pressing is what i love. Pressing at the blind sight of opposition players, the guy is intellegent at that. hence his new position in CM. Even seemingly light weight, he doesn't go hiding.

Also look at the video that someone posted on Sadio Mane. Count the number of times that Lallana moves beyond the ball into space, lengthening the pitch and offering options. See him drop into pockets of space when the pitch is already lengthened. And admire how exquisite his passing is - particularly the superbly deft little offering that puts Mane right through (should have scored really - and will when he gets used to Lallana's unusual gifts).
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline tboz

• Kopite
« Reply #364 on: August 24, 2016, 01:21:58 pm »
Our new version of Kuyt with more Guile, glad that he has managed to improve on the injury count from his Southampton days but really needs to add end product. With most of our attacking players when we are flying he looks great but when we are not he just looks wasteful but that maybe more to do with defensive players being able to control the game more.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: August 24, 2016, 01:25:03 pm »
Our new version of Kuyt with more Guile
Far too kind. Kuyt's goals and assists stats were always much better than anything Lallana has managed so far.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: August 24, 2016, 01:56:21 pm »
Now if'n he could convert more chances into goals ... He cleverly got into a very good position to attack that cross from Henderson but completely bollixed the execution.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #367 on: August 24, 2016, 02:00:50 pm »
Far too kind. Kuyt's goals and assists stats were always much better than anything Lallana has managed so far.

Exactly. To me, Lallana is a poor man's Benayoun (who also had decent goals/assists stats).

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #368 on: August 24, 2016, 02:02:24 pm »
If he learns how to finish chances he'll score 15+ goals this season.. He gets on the end of so many chances, he does the hard things like they're easy and makes the easy things look hard.
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline adagara

• Kemlynite
« Reply #369 on: August 24, 2016, 02:04:36 pm »
Also look at the video that someone posted on Sadio Mane. Count the number of times that Lallana moves beyond the ball into space, lengthening the pitch and offering options. See him drop into pockets of space when the pitch is already lengthened. And admire how exquisite his passing is - particularly the superbly deft little offering that puts Mane right through (should have scored really - and will when he gets used to Lallana's unusual gifts).
   Couldn't agree more. I think him Mane, Origi & Firmino should be first pick. They have every components to unlock any packed defense

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: August 24, 2016, 02:05:18 pm »
Love him to bits but he makes things harder on himself at times.  Last night he got a bass and tried to flick it / backheel pass it to someone else in the box, when he could have just taken a touch and had a shot on goal.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: August 24, 2016, 02:41:26 pm »
If he learns how to finish chances he'll score 15+ goals this season.. He gets on the end of so many chances, he does the hard things like they're easy and makes the easy things look hard.
He'll never score 15 goals a season. He's 28 years old, he's not going to become a finisher (if you even can 'become' a finisher anyway).

It's not what Klopp's judging him by either.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: August 24, 2016, 02:52:39 pm »
Interested to see him up against Dier and Wanyama. Old school English thought would be that he'd be kicked off the park, but will they be able to catch him? They certainly won't like trying to pass the ball with him closing them down anyway.

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #373 on: September 4, 2016, 10:15:30 pm »
I know playing for england gets a lot of stick around here but I'm happy for the lad. Played well and deserved his first england goal.

Though I could have sworn he already has an england goal years ago or do friendlies not count?

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: September 4, 2016, 10:16:13 pm »
I know playing for england gets a lot of stick around here but I'm happy for the lad. Played well and deserved his first england goal.

Though I could have sworn he already has an england goal years ago or do friendlies not count?

Think that might have been given as an own goal later.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #375 on: September 4, 2016, 10:18:07 pm »
Just hope he scores a few scruffy goals for us.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: September 4, 2016, 10:22:16 pm »
Comfortably the best player on the pitch tonight imo. He's honestly come on leaps and bounds since we first bought him - when he was written off as a complete waste by some people. Especially under Klopp.

Almost literally everyone is in agreement when it comes to what he needs to do to become a top player - add more goals! We know it, pundits know it, opposition fans know it, he himself knows it. So he knows what he has to work on. I really like Lallana
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: September 4, 2016, 10:34:26 pm »
Comfortably the best player on the pitch tonight imo. He's honestly come on leaps and bounds since we first bought him - when he was written off as a complete waste by some people. Especially under Klopp.

Almost literally everyone is in agreement when it comes to what he needs to do to become a top player - add more goals! We know it, pundits know it, opposition fans know it, he himself knows it. So he knows what he has to work on. I really like Lallana
Well, Klopp doesn't think so. He is playing as a CM in a 4-3-3 now, his role is different.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: September 5, 2016, 12:00:35 am »
Well, Klopp doesn't think so. He is playing as a CM in a 4-3-3 now, his role is different.

