Author Topic: Parks And Recreation - NBC Comedy by American Office creators  (Read 65319 times)

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
Re: Parks And Recreation - NBC Comedy by American Office creators
« Reply #40 on: June 4, 2011, 09:44:09 pm »
Any man who has a Pyramid Of Greatness, takes pilgrimages to Steakhouses and gives children anti-tank ordnance as a gift is a man of great stature.

Especially if that man just happens to be Woman Of The Year.
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #41 on: June 4, 2011, 11:25:22 pm »
Oh God. Just finished S2 E2 Tom Swanson Hernia. Oh when he went to eat his lunch, I almost had a hernia!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #42 on: June 4, 2011, 11:26:05 pm »
Just downloaded the first season.

Starting it now.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #43 on: June 4, 2011, 11:29:49 pm »
You might be dissapointed mate. Though the last 2 are funny and so far 1st 3 of 2nd series are bloody funny. Seems a, stick with it kind of programme.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: June 5, 2011, 05:35:59 pm »

...Fuck yes.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #45 on: June 5, 2011, 05:52:11 pm »
You might be dissapointed mate. Though the last 2 are funny and so far 1st 3 of 2nd series are bloody funny. Seems a, stick with it kind of programme.

Just finished the fourth mate and I'm enjoying it.

Has a similar feel to the american office.

I like it. Already downloaded the second and third series too.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #46 on: June 5, 2011, 06:27:20 pm »
Just finished the fourth mate and I'm enjoying it.

Has a similar feel to the american office.

I like it. Already downloaded the second and third series too.
Sound mate, and if your liking it already, your laffin'

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 5, 2011, 07:00:21 pm »
Hmmm. LOVED Seinfeld. Curb kind of fell away to me because of what was happening at the time I started to watch it, and Arrested, see Curb. Im 7 episodes of the 1st series in and have laughed out loud 3 times. Favourite show, ok...but is it the funniest...have you ever seen, Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia?

Definitely go back to Arrested Development mate!! It's absolutely genius writing and the continuity of jokes throughout the 3 seasons will be right up your alley as someone who likes to watch in bulk (like myself!). Curb isn't for everyone, but I think if you liked Seinfeld—particularly George—then you'll definitely appreciate it.

I am actually a big fan of Always Sunny in Philadelphia (been living there a few years now ;)) and you might be right, Charlie and Frank may be the funniest thing on television here right now—definitely the most laugh-out-loud moments at least. I think Parks is a bit more clever in the way it sets up its jokes, whereas Sunny is often just absurdity. Always loved South Park as well, but the new season has been underwhelming I think, maybe barring the penis length episode.

Also it's a shame that season 3 of Parks only just ended, I'm already getting impatient for season 4 to start :D

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #48 on: June 6, 2011, 02:51:50 pm »
Definitely go back to Arrested Development mate!! It's absolutely genius writing and the continuity of jokes throughout the 3 seasons will be right up your alley as someone who likes to watch in bulk (like myself!). Curb isn't for everyone, but I think if you liked Seinfeld—particularly George—then you'll definitely appreciate it.

I am actually a big fan of Always Sunny in Philadelphia (been living there a few years now ;)) and you might be right, Charlie and Frank may be the funniest thing on television here right now—definitely the most laugh-out-loud moments at least. I think Parks is a bit more clever in the way it sets up its jokes, whereas Sunny is often just absurdity. Always loved South Park as well, but the new season has been underwhelming I think, maybe barring the penis length episode.

Also it's a shame that season 3 of Parks only just ended, I'm already getting impatient for season 4 to start :D
I shall definitely be going back to Arrested mate. As soon as my PC is back up and running, I shall be getting that and Curb. George was a great character, though maybe not as good as Kramer (I LOVE slapstick).

Sunnys just the greatest. What I like doing is phoning up my mate and asking him to pick a number between and inc....and that determines which episode I'll watch again. Can just watch them over and over. Charlies my fav...brilliant.

