Author Topic: IPTV  (Read 309939 times)

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: IPTV
« Reply #1040 on: August 11, 2019, 02:59:26 pm »
Changed address and couldn't get any Global streams going in my new place - they'd all just freeze on the first frame, maybe play a few seconds, but then freeze again.

Tried different IPTV software, different devices, wired/wireless connection, loads of reboots and factory resets, but to no avail. Was having no issues with any major streaming platforms, and my internet is clearly fast enough.

I could see no other explanation than my ISP must have been throttling my connection, although I have the same ISP as my last address and previously had no issues.

I bought a VPN and have exactly the same freezing issues in 90% of locations - but stumbled on one which can get me through some 720p streams with only a minor hitch every minute or so. Surely if it was a throttling issue, any location would fix it? Why would changing my location to Panama be the only way to improve this? I've had no issues with speed in streaming iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube etc even with a VPN, but the same issue persists with IPTV.

Anyone have any suggestions for me here? If not, if someone could send me a link to Revo I'd appreciate it. I don't know what else to try at this point.
Have you spoken to their support group on facebook?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1041 on: August 11, 2019, 03:51:21 pm »
Changed address and couldn't get any Global streams going in my new place - they'd all just freeze on the first frame, maybe play a few seconds, but then freeze again.

Tried different IPTV software, different devices, wired/wireless connection, loads of reboots and factory resets, but to no avail. Was having no issues with any major streaming platforms, and my internet is clearly fast enough.

I could see no other explanation than my ISP must have been throttling my connection, although I have the same ISP as my last address and previously had no issues.

I bought a VPN and have exactly the same freezing issues in 90% of locations - but stumbled on one which can get me through some 720p streams with only a minor hitch every minute or so. Surely if it was a throttling issue, any location would fix it? Why would changing my location to Panama be the only way to improve this? I've had no issues with speed in streaming iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube etc even with a VPN, but the same issue persists with IPTV.

Anyone have any suggestions for me here? If not, if someone could send me a link to Revo I'd appreciate it. I don't know what else to try at this point.

Make sure that you have any isp smart set up/parental controls turned off.What they're called depends on your isp obviously but you turn them off by logging ito your account and going into the setting.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: August 11, 2019, 05:46:07 pm »
Revo is shit. It's got too big and they cant handle it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: August 11, 2019, 08:53:12 pm »
Revo is shit. It's got too big and they cant handle it.

Strange as I've had no problems watching all the golf and footy this weekend, no VPN needed.

What are you using that's better?
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline arsestar

• Main Stander
« Reply #1044 on: August 11, 2019, 09:29:03 pm »
Anyone tried the dazn app? I've been using since the start of the season with a vpn and all streams have been solid with no bollocks freezing/buffering, I do believe they have the rights to all prem games

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1045 on: August 11, 2019, 11:48:02 pm »
Mine was good this weekend. Liverpool game was a bit funny so I switched to an American channel. All good

Ironically my wife's friend was over today saying they have a sky sub and that went down so he missed our game
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1046 on: August 12, 2019, 11:26:27 am »
Have you spoken to their support group on facebook?

Got a link?

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: August 12, 2019, 12:13:57 pm »
Got a link?
sent you a pm, although it's a 'secret group' so not sure how you get on, cant remember, if that link fails , log a ticket asking them in the site where you pay

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: August 12, 2019, 02:08:59 pm »
Strange as I've had no problems watching all the golf and footy this weekend, no VPN needed.

What are you using that's better?

I haven't got an alternative yet but I will definitely be looking for one. I introduced Revo to this forum a couple of years ago. It was grand then as it was pretty new, but as they've got bigger, they've had issues on a regular basis. The Man United game yesterday was tragic. Couldn't get a stream to stay on longer than 10 minutes on 3 different devices.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1049 on: August 13, 2019, 11:50:55 am »

Thanks for the advice in response to my quoted post here. Sadly, I've had no success in improving this.

Instead, I have set up DAZN Canada using a VPN on my Firestick. This reliably streams every competition we are involved in excluding the FA Cup, albeit with a 12 euro monthly charge. I also managed to keep iPlayer, ITV Player and All 4. I'll only use IPTV and trial and error my way to a 720p stream for FA Cup games. A satisfactory compromise.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: August 13, 2019, 11:58:07 am »
Thanks for the advice in response to my quoted post here. Sadly, I've had no success in improving this.

Instead, I have set up DAZN Canada using a VPN on my Firestick. This reliably streams every competition we are involved in excluding the FA Cup, albeit with a 12 euro monthly charge. I also managed to keep iPlayer, ITV Player and All 4. I'll only use IPTV and trial and error my way to a 720p stream for FA Cup games. A satisfactory compromise.
seems a decent idea, let us know how it goes

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: August 13, 2019, 04:34:10 pm »

What app are you using for the IPTV ?  Can't see how it would be anything that can't be sorted your end.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1052 on: August 13, 2019, 04:54:34 pm »

What app are you using for the IPTV ?  Can't see how it would be anything that can't be sorted your end.
Completely agree - I also can't see how it could be anything other than something from my end.

