Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 248344 times)

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
Re: Cancer
« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2010, 07:18:27 pm »
Results from CAT scan came in today and found a tumor in me Granda's lung. 5x8cm in size. Has to go through more tests now to find out of it's malignant or not.

Want to go see him but not sure if I can keep it together and he's in pretty good spirits so would be selfish of me to dampen them. One of those people you just expect to be there forever I suppose.

I remember going to the docs and him running tests on me for liver problems a while back, the doc asks me a few questions:

Doc: Any history of Heart disease in your family?
Me: Yes, my Granda had a heart attack when he was 42
Doc: Ok, and any history of diabetes
Me: My Granda has type 1 diabetes
Doc: Anyone in your family with a history of cancer?
Me: My Granda, he had Merkel Cell cancer
Doctor: Looking astounded, what age was he when he died?
Me: He was grand when I was chattin' to him last night.

Funny as fuck and astounding too considering he was given 6 months to live (20 years ago).

Only thing worries me is he's an atheist too, wonder how that shit plays on your mind when you're in this situation.

Kinell for a story...

As for his mind being an atheist it has kept him alive for 20 years, no? I bet he has some inner strength to help him through tough times. I do understand you being hesitant to go see him though... Perhaps when you've slept on it you may be more up for it...? Blessings mate!

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #281 on: October 27, 2010, 09:15:44 am »
I can hardly bear to read this thread. Keith, very glad to heart that your missus is doing well. 

Offline stevie h g

• Kopite
« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2010, 09:45:05 am »
This is really depressing. Good luck to all who have posted in this thread.

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: October 27, 2010, 09:38:02 pm »
And now we know. The next 5 years starts here.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #284 on: November 1, 2010, 12:28:29 pm »
Got a brain tumour scan soon and I'm absolutely bricking it, most of the symptoms match so I'm fearing the worst. Have had consistent headaches for about a year now, but recently started stuttering some easy words and get blurred vision.

Just hope if I do have it they can do something about it

How did it go mate ?

I went for a MRI 10 days ago, well fuck me I flipped totally fucking flipped, didnt realise how claustrophobic I am until that day.

Waiting for a call from the hosi, ultrasound tests showed something, ah well fuck it we got 3 points at Bolton !

Offline lostpet.

• rewardoffered.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert text here: No Jokes Allowed
« Reply #285 on: November 1, 2010, 01:33:28 pm »
Suso, how did it go?

I can sympathise totally, me gran died from breast cancer aged 42, never got to see me return to the family (adopted)

My bio mum had cervical cancer aged 21, she fought and recovered, then had a breast cancer scare, lump turned out to be benign but scared the hell out of me.

condolences to everyone who has lost someone, its a fucking bastard of an illness...

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #286 on: November 1, 2010, 03:34:26 pm »
Cancer is a c*nt BUT measures can be taken to prevent it.

http://chetday.com/dietandcancer.html

For the record I've lost an Uncle and two friends in about two years.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #287 on: November 3, 2010, 04:31:33 pm »
Just finished my first cycle of chemo,only three more to go. wasnt too bad if im honest,better than the last lot i had. Just hope the shit does its thing now and my body decides to work with it also......

fingers crossed folks. Ive plenty more stupid posts to put up on here yet,,,,,,,,,
My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #288 on: November 3, 2010, 04:35:38 pm »
Just finished my first cycle of chemo,only three more to go. wasnt too bad if im honest,better than the last lot i had. Just hope the shit does its thing now and my body decides to work with it also......

fingers crossed folks. Ive plenty more stupid posts to put up on here yet,,,,,,,,,

Have a nice evening mate,
wish you all the very best
I really do.

-Johnny
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: November 3, 2010, 04:45:20 pm »
Have a nice evening mate,
wish you all the very best
I really do.

-Johnny

Same from me mate!

