Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 593984 times)

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #280 on: August 14, 2016, 06:13:43 pm »
Brilliant goal.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #281 on: August 14, 2016, 06:15:58 pm »
Making his critics eat humble pie game after game

Sort of!
I'm one of his bigger supporters on here but that first 45 was the worst he's played for us.
Then he was everything you'd want him to be for the second 45 - except for their 2nd where he should do more
If he can hit the box more this year he'll score the goals people want him too

One things for certain he's going to play a lot more than most of the posts on the first XI thread a couple of weeks ago would have you believe

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #282 on: August 14, 2016, 06:19:26 pm »
Goal and an assist, can't ask for much more.  Needs to keep contributing and he'll be a huge asset this season.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #283 on: August 14, 2016, 06:21:11 pm »
Sort of!
I'm one of his bigger supporters on here but that first 45 was the worst he's played for us.
Then he was everything you'd want him to be for the second 45 - except for their 2nd where he should do more
If he can hit the box more this year he'll score the goals people want him too

One things for certain he's going to play a lot more than most of the posts on the first XI thread a couple of weeks ago would have you believe
The whole team were poor in the first half, not one decent performance in there.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: August 14, 2016, 06:31:34 pm »
The whole team were poor in the first half, not one decent performance in there.

I wouldn't say that. Henderson was good in the first half, distributing the ball under pressure, and doing a job defensively. He got a yellow card covering for Lallana's mistake, one of many he had in the first half.

And the likes of Klavan and Lovren keeping us in the game there for the first 45, Mane and Coutinho couldn't be faulted for their effort either. It was just in the middle of the park where we kept losing the ball, and Lallana was hugely culpable there.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: August 14, 2016, 06:32:32 pm »
I wouldn't say that. Henderson was good in the first half, distributing the ball under pressure, and doing a job defensively. He got a yellow card covering for Lallana's mistake, one of many he had in the first half.

And the likes of Klavan and Lovren keeping us in the game there for the first 45, Mane and Coutinho couldn't be faulted for their effort either. It was just in the middle of the park where we kept losing the ball, and Lallana was hugely culpable there.

No.  The whole team was poor in the first half. 

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: August 14, 2016, 06:40:00 pm »
No.  The whole team was poor in the first half.

I respectfully disagree. But we won regardless with a brilliant 2nd half, so crying over spilt milk now is rather pointless.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 14, 2016, 07:06:48 pm »
That was some finish! Great run too.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #288 on: August 14, 2016, 08:52:26 pm »
Has this whopper been banned?

From the H/T thread:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=329391.msg14852684#msg14852684

"Lallana is just embarrassing. When he's not dribbling in circles, turning the ball over in the middle of the pitch, he's collapsing space in the final third with his horrifically unintelligent movement off the ball. Moreno has been our worst player, which was exactly what we all expected, but Lallana hasn't been much better. Neither should be anywhere near our first 11."

::)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #289 on: August 14, 2016, 08:55:46 pm »
Has this whopper been banned?

From the H/T thread:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=329391.msg14852684#msg14852684

"Lallana is just embarrassing. When he's not dribbling in circles, turning the ball over in the middle of the pitch, he's collapsing space in the final third with his horrifically unintelligent movement off the ball. Moreno has been our worst player, which was exactly what we all expected, but Lallana hasn't been much better. Neither should be anywhere near our first 11."

::)

What's the obsession on this forum with constantly going out of the way to try take digs at other posters? We've beat Arsenal at the Emirates on the opening day and so many people just want to take digs at their fellow reds because they have different opinions to them.
Believe

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #290 on: August 14, 2016, 08:57:34 pm »
What's the obsession on this forum with constantly going out of the way to try take digs at other posters? We've beat Arsenal at the Emirates on the opening day and so many people just want to take digs at their fellow reds because they have different opinions to them.