I tried MyIPTV Player on an Xbox, and both SuperIPTV and Perfect Player on LG WebOS and a Firestick. Identical issue on every device and app.

I'm in Germany using a Fritzbox router and must have configured this to every combination of relevant settings I could think of. I'd be more than happy to try suggestions if you have any. I can't stand being defeated by this kind of thing, especially considering how well this worked for me before I moved house. I've just got to the point where I can't think of anything else I could try.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 04:56:32 pm by Kuytinho »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: August 13, 2019, 06:39:15 pm »
Completely agree - I also can't see how it could be anything other than something from my end.

I tried MyIPTV Player on an Xbox, and both SuperIPTV and Perfect Player on LG WebOS and a Firestick. Identical issue on every device and app.

I'm in Germany using a Fritzbox router and must have configured this to every combination of relevant settings I could think of. I'd be more than happy to try suggestions if you have any. I can't stand being defeated by this kind of thing, especially considering how well this worked for me before I moved house. I've just got to the point where I can't think of anything else I could try.

I will pm you if you haven't tried Smarters Pro,have you ?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 06:54:35 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1054 on: August 13, 2019, 07:19:09 pm »
I will pm you if you haven't tried Smarters Pro,have you ?
I haven't. Should I try it with their normal setup or is there something else you have in mind?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: August 13, 2019, 07:52:26 pm »
I haven't. Should I try it with their normal setup or is there something else you have in mind?

Yeah,I'm busy tonight but I'll PM you tomorrow,you just need your Global log in details.

Offline arsestar

• Main Stander
« Reply #1056 on: August 13, 2019, 08:13:31 pm »

Mate, if you're bothered.. Signup via dazn Spain.. I done so a day before our game v Norwich, I paid via Google pay and its costing me £4.50ish as opposed to the higher rate on the Canada site

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1057 on: August 13, 2019, 08:36:05 pm »
Mate, if you're bothered.. Signup via dazn Spain.. I done so a day before our game v Norwich, I paid via Google pay and its costing me £4.50ish as opposed to the higher rate on the Canada site
Cheers for this. I actually tried to sign up via Brazil, which was the cheapest I could find, but there was a block identifying my VPN during sign up. This block doesn't seem be there for Spain. But do you think the rate you have was part of an initial promotion? I can only see a 9.99 monthly fee for Spain. Either way, I'm on a free trial at the moment and will sign up via Spain when it's up, if I still can't do it via Brazil.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1058 on: August 14, 2019, 08:06:35 am »
Yeah,I'm busy tonight but I'll PM you tomorrow,you just need your Global log in details.
Downloaded this and it works really well in some territories when I set it to ''Hardware decoding''. Thanks a lot. If you have any ideas to optimise this further I'm all ears.

Offline Fighting Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • I wouldn't ride her into battle !!!
« Reply #1059 on: August 14, 2019, 10:29:58 am »
Happy to report in Dublin, supplier had EPL block covered, no VPN required, loads of mates subs went down as expected.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: August 14, 2019, 03:49:49 pm »
Downloaded this and it works really well in some territories when I set it to ''Hardware decoding''. Thanks a lot. If you have any ideas to optimise this further I'm all ears.

If you're trying to use a vpn on Global without permission then that’s your problem,you usually wouldn't be able to get any channels working but if/when you do then the setup they use would kick you out without permission.

Stupid because it's only people our side of the pond who need that permission.

PM me the url that you are using for global in smarters pro.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #1061 on: August 14, 2019, 04:18:15 pm »
If you're trying to use a vpn on Global without permission then that’s your problem,you usually wouldn't be able to get any channels working but if/when you do then the setup they use would kick you out without permission.

Stupid because it's only people our side of the pond who need that permission.

PM me the url that you are using for global in smarters pro.

I already have permission. It's all good now - thanks.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #1062 on: August 14, 2019, 04:39:05 pm »
Last time I used a VPN was before the blocks on premier league games. Used to use SM. Looking to get a sub for somewhere. I know I'll likely need a VPN. I'd like to install it via the firestick preferably.

Cheers.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: August 14, 2019, 09:40:08 pm »
Revo abysmal again tonight.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1064 on: August 15, 2019, 08:16:14 am »

Yep wasn't great for me. Managed to watch the game but had to continually switch between FHD, HD, HD Backup and SD to beat the buffering.

When a provider gets too popular it usually ends up this way. Are you using anything as backup by any chance? Been looking around for one but can't find anything.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: August 15, 2019, 08:31:02 am »
Yep wasn't great for me. Managed to watch the game but had to continually switch between FHD, HD, HD Backup and SD to beat the buffering.

When a provider gets too popular it usually ends up this way. Are you using anything as backup by any chance? Been looking around for one but can't find anything.