You can chip in with a few goals from CM! I don't know what he is on paper, but he gets in enough good positions and areas to score more when he plays for us
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: September 5, 2016, 03:11:28 am »
Currently a fixture in our line-up and rightly so. I think the move deeper has totally revitalised him and plays to his strengths, and suddenly he looks like he's jumped a couple of levels in his play. If we play a midfield three, Lallana must always be there. Emre Can is the other that must always be there. Henderson and Gini as the other options could work well in different types of games.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: September 5, 2016, 03:29:03 am »
Boy, this fella puts in a shift doesn't he? A wonderful game, linking pay beautifully, quickly closing down the opposition. No wonder the coach loves him.

He's brilliant isn't he? I can believe I'm still having to argue his point, defend him and tell people he is not making way for anyone in Klopps side. The boss loves him, he is the perfect Klopp player. I don't know why everyone is judged on goals and assists; surely contribution to the teams overall play is the main point?

On the ball he is dreamy. I don't care if he doesn't score 30 yarders like Coutinho, this lads contribution to our attacking and overall play is vital.

I've backed him for a break out season with goals this year and that's one for club and one for country in the first few games now. Possibly my favourite player, heightened by some peoples hatred of him and the abuse he gets.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #381 on: September 5, 2016, 04:24:02 am »
Like him a lot. Even when he wasn't showing much of a cutting edge I loved his workrate. Runs himself into the ground every week for the team. I think the new position suits him better, even if he's still learning how to play it. Fancy him to get more goals this season arriving late in the box from midfield, a la the Arsenal goal. His lack of pace holds him back in a wide position.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2016, 04:29:42 am by Yevgeny »

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: September 5, 2016, 06:13:45 am »
He still at times fails to release the ball in time to not run into blind alleys(a lot less now than when he started with us),other than that Adam is great.   

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: September 5, 2016, 06:27:23 am »
You can chip in with a few goals from CM! I don't know what he is on paper, but he gets in enough good positions and areas to score more when he plays for us
He can and he will. But that few won't be 10-15 and it isn't expected of him from CM.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: September 5, 2016, 10:17:04 am »
Was only half watching because it is England and I could not care less, but he was the player that stood out most to me. If Rooney had done that turn and shot (the one that hit the post) the commentators would be creaming themselves.

His goal was really well taken. I know they were down to 10 men, but the way that England broke down Slovakia could serve as a good example for us against the weaker teams. It was good to see how they were switching the play and the way Stones was pushed right up. Also, very encouraging to see Lallana be the key man in England's attempts to get past the parked bus. Food for thought that game.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: September 5, 2016, 10:20:47 am »
I like him a lot. His finishing can be frustrating, but his effort, his skill on the ball, the way he sees the game and the space on the pitch are all excellent.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #386 on: September 5, 2016, 10:57:00 am »
Good player, glad we bought him from Soton at the time. Still has room to improve.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #387 on: September 5, 2016, 11:01:36 am »
Last night he got a bass and tried to flick it / backheel pass it to someone else in the box, when he could have just taken a touch and had a shot on goal.

What was a fish doing on the pitch (or was it a beer)?

Anyway, he played well last night and scored a good goal. His work-rate is getting more consistent and I hope he now starts to score many more goals.
#JFT97

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #388 on: September 5, 2016, 11:06:36 am »
I don't know why everyone is judged on goals and assists; surely contribution to the teams overall play is the main point?
The reason why people were pointing that out was because we finished 8th , had we finished in the Top 4 last two seasons I`m sure it wouldn`t have been that much of an issue. Luckily Klopp has realized that we have enough good attackers now and can push Lallana back into the CM where his superior technique can give us an edge rather than using him as a final third player where his lack of goals shows.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: September 5, 2016, 03:12:03 pm »
The reason why people were pointing that out was because we finished 8th , had we finished in the Top 4 last two seasons I`m sure it wouldn`t have been that much of an issue. Luckily Klopp has realized that we have enough good attackers now and can push Lallana back into the CM where his superior technique can give us an edge rather than using him as a final third player where his lack of goals shows.

Well yeah, RAWK and LFC fans need scapegoats.

Just been checking out his league stats for us and he has 10 goals and 10 assists in 49 starts and 10 sub appearances. Not bad is it for someone who struggled with niggling injuries? I think if he managed to start 30 league games then he could get more as he'd have a more settled period in the team.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: September 5, 2016, 03:23:29 pm »
He's a superb footballer, constantly taking the defence on and making things happen for his team. The nutmegs, flicks, back-heels are not luxury add-ons. They are a devastating part of his attacking repertoire. His running off the ball is quite brilliant, especially from the deep, as he seems to spot opportunities before anyone else on the pitch. I don't blame anyone for not 'getting' Lallana but I do pity them a bit. It must take away some of the enjoyment of watching the game.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #391 on: September 5, 2016, 03:26:27 pm »
other than that Adam is great.   