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: November 4, 2010, 05:44:56 am »

Indeed you do! Glad to hear that it doesn't feel as bad as the last lot and I reckon positive thinking does a lot for you. Fingers crossed for you. 

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #291 on: November 4, 2010, 06:22:28 am »
fuck me you ppl have some bollocks. i hate seeing updates in certain threads and this one of them. keep going mate, we wanna see many more stupid posts ;O
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #292 on: November 4, 2010, 07:15:15 am »

Thoughts are with you mate.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #293 on: November 4, 2010, 07:45:24 am »

Nice one pal, keep positive, it's the only way.

It's strange really how the different chemos react in different ways to different people. The wifes first lot, a few years ago, was done on a trial, 4 hrs each time via IV, over about 4 months, lost her hair and put on a bit of weight, but that was pretty much it on the side effects, she didn't really suffer from sickness like some. Her last lot of chemo last year, were tablets, taken daily over a fortnight then a week off, but these messed her feet and hands up, nails fell off her feet, her soles were very sore making walking difficult and her hands went the same, nails deteriorated although never fell off but her hands and arms went blotchy and sore. To be honest, the results from the tablets weren't great. She's now on anti estrogen jab and a jab for her bones every fortnight and apart from a little aching over a day or so after the jab there has been no side effects and the jabs are working really well, currently, a lot better than the last lot of chemo tablets.

The thing is, if one type of chemo doesn't work, there's plenty of alternatives to have a crack at, that's what the oncologist tells us anyway and he heads up the trials at Clatterbridge, so we go with whatever he says.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #294 on: November 4, 2010, 09:08:55 am »
Nice one pal, keep positive, it's the only way.

It's strange really how the different chemos react in different ways to different people. The wifes first lot, a few years ago, was done on a trial, 4 hrs each time via IV, over about 4 months, lost her hair and put on a bit of weight, but that was pretty much it on the side effects, she didn't really suffer from sickness like some. Her last lot of chemo last year, were tablets, taken daily over a fortnight then a week off, but these messed her feet and hands up, nails fell off her feet, her soles were very sore making walking difficult and her hands went the same, nails deteriorated although never fell off but her hands and arms went blotchy and sore. To be honest, the results from the tablets weren't great. She's now on anti estrogen jab and a jab for her bones every fortnight and apart from a little aching over a day or so after the jab there has been no side effects and the jabs are working really well, currently, a lot better than the last lot of chemo tablets.

The thing is, if one type of chemo doesn't work, there's plenty of alternatives to have a crack at, that's what the oncologist tells us anyway and he heads up the trials at Clatterbridge, so we go with whatever he says.
Yeah,defo,got an appojntment with my consultant on the 17th when my 2nd cycle begins so gonna quiz him over what other options i have via chemo.
Last time i felt really sick and bloated all the time,real hideous for about a week. this time time it seems to be just tiredness and a little nauseous so not too bad. got the same with two weeks at one hour on an IV and then a week off,three week cycles.

Is it professor clarke you and your wife are with by any chance? seems to be a good fella.....

Again,much love to the both of you,stay positive and stay fighting,and above all stay healthy!!

Found out too that i dont have to jack in my counsellor training just yet,they have given me total flexibility so that is cracking news for me. was gutted i might have to put most of my life on hold for this shite.....
not now,not yet........

Thanks to everyone for all the messages too,some good people on here..........

Henry Rollins

Offline Spectre

• One Day In the Life of Ivan Sphincterovich. Inmate 00013 of RAWK Gulag 25
  • Boys Pen
  • AngrY
« Reply #295 on: November 4, 2010, 09:22:56 am »
Just been told my lung cancer is back and ive got less than a year to live..... fucking fantastic.

wont even get to see us lift the prem now,gutted!!! haha!

Feel a bit weird about it,you never think you will be told shit like that and when you are you dont quite believe it! some kind of defiant denial going on at the moment.....!

My own father recovered from second stage lung cancer with practically one of his lungs collapsed when the doctors gave him 2 years at best.

