Author Topic: Skybet Championship Thread  (Read 186395 times)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Skybet Championship Thread 21/22
« Reply #1720 on: August 15, 2021, 07:15:00 pm »

Football League matches being shown live on UK TV : www.live-footballontv.com/live-english-football-on-tv.html

Football League matches being shown live on TV around the world (+ great for IPTV etc) : www.livesoccertv.com/competitions/england/championship

A list of 60+ stream sites, and also match highlights & full game replay sites : www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.0

^ the 'Some useful info for following the football + TV, Streams, & Highlights etc' thread is updated once a month : 60+ stream sites for watching any football match.

For live scores, line-ups, fixtures & results, tables, in-game comms, and more... : www.flashscore.co.uk/football/england & www.flashscore.co.uk/football/england/championship

Goal videos (and other incidents, saves, skills etc) often appear here minutes after being scored : www.reddit.com/r/soccer/new & www.twitter.com (use the search bar)

www.efl.com : https://twitter.com/EFL : www.youtube.com/user/TheFootballLeague : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E2%80%9322_English_Football_League

Highlights are on the Quest TV channel - https://twitter.com/QuestTV : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_on_Quest : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quest_(British_TV_channel)

& www.discoveryplus.co.uk/show/efl-on-quest : www.efl.com/news/2018/august/efl-on-quest : www.tvguide.co.uk/titlesearch.asp?title=EFL+on+Quest

« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 12:58:17 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1721 on: August 17, 2021, 07:02:32 pm »
Not a single team in the Championship has won their first two games.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1722 on: August 17, 2021, 07:55:31 pm »
Saw a little bit of him at the end of last season, Fabio Carvalho looks very promising for Fulham. Just scored a good goal against Millwall.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1723 on: August 18, 2021, 09:20:43 pm »
Sheffield United are proper shite!
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1724 on: August 18, 2021, 09:24:05 pm »
They’ve found a worse ‘keeper than Ramsdale. Impressive.
AHA!

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1725 on: August 18, 2021, 09:25:05 pm »
Yep they're lucky they confirmed Davies before this match cos we'd be trying to double the offer ;D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1726 on: August 18, 2021, 09:45:18 pm »
Sheffield United are proper shite!

Got the same team that lost every week last season (Davies not playing tonight). Davies will be going into a team used to losing every week. Brewster scored his first goal last week in the cup, the only goal they've scored this season, then gets put on the right wing in the next game and is an unused sub tonight. It's ridiculous just how much of a mess they've made of that transfer.

West Brom are even more of a set piece team than usual. They're like Pulis's Stoke with the long throws and aerial bombardment. They've scored a ton of goals already this season from long throws and corners. The new manager following in the footsteps of all the alehouse managers they've had the last 10-15 years.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1727 on: August 18, 2021, 09:51:02 pm »
Sheffield United are shit but not as shit as hearing fucking West Brom sing Allez Allez Allez hahaha

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1728 on: August 18, 2021, 09:54:35 pm »
Colin really is a massive dickhead. Got a penalty and a red card in their favour and he's still out there bursting blood vessels in the referees face at the end of the game.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1729 on: August 18, 2021, 10:55:04 pm »
Fulham should walk this league.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1730 on: August 28, 2021, 09:58:47 pm »
West Brom and Fulham are like turds that won't flush. Up, down, up, down every season.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #1731 on: August 28, 2021, 10:00:27 pm »
I think we're gonna see this more as time goes on, the same teams coming up and down. Parachute payments give big help to relegated clubs, and as long as they don't spend out of their means in the PL they'll be able to keep coming up and down.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1732 on: September 12, 2021, 03:00:31 pm »
Hey how do you pronounce the Cardiff's number 38 - P Ng?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1733 on: September 18, 2021, 09:48:39 pm »
Gibbs-White is easily one of the best players in the league. Made a huge difference to the Sheffield United team
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1734 on: September 18, 2021, 10:01:42 pm »
The Championship has become unwatchable with all the diving nowadays

https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/1439263001270538243?s=19
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1735 on: September 18, 2021, 10:15:30 pm »
The Championship has become unwatchable with all the diving nowadays

https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/1439263001270538243?s=19

He got in the way of the free kick on purpose.  Deserved smash I’d say.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1736 on: September 21, 2021, 02:38:02 pm »
Hey how do you pronounce the Cardiff's number 38 - P Ng?
N G, like the two separate letters.

He's Anglicised it somewhat, it's from the Vietnamese 'Nguyen,' though he also has Malaysian roots. He's a good lad, played a few pre-season friendlies against Crewe when I was younger (for a local Semi-pro side) and he always stood out in their U23s as looking capable. He was way too good for League Two but it's a shame Crewe didn't get a bit more money for him.

