Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 593817 times)

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #320 on: August 15, 2016, 10:57:54 am »
CM is a very good position for him. He got a goal and an assist but that isn't demanded of him anymore. As a CM he only has to do what he is really good at, which is press the opposition and use his technical ability in tight spaces to keep the ball and move it upfield. Playing Lallana as a CM goes a long way towards making up for not signing a CM like Dahoud.

He's perfectly capable of that - but needs to maintain his focus at times. He can get too casual, too many touches, show too much of the ball to an opponent. That's frustrating midway in the opponents half when he's playing further forward; it's dangerous in CM and led directly to the opening goal.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: August 15, 2016, 11:02:31 am »
He's perfectly capable of that - but needs to maintain his focus at times. He can get too casual, too many touches, show too much of the ball to an opponent. That's frustrating midway in the opponents half when he's playing further forward; it's dangerous in CM and led directly to the opening goal.
This is true. Its a risk, but there is also a reward to it. If teams try to press a player as technically gifted as Lallana in our half, and he spins away, they'll have all kinds of problems with the counter-attacking ability of Mane, Firmino, Coutinho bearing down on their exposed defensive line.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: August 15, 2016, 11:11:30 am »
This is true. Its a risk, but there is also a reward to it. If teams try to press a player as technically gifted as Lallana in our half, and he spins away, they'll have all kinds of problems with the counter-attacking ability of Mane, Firmino, Coutinho bearing down on their exposed defensive line.

Agreed, but perhaps it's about all of the players being aware of what's going on around them and the context of specific individuals. On the first Arsenal goal for instance - either Lallana has to be much more certain of retaining the ball (and not immediately attempt quite such a tight turn), or other players (and particularly Moreno) needed to not assume possession was secure and start breaking quite so quickly. In that situation, the spin wasn't as high-reward as it might be in more general buildup play, because the space was already there as a result of the breakdown. If Lallana had laid the ball off and spun, he and (by then) Moreno would have been running at speed either side of a single Arsenal defender for a ball over the top.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: August 15, 2016, 11:14:10 am »
He's fast becoming my favourite player

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: August 15, 2016, 11:43:33 am »
Agreed, but perhaps it's about all of the players being aware of what's going on around them and the context of specific individuals. On the first Arsenal goal for instance - either Lallana has to be much more certain of retaining the ball (and not immediately attempt quite such a tight turn), or other players (and particularly Moreno) needed to not assume possession was secure and start breaking quite so quickly. In that situation, the spin wasn't as high-reward as it might be in more general buildup play, because the space was already there as a result of the breakdown. If Lallana had laid the ball off and spun, he and (by then) Moreno would have been running at speed either side of a single Arsenal defender for a ball over the top.
Yup, some fine-tuning is needed to get  the required levels of co-ordination and understanding, but if we can do that with Lallana, it really compensates for Henderson's and to a lesser extent Can's inability to turn on the ball. All of us were craving that Dahoud-type signing for exactly this reason - beating the high press. Klopp has bought 2 CBs and a GK, all comfortable on the ball, and IMO played something of a master stroke by fielding Lallana as a CM. Beating a high press will be a very big feature of our build up play this season IMO.   

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: August 15, 2016, 12:09:19 pm »
Lallana is an attacking option and that comes with some down side. I think we saw both sides in the Arsenal game, he gave up possession attempting an ambitious bit of skill in our own half for Walcott's goal and then together with Clyne was beaten for Oxlade's. But equally we saw the benefits with his goal and assist. Most teams won't be as good as Arsenal and both he and the team will get better. It's definitely something worth persevering with.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #326 on: August 15, 2016, 12:53:52 pm »
A lot of people overlooking his leadership skills, always organising and motivating his teammates.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: August 15, 2016, 01:23:20 pm »
I gave up on him at Christmas, thought after a season and a half of not showing very much he would be gone in the summer. Fuck sake.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #328 on: August 15, 2016, 01:28:22 pm »
Big fan of Lallana, you won’t see many players with better technique then him he's so talented with the ball at his feet. Off the ball he works his socks off. It’s just his numbers that are lacking. He started on the front foot yesterday, more of that please and he'll change a lot people opinions.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: August 15, 2016, 01:41:50 pm »
He took that goal briliiantly, if thats a sign of things to come in his choice of finish then i'm excited

Instead of lashing at the ball and ending up fluffing his lines he took his time, remained composed and chose the right kind of finish

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: August 15, 2016, 02:43:19 pm »
I gave up on him at Christmas

Not very festive of you! ;D

Played great yesterday, one mistake aside. Pleased for him.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: August 15, 2016, 02:50:07 pm »
I gave up on him at Christmas, thought after a season and a half of not showing very much he would be gone in the summer. Fuck sake.

