Author Topic: The I'm a fat bastard and trying to lose weight thread aka JoeyC's skiving zone  (Read 480940 times)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: The I'm a fat bastard and trying to lose weight thread aka JoeyC's skiving zone
« Reply #5760 on: September 14, 2017, 09:02:28 pm »
I just can't get enough of it at the minute.

Just wrap it in some foil and put it in the oven for 35-40 minutes so there are some black bits :D
There's no downside to eating corn, whatever you've read or been told. I know people say it's full of sugar, that wrong, I think it has less sugar than an apple, and it's also full of antioxidants. I like corn..on the ear though gotta be fulla butter.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: The I'm a fat bastard and trying to lose weight thread aka JoeyC's skiving zone
« Reply #5761 on: September 14, 2017, 09:18:28 pm »
If you're active enough you can eat whatever you want...whatever.
fallen into that trap before. Have to be running marathons to eat what you want.

A remark was made at me and I used it to go nuts today. 1400 calories in gym. About 300 burned walking on lunch. Feel good
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #5762 on: September 14, 2017, 09:47:13 pm »
fallen into that trap before. Have to be running marathons to eat what you want.

A remark was made at me and I used it to go nuts today. 1400 calories in gym. About 300 burned walking on lunch. Feel good
I eat whatever I want whenever I want....I'm more active than most though. I did 11 hours cardio the other day.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5763 on: September 14, 2017, 09:52:48 pm »
I eat whatever I want whenever I want....I'm more active than most though. I did 11 hours cardio the other day.
11 hours???? Are you serious?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #5764 on: September 14, 2017, 09:57:05 pm »
It was actually Cannoli's we'd brought back from San Remo...six I ate....greedy fucka, that I am. ;D

I'm in Southwest France, J. I did do a 100 miles..we both know that's easy enough...I climbed over 26000 feet according to my computer. and in the end I had to be picked up Pab in the car as it was dark ;D...I've been sat by the pool in the gaff we're in unable to move at all....dehydrated and burnt to a crisp. ;D It was a good day.
Cyclists do it longer than everyone else...all wives know that. ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #5766 on: September 14, 2017, 10:01:26 pm »
He is. ;D
And as we both know....11 hours isn't overly long.

For those of you who might not know redbyrdz is a serious cyclist...who rode from Liverpool to Hornsea a bit back...and then home the next day...

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5767 on: September 14, 2017, 10:36:26 pm »
Cyclists do it longer than everyone else...all wives know that. ;D
haha fair play

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5768 on: September 20, 2017, 09:42:48 pm »

Dave does that much cardio, but he's hardly ever serious ;D
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Oh man...!

I hurt my heel/Achilles back in August. I went from doing zero exercise to exercising 10 times per week - went to the gym some lunchtimes, then played football for a team and did Parkrun on a Saturday and running a few nights in between. I was out for a run and about 7k in felt my heel so jogged back and for about a week after that, I couldn't put any weight on my foot. My achilles didn't snap - I did go to the doctor.

Since then, I've built myself back up - playing football Tuesday, Wednesday and Sundays and now I've joined a netball team on a Monday night, but I still feel my heel hurting from time to time.

However, I feel since August my fitness has gone downhill and I don't know how to build it back up when my heel hurts after exercising.

Thankfully, I haven't put on any weight whilst not exercising but I want to get back into exercising but don't know how to build my fitness up without being too intense and keeping my other activities going.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Weight still on. Went the gym once in October and three times in December. Baby was born in November so I was flat out before and after

But my brother in law has decided to bet 100 quid that he can lose more weight than me by June 9 (both at 50th next day)

Winner wins 100 quid. Most percentage body weight.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
2017 was an awful year for me weight wise. I need batteries for the scales so I've managed to avoid them, but the belly and clothes that no longer fit tell me all I need to know.

