Author Topic: help spyware help  (Read 787 times)

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
help spyware help
« on: August 21, 2010, 03:11:53 pm »
Some shitty spyware called security tool has popped, stopped me accessing task manager and malwarebytes, i cant remove the fucker that way so what shall i do?

please help urgent!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 04:21:48 pm by Barney_Rubble »
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: HELP SPYWARE HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 03:46:21 pm »
Have you tried restarting in Safe Mode? Press F8 when you first turn on the PC (when the manufacturer logo pops up) and choose Safe Mode. Then try running Malwarebytes from there.

Also download SuperAntiSpyware (from superantispyware.com) and install that, you can try running that in safe mode too.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 03:49:05 pm »

Are you on Windows 95?

87:13

Offline Cribertinokes

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 03:50:12 pm »
Im on Windows 7 and in a lot of trouble, its disabled all my executables.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 03:58:25 pm »

I'm still on XP and first off I'd go to Start > Run > type msconfig and ENTER

Which shows me a list of all processes that run at startup. De-select anything that shouldn't run at startup.

Not sure what the routine would be for doing that in W7 though...

Offline Cribertinokes

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 03:59:24 pm »
Will do that, cheers Barney.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 04:00:38 pm »
I'm still on XP and first off I'd go to Start > Run > type msconfig and ENTER

Which shows me a list of all processes that run at startup. De-select anything that shouldn't run at startup.

Not sure what the routine would be for doing that in W7 though...

windows 7 is Windows Button -> msconfig (in the bar that says search for files and programs)

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 04:04:26 pm »
You could also try running Rkill - follow this guide which is specifically for removing security tool - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-tool

Offline Cribertinokes

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 04:05:40 pm »
You could also try running Rkill - follow this guide which is specifically for removing security tool - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-tool

I've tried that but it's making me run files on FTP and PHP for it, I don't have a club how to do that.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 04:06:24 pm »

If that's no help, it could be something like a browser hijacker.

System Restore?

Safe mode and run malwarebytes?

I'd probably disconnect from the net before a restart.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 04:19:49 pm »
I've tried that but it's making me run files on FTP and PHP for it, I don't have a club how to do that.

Am I reading a different guide? The one I posted doesn't have any steps involving PHP or FTP  :-\

You just follow it through, download Rkill, run it, download Malwarebytes, rename it and run it, download the hosts file fixer and run it. That's it.

Offline Cribertinokes

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
Re: help spyware help
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 04:56:41 pm »
Ahhhhh a clean computer ;D Cheers for the help Barney, Paul and Chakan ;D