Same, if he can sort out his end product he'd be up there with Yossi in his prime. And i say that as a huge fan of Benayoun. Very under rated at his peak.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: August 15, 2016, 02:51:39 pm »
I will forgive him giving the ball away occasionally if he scores a decent amount of goals.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: August 15, 2016, 03:33:48 pm »
With the exception of possibly Cou and Mane all our players who play from DM forwards will be in and out of the starting 11.  It's no disgrace, it's not through lack of talent it'll be tactical and fitness based.

All fans have favourites, all fans see qualities that others refuse to see and all fans want their preferred choice to play every week but for once we actually have a lot of different options for those front 5 positions and all of them will have to be at their absolute best to get in the 11 and maintain their absolute best to stay there.

I'm so happy that at last we have genuine quality and genuine competition for our attacking places.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #334 on: August 15, 2016, 03:37:26 pm »
He had a mixed game yesterday. Some genius and some amateur. He got caught on the turn in midfield for the first goal, and made a terrible error in going in for Chamberlain when Clyne was jockeying him for the second goal. If you are going to help in defense, help, don't hinder.

That said there isn't a finer sight in football than seeing him take a ball down from the air.

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: August 15, 2016, 04:09:12 pm »
Don't think it was Wijnaldum who got to close to Clyne allowing the ox thru, thought it was Lallana or hendo

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: August 15, 2016, 04:14:24 pm »
Same, if he can sort out his end product he'd be up there with Yossi in his prime. And i say that as a huge fan of Benayoun. Very under rated at his peak.
I too was a big fan of yossi but I think Lallana could be better. His all round game is stronger I think but yossi had a real knack of getting big goals. If Lallana can start doing that then we really have a great player on our hands.

Great way for him to start the season. Fair play to him, he's had a very good year so far.

Offline Almo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #337 on: August 15, 2016, 04:26:06 pm »
A lot of people overlooking his leadership skills, always organising and motivating his teammates.

I've thought the same, he's definitely a voice on the pitch

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: August 15, 2016, 04:27:36 pm »
Thought he looked pretty solid in that role, though yes he does seem to lack a bit of awareness yet and that's something he is going to need if he's to be playing there. Gets caught from behind too easily and is guilty of taking an extra touch here or there that sees him caught out. But I think the other parts of his game make it easier to forgive him those errors and hope that with time and training he will improve in his weaknesses.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: August 15, 2016, 04:28:38 pm »
I've thought the same, he's definitely a voice on the pitch

Well he was captain at Southampton. His 'hunter' mentality is a good example for the rest of the squad. Future liverpool captain?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: August 15, 2016, 05:37:47 pm »
He is becoming a big part of what we do. Now the fee we paid for him looks absurd.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #341 on: August 15, 2016, 05:57:14 pm »
Klopp has reignited Lallanas potential. He's such a hard worker under klopp, and has so much more confidence. Just look at that goal, he took his time and finished it as cool as you'd like. Its going to be a fun season for sure.
Seen us win everything

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #342 on: August 15, 2016, 06:49:46 pm »
I've always liked Lallana but was often frustrated with his lack of end product and his penchant for slowing down chances that didn't need to be.

I think in a midfield 3 Klopp has really found Lallana's best position. He's very technical and can move the ball up the pitch neatly before making a pass or a late run ala the goal from Wijnaldum. I really like him and Wijnaldum beside eachother with a defensive midfielder behind.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #343 on: August 19, 2016, 01:22:02 pm »
Not really sure where to put this, but it's a short video on The Echo websire with Lallana, Clyne, Ings and Klopp being questioned about pressing.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inside-gegenpressing-liverpool-stars-share-11771425

I found Lallana's comments interesting that it's his job to wait for the right moment to come forward and trigger the press.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #344 on: August 23, 2016, 10:17:37 pm »
Not a midfielder.