Finally switching to a mediterranean diet as advise by the nurse, so I bought a massive amount of healthy food on Tuesday, loads of fruit, veg, salmon, prawns, chicken etc. I've cut out the coffee machine at work and switched to green tea and fruit teas, I was getting 600-800 calories a day from coffee!!!! Off to Tenerife in 2 weeks, so hoping to lose some flab before we go and will be walking a lot while I'm away.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
how much coffee were you drinking? or was it stuff like mocha and cappuccino? that seems very very high for coffee

i know what you mean about clothes. looking in my wardrobe is depressing.

i rejoined a gym close to my job which will make it handy for me to train. its hard to get back out training at night when i have a long commute home from work, its practically impossible now with a baby

i rejoined yesterday but whatever way my car seat is its playing havoc with my back. ill go today and get back to a daily gym routine

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah don't feel like you aren't able to have a coffee if you want one. Especially if it helps stop you feeling shit, and helps motivate you to exercise and have the energy to cook better especially.

A black americano is almost no calories - and you can add low fat milk if you want. Just don't drink lattes cappucinos etc. Also don't order any coffees 'large'

If it's something you enjoy, just don't cut it out entirely. That's setting yourself a really difficult task, and not managing to keep to it might discourage you. Not to mention it's good to retain some joy in what you are eating and drinking
« Last Edit: January 4, 2018, 11:18:01 am by Classycara »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Went from a low of 173 last year to 192 when I stepped on the scales new years day. So stressed at work that I just didn't stop eating and did stop exercising as I chose another late night at the office over going to the gym.

Here we go again then.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
how much coffee were you drinking? or was it stuff like mocha and cappuccino? that seems very very high for coffee

i know what you mean about clothes. looking in my wardrobe is depressing.

i rejoined a gym close to my job which will make it handy for me to train. its hard to get back out training at night when i have a long commute home from work, its practically impossible now with a baby

i rejoined yesterday but whatever way my car seat is its playing havoc with my back. ill go today and get back to a daily gym routine

Far too many is the answer. I had a look on myfitnesspal and a vending machine white coffee comes out about 36-40 calories. I was chucking 2 in a mug and drinking between 8 and 10 mugs - one of which would be a latte. I tried black coffee but got fed up of it. I now have a coffee and tea before work, I'm up with the wife just after 6 and don't take the kids to school until 20 to 9, then its just the green teas etc - I'm enjoying them so far to be honest.

Kids are a killer, I still can't find time to go the gym as I want to spend time with them. When they were little we'd throw them in the pram and go for a 3 mile walk, now I go with them while they hunt Pokemon on my phone, get an hours walk and spend time with them too.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Moved in with my girlfriend in September, having reached my lowest ever weight of 70kg.

3 and a half months later, I'm 84kg.

I have been working out and I do look more muscular, but it's physically impossible to gain 14kg of muscle in 3 and a half months ;D I'm guessing about 2kg is muscle, the rest is fat/water weight from too much carb-type food. Need to get back down to around 74 and re-evaluate. Too puffy right now, despite people telling me it seems like I don't have much fat on me, I can feel myself a lot more jiggly.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Far too many is the answer. I had a look on myfitnesspal and a vending machine white coffee comes out about 36-40 calories. I was chucking 2 in a mug and drinking between 8 and 10 mugs - one of which would be a latte. I tried black coffee but got fed up of it. I now have a coffee and tea before work, I'm up with the wife just after 6 and don't take the kids to school until 20 to 9, then its just the green teas etc - I'm enjoying them so far to be honest.

Kids are a killer, I still can't find time to go the gym as I want to spend time with them. When they were little we'd throw them in the pram and go for a 3 mile walk, now I go with them while they hunt Pokemon on my phone, get an hours walk and spend time with them too.
well i shouldnt use the baby as an excuse as im over the moon with him

but i can still workout at lunch time with the gym so handy to work

i went at lunch there, rather underwhelming that the step machine i got so fond of recently is moved from there. but they have a cool new treadmill where you can see a video and act like you are running out door.

burned 500-600 calories. carrying too much but its a start and by the end i felt better

they still do spinning which is half an hour of just going all hands to the pump so that will return next week
Moved in with my girlfriend in September, having reached my lowest ever weight of 70kg.

3 and a half months later, I'm 84kg.

I have been working out and I do look more muscular, but it's physically impossible to gain 14kg of muscle in 3 and a half months ;D I'm guessing about 2kg is muscle, the rest is fat/water weight from too much carb-type food. Need to get back down to around 74 and re-evaluate. Too puffy right now, despite people telling me it seems like I don't have much fat on me, I can feel myself a lot more jiggly.

i am not one to talk but that seems like an alarming amount of weight to put on in just over 3 months. good luck with your plan though
« Last Edit: January 4, 2018, 02:51:45 pm by Hello Santa, please not another razor gift set this year! »

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Change starts tomorrow for me, starting a new job which can be physical at times so can't be walking around looking like the Michelin man. Plus I've been getting some chest pains and getting seriously out of breath just going up the stairs.

