Author Topic: The Sack Race  (Read 49956 times)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Sack Race
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2021, 11:42:43 am »
Arteta, then Rafa.
Everton bring Arteta back.
Mediocrity continues.

Does he get to spend the Arteta money?

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2021, 01:25:17 pm »
Viera.

Rafa won't see 2022 at Everton.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2021, 01:28:25 pm »
Lot of people writing Rafa off. Think he’ll do just about enough myself.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2021, 01:37:39 pm »

So many Everton fans can't wait to give him shit so unless he hits the ground running, that toxicity will just spread.

Luckily for Rafa, they've got an easy start on paper, not playing any of last season's top 6 until October. But then, there's expectation they'll win most of those games which brings its own peril.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2021, 03:07:14 pm »

Nobody is writing off Rafa, we're just too aware of how little leeway and time he'll be given by the Everton 'faithful'. He's probably going to have to maintain a top 6 position all season to stave off calls for his head.

Personally I think a Rafa - Arteta swap deal makes sense. I'm joking of course. Well, only half joking.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2021, 03:12:50 pm »
Nobody is writing off Rafa, we're just too aware of how little leeway and time he'll be given by the Everton 'faithful'. He's probably going to have to maintain a top 6 position all season to stave off calls for his head.

Personally I think a Rafa - Arteta swap deal makes sense. I'm joking of course. Well, only half joking.

Where's the half-joking money, Rom?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2021, 03:21:58 pm »
It's hard to not pick the Watford manager., with how routinely they've fired and hired managers over the last 7 or 8 years.

Think Steve Bruce is in with a shout too, especially with fans returning to the stadiums.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2021, 04:11:24 pm »
Southampton selling off a couple of key men in Ings and Vestegaard, plus Bertrand leaving on a free. I think if he sees a couple of hidings he's gone soon. Another 9-0?  ;D

I don't know if Watford have done anything in the window, but regardless it's more than likely he'll get the sack, I can see them going down. If Norwich end up adrift early on I can see Farke leaving. They probably wouldn't want to sack him as he's cruised to two Championship titles but he'll probably fancy something else at that point.

Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2021, 04:19:55 pm »
Farke just signed a contract extension with Norwich a couple of weeks ago. It appears he's quite content at Carrow Road and they're understandably quite content with him as well.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2021, 04:44:20 pm »
Southampton selling off a couple of key men in Ings and Vestegaard, plus Bertrand leaving on a free. I think if he sees a couple of hidings he's gone soon. Another 9-0?  ;D

I don't know if Watford have done anything in the window, but regardless it's more than likely he'll get the sack, I can see them going down. If Norwich end up adrift early on I can see Farke leaving. They probably wouldn't want to sack him as he's cruised to two Championship titles but he'll probably fancy something else at that point.

Farke signed a new long term contract about a fortnight ago. You don’t leave that so soon unless you’ve been sacked.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2021, 04:46:20 pm »
In our house we have an annual sack race at the start of the season, myself, Mrs Worgie and my son all guess which Premier League manager will be the first to be sacked this season.

We each put a pound in the pot every Saturday and whoever gets sacked first, from our chosen three takes the pot. A couple of seasons ago all of our selections were still in a job come January so we had a transfer window then!

My son gets first pick, then Mrs Worgie, then me.

Who do you reckon will be the first to go this season?
Guardiola.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2021, 04:56:21 pm »

They only sacked off Silva and Koeman when they were near the bottom and heading for a relegation battle

He only needs to have them sat in mid table. He can manage that.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2021, 04:59:16 pm »
Solsjaer, Guardiola, Arteta
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2021, 02:05:51 am »
Arteta -

Aubamayang has scored 0 goals in 6 preseason games. He was poor last season also. They look a mess.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2021, 05:07:38 am »
Watford manager. Firing managers is what they do.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline Worgie

• Main Stander
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2021, 10:42:11 am »
OK, quick update. The selections have been made:-

My Son.        Ralph Hasenhuttel......He thinks poor 2nd half of last season and losing Danny Ings will cost Ralph.
Mrs Worgie.  Patrick Vieria.......Young, inexperienced.
Me.              Xisco Munoz..... Newly promoted Watford may well struggle and the owners have plenty of previous for pulling the trigger early.