Of course when you go onto the forum, it's ok for the moderators, so it's your problem. Absolutely nothing to do with their increasingly shoddy service.
Gonna get a new one on payday from a mate of a mate.

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #1066 on: August 15, 2019, 07:03:40 pm »
Are people still using Global or is there someone better now? My Global sub has just expired so need to renew with someone.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline NIRed44

• Main Stander
« Reply #1067 on: August 16, 2019, 10:25:40 am »
Of course when you go onto the forum, it's ok for the moderators, so it's your problem. Absolutely nothing to do with their increasingly shoddy service.
Gonna get a new one on payday from a mate of a mate.
Yeah I've been having huge issues with their catchup as well. Almost never works right and can sometimes just flat out be unwatchable. Not complaining too hard as it obviously isn't their priority but not ideal.

Any chance of a PM if your new one is boss? ha

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: August 16, 2019, 11:24:24 am »
The thing with Iptv is people think they should pay for one service and be okay. Unfortunately with anything such as this, where authorities are clamping down its best to go for 2 or 3 a year and monitor them. I pay about 100-120 a year. Which is about 2 months of a full subscription sky package might cost you. But I get every game in the world, every TV channel I could want. I get movies and series in great quality. If one goes down another one works. I've not missed a single game in 3 years that is broadcast. Get a decent VPN to.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #1069 on: August 16, 2019, 11:26:11 am »
The thing with Iptv is people think they should pay for one service and be okay. Unfortunately with anything such as this, where authorities are clamping down its best to go for 2 or 3 a year and monitor them. I pay about 100-120 a year. Which is about 2 months of a full subscription sky package might cost you. But I get every game in the world, every TV channel I could want. I get movies and series in great quality. If one goes down another one works. I've not missed a single game in 3 years that is broadcast. Get a decent VPN to.

Who do you use mate?

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1070 on: August 16, 2019, 03:49:17 pm »

You mind PM'ing me with your providers? Been looking for some decent backups.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: August 16, 2019, 11:26:40 pm »

I've been with Revo nearly 2 years now. I've got more than my money's worth. But it's gone to shit and all you see in the forum is "Its ok here bud, must be something your end," "Reset your router bud, I'm watching in FHD here," "Its not our problem bud, your 80mb fibre broadband and 4k TV isn't good enough bud because every moderator in the forum has a perfect picture bud so everything is ok bud." Bunch of wankers to be honest.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: August 16, 2019, 11:32:30 pm »
I've been with Revo nearly 2 years now. I've got more than my money's worth. But it's gone to shit and all you see in the forum is "Its ok here bud, must be something your end," "Reset your router bud, I'm watching in FHD here," "Its not our problem bud, your 80mb fibre broadband and 4k TV isn't good enough bud because every moderator in the forum has a perfect picture bud so everything is ok bud." Bunch of wankers to be honest.

I thought your name was Barney.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: August 17, 2019, 01:09:23 am »

I thought your name was Barney.

Everyone on there is called bud it seems.

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #1074 on: August 17, 2019, 08:01:56 pm »

Revo was terrible for me on wednesday night. Stuttering every ten seconds on all channels. My mate and father in law have revo too and theirs was grand. Today I watched the first half of the pool game in work on my phone via 4G without a blipp. Got home tonite, city game on firestick again unwatchable. I unplugged everything, router tv, firesticks and rebooted. Everything playing fine now. Revo is def not as reliable as it once  but I give them the benefit of the doubt that my internet was just shite recently.

HTH
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline arsestar

• Main Stander
« Reply #1075 on: August 17, 2019, 08:11:43 pm »
I got iptv as a backup to dazn, I went with some guys running it off a telegram group.. £30 for the year.. 200 odd members atm, no vpn needed, I think there was one freeze for 2 seconds before it came back.. Had it on all day and can't really fault it.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1076 on: August 19, 2019, 08:17:02 am »
Gotta say that Revo was very good for me on the weekend. Watched all the Arsenal, Liverpool. City and Chelsea games without much trouble. They've mostly been very reliable and all without VPN too, hope it continues.

I got iptv as a backup to dazn, I went with some guys running it off a telegram group.. £30 for the year.. 200 odd members atm, no vpn needed, I think there was one freeze for 2 seconds before it came back.. Had it on all day and can't really fault it.

Can ya PM me with the details please mate?

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #1077 on: August 20, 2019, 11:18:31 am »
What's the best VPN to use on a Firestick?

I've never used one with my IPTV but might invest for this one.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline scotkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: August 21, 2019, 12:12:11 pm »
Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but is it worth going with a VPN even if you’re able to access all channels, just to cover your back?

Online dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: August 21, 2019, 02:08:54 pm »
Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but is it worth going with a VPN even if you’re able to access all channels, just to cover your back?

i would as bound to get blocked sooner or later
ive been fine without it last few weeks
has any providers been blocked yet ?