How much water do you lot drink? What annoys me is people encouraging me to drinks loads of water but then saying that the weight I lose will be water weight. Sort of defeats the purpose no?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Change starts tomorrow for me, starting a new job which can be physical at times so can't be walking around looking like the Michelin man. Plus I've been getting some chest pains and getting seriously out of breath just going up the stairs.

How much water do you lot drink? What annoys me is people encouraging me to drinks loads of water but then saying that the weight I lose will be water weight. Sort of defeats the purpose no?

Belief is that you are holding extra water as weight, and drinking more water than usual will have a sort of diuretic effect...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
You'll need water to keep hydrated

I'd be going to a doctor if you have chest pains first though

Please do that first! I'd rather not tell a bad story here from a friends experience

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
Put 3lbs on over the Christmas so aiming to lose that in the next couple of weeks after losing 35lbs-ish throughout 2016. Planning another big solo trip from June so hoping to be in the best shape of my life by then, so could do with losing an additional 3-4lbs of fat after the initial 3lbs and then starting to work on weights.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Please go and see a doctor if you haven't already, especially if you are going to be more active!

As for water, I do drink over 2 ltrs a day, probably over 3ltrs most days. Work wanted to reduce the amount of water bottles around and paper cups used for water, so supplied re-fillable water bottles for everyone. Drinking 3 of them is over 2 ltrs per day and I would average 3-4. Then I tend to have one black coffee in the morning and a tea in the evening.

It seems so insignificant but I really think it helps so much - it has definitely helped me lost weight.

I don't wish to be smug but I actually lost weight over Christmas - 2lbs between Wednesday 20th Dec and Wednesday 3rd Jan and I attribute that partly to water. In the run up to Christmas I don't think I was drinking as much water, I was so busy with work, had so many nights and meals out and it definitely dipped, so I made a conscious effort over Christmas to keep up the 3ltrs. As well as getting rid of the toxins and the diuretic affect, I think it stops you snacking and overeating.

If I was going to offer any advice to anyone, it would always be to try and drink more water. It seems too simple and maybe sometimes feels like hard work but once you get into the routine of drinking it, your body craves it. You wake up in the morning and you want that bottle of cold water you've prepared the night before from the fridge.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2018, 01:37:58 pm by Ciara (with a capital "C") »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Put 3lbs on over the Christmas so aiming to lose that in the next couple of weeks after losing 35lbs-ish throughout 2016. Planning another big solo trip from June so hoping to be in the best shape of my life by then, so could do with losing an additional 3-4lbs of fat after the initial 3lbs and then starting to work on weights.

Great effort - that's a brilliant achievement!

Sometimes I feel when you have a holiday or a week of eating shite, a week of eating normally can help you lose more than what you put on. I have had instances where I've gone on holiday for a week, put on 3.5lbs and a week after returning and going back to normal, losing 4.5-5lbs. I think it's not a bad thing for your body to have a little shock like that.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan

Drink as much water as you can. It allows your body to flush out the toxins and also allows you to exercise as hard as you possibly can.

I drink between 2.5-3.5L a day.

It doesn't defeat the purpose mate. It sounds odd, but in order to be less bloated/lose water weight, you need more water. The more you remain hydrated, the less your body will cling on to the water it can. It's more scientific than that but water is essential - it's the one thing you can eat/drink which doesn't have calories and your body actually needs.

But honestly mate, you should see a doctor. Chest pains are something you don't take a risk with. NEVER.

i am not one to talk but that seems like an alarming amount of weight to put on in just over 3 months. good luck with your plan though

Absolutely mate, I was quite shocked too. Thing is, I got down to a very acceptable weight (probably actually too low), and wanted to put on muscle (as well as losing that last layer of fat obviously), so I invested in a weight gainer. Had 1 a day which adds around 500 calories, 45g of protein, 60g of carbs and 8g of fat. I guess that, plus my girlfriend's cooking (pasta, pasta and more pasta ;D) meant I shot right back up. Previously I'd been on a high protein (180g), low carb (100g/day), medium fat (50g/day) 'diet'. Kept to that for a year and dropped fuck loads of weight. My weight fluctuates massively day-to-day too, some days there'll be a 2-3kg difference between the previous day.

