Author Topic: The War In Afghanistan  (Read 87403 times)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: The War In Afghanistan
« Reply #1320 on: November 7, 2023, 03:43:41 pm »
Oh, I'd go further than that. Some of the Far Left approve of Assad, enjoyed the Taliban beating America and Britain, think of Iran as a friend. They are motivated primarily by anti-Americanism. This is surely well known.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1321 on: November 7, 2023, 03:44:41 pm »
Let's not beat around the bush. Europeans hate Jews, always have, always will. My grandfather who survived the holocaust always said Europeans are born with it in their blood, but I never believed him until this past month. Now that there are a shit ton of Muslims living in Europe, it's even worse for Jews.
That's why no one in the west cares about Muslim on Muslim violence, it's quite clear.  :)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1322 on: November 7, 2023, 03:59:40 pm »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1323 on: November 7, 2023, 04:01:54 pm »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1324 on: November 7, 2023, 04:10:11 pm »
so I take it you guys are just baiting then? Honestly, what's the point? Just gonna get this board closed down

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1325 on: November 7, 2023, 04:14:03 pm »
so I take it you guys are just baiting then? Honestly, what's the point? Just gonna get this board closed down

:o

Mine was signifying that the blue touchpaper had been lit (by a whiny, generalising, inflammatory post), nothing more.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: November 7, 2023, 04:14:16 pm »

I dont think the blame lies with these two

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1327 on: November 7, 2023, 04:18:26 pm »
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1328 on: November 7, 2023, 04:19:46 pm »
Mine was signifying that the blue touchpaper had been lit (by a whiny, generalising, inflammatory post), nothing more.
yeah, you're not goading or baiting at all here are you..

what a charming way to describe someone discussing their concerns about antisemitism - shocked to see it from you in particular, shocked

I dont think the blame lies with these two
the delight on Nobby's part to be able to say something so snide, while hiding it behind his 'who me' act, couldn't have been more palpable mate.

and yeah, Red-Soldier wasn't the cause - just revelling in it afterwards.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2023, 04:21:57 pm by classycarra »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1329 on: November 7, 2023, 04:27:00 pm »
Now weve cleared RS - I dont think Nobby was being snide either
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: November 7, 2023, 04:28:32 pm »
yeah, you're not goading or baiting at all here are you..

what a charming way to describe someone discussing their concerns about antisemitism - shocked to see it from you in particular, shocked
the delight on Nobby's part to be able to say something so snide, while hiding it behind his 'who me' act, couldn't have been more palpable mate.

and yeah, Red-Soldier wasn't the cause - just revelling in it afterwards.

Yawn

It was everything I described, particularly generalising ("Europeans hate Jews, always have, always will") and inflammatory.

If such a sweeping generalisation was made relating to any other group, your supercilious self would be the first to call foul for ridiculous generalising.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1332 on: November 7, 2023, 04:34:31 pm »

Yawn

It was everything I described, particularly generalising ("Europeans hate Jews, always have, always will") and inflammatory.

If such a sweeping generalisation was made relating to any other group, your supercilious self would be the first to call foul for ridiculous generalising.

your posts to me here a few years ago were outright honest and direct that you can't bring yourself to care about antisemitism when you're confronted with it. You don't need to inflict those views on us again now, the point was taken

Can you just do us the favour of leaving this thread to be used to discuss Afghanistan, instead of seemingly campaigning to get it locked?

EDIT: Since you're pretending to have been misrepresented, here's your own words (won't bother continuing down the path of replying to your posts, so you can get the outcome you want) https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=343874.msg16879308#msg16879308
« Last Edit: November 7, 2023, 05:19:23 pm by classycarra »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1333 on: November 7, 2023, 04:38:35 pm »
your posts to me here a few years ago were outright honest and direct that you can't bring yourself to care about antisemitism when you're confronted with it. You don't need to inflict those views on us again now, the point was taken

Can you just do us the favour of leaving this thread to be used to discuss Afghanistan, instead of seemingly campaigning to get it locked?

Or you could just ignore his posts, especially if it's been going on a few years  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: November 7, 2023, 04:42:05 pm »
Let's not beat around the bush. Europeans hate Jews, always have, always will. My grandfather who survived the holocaust always said Europeans are born with it in their blood, but I never believed him until this past month. Now that there are a shit ton of Muslims living in Europe, it's even worse for Jews.
That's why no one in the west cares about Muslim on Muslim violence, it's quite clear.  :)

There certainly does seem to have to be Jews involved before people do care. I've long said that, as Nobby acknowledges. I used to mention - and still do! - the Palestine suburb of Yarmouk outside Damascus which was destroyed and starved by Assad's forces in the early part of the ongoing Syrian civil war. No one cared in the West. There was not a single demonstration on their behalf I believe. Not in London anyway. If anything 'Stop the War' liked Assad and supported his war against the civilian population of Syria.