South Park I kind of dip in and out of.  Used to watch it avidley when I smoked weed, but now, if theres nothing else on and that is, thats when I tune in. And speaking off Weed. Weeds restarts the endish of this month I think. Do like that as well. She's fit and Andys a funny funny character, as too is Doug.

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #49 on: June 7, 2011, 08:59:32 pm »
In fact, in honour of our favourite libertarian...

<----------------------
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2011, 12:26:34 pm »

Is everyone aware that this is restarting? Series 4 Episode 1 is available this friday!

Ah okay. That's a real shame man. Those two are definitely worth revisiting. Fuck Parks and Rec, it's got nothing on those. Also see The Larry Sanders Show if you haven't.

Did go back and watched both Arrested and Curb. Lierally just finished Curb (last night!) and then saw today that there is a series 8 that has just finished..happy days. Enjoyed both thoroughly. My ex is a fan of both too and she told me that the Larry David character is a horrible man who gets into messes etc. Am I the only one who basically agrees with almost everything he does and says?!

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2011, 06:52:38 pm »
Very aware... :D

I'm hoping that there will be some classic Swanson quotes...

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2011, 10:58:59 pm »
Very aware... :D

I'm hoping that there will be some classic Swanson quotes...
:thumbup

I live for Ron ;)

Offline Punter

• Main Stander
  • Free at last, free at last.
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2011, 11:21:00 pm »

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2011, 08:00:13 pm »
Watching the new episode right now, enjoying it so far.

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2011, 09:55:20 pm »
Treat yo self!

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2011, 10:01:43 pm »
Brilliant.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2011, 09:20:24 pm »
Up to date on this now and found i can never stick to a favourite character.  It's actually one of the things i love about it though, every episode a different one shines. Tom, Ron, April and Andy are all genius.

Oh and this is ace:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YEqSv1cIF-o?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YEqSv1cIF-o?fs=1</a>

"long assed rice"  :D

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2011, 12:40:07 am »
just a brilliant show.  small scale and character-led, but consistently funny.  plus andy dwyer looks like andy carroll, which makes the latter easier to love.

bert macklin... f...b...i

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ySptysWzA-Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ySptysWzA-Y</a>
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:46:12 am by sideshowme »
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2011, 11:28:46 am »
Love this show!  For being such a shitty network, NBC easily produces the most quality comedies.  Parks + Rec, Community, 30 Rock...

Re-watching first season and it's impossible to believe that Andy is the same guy.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2011, 08:54:30 pm »
Love this show!  For being such a shitty network, NBC easily produces the most quality comedies.  Parks + Rec, Community, 30 Rock...

Re-watching first season and it's impossible to believe that Andy is the same guy.
what be that then?

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2011, 10:54:28 pm »
Really miserable after the game today.

Thirty seconds into Parks and Recreation, and Ron has me laughing out loud.

Ron Swanson, I think I love you, you magnificent moustachioed bastard.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2011, 04:45:48 am »
Andy and Ron Swanson are two of the best characters on TV right now.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2011, 06:49:33 pm »
Parks & Rec is, for me, the best show on TV. So funny and so sweet. An amazing array of characters - Ron obviously, but also the likes of Andy, April, Tom, Ben, Chris, Ann, Donna and Jerry. And Leslie is of course superb.

There's no show that makes me smile like this does. Have seen it compared to a live action Simpsons, and I can totally see it. Pawnee is just like Springfield, with a whole host of bizarre recurring characters.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2011, 12:13:32 am »
The blooper reels are brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU933jxGK0k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjer4H7me_g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqg8qaYjHTM

Got say if i could pick any 'extra' to put on every dvd/bluray it was be a blooper/gag reel.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline crasher1in

• Kopite
  • he who hesitates, masturbates
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2011, 04:57:54 am »
Gets a lot better after season 1.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2011, 07:01:06 pm »
The blooper reels are brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU933jxGK0k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjer4H7me_g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqg8qaYjHTM

Got say if i could pick any 'extra' to put on every dvd/bluray it was be a blooper/gag reel.
I freaooking love blooopers.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #67 on: February 3, 2012, 02:00:25 am »
Thought the Valentine's Day episode was pretty hilarious. Especially Chris' stint as a DJ and Ron Swanson visiting a gay bar.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2012, 12:19:54 pm »
Still the best comedy on TV.