Had a quick look at the betting, just to see who has the longest odds, Jürgen or that bloke at Manchester City. Turns out they are both 50/1. You can get 100/1 on no manager leaving for the whole season! Don't think I will be taking a punt on that  ;D
RAI TV Commentator May 2005 - "If Milan score in the first 20 minutes they will win!"  Yeah Right!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2021, 10:07:24 pm »
Arteta

:lmao
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2021, 10:17:18 pm »
Arteta in trouble already. Next two games are Chelsea and Abu Dhabi so expect Arsenal to be bottom at the international break.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2021, 10:18:00 pm »

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2021, 05:36:59 am »
I actually expect Rafa to do wonders at Everton, he'll turn the Blue Noses around.

For me Arteta's job is on the line already.
Victorious and glorious....

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2021, 05:36:31 pm »
I actually expect Rafa to do wonders at Everton, he'll turn the Blue Noses around.

I win!
Victorious and glorious....

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2021, 05:58:18 pm »

Agree. Arteta has been given enough money and time to turn things around at Arsenal but had gone backwards. This Arsenal is not even matching the standard of Unai Emery.

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2021, 09:25:07 pm »
"What are your chances of remaining in employment at Christmas, Mikel?"

My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2021, 09:28:42 pm »
"What are your chances of remaining in employment at Christmas, Mikel?"

Surely the Mods have got to rename this the Arteta thread?! ;D ;D
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2021, 09:57:14 am »
Shit or bust against Norwich in their next game. I actually think Arteta seems like a nice guy despite being ex Everton. Who do they replace him with though ?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2021, 10:30:26 am »
Shit or bust against Norwich in their next game. I actually think Arteta seems like a nice guy despite being ex Everton. Who do they replace him with though ?
They can’t fail to beat Norwich.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2021, 11:01:18 am »
They can’t fail to beat Norwich.

Yep, it’s another Cup Final. Maybe Aubameyang will show up given that’s the case.

I don’t have any issues with Arteta (despite being ex-Everton and Guardiola’s one-time assistant, he comes across well and is a childhood friend of Xabi) but he’s clearly not suited to the mess that is Arsenal. It was too big a step into management and he would be better off building his reputation at a decent club back in La Liga.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 7, 2021, 12:02:18 pm »
I want my own "Manager" to get sacked 1st thing Monday morning the fat headed sack of fucking shit.    :wave
Rumour has it he will be gone by the weekend . . . . maybe taken out to some barren desert in Saudi and beheaded, who knows.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #68 on: October 7, 2021, 12:03:55 pm »
I suppose all you can do is laugh when your benevolent new overlords do exactly that to people who challenge them
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 7, 2021, 12:07:06 pm »
I suppose all you can do is laugh when your benevolent new overlords do exactly that to people who challenge them
How about you stop stalking me huh, I would appreciate a lot.  Thanks  :)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #70 on: October 7, 2021, 12:09:56 pm »
How about you stop stalking me huh, I would appreciate a lot.  Thanks  :)

Depends what the punishment is, slap on the wrist from your old owner or chopped off at the wrist from your new ones?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 7, 2021, 12:10:09 pm »
maybe taken out to some barren desert in Saudi and beheaded, who knows.

If so, there'll be a new monolith visible from space

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #72 on: October 7, 2021, 05:02:52 pm »
Rumour has it he will be gone by the weekend . . . . maybe taken out to some barren desert in Saudi and beheaded, who knows.

Going to need an awfully big, fat axe and all...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 7, 2021, 05:06:14 pm »

so his will be the first head to roll?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 7, 2021, 05:21:16 pm »
Conte is the early rumour to them.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #75 on: October 7, 2021, 06:04:51 pm »
Conte is the early rumour to them.

Rather them than United I suppose.

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 7, 2021, 07:35:10 pm »
OK, quick update. The selections have been made:-

My Son.        Ralph Hasenhuttel......He thinks poor 2nd half of last season and losing Danny Ings will cost Ralph.
Mrs Worgie.  Patrick Vieria.......Young, inexperienced.
Me.              Xisco Munoz..... Newly promoted Watford may well struggle and the owners have plenty of previous for pulling the trigger early.

Had a quick look at the betting, just to see who has the longest odds, Jürgen or that bloke at Manchester City. Turns out they are both 50/1. You can get 100/1 on no manager leaving for the whole season! Don't think I will be taking a punt on that  ;D

Congratulations on your win!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 7, 2021, 08:04:32 pm »
Rather them than United I suppose.
They are United!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #78 on: October 7, 2021, 08:11:59 pm »
Bruce's days at the barcodes must be numbered after the takeover today.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 7, 2021, 08:12:25 pm »
Bruce's days at the barcodes must be numbered after the takeover today.
Hours… rather than days I suspect
W