Come on, besmirching half time moaners is a RAWK past time.
:D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: August 14, 2016, 08:59:10 pm »

Different opinions is one thing. Deciding at half time in our first game of the season at 1-1 that our players are "embarassing" and should be nowhere near the team is downright disrespectful and quite frankly pathetic.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #292 on: August 14, 2016, 09:02:50 pm »
Different opinions is one thing. Deciding at half time in our first game of the season at 1-1 that our players are "embarassing" and should be nowhere near the team is downright disrespectful and quite frankly pathetic.
Especially since that player went on to play an important part in the second half.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: August 14, 2016, 09:04:30 pm »
Especially since that player went on to play an important part in the second half.

Indeed!  Anyway, back on topic I was surprised to see JK go with Lallana and Wijnaldum as I expected Can would start to offer more bite but loved the link
up play and passing in that goal spell second half. Very promising.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #294 on: August 14, 2016, 09:08:05 pm »
Indeed!  Anyway, back on topic I was surprised to see JK go with Lallana and Wijnaldum as I expected Can would start to offer more bite but loved the link
up play and passing in that goal spell second half. Very promising.
In future away games I wonder whether it will be Henderson + one of Lallana/Wijnaldum in front of Can, that looks a bit more solid.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #295 on: August 14, 2016, 09:08:30 pm »

Fun though when someone cocks up so spectacularly. Cheers for pointing it out Phil.

Lallana is such a beautiful player isn't he? Where on earth did he learn to play football like he does?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: August 14, 2016, 09:12:26 pm »

Lallana is such a beautiful player isn't he? Where on earth did he learn to play football like he does?

Southampton? :D

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #297 on: August 14, 2016, 09:16:16 pm »
Fun though when someone cocks up so spectacularly. Cheers for pointing it out Phil.

He just doesn't play like a British bred player. He has a beautiful finesse and awareness of a continental player but with the physical attributes to combine. Made up he's ours.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #298 on: August 14, 2016, 09:33:26 pm »
He just doesn't play like a British bred player. He has a beautiful finesse and awareness of a continental player but with the physical attributes to combine. Made up he's ours.

These players are rare on 'the continent' too. It's no surprise to me that the Barcelona players rate Lallana so highly.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #299 on: August 14, 2016, 09:48:36 pm »
Can see Klopp utilising Lallana in that midfield more and more as the season goes on. While he make lack the positional awareness and defensive characteristics for that role he does have the work rate. He has an ability to turn quickly and in tight spaces to open up new angles and passing options. It may also be an attempt by the manager to get him more involved and thus improve his end product. He has often been too peripheral and today's goal came about because of his central involvement. It was a great goal and he took it very well. Big fan of the lad. Want him to continue to grow under Klopp.

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: August 15, 2016, 03:59:02 am »
Love how much the majority were signing he's gonna be the first one to make way. Not a chance, he's that important to Klopp he has simply moved him to a deeper position. And I think he will be great there once he's settled into it properly. I'll forgive him for being slightly off the boil on the first half due to it being a fairly new role in a midfield three that had never played a competitive game with one another, and it was at arguably our toughest venue if the last 20 games are anything to go by.

Got a feeling he's gonna have a break out season and all those good positions he's been getting in since he's been here and missing, are suddenly going to start bulging the net.

And I'll admit I'll be the first to come on here and be a smug prick about it. Humble pie all round
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: August 15, 2016, 04:02:26 am »
Love how much the majority were signing he's gonna be the first one to make way. Not a chance, he's that important to Klopp he has simply moved him to a deeper position. And I think he will be great there once he's settled into it properly. I'll forgive him for being slightly off the boil on the first half due to it being a fairly new role in a midfield three that had never played a competitive game with one another, and it was at arguably our toughest venue if the last 20 games are anything to go by.

Got a feeling he's gonna have a break out season and all those good positions he's been getting in since he's been here and missing, are suddenly going to start bulging the net.

And I'll admit I'll be the first to come on here and be a smug prick about it. Humble pie all round

He did make way. He just proceeded to beat out someone else for that central midfield position.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: August 15, 2016, 04:13:16 am »
He did make way. He just proceeded to beat out someone else for that central midfield position.

He started the game. He never made way. "Making way" would be to lose his position in the starting line up.The fact that he played further back is kind of backing my point up that I think Klopp rates him and counts him as an important player.

