Author Topic: Hamburg  (Read 47711 times)

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Hamburg
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2010, 09:04:33 am »
i found the €88 return on www.bahn.de but i've just had another look and it seems to be down to €68. that price is for leaving berlin on the afternoon of 11th may and returning from hamburg on friday 14th may.

its classed as 'savings fares' instead of standard fares and i think you can only travel at the time you have selected. that might be a pain in the arse if your flight gets delayed.
Thanks I was looking at departure on 12th and return on 13th, hence the price difference.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2010, 02:10:17 pm »
Thanks I was looking at departure on 12th and return on 13th, hence the price difference.
There is some sort of offer if you book return tickets with fixed trains some time in advance. Need to have at least 3 days in between them i think. And there's a bigger reduction if there's a weekend between going there and coming back. Tickets are very limited though, so book very early to get them.

Also, there are reductions for group tickets. Defo worth looking at if there's a larger group traveling.  ("Group" travel means 6 people or more for proper group reductions. But i think (haven't looked it up) there's some sort of option for reduced prices if you get one of the advanced booking offer mentioned above.)

Or take local trains, and buy "Lander-Tickets". Wouldn't advise to do this from Berlin though, the trains times are a nightmare and the journey takes over 6 hours.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline pompeyred

• lock up your bins
  • Anny Roader
  • NO PEACE TILL JUSTICE IS DONE JUSTICE FOR THE 97
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2010, 03:55:42 pm »
Anyone looking for accomodation should look at the Meininger hostel:

http://www.meininger-hotels.com/

It's also only about three stops from the Nordbank I think.

booked for 4 of us, driving from pompey so got book ferry or tunnel now, will be madness trying to book tues on ferry or tunnel if fulham are our opponents, but then maybe they wont take that many fans,
SOS Member #6283

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2010, 08:31:11 pm »

booked for 4 of us, driving from pompey so got book ferry or tunnel now, will be madness trying to book tues on ferry or tunnel if fulham are our opponents, but then maybe they wont take that many fans,
It will be Fulham's first ever European final they will take loads I am sure.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2010, 02:30:59 am »
Of course they will, they've got an incredible away fanbase.
hi

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2010, 10:11:53 am »
We are doing Doncaster to Amsterdam at 50 quid return with easyjet.  Out Tuesday back Thursday.  We are planning to get a hire car from Amsterdam to Hamburg but someone has said the hire car company might be a bit iffy about taking the car across the border.  Anyone any idea if they would let us?

Cheers.

A load of us did the same for the world cup in 2006. Absolute piece of piss it was. No issues crossing the border, it was a case of 'we're now in Germany' no border stops/passport checks etc.

Offline redpirate

• Say hello to my little brain.....Be quick though, it's shrinking quicker than a polar ice cap.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2010, 10:44:26 am »
Of course they will, they've got an incredible away fanbase.

If that's true how come they only managed to bring about 1,000 to Anfield last week?

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2010, 10:57:05 am »
If that's true how come they only managed to bring about 1,000 to Anfield last week?

I think he was being sarcastic. Their average home attendance is around 24k so they will receive over half of that in tickets where they to get to the final.
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2010, 11:33:15 am »
A load of us did the same for the world cup in 2006. Absolute piece of piss it was. No issues crossing the border, it was a case of 'we're now in Germany' no border stops/passport checks etc.
The problem isn't the border, the problem is losing your insurance if you take it despite them saying no.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2010, 11:38:01 am »
will Thomas Cook do another day trip IF we get there?
+61 ticket exchange

Offline Meako1977

• Legacy Fan
  • King of the Kop
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2010, 12:55:05 pm »
I think he was being sarcastic. Their average home attendance is around 24k so they will receive over half of that in tickets where they to get to the final.

Only club I have seen advertising two-4-one tickets on voucher codes websites!! I still imagine they will easily sell out their allocation but hopefully this will mean there will be loads of tickets on sale in Hamburg if the local team dont get though.
Born in Liverpool, raised a red, lived as a red and will die as a red. YNWA

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2010, 02:05:10 pm »

Yep, but will cost at least double the price of a normal trip.

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2010, 02:15:58 pm »
Loads will put on buses/coaches down there so it shouldn't be a problem!
+61 ticket exchange

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2010, 09:30:29 pm »

You can sign up to pre info about their packages for the final off there website :) Will there be coaches from all over UK? or just Liverpool? As i will be down in Plymouth at uni :(

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2010, 10:16:18 am »
Anyone know of cheap car hire firms abroad.  I can fly to Holland for next to nothing but I'd be charged about £110 for a 2 day hire car charge.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2010, 10:21:55 am »
Anyone know of cheap car hire firms abroad.  I can fly to Holland for next to nothing but I'd be charged about £110 for a 2 day hire car charge.

There are a number of comparison sites but I don't think what you've been quoted is awful.  When I looked, the cheapest on the comparison site was £106 from 3pm Tuesday to 9pm Thursday.
Long live the King

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2010, 01:54:49 pm »
There are a number of comparison sites but I don't think what you've been quoted is awful.  When I looked, the cheapest on the comparison site was £106 from 3pm Tuesday to 9pm Thursday.