My aim is by 5th Feb - be able to see my top two abs clearly. 3 months later, hopefully be as shredded as I've ever been. I needed the muscle gain I've gotten in all honesty, aesthetically speaking as well as in terms of strength so I can work out even harder. Obviously, overall doing this for better health.

Good luck to you too mate.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Finally got some new batteries for my scales, 16st 13lbs this morning. Not as bad as expected but still bad, got a lot of work to do over the next few months, but determined to get myself sorted - target of 14st 10lb by May.

My younger brother had really let himself go, he'd hit 22 stone and was fucked, type 2 diabetes and knees knackered. He went to slimming world about September I think, keeps being slimmer of the week/month and has lost 3 stone. He looks great as well, lost all the puffiness off his face.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
And to you denzil

Great to read about your brother rob

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And to you denzil

Great to read about your brother rob

Cheers mate. The docs have cleared him of the type2 now as well. I was getting really worried about him as I could see him being dead by his mid 50's.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Scary

Need to keep at it all the time. Started gymming it again Thursday and Friday. Couldn't run much but got some miles in.

Back Has been in ribbons but last night I did the babies night feed. Woke up ok and the Mrs came out of spare room with her back in bits so my guess is that mattress is done.

Great to going again. This thread is great too

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
Well done to your brother, Rob. Takes serious balls to do something like that when you get that heavy. Good luck to you as well.

My sister's in a similar position right now, struggling to keep her weight down and it's progressively gotten worse over the last 5 years, I'm equally scared about her health too.

Down 0.5kg overnight, day one...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
First night back at football training tonight in 3 weeks...  :'( :'(

Really need to get my fitness back asap.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Does anyone here have / use a Fitbit?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Hi lads, used to do quite a bit of running, but I can't now as I have longitudinal years in my perneal tendon in my right ankle, so any sustained running has me in complete agony, over the last few years I've put on about a stone, so LONG STORY SHORT, I need a low impact means of exercise that isn't going to aggravate my ankle, loads have suggested swimming, but I'm not a great swimmer and I find it extremely dull too, so something other than swimming, ta lads.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hi lads, used to do quite a bit of running, but I can't now as I have longitudinal years in my perneal tendon in my right ankle, so any sustained running has me in complete agony, over the last few years I've put on about a stone, so LONG STORY SHORT, I need a low impact means of exercise that isn't going to aggravate my ankle, loads have suggested swimming, but I'm not a great swimmer and I find it extremely dull too, so something other than swimming, ta lads.

Cycling.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
Cycling.
Beat me to it.

Get your favourite music or podcast on and it's a blast!

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My stats for today.

It wasn't so much about distance today, I wanted to see how many times I could go up and down the 15 stairs in the house.

I managed 312 which wasn't too bad I suppose.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I do. But it's only a Flex so I get the barebones features and use it just to track steps as a result. I actually wear it on my ankle as I found it to be far more accurate that way. I once checked to see how many steps a food shop round the Asda was and realised hardly any had actually registered because my arm was being still pushing the trolley rather than swinging by my side or whatever. The same shopping trip the following week with the Fitbit now on my ankle instead counted nearly 3k more steps. It has been on the ankle ever since. It makes far more sense when you think about it.

Does look like I'm out of prison on tag though  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It is the Fitbit Charge 2 and appears to be working perfectly to me, so far   :)

I got the Fitbit January 12th, 2 weeks and 2 days ago but it was after 9pm by I got it set up and synched with my computer and phone and everything.

If I push myself I reckon I could do a million in a month and in fact I'm going to challenge myself to do just that, in a few months time.

I've never set foot in a Gym in my life, never needed to     :lickin

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
My stats for today.

It wasn't so much about distance today, I wanted to see how many times I could go up and down the 15 stairs in the house.

I managed 312 which wasn't too bad I suppose.
4000 + calories.......good lord

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
4000 + calories.......good lord
I put a lot of those calories back on today, trust me.     :)