He is 58 now and although his physically his strength and stamina is not the same as before his illness , he is fit and fine now.

Don't give up mate , it ain't 'denial'. Me and my dad wishes you all the best and you will be there to see us lift the title and after too...

GENERAL LUCAS LEIVA , MIDFIELD REGIMENT.

Racism is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out
NO Race , NO Ethnicity , NO Religion. Only Human.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #296 on: November 4, 2010, 11:11:49 am »
My own father recovered from second stage lung cancer with practically one of his lungs collapsed when the doctors gave him 2 years at best.

He is 58 now and although his physically his strength and stamina is not the same as before his illness , he is fit and fine now.

Don't give up mate , it ain't 'denial'. Me and my dad wishes you all the best and you will be there to see us lift the title and after too...

Thanks mate! i like these stories!! All the best to you and your dad too.
Ill be keeping you all updated anyways...

Henry Rollins

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: November 4, 2010, 12:13:15 pm »
Found out yesterday that my uncle in New York has cancer. Shocking to hear because he was so healthy and stress free. Just goes to show.

Booked mum a flight for this afternoon and I'll probably go myself at some point in the next month.

Hope he makes a full recovery. :(

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #298 on: November 4, 2010, 12:50:47 pm »
Lost my Grandad to it nearly a month ago now. Had metastatic cancer in his lung and liver, he never knew, we only found out from the postmortem. Was in the hospital for a chest infection. Was a shock, to say the least. Only 67, sickening.

Hope everyone in this thread can stay strong
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #299 on: November 4, 2010, 01:50:30 pm »
My girlfriends mother has a brain tumour. She was given 6-9months to live. She is now in her ninth year since that diagnosis and improving steadily everyday thanks to the support from her wonderful daughter. We recently raised €1,600 at The Irish Ploughing Championships in just 3 hours for The Cuisle Centre which is located in the Midlands of Ireland. It is a 100% charitable organisation built, funded and run by volunteers. It offers support and activities such as flower arranging, painting etc. to cancer treatment patients.
Don't ever give up hope! get involved in support groups. There are wonderful people out there who just may make a difference!

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #300 on: November 4, 2010, 02:15:03 pm »
Yeah,defo,got an appojntment with my consultant on the 17th when my 2nd cycle begins so gonna quiz him over what other options i have via chemo.
Last time i felt really sick and bloated all the time,real hideous for about a week. this time time it seems to be just tiredness and a little nauseous so not too bad. got the same with two weeks at one hour on an IV and then a week off,three week cycles.

Is it professor clarke you and your wife are with by any chance? seems to be a good fella.....

Again,much love to the both of you,stay positive and stay fighting,and above all stay healthy!!

Thanks.

Dr Sripadam is the wife's oncologist, based at Clatterbridge and he has day clinics at St Helens now it's been rebuilt, was Whiston.

Found out too that i dont have to jack in my counsellor training just yet,they have given me total flexibility so that is cracking news for me. was gutted i might have to put most of my life on hold for this shite.....
not now,not yet........

Ironic eh!!

The wifes star sign? Yep, Cancer!

The wife's work was very good with her too, she went back part time, then fulltime for around 2 months until last year when we found it had come back. Now she does 8 hrs a week over 2 days, but it gives her different suroundings, get's her out of the house and the social interaction which can only be good for soul and mind, especially as I'm at work all day.

Thanks to everyone for all the messages too,some good people on here..........

There certainly is, thanks to everyone and best wishes to all who are affected one way or another, by cancer.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline Spectre

• One Day In the Life of Ivan Sphincterovich. Inmate 00013 of RAWK Gulag 25
  • Boys Pen
  • AngrY
« Reply #301 on: November 4, 2010, 03:28:22 pm »
Thanks mate! i like these stories!! All the best to you and your dad too.
Ill be keeping you all updated anyways...