I looked at that option, but thats for a tiny motor. Will be more cost effective to rent a decent sized motor (Vectra at £200) and split the cost between 4 or 5. If there's enough willing to do it, it shouldn't be too hard to organise.
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2010, 03:31:29 pm »
I looked at that option, but thats for a tiny motor. Will be more cost effective to rent a decent sized motor (Vectra at £200) and split the cost between 4 or 5. If there's enough willing to do it, it shouldn't be too hard to organise.

£106 was for a Polo / Clio.  Four of us flying into Berlin so it's only a few hours drive.  Wouldn't be too uncomfortable in a car that size.
Long live the King

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2010, 04:51:06 pm »

Just booked a Mondeo at Amsterdam airport for about  £160 ( between 4 of us ) with an additional driver and no excess  - a Focus was 135 - free cancellation up to 2 days before so nothing to lose

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2010, 05:05:12 pm »
Just booked a Mondeo at Amsterdam airport for about  £160 ( between 4 of us ) with an additional driver and no excess  - a Focus was 135 - free cancellation up to 2 days before so nothing to lose

Thats interesting. Is that 2 days from Schipol? I looked at 9am on th eWednesday to late evening on the thursday. May just drive straight from here.
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2010, 06:29:28 pm »
Thats interesting. Is that 2 days from Schipol? I looked at 9am on th eWednesday to late evening on the thursday. May just drive straight from here.
Yes from Schipol - 3 days - 9am tues to 9pm thurs .  About 4.5 hrs drive + stops - which is actually quicker than the train

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2010, 07:10:20 pm »
£106 was for a Polo / Clio.  Four of us flying into Berlin so it's only a few hours drive.  Wouldn't be too uncomfortable in a car that size.

Erm, the train's far, far cheaper.
hi

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2010, 07:40:37 pm »

train from amsterdam was about 90 Euros each and then involved long waits at the airport - car is cheaper and more flexible

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2010, 07:51:07 pm »

who was that with mate?

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2010, 12:51:53 pm »

£106 plus petrol between four will be about £40 each.

The trains from Berlin to Hamburg are at least double that (return).
Long live the King

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2010, 04:29:54 pm »
That looks a decent deal to me mate.

Offline david25113051

• Main Stander
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2010, 10:18:44 pm »
does any one know how much train from berlin-hamburg is

Offline david25113051

• Main Stander
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2010, 10:50:04 pm »
expensive 29 euro each way if i read it correct

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2010, 12:15:58 am »
expensive 29 euro each way if i read it correct
You probably don't. It's 70 euros one way standard price (140 return). There are special offers for 29 euros, but they're limited and usually booked out way in advance.

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2010, 09:17:00 am »
Ticket landed this morning :) Now lets hope we get there!

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2010, 09:23:42 am »
Not the one I gave out to you, which was pretty generous of me seeing as I dont't know you and some of our lads weren't even booked on them yet. Clearly weren't good enough for you though, not even to get a "thanks but...".

I've just read this.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2010, 09:28:30 am »

same, these are in section 8a.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2010, 09:31:20 am »

Did the couriers call, mate? Or did they just ring the doorbell?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2010, 09:37:31 am »
same, these are in section 8a.
What Cat did you do for that ticket mate? Cat A/B?

Did the couriers call, mate? Or did they just ring the doorbell?

Postman just rang door bell requires signiture mate

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2010, 09:51:00 am »
Cat 3 it says on the invoice.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2010, 10:02:09 am »
Had mine as well. postie just put it through the letterbox, didn't hear him knock. :)

it has t&c on it, so here's some more info:

TRAVEL
Travel with in Hamburg's local transport area (HVV) is included on match day. This isn't very far and does not include travel to Bremen, Hannover, or Berlin. It is ok for travel from the station etc to the ground though. More info on local transport here.

NAMES / PASSPORT NUMBERS
The ticket has both. The name is on the ticket, the passport number is the last bit of the bar code number.

SHIFTING TICKETS:
This is ok, as long as you: don't auction (ebay !) it off, don't sell it to 'professional sellers' and as long as you don't demand more than face value.

SEATING  within the ground:
Hamburg's home end (their 'Kop') is the north stand. Block 8 is usually the family block! ;D

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2010, 10:07:08 am »
Had mine as well. postie just put it through the letterbox, didn't hear him knock. :)

it has t&c on it, so here's some more info:

TRAVEL
Travel with in Hamburg's local transport area (HVV) is included on match day. This isn't very far and does not include travel to Bremen, Hannover, or Berlin. It is ok for travel from the station etc to the ground though. More info on local transport here.

NAMES / PASSPORT NUMBERS
The ticket has both. The name is on the ticket, the passport number is the last bit of the bar code number.

SHIFTING TICKETS:
This is ok, as long as you: don't auction (ebay !) it off, don't sell it to 'professional sellers' and as long as you don't demand more than face value.

SEATING  within the ground:
Hamburg's home end (their 'Kop') is the north stand. Block 8 is usually the family block! ;D

Block 8 family stand, how many other peoples tickets are in block 8 then? Everyone i have heard from (only like 6 LFC fans are in block 8 aswell)

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2010, 10:15:36 am »
Postman just rang door bell requires signiture mate

Cheers, looks like a lazy morning ;D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Jimmy Mullet

• Main Stander
« Reply #198 on: April 24, 2010, 01:29:34 pm »
Got mine (from the UEFA ballot) in the post this morning, also in Block 8a.
bottom of the pile

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2010, 09:52:08 am »
Got mine yesterday, 2 in 8a.