Author Topic: FC Basel AWAY  (Read 69881 times)

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FC Basel AWAY
« Reply #400 on: September 30, 2014, 02:32:51 pm »
Quote from: Shanklygates link=topic=316049.msg13278300#msg13278300 date=141208067thr6
Can't imagine I'll be too hot in jeans, esp at the match

Just hope they are right and it's dry
the forecast I saw said rain tomorrow z!
trsst

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: September 30, 2014, 03:54:02 pm »

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2014, 04:41:08 pm »
Thats nice if its sunny, but the only jacket I have packed is a big leather one.. :(

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: September 30, 2014, 05:01:20 pm »
Pretty miserable at the moment, supposed to clear up though tomorrow.
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #404 on: September 30, 2014, 06:35:11 pm »
In Zurich, having a swift one before train to Basel, and i wouldn't say it's shorts weather. Not cold though, sitting outside in a t-shirt and lightweight jacket. Bring your jeans would be my advise :)

p.s. 6chf for a half litre, not bad after the predictions of it being v.expenny.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #405 on: September 30, 2014, 07:11:23 pm »
Been well hot in Basle today, still hot now but it has been chucking it down with rain this evening. Beer generally 7.5 - 9 chf in Basle. We did the beers in 4 Countries stroll, at airport in UK then Switzerland, France and Germany. Once you get to the Swiss / Germany border you can then walk through Germany to France in 10 minutes!

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: September 30, 2014, 07:12:34 pm »
9 chf in the "english" pubs
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: September 30, 2014, 08:18:39 pm »
Great to see King Kenny and Ian Ayre down the pub with the fans tonight... For those lucky enough to be there... Im not flying out till tomorrow... grrrrrrr

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
« Reply #408 on: September 30, 2014, 08:28:54 pm »
Great to see King Kenny and Ian Ayre down the pub with the fans tonight... For those lucky enough to be there... Im not flying out till tomorrow... grrrrrrr
which pub mate
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #409 on: September 30, 2014, 08:31:27 pm »

That's quality!
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #410 on: September 30, 2014, 09:10:26 pm »

Love that! :thumbup
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #411 on: September 30, 2014, 10:58:24 pm »
Just done the Germany and France trek, beer half the price of Swizzerland.

Offline Leathered

• Boys Pen
« Reply #412 on: September 30, 2014, 11:30:36 pm »

Get in to Basel tomorrow lunch time. Where are people going to be drinking?

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #413 on: October 1, 2014, 08:44:34 am »
Just done the Germany and France trek, beer half the price of Swizzerland.

And decent beer too fy7reds, better than the Swiss piss!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: October 1, 2014, 09:04:35 am »
Get in to Basel tomorrow lunch time. Where are people going to be drinking?
Germany

Offline Matze_LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We go again!
« Reply #415 on: October 1, 2014, 01:00:54 pm »
If anyone is still looking for tickets for the game. Basel are selling tickets that didnt get pickeud up on their homepage and at the shop at the stadium

https://ticketing.fcb.ch/Events.aspx?msg=0&ret=2

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: October 1, 2014, 01:05:08 pm »
I was wrong, it IS shorts weather!

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #417 on: October 1, 2014, 01:23:48 pm »
I was wrong, it IS shorts weather!
Big time, stunning weather!
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: October 2, 2014, 10:49:52 am »
What a trip that was!!! The only sad part of the trip was that we are shit at the moment.. but such wonderful memories

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: October 2, 2014, 06:13:42 pm »
Despite the result, and poor performance  was a generally good trip,  only spoilt by the dickheads who thought it'd be a good idea to take on the Basel fans in their own main pub.

Riot Police on the scene before you could know it and it soon stopped

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #420 on: October 2, 2014, 06:41:03 pm »
Despite the result, and poor performance  was a generally good trip,  only spoilt by the dickheads who thought it'd be a good idea to take on the Basel fans in their own main pub.

Riot Police on the scene before you could know it and it soon stopped

I've never understood why people fight at football. Mental.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: October 2, 2014, 07:49:49 pm »
I've never understood why people fight at football. Mental.

Any excuse with these types of people mate. You'll find that if you went out with them on a normal night they'd be the same in a bar/club etc. Utter dickheads
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: October 2, 2014, 07:55:13 pm »
Any excuse with these types of people mate. You'll find that if you went out with them on a normal night they'd be the same in a bar/club etc. Utter dickheads

It just started from nowhere, fellas we'd been having a laugh with all day, turned into crazed dickheads

As you say beer all day and this type would fight in any situation.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: October 2, 2014, 08:07:17 pm »
When I first got to the ground, I inadvertently arrived at the stand where the 'hardcore' element of their support was (the stand with all the flags etc). I had a Liverpool scarf on and was just taking in my surroundings when some bellend came out of nowhere and grabbed me; "Liverpool, go away! Liverpool, go away!" Strange...