Chin up mate , you'll make it back. My father is a living testament to that.  :)
GENERAL LUCAS LEIVA , MIDFIELD REGIMENT.

Racism is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out
NO Race , NO Ethnicity , NO Religion. Only Human.

Offline evenflow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: November 5, 2010, 01:31:44 pm »
Just been told my lung cancer is back and ive got less than a year to live..... fucking fantastic.

Feel a bit weird about it,you never think you will be told shit like that and when you are you dont quite believe it! some kind of defiant denial going on at the moment.....!

didn't venture onto this thread really until mum had some tests for colon cancer-
i read the posts here- you guys are inspiring. keep fighting and know that you're in our thoughts.
all the best mate- to you and those around you.

Quote from: rowan_d on Today at 05:49:28 PM
And though Jacob once did ascend unto the Holy Mountain, Christ the Healer declared unto him, 'Mad Men has had a mare in this thread.'

Jacob, 3:16

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: November 5, 2010, 02:41:55 pm »
LOTS of brave people in this thread. Keep being strong everyone!

Offline Gerrard_8_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #304 on: November 10, 2010, 12:32:34 am »
Took my Grandad this weekend. Fought for 5 years then it weakened his arteries and died in a hospice on Sunday morning. Terrible way to die. Would have been 85 in a few weeks. R.I.P Grandad.

To everyone fighting this cruel disease, and everyone who has a loved one fighting, my thoughts are with you xx
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:49:14 pm by Gerrard_8_ »

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #305 on: November 10, 2010, 01:25:09 am »

We'll have it won by March. Believe.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #306 on: November 10, 2010, 04:41:51 pm »
Due to nightly sweats (I'm dripping when waking up in the morning), daily fatigue (i almost always have to sleep for a couple of hours at some point during the day) and itch....I'm shit scared I have lymphoma which apparently is "cancer in the lymphatic of the immune system".

Off for some tests on monday to begin with. I've got rotten luck so I'm sure what this will mean  :(

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: November 10, 2010, 09:07:12 pm »
Due to nightly sweats (I'm dripping when waking up in the morning), daily fatigue (i almost always have to sleep for a couple of hours at some point during the day) and itch....I'm shit scared I have lymphoma which apparently is "cancer in the lymphatic of the immune system".

Off for some tests on monday to begin with. I've got rotten luck so I'm sure what this will mean  :(

Try to stay positive and don't panic until you have the results of tests. No matter how unlucky you consider yourself NOBODY is bound to end up with that fucker of a disease. Fingers crossed for you mate!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 10:31:07 am by Bennekov »

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: November 14, 2010, 09:07:08 am »
This bastard disease just took my auntie this morning.

I've never felt so much hate for an inanimate,invisible thing.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #309 on: November 14, 2010, 09:47:32 am »
This bastard disease just took my auntie this morning.

I've never felt so much hate for an inanimate,invisible thing.

I'm so sorry to hear that Peter :(

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: November 14, 2010, 10:02:50 am »
I've never felt so useless.My mum was expecting it but it still comes as a shock but she's just carrying on as normal.Don't know what to say to her.

I hate the old cliches people come out with like "she's gone to a better place" and "she's out of pain now".All probably meant to help ease the grief but they don't.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: November 14, 2010, 10:39:07 am »
I've never felt so useless.My mum was expecting it but it still comes as a shock but she's just carrying on as normal.Don't know what to say to her.

I hate the old cliches people come out with like "she's gone to a better place" and "she's out of pain now".All probably meant to help ease the grief but they don't.

It's a normal reaction when a close relative dies. Denial. It'll dawn on your mom as well and then she's going to need you to support her just like you probably need your mom to support you now.

For what it's worth your auntie HAS gone to a painless better place now. That's what I tried to take comfort in when my dad lost this fucker of a disease almost 6 years ago. There's only so much people can say but the healing in you comes from you processing your feelings and over time you will learn to put things in the right places in your mind.

