Author Topic: Curtis Jones  (Read 591519 times)

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Curtis Jones
« Reply #2840 on: November 1, 2021, 09:23:11 pm »
Ah statistics! Tells you everything and nothing. To quote Mark Twain: “Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable.”

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2841 on: November 1, 2021, 09:54:23 pm »
He has started 16 games, won 6, drawn 6, lost 4
He has not started 32 games, won 20, drawn 7, lost 5
Great example of shit statistics.
Jones matches are not a random sample. He starts when we have injuries and have to play a weakened side. It means nothing.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2842 on: November 1, 2021, 10:09:40 pm »
Jones matches are not a random sample. He starts when we have injuries and have to play a weakened side. It means nothing.

I don't think you're making the point you mean to make....

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2843 on: November 1, 2021, 10:10:00 pm »

For betting purposes it's very instructive. The win ratio when Jones is selected to start drops from 62.5% to 37.5%. That's a big difference and you very rarely see the bookies change the odds that much even if we have a few injuries.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2844 on: November 1, 2021, 10:12:36 pm »
For betting purposes it's very instructive. The win ratio when Jones is selected to start drops from 62.5% to 37.5%. That's a big difference and you very rarely see the bookies change the odds that much even if we have a few injuries.
You might want to look up our league win rate with Adrian starting compared to Alisson to see why with and without stats are rubbish
« Last Edit: November 1, 2021, 10:17:14 pm by Chris~ »

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2845 on: November 1, 2021, 10:34:22 pm »
You might want to look up our league win rate with Adrian starting compared to Alisson to see why with and without stats are rubbish

There's not really a good data set for that particular comparison. However the same data set for Keita shows a win ratio of 75% and for Thiago it's 55%. That means if I'm considering a bet I will have more confidence of winning if Keita is starting.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2846 on: November 1, 2021, 10:35:27 pm »
There's not really a good data set for that particular comparison.
Why?

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2847 on: November 1, 2021, 10:42:02 pm »
Why?
He's only played 3 games. I'd want a minimum of 10 for any meaningful trend to be identified. (That's league games past 2 seasons)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2848 on: November 1, 2021, 11:09:38 pm »
How the fuck is Curtis Jones being pointed at for our losses

He isn't.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2849 on: November 1, 2021, 11:19:15 pm »
I think Lallana was exactly what you criticize, easy on the eye and a nice guy, but little end product. He had one decent season, which wasn't even that great, and then basically nothing. I think Jones will have a better career.

Lallana was a superb footballer. I think Jones will be too.

Liverpool players. In every sense of the word.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2850 on: November 1, 2021, 11:27:12 pm »

That’s daft, stats need more context than cherry picking one number. Why would you base your decision on one player? What about the other players starting and their win rates. Correlation ain’t causation baby.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2851 on: November 2, 2021, 12:00:15 am »
He's only played 3 games. I'd want a minimum of 10 for any meaningful trend to be identified. (That's league games past 2 seasons)

Not into betting myself but yeah this sort of stuff along with lots of other stats must come in useful when trying to gain an edge.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2852 on: November 2, 2021, 01:10:54 am »
Not into betting myself but yeah this sort of stuff along with lots of other stats must come in useful when trying to gain an edge.

If you’re a gambling addict using stats to justify your punts. Picking the win percentage when Jones plays while ignoring the other 10 players... You may as well look at the correlation between the colour of Klopp’s underpants and the win rate. Stats need context not cherry picking.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline ep1987

• Emiliano Insua head coach
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2853 on: November 2, 2021, 02:27:45 am »
04/23 Oct-21 injured Injured -> Groin Injury
24-Oct-21   Man Utd   0:5   Liverpool   In27
27-Oct-21   Preston   0:2   Liverpool    Out 91
30-Oct-21   Liverpool   2:2   Brighton   Out 87   

No-one under consideration for Brighton should have played more than 45 mins in the League Cup. We could have given Ox and Jones a half each; surely Dixon-Bonner could have done a job against Preston.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2854 on: November 2, 2021, 07:46:19 am »
Played 14 games over 19/20 and 20/21. Once Alisson's numbers tumbled with our bad runs in 20/21 at that point you'd have been more confident with Adrian starting?
« Last Edit: November 2, 2021, 07:48:25 am by Chris~ »

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2855 on: November 2, 2021, 08:44:18 am »
Played 14 games over 19/20 and 20/21. Once Alisson's numbers tumbled with our bad runs in 20/21 at that point you'd have been more confident with Adrian starting?

Ah my bad, this season and last, not 19/20. The same as the other time frames I used. Stats are just the starting point for deciding bets not the single deciding factor, as a previous poster stated it's used to find edges over bookmakers odds. I'm sure it's boring as hell to most people but these things do interest me.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #2856 on: November 2, 2021, 08:59:27 am »
All the stats are heavily skewed by us having no senior central defenders for most of last season. They really are meaningless if you're saying we lost more with one midfielder over another.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2857 on: November 2, 2021, 09:01:42 am »
All the stats are heavily skewed by us having no senior central defenders for most of last season. They really are meaningless if you're saying we lost more with one midfielder over another.

