Author Topic: UHD coming to Sky?  (Read 1364 times)

Offline KOP1975

• Feb 5: “Hurt the pockets of the club not the team on the pitch as the team needs all the help it can get right now.” Feb 7: “i never want to see Sakho-shit ever play for us again. He needs to be binned big time.” <— 'Helping' the team....?
  • Anny Roader
UHD coming to Sky?
« on: November 5, 2015, 03:34:01 pm »
New UHD box to be announced on 18/11/15 along with a revamp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwFJ-FkDDnk&feature=youtu.be

UHD looks great on BT.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UHD coming to Sky?
« Reply #1 on: November 6, 2015, 03:18:00 pm »
I was planning to upgrade my telly in the living room but thought I'd wait for SKY UHD box first. And here it is.

Will there be separate SKY UHD channels or will it just be that the regular HD channels will broadcast in UHD too

How does it work and how much more (because this will obviously cost us) will it be?

Any idea cheers?

Offline KOP1975

• Feb 5: “Hurt the pockets of the club not the team on the pitch as the team needs all the help it can get right now.” Feb 7: “i never want to see Sakho-shit ever play for us again. He needs to be binned big time.” <— 'Helping' the team....?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2 on: November 8, 2015, 06:49:31 pm »
I pay £15 a month for BTuhd. I think Sky will be about the same

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3 on: November 9, 2015, 11:38:51 am »
What 4K content do BT currently have? Presumably football, but is that it?

If the roll out of content on Sky is anything like it was for HD then I doubt I'll be willing to pay £15 a month for it. There are still bloody channels now which don't offer a HD version which I find a bit ridiculous.

Offline KOP1975

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: November 9, 2015, 01:17:40 pm »
At the moment its 2 uhd games a week - 1 prem and 1 CL match. If no CL that week they will show a Scottish match in UHD.

They also do motorsports and some other sports in UHD that I dont watch.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 11:44:41 am »
Announced as Sky Q. Looks very impressive but I bet the subscription costs will be eye-watering expensive.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sky-q-box-release-date-news

Offline filthy1980

• tax dodger
  • Kopite
  • conspiracy shite
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 12:12:13 pm »
12 tuners? guessing that would mean a new cable being run from the dish to the box

interface looks similar to the Amazon Fire one with the sidebar

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 10:06:00 pm »
All sounds pretty impressive, more tuners is definitely needed, plus like the sound of being able to stream recorded stuff to other boxes connected to other TVs or wireless devices (presumably whilst other TVs watch other things).

Although I imagine this will see a huge premium a month given it wipes out multi room and adds in all these features.

Not sure if I'm a fan of the look of the EPG though.