It was nothing and I laughed about it afterwards, but I doubt any Basel fans will be told to fuck off for standing outside the Kop end. 
« Last Edit: October 2, 2014, 08:24:22 pm by Paragon »
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: October 2, 2014, 08:59:07 pm »
When I first got to the ground, I inadvertently arrived at the stand where the 'hardcore' element of their support was (the stand with all the flags etc). I had a Liverpool scarf on and was just taking in my surroundings when some bellend came out of nowhere and grabbed me; "Liverpool, go away! Liverpool, go away!" Strange...

It was nothing and I laughed about it afterwards, but I doubt any Basel fans will be told to fuck off for standing outside the Kop end.

Had that one aswell, me and my mate thought we will take just a lap around the ground to see it before entering the away area and then when we started to go in the middle section some basel fans started shouting in german, we didnt understood anything and then some 13 year old boy told us not to go further. Didn't seem to be any problems with local fans around the stadium and there was a great mix of liverpool fans all over the world everywhere on the ground... anyway heard about the pub crawl, why did it kick off? Just too much booze?

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #425 on: October 2, 2014, 10:23:58 pm »
So sorry that all you Reds spent so much getting to Basel and back to watch that abject performance yesterday. Hope that you all get rewarded in Madrid and Sofia. LFC should really refund all match tickets to apologise after that shite performance.
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: October 2, 2014, 10:24:16 pm »
We have history with Basel don't we .

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: October 2, 2014, 11:04:13 pm »
We have history with Basel don't we .

Maybe. Some people seem to have 'history' with most clubs though. Its pathetic

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: October 2, 2014, 11:06:38 pm »
Maybe. Some people seem to have 'history' with most clubs though. Its pathetic

What is this history we have with them?
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline seanbren

• Main Stander
« Reply #429 on: October 2, 2014, 11:51:24 pm »

As far as I remember they turned over a boozer (in Walton?) full of dads and kids before the match. Totally out of the blue.
Some Liverpool lads went over to Basel last time we were there and there was a bit of revenge action going on....... maybe the bad blood has lingered?

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #430 on: October 2, 2014, 11:52:03 pm »

When a firm of them (some wearing brass knuckles) raided a well known pub by the ground and twatted any one in sight.

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #431 on: October 3, 2014, 06:19:52 am »
Anyone knows what happened to the feller who threw a bike at the bizzies in their direction? Think they tried to go after him.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: October 3, 2014, 06:40:18 am »
Anyone knows what happened to the feller who threw a bike at the bizzies in their direction? Think they tried to go after him.

Last time I seen him he was running benny hill style past the co op with 5 wannabe robocops struggling to keep up.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #433 on: October 3, 2014, 11:08:52 am »
75% of our Euro away supporters understand the sit anywhere rule but 25% don't and insisted in sitting at their allocated seat. There was a bit of a mess in the front rows of the lower tier with over populated areas. Macco and i gave up and went to the upper tier where there wasn't an issue. Didn't help as the upper and lower tiers were linked. Real Madrid could be a problem.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #434 on: October 3, 2014, 11:31:32 am »
75% of our Euro away supporters understand the sit anywhere rule but 25% don't and insisted in sitting at their allocated seat. There was a bit of a mess in the front rows of the lower tier with over populated areas. Macco and i gave up and went to the upper tier where there wasn't an issue. Didn't help as the upper and lower tiers were linked. Real Madrid could be a problem.

Arguments over seats, reds kicking off with reds. Fighting in pubs, bike throwing etc. Some moan about the type of people that turn up when we get a big allocation but this wasn't, so was mainly people that had the history from years ago but had perhaps moved their tickets on during the Europa Lge days. A lot of older guys ( over 50 ) over there and most like myself ( I'm an Auld arse! ) having a good time with everyone but the incidents I saw involved some Older men intent on causing trouble once they the ale kicked in, thought they owned the place! Respect to everyone else who along with the many Basel Supporters that we drank with were sound.
Good times apart from the shite performance and the one or two incidents!

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #435 on: October 3, 2014, 12:16:11 pm »
Oh his name is Colin Pascoe...

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #436 on: October 3, 2014, 12:20:34 pm »
Oh his name is Colin Pascoe...
How loud was that song! especially at the start of the second half  ;D
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #437 on: October 3, 2014, 12:31:43 pm »

Last time there was problems. We were given two tiers. People went in the lower tier for obvious reasons. But when it is so high up, it is pretty dangerous.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: October 3, 2014, 12:46:40 pm »
How loud was that song! especially at the start of the second half  ;D
One of those that seems to take on a life of its own...then you can't get it out your head for days! :)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: October 3, 2014, 12:55:09 pm »
Missed the little incident. Didn't hear about it til the flight home. Will always be one or two idiots, but in general thought it was a friendly city, made us welcome. We kept away from the centre on match day though, partly because we'd been reminded there was a little bit of history following the problems in the pub at the home leg last time....but mainly for cheaper ale reasons :) Decent trip, enjoyed it despite the result (took at least 2 pints to get me post-match mojo back)