There is a serious recrudescence of anti-semtitism too in Western Europe, that's clear. It has been clear for some time, but it becomes especially clear when Hamas and the Israeli government come to blows and European synagogues, Jewish schools, Jewish businesses suffer attack from anti-semites.  It's even happened in America this time. Hitler gave anti-semitism a very bad name and therefore - apart from some Hitler nuts on the Far Right - most anti-semites now prefer to call themselves something else. That's progress of a kind, I suppose. But the thing is still there. Check Roger Waters today (or yesterday, I'm not sure). Shudder.

I think you're being too bleak though Red Guy. Jew-hatred does not come with "the blood", European or otherwise. It's taught and learnt. It comes with ideology and religion. Perversions of both, maybe (maybe not). And it's still a minority sport, thankfully.

As for Afghanistan and the removal of over a million refugees from Pakistan into the hands of the vicious Taliban, I really don't expect any demonstrations. I hope Kenny's Jacket is right and people are gearing up for the big one in Trafalgar Square or outside the Pakistani embassy. But I think he's being over-optimistic. 

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: November 7, 2023, 04:58:38 pm »
your posts to me here a few years ago were outright honest and direct that you can't bring yourself to care about antisemitism when you're confronted with it.

IIRC, my point was more that some of what was deemed 'anti-Semitism' ('tropes' and 'holding Israel to higher standards than some other countries') was overly oppressive and draconian. And that the anti-Semitism used against Corbyn was blown out of all proportion.

Don't try to misrepresent me.

::)

Yeah, that's just what I'm doing. Think you need to look in another direction for that.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: November 7, 2023, 05:02:03 pm »
« Last Edit: November 7, 2023, 05:11:31 pm by Kenny's Jacket »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: November 7, 2023, 06:16:30 pm »
The Guardian has now mentioned the catastrophe.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/06/the-guardian-view-on-pakistans-expulsion-of-afghans-dont-send-them-back-to-the-taliban

But where is the international community? Where is the sense of outrage? Where are the protests on the streets on New York, London, Paris, Cairo? Is it because Muslims don't count?
And there it is.

I thought it a bit strange how you were worried about these refugees but gave less than a sweet fuck all about what was about to happen to those that we're not allowed to speak about.
What did you mean by "Is it that Muslims don't count" ?
There are implied words arising from contest (which includes the identity of the speaker/author). Or as it termed in linguistics, 'pragmatics'. We all rely make use of pragmatic language all the time. It saves time and keeps discourse interesting. The text, with the added implied bit (which you really should have gotten from context):
But where is the international community? Where is the sense of outrage? Where are the protests on the streets on New York, London, Paris, Cairo? Is it because Muslims don't count [for many people]?
Yorkykopite was not stating he thinks that Muslims do not count. Only that they they do not count for a lot of people and this might explain the lack of news reports.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: November 7, 2023, 07:03:27 pm »
Its always the abrahamic death cults in end.

Who's prophet is best
who's book of fairy tales is the one true tome of ultimate bullshit.
Who's can get the most followers into their super pious friends club.
Who killed who's prophet.
Who's the most pray-hard.
And in all versions they are happily worshipping the biggest fucking narcissist ever invented.
A petty petulant vengeful being who makes Trump look stable.

Fucking state of it.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: November 7, 2023, 07:47:19 pm »

Who's prophet is best
And in all versions they are happily worshipping the biggest fucking narcissist ever invented.

Fucking state of it.
I'm also no fan of any religion, but I think it's noteworthy that what's happening in Pakistan and Afghanistan is not motivated by religion. There are obviously religious minorities involved in the displacement Pakistan are enacting, but both countries are very heavily majority islamic populations (over 85/90%). Obviously it's very common for very heated disagreement between different sects of islam but in this case they're also predominantly the same sect (Sunni) too, so there's no question of this being a 'our god vs your god' issue

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: November 7, 2023, 07:49:23 pm »

Who's prophet is best

Fucking state of it.

:thumbup

I made the point previously that the vast majority of Palestinian Arabs, and Jews that fled during Diasporas have a shared DNA and ancestry. It's been suggested that the more wealthy and pious Jews fled numerous occupations - especially following the Islamic conquest -whereas the poorer and less religious stayed, assimilating into the new culture and swapping their sky fairy.

I find that mind-blowing.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1341 on: November 7, 2023, 09:01:11 pm »
And there we go. Locked.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: November 8, 2023, 06:58:11 am »
Yorky won't be able to reply given that the usual suspect gets a thread locked but I just wanted to point out Jiminy is right with his interpretation of what Yorky meant about marching, I'm at a loss how WAP and Nobby interpreted it the exact opposite.