Particularly when we were only losing two of those games that he started when he was on the pitch, and the other two went to absolute shit once he was subbed.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2858 on: November 2, 2021, 09:04:16 am »
50% of the time, we lose every time.
😆
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2859 on: November 2, 2021, 11:28:56 am »

Correct. It's fucking bonkers to try and make any meaningful judgments based on last season.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2860 on: November 2, 2021, 11:45:12 am »
He is one of those that look like they are playing too casually.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2861 on: November 4, 2021, 08:10:19 am »
Jurgen Klopp believes that Liverpool midfielder Curtis Jones “needs to lie down for a week” after suffering an injury in training this week.

The youth academy product missed Liverpool’s 2-0 win against Atletico Madrid in the Champions League.

Speaking before the game to BT Sport, Klopp said: “Unfortunately we lost Curtis Jones last night in training. He had a finger to the eye.

“Some of the things that can happen in life are extraordinary!”

He then added to beIN post-match: “You need to be lucky with injuries here and there, and we are not that lucky. Especially in midfield.

“Last night in training, Curtis got a finger to the eye and cannot see out of it. He needs to lie down for a week.”

https://theathletic.com/news/liverpools-curtis-jones-needs-to-lie-down-for-a-week-after-eye-injury/U3gQGBBn9o20/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2862 on: November 4, 2021, 04:16:22 pm »
Jurgen Klopp believes that Liverpool midfielder Curtis Jones “needs to lie down for a week” after suffering an injury in training this week.

The youth academy product missed Liverpool’s 2-0 win against Atletico Madrid in the Champions League.

Speaking before the game to BT Sport, Klopp said: “Unfortunately we lost Curtis Jones last night in training. He had a finger to the eye.

“Some of the things that can happen in life are extraordinary!”

He then added to beIN post-match: “You need to be lucky with injuries here and there, and we are not that lucky. Especially in midfield.

“Last night in training, Curtis got a finger to the eye and cannot see out of it. He needs to lie down for a week.”

https://theathletic.com/news/liverpools-curtis-jones-needs-to-lie-down-for-a-week-after-eye-injury/U3gQGBBn9o20/

well that sounds a bit bad! ALthough I am pressuming the cant see out of it is due to swelling from being poked in the eye!

Hopefully he’ll be back quite soon, similar to how Bobby got over that mad eye injury too, which looked awful at the time.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2863 on: November 4, 2021, 04:25:05 pm »
I'm guessing Klopp just doesn't want him going on international duty with the U21s after what happened last time. I'm guessing he'll be training at Kirkby next week with those players not away and will be available for the Arsenal game after the international break.

Offline PaintItRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #2864 on: November 4, 2021, 05:11:44 pm »
well that sounds a bit bad! ALthough I am pressuming the cant see out of it is due to swelling from being poked in the eye!

Hopefully he’ll be back quite soon, similar to how Bobby got over that mad eye injury too, which looked awful at the time.

My guess is that it is a hyphaema (bleeding into the anterior chamber of the eye). Hence why he cannot see out of his eye (it's like looking into/ through a cloud) and the bed rest. Activity could cause further bleeding.
Bill Shankly:

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.

In my time at Anfield we always said we had the two best teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2865 on: November 4, 2021, 07:47:01 pm »
Poor old Curtis.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2866 on: November 5, 2021, 03:35:47 am »
Sakes.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2867 on: November 5, 2021, 01:43:18 pm »
My guess is that it is a hyphaema (bleeding into the anterior chamber of the eye). Hence why he cannot see out of his eye (it's like looking into/ through a cloud) and the bed rest. Activity could cause further bleeding.

If it is this, he will be asked to rest for a while and then possibly wear goggles. Edgar Davids reborn.

Reckon we won't see him until December now if so.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2868 on: December 19, 2021, 11:48:50 am »
Supremely excited about his return - was just remembering the Porto game.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #2869 on: December 19, 2021, 12:13:39 pm »
Weird.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2870 on: December 19, 2021, 12:34:10 pm »
pretty shitty start of the season for him so far.A bit start stop and not gaining any momentum.

A freak eye injury during training and then covid.

he still have half a season to impress and develop. With maybe keita leaving for afcon, there is a space for him in midfield to step up.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2871 on: January 2, 2022, 06:31:16 pm »
Welcome back! Get used to that left wing, as you’re gonna be needed there.

Actually think it might suit him more and let him off the leash a bit.
AHA!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2872 on: January 2, 2022, 06:39:05 pm »
Good to have him back and agree we could see him in one of the forward positions for a few matches.  He can definitely play there, even if he's more suited as a midfielder.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2873 on: January 2, 2022, 07:32:23 pm »
Was good to see him, when was his last game for us?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2874 on: January 2, 2022, 07:33:03 pm »
Delighted to see the lad back. We need his confidence in the side and his ability to progress the ball up the field quickly

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2875 on: January 2, 2022, 07:33:12 pm »

He played tonight, mate.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2876 on: January 2, 2022, 07:36:40 pm »

End of this oct against Brighton I think

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2877 on: January 2, 2022, 10:00:27 pm »
He's going to have to put in those Porto away performances this month - starting with Thursday.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2878 on: January 2, 2022, 10:07:57 pm »
Looking forward to having him back in the side.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #2879 on: January 2, 2022, 10:10:52 pm »
He's going to have to put in those Porto away performances this month - starting with Thursday.

There's a long-term midfield birth waiting. It's up to him now. Big half season coming up for him.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?