2 goals on him against Arsenal (giving the ball away for the first, letting Chamberlain walk past him for their second), poor at Burnley and again tonight.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #345 on: August 23, 2016, 10:25:42 pm »
Boy, this fella puts in a shift doesn't he? A wonderful game, linking pay beautifully, quickly closing down the opposition. No wonder the coach loves him.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Halewooder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #346 on: August 23, 2016, 10:26:42 pm »
Not a midfielder.

2 goals on him against Arsenal (giving the ball away for the first, letting Chamberlain walk past him for their second), poor at Burnley and again tonight.

Strange player for me. Doesn't create much, scores nowhere near enough either. Yet he's supposed to be a creative player.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #347 on: August 23, 2016, 10:31:24 pm »
So much more suited to playing in the center circle rather than the final third. I wanted him pushed back to CM the entire last season and he`s even better there than I imagined. It`s an absolute joy having a player there who lives on the half turn and almost guarantee us an edge with his superior technique.

The only question mark I have of him in that role is whether for example he has the ability to make a last ditch tackle right in front of our box when needed to. Saturday will be a massive test and I hope he continues to play well as I enjoy immensely watching him as a link-up player in the center circle area.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: August 23, 2016, 10:31:28 pm »
Boy, this fella puts in a shift doesn't he? A wonderful game, linking pay beautifully, quickly closing down the opposition. No wonder the coach loves him.

Yeah, he always works his socks off!

You can tell the boss loves him!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: August 23, 2016, 10:35:49 pm »
Not a midfielder.

Strange player for me. Doesn't create much, scores nowhere near enough either. Yet he's supposed to be a creative player.

Fecking turn it in!  :duh :duh

Offline Halewooder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #350 on: August 23, 2016, 10:40:00 pm »
He's not really a creative outlet on a regular basis is he, lets be honest. If he broke his leg in the Spurs match you wouldn't be thinking, oh shit, that's all our creativity gone would you.

Offline James55

• Main Stander
« Reply #351 on: August 23, 2016, 10:42:54 pm »
I dont rate lallana, he cant pass,tackle,turns his back on ball everytime.cant shoot.. Sum see him as a presser..have u ever seen him tackle anyone.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: August 23, 2016, 10:43:02 pm »
He's not really a creative outlet on a regular basis is he, lets be honest. If he broke his leg in the Spurs match you wouldn't be thinking, oh shit, that's all our creativity gone would you.

I wouldn't even think that if it was Coutinho or Mane instead.  :o

Weird statement.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #353 on: August 23, 2016, 10:44:01 pm »

No, because we have Firminho, Coutinho, Can etc etc. But after getting over my initial thought at the broken leg (horror) I'd be devastated. Klopp would be too. Lallana is a wonderfully creative player. Anyone who doesn't see this is probably not watching hard enough.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #354 on: August 23, 2016, 10:44:17 pm »
I dont rate lallana, he cant pass,tackle,turns his back on ball everytime.cant shoot.. Sum see him as a presser..have u ever seen him tackle anyone.

Can someone translate this?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Halewooder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #355 on: August 23, 2016, 10:45:07 pm »
I wouldn't even think that if it was Coutinho or Mane instead.  :o

Weird statement.

Not really. Considering he's a number 10 type player, he's not what you would call an overly key player when it comes to creating clear cut chances.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: August 23, 2016, 10:46:35 pm »
Not really. Considering he's a number 10 type player, he's not what you would call an overly key player when it comes to creating clear cut chances.

Was more of an 8 than a 10 tonight, no? And looked pretty good doing it.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #357 on: August 23, 2016, 10:47:11 pm »
Last season he created the same number of clear cut chances as Coutinho.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: August 23, 2016, 10:47:23 pm »

I think he meant the part about him breaking his leg against Spurs is weird.

I agree with him, it's a very strange thing to say.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 10:49:22 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #359 on: August 24, 2016, 08:17:40 am »

http://giphy.com/gifs/goal-liverpool-lukasz-OnM56uYhXdaE

“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”