Think the highlight of this season has been Paul Rudd's appearance. The campaign storyline has given them a good pool of stories - interested in seeing how they shake things up at the end of the season. Would be interesting to see Ron in Ben's old job, and Leslie as Parks & Rec director. Wouldn't change the dynamics too much, but just enough to keep things interesting.

And for any West Wing fans, Bradley Whitford is guest starring soon. No scenes with Rob Lowe though!

Show is taking a 5-week break, will be off air from March 8th to April 19th. Original intention was not to take a break and just finish the season earlier than other shows, but apparently this move is actually a sign that NBC are very likely to renew it for a fifth season. So, great news!

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2012, 09:21:09 am »
(Ron Swanson mentions the bowling alley has his favorite restaurant in Pawnee)

Ann - "Really? You're not scared to eat the food here?"
Ron -  "When I eat, it is the food that is scared."
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 2, 2012, 11:09:34 pm »
If anyone on here is keeping up with Season 4, it's airing a few days earlier in Canada than in the US. So this week's episode is already available from the usual sources. And the season finale will be available early too.

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #71 on: May 3, 2012, 06:44:02 pm »
The brilliance of this show is so underrated. Jean-Ralphio, Perd Hapley, and Louis CK's Dave are three of the greatest recurring characters I've ever seen. The entire town of Pawnee just cracks me up. I love this show. Everyone should watch it.
Justice For The 96

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 3, 2012, 06:57:31 pm »
Yeah, I couldn't get into the first season but since season two it's been fantastic. Many great characters.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 3, 2012, 07:33:20 pm »
Yeah, I couldn't get into the first season but since season two it's been fantastic. Many great characters.

Same here, I couldn't get into it either, probably because there was so much focus on Leslie. But since they gave us so much more April and Ron and everyone else in subsequent seasons, it became the first thing on my Netflix queue.

Offline BRdispatch05

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 3, 2012, 07:53:11 pm »
Same here, I couldn't get into it either, probably because there was so much focus on Leslie. But since they gave us so much more April and Ron and everyone else in subsequent seasons, it became the first thing on my Netflix queue.

I think Leslie is hilarious, and April never really gets a laugh from me, but it took me about a season to become addicted too. Ron, Andy, Leslie, Chris, and that D-Bag Jean-Ralphio I think are the funniest in that order

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 3, 2012, 08:16:27 pm »
I don't watch April for the laughs ;)

Offline BRdispatch05

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 3, 2012, 09:20:38 pm »
I don't watch April for the laughs ;)

Haha, you should put that in the "women you find attractive but others don't thread"

Not saying she is ugly though

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #77 on: May 3, 2012, 10:11:49 pm »
Haha, you should put that in the "women you find attractive but others don't thread"

Not saying she is ugly though
Agreed x2

Its a hard one to recommend to people..."yes the 1st series is a bit shit, but plough through it as series 2 onwards is great"

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #78 on: May 3, 2012, 10:40:20 pm »
The first season was tough because they basically just tried to make it The Office 2.0 (or I guess 3.0). The showrunner comes from The Office (and actually plays a character on it), so you could see what they were trying to do. Once they realized that Leslie shouldn't be Michael Scott, though, the show took off and it hasn't looked back.

The Entertainment 720 storyline was pure gold. As were the Detlef Schrempf cameos.
Justice For The 96

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #79 on: May 3, 2012, 10:48:34 pm »
Yup.  As soon as they stopped trying to base the comedy within a 'realistic' version of the town, then they could expand what the characters could get up to within a more ridiculous Pawnee.