Fordy?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #392 on: September 5, 2016, 03:42:29 pm »
Just been checking out his league stats for us and he has 10 goals and 10 assists in 49 starts and 10 sub appearances. Not bad is it for someone who struggled with niggling injuries? I think if he managed to start 30 league games then he could get more as he'd have a more settled period in the team.
Have you seen his England record? 1 in 27. Is that a record combined with his Liverpool stats that suggest he`s a finisher or a goalscorer in any way?

There really is no issue here at all; Klopp has moved him back to CM where his skills will be much more useful to us rather than asking him to do something that`s not natural part of his game - which is what he should have done last season as well. Lallana will be major part of our team and will play a shit ton of football this season in a different position to last season. There`s absolutely no reason to be annoyed or touchy about all this at all.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #393 on: September 5, 2016, 03:43:06 pm »
Well yeah, RAWK and LFC fans need scapegoats.

Quite.

Taking your stats a bit further, since Lallana has been at the club he has a goal or assist every 207-minutes in the Premier League, Coutinho in the same period has a goal or an assist every 201-minutes so very similar output yet only one of them gets criticism for their end product. Over a 38-league game season that’s the different of half a goal or assist.

The second half of last season when we scoring goals for fun, Lallana was one of our leading players for chances created and goals+assists and was level with Firmino and Coutinho for clear cut chances created.

The following stats were compiled by the excellent @BassTunedToRed on twitter and shows how Lallana has again been one of our most creative players so far this season:

This is without even looking at his work-rate and pressing which has seen us win the ball in dangerous areas on numerous occasions.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2016, 03:44:48 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #394 on: September 5, 2016, 03:46:46 pm »
Argument to be made that Coutinho hasn't been scoring or assisting enough for a player in the front 3 also however.

Two wrongs not making a right and all that.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #395 on: September 5, 2016, 03:52:04 pm »
Argument to be made that Coutinho hasn't been scoring or assisting enough for a player in the front 3 also however.

Two wrongs not making a right and all that.
I've been making that exact point recently, we don't have enough goalscorers in the front three and Coutinho is far too inconsistent to be used as a forward.

The point was more aimed at how 'player A' gets no-end of criticism for his end product and shooting ability for the last three years while 'player B' (who has about 3 x as many shots per season) doesn't.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2016, 03:59:14 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: September 5, 2016, 04:09:13 pm »
Have you seen his England record? 1 in 27. Is that a record combined with his Liverpool stats that suggest he`s a finisher or a goalscorer in any way?

There really is no issue here at all; Klopp has moved him back to CM where his skills will be much more useful to us rather than asking him to do something that`s not natural part of his game - which is what he should have done last season as well. Lallana will be major part of our team and will play a shit ton of football this season in a different position to last season. There`s absolutely no reason to be annoyed or touchy about all this at all.

Excuse me for not giving a flying shit about his England record. I'm just saying his Liverpool stats are not as bad as people, and you it seems, are making out. Don't care about England, I judge Liverpool players on what they do for our club.

I'm not trying to make out he is a great goalscorer so don't try and patronise by saying his lack of goals isn't an issue and not to get touchy.

His LFC stats are there for all to see. He is simply involved in more goals than people give him credit for. And I'm backing him to hit a few more this season providing he stays fit and hits at least 30 league games.

And thank you funky gibbons for providing those stats.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: September 5, 2016, 04:29:33 pm »
I've been making that exact point recently, we don't have enough goalscorers in the front three and Coutinho is far too inconsistent to be used as a forward.

The point was more aimed at how 'player A' gets no-end of criticism for his end product and shooting ability for the last three years while 'player B' (who has about 3 x as many shots per season) doesn't.
Perception. Probably due to Coutinho's goals really sticking out in terms of hitting absolute screamers and also when he does score it is usually important goals against big teams.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #398 on: September 5, 2016, 04:45:24 pm »
Perception. Probably due to Coutinho's goals really sticking out in terms of hitting absolute screamers and also when he does score it is usually important goals against big teams.

I honestly think there's an argument for dropping Coutinho against low block sides until he proves he can be effective against them.

Last season, for example, his only goals against sides that finished below us in any competition were his screamer on the opening day against Stoke and the opener when we lost in Palace (the type of goal, like his second against Arsenal, he needs to be scoring more often if playing as a front three player).
« Last Edit: September 5, 2016, 04:56:36 pm by bcurtis92 »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #399 on: September 5, 2016, 04:51:00 pm »

Coutinho has got a lot more consistent though, though I think games like Burnley stick out like a sore thumb and aid in a bit of confirmation bias.

For the two seasons (13-15) he was averaging 1 goal every 7 games. Last season he was averaging 1 goal every 3 games (League Stats)

Incidentally this season he's on a goal every 1.5 games ;D
:D