Author Topic: Liverpool Summer tour 2013  (Read 6168 times)

Offline Kop202

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Liverpool Summer tour 2013
« on: June 28, 2013, 11:44:58 pm »
Why not have a "European away style" thread in here about the summer tour? Yeah - I know, neither Indonesia, Australia or Thailand are actually in Europe... But -

So far we have only had some hidden threads in the main forum on page 4, 5 etc. covering the tour from a local fan perspective (which is a good read by the way hearing about Aussie Reds travelling across their big country to see us play). 

But the threads are not so much about our Scouse/Europen fan base making the big trip - talking about the usual stuff, like flights, hotels, bars, tickets  etc.  Of course - as always - we highy welcome the input from the local Reds in those countries recommendimg which pubs to visit etc.

It is just an idea... If this thread doesn't take off we can still meet for a pint in Preston.....

Offline matchball

• Kopite
Re: Liverpool Summer tour 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 10:19:49 am »
We are regulars on most of the Euro away trips but obviously for cost reasons we won't be doing the long haul pre-Season trips but as you say it's always good to hear the tails from the locals to that Country and also from the few that travel from here.

We are however going to Valerenga ( haven't been on the previous occasions so thought that we'd do it this time ) and was wondering if any others from over here are doing this trip? If anyone is then there are apparently 2 or 3 bars in the City that are a lot cheaper than the others for a pint. I have been in contact with one in particular and they don't do a lot in the way of food ( just bar snacks ) but the beers less than £5 a pint as opposed to many approaching the £9/£10 mark. Anyone interested then send me a PM and I'll give you the info....

Plenty doing Preston obviously, should be a well sound day....

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 12:32:59 pm »
I'm very tempted to do the Valerenga one also, although when I first started having a look the prices out there put me off a little.

Flights and accommodation very cheap, especially the flights, so it's only costs when out there plus the price of the tickets which are steep, think from memory the cheapest are £67, getting in the way of booking the whole trip, although its good to hear there are some cheaper places about.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:38:08 pm by Trev20 »

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 03:08:36 pm »
Yes Trev20, you can work your way around the cost of ale out there by going to the right bars and as you say the flights well cheap, hotels not bad. But a massive hit on the ticket costs for a friendly.

We just bit the bullet and went for it, especially with there being no Europe this Season.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 07:57:51 pm »
Oslo doesnt have to be that bad. Frogner/Bygdøy/hegdehaugveien is like Chelsea with pros and cons. Karl johan is Main street with castle and parlament and tourists. Aker brygge/bridge Nice location but tourists /Chelsea. Cheap beer is either grab a norgie or Oslo east. Gronland toyen and maybe grunerlokka. Good Mix of people there. Or drink in the parks to start with. 2-3 pounds in the stores for a pint and normally no worries if you behave
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 10:05:33 am »
Thanks for info. Johnny Foreigner. Looking forward to it....

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 01:38:50 pm »
Thanks for info. Johnny Foreigner. Looking forward to it....

No worries mate

Take a look at the enclosed for some inspiration

http://www.osloby.no/sulten/Her-finner-du-Oslos-billigste-halvliter-7189282.html

http://www.bohemen.no/

Bohemen is the pub of the opposition - Vaalerenga. Partly/fully owned by their supporters - don't rememeber. Central as its locacted in one of the side streets to Karl Johan (not far away from the parliament). Not sure if they could do a deal for visiting guests; worth a try..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #7 on: July 1, 2013, 10:49:35 am »
No worries mate

Take a look at the enclosed for some inspiration

http://www.osloby.no/sulten/Her-finner-du-Oslos-billigste-halvliter-7189282.html

http://www.bohemen.no/

Bohemen is the pub of the opposition - Vaalerenga. Partly/fully owned by their supporters - don't rememeber. Central as its locacted in one of the side streets to Karl Johan (not far away from the parliament). Not sure if they could do a deal for visiting guests; worth a try..

Thanks, we intend hitting some of the cheaper of your list of pubs and a maybe a little Sightseeing....!

Gary

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #8 on: July 6, 2013, 05:50:41 pm »
All sorted for the Valerenga trip now.

