Author Topic: Blue Cards and Sin Bins  (Read 4230 times)

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
Re: Blue Cards and Sin Bins
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2024, 01:44:56 pm »
Remember when players were carded for not have their shirt tucked into their shorts? Fucking mad.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2024, 02:19:30 pm »
Remember when players were carded for not have their shirt tucked into their shorts? Fucking mad.
I've yet to see a rational explanation for yellow cards for taking off your shirt to celebrate a goal.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2024, 03:09:10 pm »
They’ve always said it’s because of potential time wasting (because putting a football shirt on takes 15mins…

I’d imagine, because it came from fifa, the truth is down to sponsors wanting their logos visible in pics of the goal scorer.

Could be worse, in Saudi Arabia it could land you in jail. And anyone who films or photographs it can be prosecuted too. So, in that light, a yellow isn’t so bad.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2024, 05:47:41 pm »
They’ve always said it’s because of potential time wasting (because putting a football shirt on takes 15mins…
never heard that, and yes it's nonsense.

I’d imagine, because it came from fifa, the truth is down to sponsors wanting their logos visible in pics of the goal scorer.
that is exactly what I've been saying or years.  there is simply no other explanation.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2024, 07:25:59 pm »

Could be worse, in Saudi Arabia it could land you in jail. And anyone who films or photographs it can be prosecuted too. So, in that light, a yellow isn’t so bad.
Always reckoned its this. And I guess I can kinda see the sponsors point, if your sponsored team who you're paying millions and millions for exposure scores a last minute CL final goal and the iconic image that goes round the world forever after is of the player shirtless you'd be pretty pissed.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2024, 02:28:13 pm »
Fucking sin bins?  :lmao

Death by a thousand cuts inflicted by blind men flailing around with blunt swords

Pretty brutal to watch, I think I'd rather not
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 2, 2024, 07:12:19 pm »
The idea has been scrapped. No blue cards at elite-level.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”