Author Topic: RAWK Adonis aka Fitness Thread...  (Read 234890 times)

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
Re: RAWK Fitness Thread...
« Reply #280 on: July 28, 2007, 10:52:51 am »
but terri you're slim anyhow my dear! big changes i've made this week are: skimmed milk and buying creme caramel/choc mousses from asda. cannot not have something sweet after dinner so might as well get something with hardly any calories.
sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #281 on: July 28, 2007, 10:54:03 am »
been swimming every week day bar one for the last two weeks, i'm dead proud of meself and i think i'm becoming addicted to swimming, which can only be a good thing
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Pheeny

« Reply #282 on: July 28, 2007, 02:02:14 pm »
been swimming every week day bar one for the last two weeks, i'm dead proud of meself and i think i'm becoming addicted to swimming, which can only be a good thing
at least you'll be clean.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #283 on: July 28, 2007, 11:48:07 pm »
had key hole surgery on my right knee 3 weeks ago,  after not being able to do any cardio of note longer than two / three weeks at a time for the past 18 months.

satisfyingly, the surgeon removed some bone and cleaned out my knee joint and told me Ive got a problem with my cruciate, that will requite physion not surgery.

I'm getting Married in 5 weeks, so unfortunately  I'm nearly 2 stone over what i regard as my fighting weight.
Can't wait till after the wedding so I can get back in shape.

Pheeny

« Reply #284 on: July 29, 2007, 10:50:54 am »
why do you have to wait until after the wedding?

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2007, 04:40:58 pm »
why do you have to wait until after the wedding?

Because I can just about walk up stairs without the need for crutches.
i just need to loose weight, I'm lucky in that i was seriously in to the weights up until my early twenties, so maintain a relativity decent physique without having to do anything, Ive just got a bit of a gut and the only thing to loose that will be lots of cardio.
Went the gym yesterday, did 10 Min's on the bike and then some light weights on my quads and hamstrings.
Stupidly, I though footy players are only out for 3 weeks and are back out playing again, they must get intensive physio.
The doctor told me it would be about 8 weeks before I'll be able to exercise properly, so the 8 weeks takes me just past the wedding.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 04:53:58 pm by DosyMickKeane »

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2007, 04:51:24 pm »
been swimming every week day bar one for the last two weeks,

so you've only been swimming for one week then?
Watch your back.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2007, 05:42:04 pm »

Looks more like he's been swimming on 9 weekdays out of the last ten to me, since he's been every weekday bar one.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #288 on: July 29, 2007, 08:13:21 pm »

no 9 days, can't you count?
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2007, 08:15:59 pm »
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: August 15, 2007, 05:44:38 pm »
What is the best time to exercise? I was told not to exercise at night because apparently your stomache muscles constrict when you exercise and it isn't good to sleep in that state. ???
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 07:07:53 pm by LFCMunkee »
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #291 on: August 15, 2007, 06:10:57 pm »
Just finished a book called  Moon Time: The Art of Harmony with Nature and Lunar .

It tells you how to eat and exercise in tandom with the moon cycles.

Interesting stuff.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2007, 07:24:39 pm »
What is the best time to exercise? I was told not to exercise at night because apparently your stomache muscles constrict when you exercise and it isn't good to sleep in that state. ???

Doubt that really. You shouldn't exercise at night because the hormones released in your body after exercise have the potential to give you a sleepless night.
Watch your back.

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2007, 07:47:22 pm »
Doubt that really. You shouldn't exercise at night because the hormones released in your body after exercise have the potential to give you a sleepless night.

I can't sleep if I don't exercise. :D
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: August 21, 2007, 07:10:52 pm »
Need to start going on jogs again and cut out the alcohol. My belly is getting far too big for my liking.

Offline Roberts LFC

• Has left the building
  • Kopite
« Reply #295 on: August 23, 2007, 10:55:36 pm »
Need to start going on jogs again and cut out the alcohol. My belly is getting far too big for my liking.