My thoughts are with you and everyone else who has lost people close to them to this disease.

Oh and one more thing: It's you who decide when your time of mourning is over. Don't let anybody else tell you otherwise - they're not inside your head and heart! Stay strong!

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: November 15, 2010, 11:04:20 am »
Girlfriends Grandad has just been diagnosed with Secondary Liver Cancer.

Thing is, her family don't tell anyone whats going on so we are feeling pretty much in the dark. I do know he is having a biopsy on it this week sometime though. He is a great fella too, very funny and on the ball. Amazing for 92 years old.

I really feel for my girlfriend as she only lost her nan to lung cancer last month and her other Grandad died of throat cancer when she was a little girl. The poor lamb is really struggling with it at the moment and is very depressed.
My side of teh family has never had a case of cancer, so I am struggling to support her without sounding flippant.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: November 15, 2010, 11:27:06 am »
Girlfriends Grandad has just been diagnosed with Secondary Liver Cancer.

Thing is, her family don't tell anyone whats going on so we are feeling pretty much in the dark. I do know he is having a biopsy on it this week sometime though. He is a great fella too, very funny and on the ball. Amazing for 92 years old.

I really feel for my girlfriend as she only lost her nan to lung cancer last month and her other Grandad died of throat cancer when she was a little girl. The poor lamb is really struggling with it at the moment and is very depressed.
My side of teh family has never had a case of cancer, so I am struggling to support her without sounding flippant.

A shoulder to cry on and listening to her - that's the best you can do mate. Don't try giving any advice unless asked for it. Just be there for her...

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: November 17, 2010, 10:35:38 pm »
My Granda took his first bad turn this morning, in a lot of pain and shaking, doctors gave him morphine. Seen him tonight and he was in good spirits and up and about, looked a complete shadow of himself, wheezing and sweating a lot. I hate seeing him like this, one of the worst parts of cancer is how it fucking sucks the life force out of you.

Think this is the beginning of the end now for him, I'm very close to him and has had as much influence on my life as my dad, I'm absolutely devastated.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: November 18, 2010, 10:14:41 am »
My Granda took his first bad turn this morning, in a lot of pain and shaking, doctors gave him morphine. Seen him tonight and he was in good spirits and up and about, looked a complete shadow of himself, wheezing and sweating a lot. I hate seeing him like this, one of the worst parts of cancer is how it fucking sucks the life force out of you.

Think this is the beginning of the end now for him, I'm very close to him and has had as much influence on my life as my dad, I'm absolutely devastated.

So sorry for you mate. Try to be strong in front of him; he'll know how you're feeling.
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #316 on: November 18, 2010, 12:58:03 pm »

So sorry to hear that mate. Best thing you can do is let him know you care but behave as normally as possible around him,keep his spirits up. Thats all i expect from anyone anyway.....

Henry Rollins

Offline Skagen

• Hard for Hodgson
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2010, 01:33:20 pm »
Just got a phone call form my mother, told me that my godfather died today. The lung cancer came back after 2 years or something... I wanna smash something!!!
“A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.”

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: November 18, 2010, 05:47:34 pm »
Sorry to hear that chum.

My granda was diagnosed 6 years ago with prostate cancer that had spread to his spine. It was too late to operate and they gave him 6 months. He's still knocking about now and just gets a quarterly injection.

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: November 19, 2010, 03:14:31 am »
Just got a phone call form my mother, told me that my godfather died today. The lung cancer came back after 2 years or something... I wanna smash something!!!

Sorry to hear that Skagen, I had the same with my Godmother two weeks ago. She'd been fighting pancreatic for 9 years. Such a shame though she was such a special lady. Think it gave my Mum a knock as she is still fighting hers, mind she just finished 18 weeks of chemo one a week yesterday. Amazing and I can't wait for her to arrive in Oz for her 6 weeks recuperation. Keep your chin up matey.