He's a massive Red too.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1737 on: October 2, 2021, 01:42:09 pm »
Coventry having a great season.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1738 on: October 3, 2021, 01:55:07 pm »
Westbrom, Fulham and Stoke doing well, I'll hate it if all three of them get promoted.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1739 on: November 1, 2021, 12:17:10 pm »
Just noticed Mitrovic has 18 goals already this season. That's insane for the start of November. Half of Fulhams goals and they are still 5 behind Bournemouth!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1740 on: November 1, 2021, 04:48:30 pm »
We really need to have Skybet in thread title….

What do people who watch champo make of Brereton on Blackburn?  Banging in the goals regularly, could he move up a level or is he more the Jordan Rhodes, Robert Earnshaw type?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1741 on: November 3, 2021, 10:08:32 pm »
Blackburn got battered 7-0 at home by Fulham  :lmao :lmao
#Sausages

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1742 on: November 6, 2021, 05:20:22 pm »

'Middlesbrough FC have parted company with manager Colin Wanker by mutual consent.':-

www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-neil-warnock & https://twitter.com/boro/status/1457032935417303042
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1743 on: November 6, 2021, 05:22:00 pm »
Bye bye colin, no doubt he'll turn up at a club desparate for his services soon. :wanker
#Sausages

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #1744 on: November 6, 2021, 05:39:33 pm »
We really need to have Skybet in thread title….

What do people who watch champo make of Brereton on Blackburn?  Banging in the goals regularly, could he move up a level or is he more the Jordan Rhodes, Robert Earnshaw type?

I can only say he's been fucking ace for our national team. Basically everybody took a liking to him immediately and has won our hearts due to his intensity and skill. He's always making himself available in dangerous positions even if his teammates in the NT don't always give him a pass.

I'm a big fan of his latest goal for us, against Venezuela. By the celebrations you can see how beloved he is already!

And, wouldn't you know... he scored again today for Blackburn! He's on fire :D

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1745 on: November 6, 2021, 06:38:52 pm »
He's looking like a proper good striker, isn't he? Clever movement, tenacity, and scoring for fun. If he keeps this up it's a matter of time before he moves. He'd be a good fit for a team like Brighton, I reckon. Southampton could do with him too.

I assume he can speak Spanish, who knows - maybe he'd like to play in La Liga at some point.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #1746 on: November 6, 2021, 06:52:19 pm »
I assume he can speak Spanish, who knows - maybe he'd like to play in La Liga at some point.

doesn't speak a lick of it, lmao ;D

and whenever he's with his Chilean team mates, he'll just learn Chilean Spanish, which is basically incomprehensible to the rest of the Spanish-speaking world ;D

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1747 on: November 6, 2021, 06:58:47 pm »
doesn't speak a lick of it, lmao ;D

and whenever he's with his Chilean team mates, he'll just learn Chilean Spanish, which is basically incomprehensible to the rest of the Spanish-speaking world ;D
Fair enough - Colo-Colo then?  :D

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1748 on: November 6, 2021, 07:00:02 pm »
Bye bye colin, no doubt he'll turn up at a club desparate for his services soon. :wanker

While amusing - bit shit to be told the morning before a game and then still be expected to manage the team for the game.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #1749 on: November 6, 2021, 07:09:58 pm »
Fair enough - Colo-Colo then?  :D

oh god, I hope not, even though he recently admitted he's a fan ;D (I hate Colo Colo btw, but that's a long story for another thread haha)

Still - I'd really like to to see him in a Premier League team as long as it's not one of our direct rivals and as long as he doesn't score against us. A Potter-led Brighton, for example.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1750 on: November 6, 2021, 07:45:46 pm »
oh god, I hope not, even though he recently admitted he's a fan ;D (I hate Colo Colo btw, but that's a long story for another thread haha)

Still - I'd really like to to see him in a Premier League team as long as it's not one of our direct rivals and as long as he doesn't score against us. A Potter-led Brighton, for example.
It's definitely possible if he continues to improve, which he's young enough to do. He has more to his game than someone like Jordan Rhodes who was mentioned above.

How's he doing for Chile? Wikipedia says he has 3 goals in 8 games which is decent.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #1751 on: November 6, 2021, 08:04:02 pm »
It's definitely possible if he continues to improve, which he's young enough to do. He has more to his game than someone like Jordan Rhodes who was mentioned above.

How's he doing for Chile? Wikipedia says he has 3 goals in 8 games which is decent.