Flying out on the Tuesday afternoon returning Thursday night, very cheap which is just as well considering each match ticket, in the least expensive areas, was about £65 so went for south stand upper block 411 which looks like a good spec. Booked some cheap hostel in Kjolbergatten, eastern Oslo, for £26 per night, decent location according to its reviews etc.

Also thanks for the info regarding cheaper bars/pubs Jonny Foreigner, look forward to getting to a few of those!

Offline Kop202

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 10:03:09 pm »
Ha. And I was convinced it would be cheaper to go to Thailand than to Norway.

Will go to Jakarta, Melbourne, Bangkok and Dublin and skip Preston (too much trouble getting there with all the railway maintenance) and Valerenga.

Hotels and tickets all sorted - although I feel more comfortable having a good old paper ticket for Melbourne than just an eticket voucher from one of the very few "official" Indonesian ticket agencies, who did actually accept non Indonesian credit cards (thanks again to Liverpool FC for not being of any help as usual to support your travelling fans).

Quite a few of us will be in Thailand, Melbourne should be fun with all the Aussie reds, not too many though seem to be going to Jakarta with the exception of the usual suspects. So please keep in touch.

Mad journey, but will be great fun I am sure.

Offline so kop end lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 03:40:45 pm »
Flights, hotel & tickets all booked.

Roll on Bangkok

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 09:49:30 pm »

Mad journey, but will be great fun I am sure.

Bo you mad fucker, safe trip mate

i'll be in liverpool in a few weeks, aiming for sunday lunch with Tom on catherine street, if your about let us know.
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline XeeLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 06:49:31 pm »
For Liverpool going to the Vålerenga match, have you got tickets in the stands sold by Liverpool Scandinavian Supporters branch or just random stands ? Thanks

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 09:07:01 am »
For Liverpool going to the Vålerenga match, have you got tickets in the stands sold by Liverpool Scandinavian Supporters branch or just random stands ? Thanks
Just got mine in random blocks of that billet-service website mate.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 09:46:45 am »

and us! Just went for the cheapest....

Offline annasfield

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 01:47:48 pm »
Looking at going to this. Are there any match tickets left?

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 02:12:43 pm »
Looking at going to this. Are there any match tickets left?
Yeah still seems to be plenty left.

Offline XeeLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17 on: August 4, 2013, 06:57:23 pm »

and us! Just went for the cheapest....

Mind telling which section you guys will be in ? I will be in section 103. I am not sure how many Vålerenga will be there to be honest but I would have loved to be among Reds

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: August 5, 2013, 07:29:26 am »
Mind telling which section you guys will be in ? I will be in section 103. I am not sure how many Vålerenga will be there to be honest but I would have loved to be among Reds

409, the cheapest was very expensive anyway, so thought sod it, not paying anymore than we have to! Will be Reds everywhere anyway, some spread amongst the home fans even.

Looking forward to it....

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #19 on: August 5, 2013, 10:14:49 am »
In 411 myself mate, went for the 'cheapest' too.

Offline XeeLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: August 6, 2013, 03:01:24 am »
I see. Well Yeah Reds everywhere amongst Home fans too. Looking forward to it. Hope we can at least create some decent atmosphere , thought I'm not expecting much since people here aren't that expressive

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #21 on: August 6, 2013, 10:58:08 pm »
Paid the equivalent of £11.50 for a pint earlier! Shocker. Now moved to the evergreen and much much cheaper!

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #22 on: August 7, 2013, 12:12:53 am »
Paid the equivalent of £11.50 for a pint earlier! Shocker. Now moved to the evergreen and much much cheaper!

Welcome to Norway :D crazy prices, but their economy is just blooming

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #23 on: August 7, 2013, 04:28:25 pm »
Welcome to Norway :D crazy prices, but their economy is just blooming
Haha, very true. Learnt my lesson though!

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: August 8, 2013, 05:47:01 pm »
It was an expensive City but there were some cheaper bars about. 3 near our hotel all about £4 a pint. Spent both nights that we were in Oslo tho in the Bohemien bar, a sports bar with a good atmosphere, music on throughout and different matches on loads of screens. Dearer at £6 a pint but worth it for the atmosphere and the crack with the locals! Busy in there both nights, especially after the match.
Also a mini rock concert in one of the squares on the tues, went there for a bit too, plenty of groups playing in pubs / bars too.
Was impressed with Vigeland Park. A decent trip and result.