Author Topic: LYON away  (Read 18294 times)

Offline steelersmark

• is engaged to a girl from Firenze.... firenze forever? Facebook Whopper Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't go out tonight...
Re: LYON away
« Reply #120 on: November 7, 2009, 01:05:17 am »
Paddee mate, just read you thought Lyon was dead after 11. I really enjoyed it there, we found this boss Leffe Brew Pub that was open till 1 i think.

Nah, I really enjoyed Lyon, miles better than bloody Florence.
"Lads, we've all seen Airport, we know where this is going."

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #121 on: November 7, 2009, 07:22:18 am »
I really enjoyed Lyon, miles better than bloody Florence.

women weren't too bad either, model like some of them.
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 7, 2009, 09:40:55 am »
anyone on Crooks coach number 5 know how "fish" is ?

is mates was singin he was ded !!!
THUNDERBIRDS R GO
AMF

Offline AndoNagasaki

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • the devil makes good use for these hands of mine
« Reply #123 on: November 7, 2009, 12:14:31 pm »
I wasn't on that coach, but he's OK.
the trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 7, 2009, 12:43:23 pm »
I wasn't on that coach, but he's OK.

glad to hear it........he looked ok ish when he got on the bus, but fuck me he went down hill fast

Oooooooo Lucas Leiva you are the love of my life,
oooooooo Lucas Leiva, you can shag me wife,
oooooooo Lucas Leiva, i want curly hair too.
AMF

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: November 7, 2009, 12:50:47 pm »

is mates was singin he was ded !!!
THUNDERBIRDS R GO

Hehe, stupid french bizzie hats.

Offline steelersmark

• is engaged to a girl from Firenze.... firenze forever? Facebook Whopper Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: November 7, 2009, 02:26:11 pm »
women weren't too bad either, model like some of them.

Yeah, I was much happier about the birds this time!!

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #127 on: November 8, 2009, 03:17:26 pm »
this was a enlightening trip, waiting for 10/15 mins to leave the ground is not the end of the world so to the ones who thought it would be a laugh to try and storm ours and uefa's stewards blocking the exit was the stupidest thing i'd ever seen, it only took one person to kick off and the majority joined in.
Didn't see that at all, but I was shattered as we'd been travelling most of the day and was just happy to sit down for a few minutes after the game. :-\ Thought the Police and stewarding was fine.
anyone see that woman get carted out the ground in a neck brace after Babel scored? All sorts of carnage in our block, people ending up 3 or 4 rows below in a heap! Wondering how she is? looked in a bad way
That happened just by us as we were on the end of the row, although I didn't see anyone in a neck brace. Several people did go a fair way. I missed part of the celebrations as I was was trying to pull people back up, concerned about those at the bottom of the pile.
There was a Japanese woman underneath some big fellas but we saw her afterwards and she seemed ok.
And an older bloke who was fine once he'd got his breath back. ("I've survived Heysel and Hillsborough, it'll take more than this to get me!"  :D )
what ever happened to the call to arms and meeting at the place de terraux? lucky if there were 30 people.
There looked to be about a dozen when we got there - about 5-ish? Gave it a miss. I thought the atmosphere in our end was alright though, despite some early concerns...

« Last Edit: November 8, 2009, 03:51:30 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #128 on: November 8, 2009, 03:49:44 pm »
I thought the atmosphere in our end was alright though, despite some early concerns...

a picture was painted on the way to the ground but all changed after about an hour in the ground (we were a tad early by mistake) i saw my first two Wanker Hats and a st georges flag on a euro way and i'm told there's been loads lately but wherever i've been i've never seen em??

i think i had my best nights sleep in Lyon even though our 'hotel' was the pits but god my bed was comfy

www.misternobody.co.uk

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2010, 11:21:17 am »
Sorry to bump this thread but I am trying to get to Lyon for a wedding near the end of this month, travelling from Liverpool.

Anyone who has been which is the easiest and quickest way to get there, without costing the world?

Cheers

Gareth

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2010, 11:27:36 am »
Not sure if it's the cheapest at the moment, all depends on current costs, but we flew with Easyjet to Paris, got the RER across from Gare du Nord to Gare de Lyon and the TGV from there. Thoroughly enjoyable all the way and would do it again. It cost us around £120 each.

Started out from Speke at 0725, got to Lyon around 3pm, and that was allowing for loads of reds going through passport control at CDG which slowed things down a bit - and a trip to the supermarket for drinks in Paris between stations!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:29:19 am by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2010, 11:36:22 am »
fly to geneva, ryanair/easyjet then train from there
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2010, 11:51:40 am »
we drove due to the prices at the time and did it in 9hrs, should of only taken 7hrs 30 but that was my fault.

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline steelersmark

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2010, 04:20:37 pm »
Sorry to bump this thread but I am trying to get to Lyon for a wedding near the end of this month, travelling from Liverpool.

Anyone who has been which is the easiest and quickest way to get there, without costing the world?

Cheers

Gareth

The most enjoyable way is to train it, Limey to Euston, St Pancras to Lille, Lille to Lyon. Might not be what you're looking for, but it's what we did and loved it.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2010, 05:00:23 pm »
fly to geneva, ryanair/easyjet then train from there

If you go this way, book the train in advance, dead expensive otherwise.
hi

Online wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2010, 06:43:33 pm »
we flew to geneva from liverpool and hired a car. around a £100 for the car so depends how many of you are going..

if you decide on a car make sure you pick it up on the swiss side as it really hard to find the french entrance.