As I said earlier, we basically fell in love with him immediately even if he hasn't scored loads yet - we know it's because he's still getting used to his new teammates speaking a language he's not fluent in and because our current NT level isn't what it used to be 5 years ago. He's shown a lot of fight and a lot of getting into dangerous positions which, sadly, is something the rest of our players aren't quite grasping at the moment, so they don't pass to him as much as they could (and should). He's *the* goalscorer we were looking for, considering Alexis isn't getting any younger (and, after coming back from a lengthy injury, he's still rusty AF), Eduardo Vargas' purple patch in our NT seems to be over and basically every other player we've tried to put there just doesn't do the thing we want them to do (e.g. score some fucking goals). So we immediately took a liking to him and he took a liking to us and we're elated.

Honestly, considering our chances of qualifying to WC2022 seem to be very low (outside chance at the moment), I'd build the next cycle of our NT around him - to make the most of his talents and his drive, build a team that knows he's the focal point.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1752 on: November 6, 2021, 08:13:44 pm »
As I said earlier, we basically fell in love with him immediately even if he hasn't scored loads yet - we know it's because he's still getting used to his new teammates speaking a language he's not fluent in and because our current NT level isn't what it used to be 5 years ago. He's shown a lot of fight and a lot of getting into dangerous positions which, sadly, is something the rest of our players aren't quite grasping at the moment, so they don't pass to him as much as they could (and should). He's *the* goalscorer we were looking for, considering Alexis isn't getting any younger (and, after coming back from a lengthy injury, he's still rusty AF), Eduardo Vargas' purple patch in our NT seems to be over and basically every other player we've tried to put there just doesn't do the thing we want them to do (e.g. score some fucking goals). So we immediately took a liking to him and he took a liking to us and we're elated.

Honestly, considering our chances of qualifying to WC2022 seem to be very low (outside chance at the moment), I'd build the next cycle of our NT around him - to make the most of his talents and his drive, build a team that knows he's the focal point.
Really interesting, mate. High praise indeed that you'd build the team around him! I'll be interested to see how his Chile career goes, I'm a big fan of his.

Also makes you wonder what other players in the EFL could eligible for other countries!

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1753 on: November 7, 2021, 12:50:02 am »
I can only say he's been fucking ace for our national team. Basically everybody took a liking to him immediately and has won our hearts due to his intensity and skill. He's always making himself available in dangerous positions even if his teammates in the NT don't always give him a pass.

I'm a big fan of his latest goal for us, against Venezuela. By the celebrations you can see how beloved he is already!

Sorry I was busy ordering a LFC shirt with his name on it. I like it, and saw him score today. He’s a good striker almost in the D Ings mould
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1754 on: November 16, 2021, 12:26:07 pm »
Derby County have been deducted a further nine points after admitting breaches of English Football League accounting rules.

The Championship club, docked 12 points for entering administration in September, have agreed to the dismissal of their appeal against that decision.

The latest penalty leaves Wayne Rooney's side on -3 points - 18 points from safety at the foot of the table.
I loosely follow Derby as my brother-in-law is a fan and they sound incredibly badly run.  I don't think it helps the mood of the Derby fans that they can see what Leicester have done just down the road from a similar base with different owners.

Apparently Wazza has been chipping in some of his own money for things whilst working for effectively nothing.  Any ideas of pulling off a great escape seemingly killed off now though so will be interesting to see if he sticks with it.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1755 on: November 16, 2021, 12:52:29 pm »
Everything Harry Redknapp touches ends up with masses of debt and points deductions.  He was he "football advisor" and helped Lampard into place. Been downhill since then.

Sounds like a bunch of clowns running another club into the ground.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1756 on: November 24, 2021, 09:04:58 pm »

another double already today, he looks excellent
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #1757 on: November 25, 2021, 03:42:44 am »
another double already today, he looks excellent

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Ben's last season at Blackburn.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1758 on: November 25, 2021, 11:23:08 am »
@guardian_sport
Sheffield United have sacked Slavisa Jokanovic after six months as manager, with Colin Wanker among those under consideration to take over.

The year is 5959. Robots have enslaved the human population. The sun has entered it's red giant phase and is about to consume the planet earth. And Colin Wanker is being considered for the job of Championship team Pluto United as they struggle to avoid relegation.  'I did promise my wife that we'd retire to a nice colony of Mars, but I just love my football', Warnock told Sky Sports.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1759 on: November 27, 2021, 02:30:17 pm »
Ched Evans scoring goals…thought he was in jail.

Similar to Warnock, we could be thousands of years into a nuclear winter and Tim Ream will definitely still be turning out for Fulham
You'll Never Walk Alone