Author Topic: Hamburg  (Read 47709 times)

Offline Jimmy Mullet

• Main Stander
Re: Hamburg
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2010, 07:29:20 pm »
anyone remember how much it cost for the coach trip to Dortmund in 2001?
bottom of the pile

Offline pad-dock

• id-iot
  • Main Stander
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2010, 08:04:30 pm »
anyone remember how much it cost for the coach trip to Dortmund in 2001?

£ 60

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2010, 08:47:58 pm »
Anyone looking for accomodation should look at the Meininger hostel:

http://www.meininger-hotels.com/

It's also only about three stops from the Nordbank I think.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:51:46 pm by lachesis »

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2010, 10:24:17 pm »
BOOKED.
hi

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2010, 10:37:55 pm »
Can anyone PM me the cheapest known possible route please ?

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2010, 10:39:13 pm »
Can anyone PM me the cheapest known possible route please ?

I can tell you on here, walking to Hamburg would be the cheapest. Might take you a while mind.

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2010, 10:49:22 pm »
I can tell you on here, walking to Hamburg would be the cheapest. Might take you a while mind.

Always one isn't there ;)

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2010, 10:53:46 pm »
Always one isn't there ;)

:D Thank you, I'm here all week.

Offline Jimmy Mullet

• Main Stander
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2010, 11:57:03 pm »
£ 60

man, that's cheap. bit of a journey all the way there and back on a bus though
bottom of the pile

Offline Master ScouseKnee

• Kopite
  • Oh, the sun is on the Harbour
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2010, 12:08:00 pm »
|Id just like to say german trains are a fucking rip off
Bored of manufactured consent

Offline davebils

• Anny Roader
  • Live and Breathe L.F.C
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2010, 01:30:34 pm »
YNWA

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2010, 01:35:16 pm »
The cheapest flights that I have found from London are £113, if anyone has found anything cheaper please PM me.

Cheers

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2010, 01:48:20 pm »

its ridiculous. €88 for a return from berlin to hamburg. its only an hour and a half journey too.

the bus isn't much better, its €50 but takes 3 hours.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2010, 01:50:11 pm »
It'll be worth it once we're there.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2010, 02:04:26 pm »
its ridiculous. €88 for a return from berlin to hamburg. its only an hour and a half journey too.

Worth it though if your considering booking a trip to Berlin now.  A lot cheaper than flying to Hamburg and its a boss city.  You can get it booked for less than £50 and worry about the bus if we qualify.

Four of us booked to go and if we don't get through we'll just have two nights in Berlin.  If anyone stayed in the plus hostel in florence, there a plus hostel in Berlin with practically the same facilities.  If we go through, might just stay in Berlin on the Tuesday and make our way to Hamburg on Wednesday morning.
Long live the King

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2010, 04:21:37 pm »
Unless you've got a match ticket that is.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2010, 04:27:41 pm »
Unless you've got a match ticket that is.

Why do we get cheaper travel with ticket?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2010, 04:33:45 pm »
Why do we get cheaper travel with ticket?
Free travel!

Mentioned here in the first paragraph(worth a full read in all honesty) http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=256368.0

And I've used my match ticket a few times to travel on the train when in Germany.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2010, 05:02:58 pm »
Anyone fancy PMing us a decent cheap flight option?

Ta in advance la's
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2010, 06:00:17 pm »
Free travel!

Mentioned here in the first paragraph(worth a full read in all honesty) http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=256368.0

And I've used my match ticket a few times to travel on the train when in Germany.
AFAIK its usually only local transport, to and from the match. similarish to getting a saveaway with your ticket. Really doubt you'd get free travel from say, Berlin to Hamburg. Might depend on the place though, sometimes "local" can mean two hours on local trains.

The 88 euros quoted above seem cheap though, must be some sort of discount / group travel option. Full price return is 140 euros.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Hulting

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2010, 06:02:40 pm »

typical germans!

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2010, 06:12:34 pm »

I have been on the Bahn site and the trains are 70euros one way from Berlin to Hamburg, where did you see a return for 88Euros. Please PM cheers

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2010, 06:30:06 pm »
AFAIK its usually only local transport, to and from the match. similarish to getting a saveaway with your ticket. Really doubt you'd get free travel from say, Berlin to Hamburg. Might depend on the place though, sometimes "local" can mean two hours on local trains.

Within reason of course. I'd say you are right about the two hour(100Km mark) though. Where I'm staying in Germany it'll be free (about an hour away) :)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2010, 06:33:33 pm »
Within reason of course. I'd say you are right about the two hour(100Km mark) though. Where I'm staying in Germany it'll be free (about an hour away) :)
Does it say somewhere what/if travel is included? Will have to look into that, not staying that far away myself. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2010, 06:39:17 pm »
Does it say somewhere what/if travel is included? Will have to look into that, not staying that far away myself. :)
When I've been on their rail system I've just shown my match ticket and everything's been fine. I'd imagine if you went onto one of there travel websites it should tell you. The furthest I've been was when we played Alaves and we stayed in Essen and that was about an hour+ away.