Lovely goal and some sumptuous touches as well, I forgot to mention. There was a particular ball he played into Firmino in the box when the easy ball was to the overlapping Clyne. It caught Arsenal out and Firmino had an effort. A lot of players would have played that simple ball to Clyne. Nothing wrong with that but it just shows when he has players with good movement and touch around him and like him, you can see he thrives.

Also got punished for a brilliant tackle, hope that doesn't stop him from tackling like that in future. That was one area I was concerned with him being in the midfield 3.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: August 15, 2016, 04:21:32 am »
He started the game. He never made way. "Making way" would be to lose his position in the starting line up.The fact that he played further back is kind of backing my point up that I think Klopp rates him and counts him as an important player.

Lovely goal and some sumptuous touches as well, I forgot to mention. There was a particular ball he played into Firmino in the box when the easy ball was to the overlapping Clyne. It caught Arsenal out and Firmino had an effort. A lot of players would have played that simple ball to Clyne. Nothing wrong with that but it just shows when he has players with good movement and touch around him and like him, you can see he thrives.

Also got punished for a brilliant tackle, hope that doesn't stop him from tackling like that in future. That was one area I was concerned with him being in the midfield 3.

He's definitely lost his starting place at RW and I'm not sold that he's won a permanent starting role in midfield just yet. We've got Can returning, Lucas is injured and potentially a change in shape if Sturridge comes in or Origi fires. I didn't anticipate a move to CM, and I do love that move now, but I'd wait and see how things go once we settle before claiming him a permanent starter.
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: August 15, 2016, 04:24:13 am »

I can understand that he's probably adjusting to playing in a midfield 3, that's a fair assessment, at times he seemed lost thinking about what he wanted to do (him losing the ball out of bounds under no pressure can probably be attributed to that). I watched the game again looking at him and Hendo, and it seems that his play generally was affected by a lack of confidence. When he is on his best, he turns on the ball brilliantly, the Cruyff turn that he has is simply sublime. But yesterday, bar the goal, you really didn't see that in him at all. His turnovers really hurt the team today, in terms of flow and, in one instance, led directly to us conceding.

Perhaps he will need time to adjust to that position. But will he have that time though? If Klopp continues with the 4-3-3, he will have more chances for sure, as his only other competition at this point is Stewart, Wijnaldum and Grujic. He just needs to believe in himself and what he can do more, then he will excel in that role I reckon.

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 15, 2016, 05:07:01 am »
I'm not going to reply much as I'm on my phone and currently travelling. I'm just gonna leave it at I love Lallana and think he will have a very important role to play this season and will start more games than people have predicted.

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: August 15, 2016, 05:12:28 am »
I will add though that I do agree a little with both of you on your points. I can see him slotting in and growing into this new role. Just hope he can stay fit and confident to really show his ability consistently.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #307 on: August 15, 2016, 05:24:51 am »
I hope that Adam Lallana is our worst player this season. We will win the treble.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #308 on: August 15, 2016, 05:52:04 am »
I just don't think he's a midfielder. He was involved in Arsenal's first two goals, first by a sloppy pass when the team was surging forward, second by headless defending. He didn't do much in terms of defending or buildup, which was one reason why we lacked control for most parts of the game. In general,we had three CMs learning their jobs which was at least two too many.
His linkup around the box is great though, as always, and the goal was nice. Even if he wouldn't make the best starting 11, he's probably going to feature almost every game.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #309 on: August 15, 2016, 08:13:42 am »
I hope that Adam Lallana is our worst player this season. We will win the treble.
Yup, it's fun to watch all those posters who like to post line-ups and formations a month before the first game of the season, all have Lallana out of the team. Then after a game where he scored one, assisted one and created the most chances he'll still be out of the team soon according to them.

Klopp clearly rates Lallana and plays him in most of our big games. He's got the intelligence and skills to work in that attacking midfield position. I can't see Klopp abandoning this formation so quickly, although I do think on-going it will be Henderson and one of Lallana/Wijnaldum in front of Can. 

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
Adam Lallana
« Reply #310 on: August 15, 2016, 08:39:42 am »
Yup, it's fun to watch all those posters who like to post line-ups and formations a month before the first game of the season, all have Lallana out of the team. Then after a game where he scored one, assisted one and created the most chances he'll still be out of the team soon according to them.

Klopp clearly rates Lallana and plays him in most of our big games. He's got the intelligence and skills to work in that attacking midfield position. I can't see Klopp abandoning this formation so quickly, although I do think on-going it will be Henderson and one of Lallana/Wijnaldum in front of Can.

So wait, you bag people who didn't put him in their lineup and said that he may not hold his spot and then in the very next paragraph you say it will be one of Lallana/Wijnaldum.......so effectively you're saying he might lose his starting spot.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #311 on: August 15, 2016, 08:45:21 am »
So wait, you bag people who didn't put him in their lineup and said that he may not hold his spot and then in the very next paragraph you say it will be one of Lallana/Wijnaldum.......so effectively you're saying he might lose his starting spot.
He won't be losing his place to Lucas.

I said it will be one of Lallana or Wijnaldum in centre midfield, didn't say Lallana would lose his place did I?

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: August 15, 2016, 08:47:39 am »
He won't be losing his place to Lucas.

You couldn't see Henderson shifting further forward and Lucas playing DM? Probably unlikely but I think it's possible.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #313 on: August 15, 2016, 08:49:59 am »
You couldn't see Henderson shifting further forward and Lucas playing DM? Probably unlikely but I think it's possible.
Very unlikely I'd say. as I said in my earlier post, I think Can will come into the deeper role and Henderson will push further forward for more solidity.

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
Adam Lallana
« Reply #314 on: August 15, 2016, 08:54:10 am »
Very unlikely I'd say. as I said in my earlier post, I think Can will come into the deeper role and Henderson will push further forward for more solidity.

I agree Can plays that DM role. It's more who's his cover. Right now it's obviously Henderson and potentially that indirectly effects Lallana's CM game time. But if Lucas when fit is that backup and Henderson is preferred ahead of Lallana you can see how that could cost Lallana a place.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:56:49 am by DanA »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #315 on: August 15, 2016, 09:00:31 am »
I agree Can plays that DM role. It's more who's his cover. Right now it's obviously Henderson and potentially that indirectly affect Lallana's CM game time. But if Lucas when fit is that backup and Henderson is prefered
Henderson and then Stewart are cover for the deepest position. Klopp has allowed Lucas to discuss a move to another team so I'd be surprised if he's still here by the time the window shuts.

I think Lallana will get significant game time this season despite reports of his demise before the season had even started. Klopp rates him and his workrate and if he continues to perform there it will be difficult to leave him out.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: August 15, 2016, 09:04:08 am »
We still have 2 of our first team players Can and Sturridge to come in .

So if Firmino moves back to no.10 to accommodate Sturridge as striker , all three of Lallana/Henderson/Wijnaldum will be fighting for a single spot most likely .

Unless of course Klopp picks Lallana ahead of Firmino which I can't see

Offline DanA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: August 15, 2016, 09:08:34 am »
I agree with that, I'm less certain about what Klopp wants to do with Lucas though.

Initially I didn't expect a 4-3-3 and thought Milner would fill a CM role ahead of Lallana. Pre-season selection indicated otherwise and Lallana has been a standout.

I'm just holding off on it being settled until Can and Sturridge are match fit and Lucas is sold.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #318 on: August 15, 2016, 10:42:47 am »
He's going to give Klopp a real headache.

He's obviously best in a midfield 3, and he is really great for us in there. He can't start for us in a midfield 2 however or play in the 3 in a 4231 because the likes of Firmino, Mane, Coutinho are obviously better at that.

The only way he starts for us in 433, so will his great performances in that make Jurgen change to a permanent 433. If he does that then we can only get 1 of Firmino/Sturridge/Origi on the park.
Believe

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: August 15, 2016, 10:48:08 am »
CM is a very good position for him. He got a goal and an assist but that isn't demanded of him anymore. As a CM he only has to do what he is really good at, which is press the opposition and use his technical ability in tight spaces to keep the ball and move it upfield. Playing Lallana as a CM goes a long way towards making up for not signing a CM like Dahoud.