Try here for Info http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml if you haven't already, not sure if they have that type of info though.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2010, 06:50:20 pm »
1spec on flight remaining, thought I'd cracked it then. Shite
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 06:53:04 pm by It's Jimmy Corkhill »
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2010, 06:53:46 pm »
When I've been on their rail system I've just shown my match ticket and everything's been fine. I'd imagine if you went onto one of there travel websites it should tell you. The furthest I've been was when we played Alaves and we stayed in Essen and that was about an hour+ away.

Try here for Info http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml if you haven't already, not sure if they have that type of info though.
Cheers, think they don't have that info yet - will probably come with the ticket.

Only know tickets that are valid for travel to and from the match within the area covered by  the local travel organisation. For Hamburg the local travel organisation is the HVV and they really don't cover that much. Might be totally different with this being a Uefa Cup final though!

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2010, 07:05:50 pm »
My mrs said I can't go because we won't have the dough and we need to save my holidays for the summer

If anyones interested, I'll be driving from Cambridge to Folkestone to catch the eurotunnel on the 11th, then driving from calais, spending the night at the Ibis near eindhoven. Doing the last 3 hours driving the morning of the match. Driving back wweds night/thursday.

There may be a spare seat in the car.
The eurotunnel is far cheaper than ferry and a lot quicker too.
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2010, 07:18:19 pm »
I have been on the Bahn site and the trains are 70euros one way from Berlin to Hamburg, where did you see a return for 88Euros. Please PM cheers

i found the €88 return on www.bahn.de but i've just had another look and it seems to be down to €68. that price is for leaving berlin on the afternoon of 11th may and returning from hamburg on friday 14th may.

its classed as 'savings fares' instead of standard fares and i think you can only travel at the time you have selected. that might be a pain in the arse if your flight gets delayed.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2010, 07:36:23 pm »
The eurotunnel is far cheaper than ferry and a lot quicker too.

oh i concur ;D

my ferry is half the price of the euro tunnel i just looked at :wave
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2010, 08:16:05 pm »
I think if you get a ticket covering four people you get soem sort of discount fare as well

Offline Jimmy Mullet

• Main Stander
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2010, 09:21:30 pm »
I remember that for the Dortmund final that your match ticket was valid for travel on the local trains (S-Bahn, U-Bahn), for travel to the Stadium from the city or anywhere in the regional network.

Don't think it would cover a Berlin to Hamburg journey.
bottom of the pile

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2010, 10:34:42 pm »
oh i concur ;D

my ferry is half the price of the euro tunnel i just looked at :wave

:o :o How the fuck did you get a return car ferry for £24
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2010, 11:32:06 pm »
:o :o How the fuck did you get a return car ferry for £24

howdy doody! the price i was given was twice the amount you got it for i guess on that post ;D, probably don't help much ferries and trains are getting booked like nobody's business now!
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2010, 09:46:12 am »
We are doing Doncaster to Amsterdam at 50 quid return with easyjet.  Out Tuesday back Thursday.  We are planning to get a hire car from Amsterdam to Hamburg but someone has said the hire car company might be a bit iffy about taking the car across the border.  Anyone any idea if they would let us?

Cheers.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2010, 10:30:13 am »
We are doing Doncaster to Amsterdam at 50 quid return with easyjet.  Out Tuesday back Thursday.  We are planning to get a hire car from Amsterdam to Hamburg but someone has said the hire car company might be a bit iffy about taking the car across the border.  Anyone any idea if they would let us?

Cheers.

Theres no problems mate, we drove from the Dam to Essen in Germany for the Alaves game. Autobahns and bags of white widow. Immaculate.

Offline lfc_rhcp

• Anny Roader
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2010, 11:19:38 am »
is anyone doing the eurostar from London to Hamburg, i think its around £100 return takes 11 hours to get there, just seeing if anyone has booked it as im thinking of doing it but would probably fuck it up as theres two changes involved i think

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2010, 11:53:38 am »
is anyone doing the eurostar from London to Hamburg, i think its around £100 return takes 11 hours to get there, just seeing if anyone has booked it as im thinking of doing it but would probably fuck it up as theres two changes involved i think

I looked at eurostar to brussels then change but for the journey time, hassle and price it was easier to get a flight from Gatwick and stay in cheap accom

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2010, 12:12:02 pm »

Tried that first but it worked out over £160 each way, bit of a rip-off

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2010, 10:39:44 pm »
Havn't booked flights or ferry yet leaving that till after Thursday. Booked Hotel though as didn't have to put a deposit down. 79 euro between 4 of us, and it looks a good hotel as well.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"