Same here mate, ive been training hard but still got the belly despite the rest of my body is firming up well, must be fluid

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #296 on: August 23, 2007, 11:13:57 pm »
I can't sleep if I don't exercise. :D

Understandably so, mate. Exercise has a positive effect on insomnia to be honest.
Watch your back.

Offline BlaugranaPride

• Kopite
« Reply #297 on: August 23, 2007, 11:21:59 pm »
me 1 year ago practice boxing here in barcelona if that is considering fitness, oh, and fuck you shangtsung mate :D
MÉS QUE UN CLUB

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #298 on: August 24, 2007, 05:21:36 am »
BlaugranaPride is simply a fat bastard.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 05:34:40 am by shangtsung »
Watch your back.

Offline BlaugranaPride

• Kopite
« Reply #299 on: August 24, 2007, 03:00:24 pm »
 :lmao
MÉS QUE UN CLUB

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #300 on: October 1, 2007, 10:34:24 pm »
posted in the general footie and sport thread about yoga. anybody else indulge? thoughts please.
sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: October 2, 2007, 06:25:08 pm »
Same here mate, ive been training hard but still got the belly despite the rest of my body is firming up well, must be fluid
I play football 5 times a week and walk into & home from town twice a week so exercise isn't my problem - it's just having the self control to stop drinking.

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
« Reply #302 on: October 2, 2007, 06:26:25 pm »
i went gym again today
isnt that amazingggggg
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #303 on: October 2, 2007, 06:40:09 pm »
Been going to the gym twice a week (on and off) for about two years now.

I wish I was more toned but it is an improvement on how I looked in 2005.

Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: October 2, 2007, 06:46:01 pm »
I played cricket on Sunday (hadn't played for about a month) and I haven't been able to do anything for the last two days....my entire muscle system has completely seized up. 

I think I'll have to start doing some extra stretching or someyoga or something to get myself a bit more supple.  I've also got to try and get rid of these shin splints...they're fucking murder.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline juggly

• Main Stander
« Reply #305 on: October 2, 2007, 07:03:18 pm »
I've also got to try and get rid of these shin splints...they're fucking murder.

Absolute nightmare them mate. Had to take about 2 months off running, footy etc as i had done a bit off damage by ignoring it constantly. Try running on grass and soft ground. Also get yourself along to natterjacks running centre, got a pair of trainers from there and havnt had any problems at all, they even get you to run so as to check where the most pressure goes.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: October 2, 2007, 07:18:41 pm »
Been going to the gym twice a week (on and off) for about two years now.

I wish I was more toned but it is an improvement on how I looked in 2005.

that a blag ???

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #307 on: October 2, 2007, 07:26:07 pm »
that a blag ???

Nope 100% real.

Took the pic a couple of days ago.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: October 2, 2007, 08:43:54 pm »
Nope 100% real.

Took the pic a couple of days ago.

any advice you can give me on what to do or some kind of plan...... need to tone up more than anything asap

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #309 on: October 2, 2007, 09:12:25 pm »
Had eased off it a little bit in the last 3 months but now I am back on the market again [by mutual consent admittedly] have started it up again to a serious level

Also want to develop a bit more body strength maybe for cricket next summer [want to become a hard hitting batter and maybe add a bit of medium pace bowling and perhaps a bit more pace to my spin bowling too as it's a bit too slow] and for maybe a return to playing football next winter as I want my general fitness to make up for a lack of real playing skill. Eating plenty of protein and on creatine tabs

My brother wangled a punchbag from his residence warden at Uni and have been working on that the last couple of weeks, plus bar/free weights, rowing, bike etc which I have at home so saves on gym fees...decided to up it from once/twice a week to 5/6 times. Alternating between cardio/ weights each day. That plus a 4 mile round walk to work from the station. Knackering but hope it will pay off

Anyone got any other things they could suggest please feel free and would be much appreciated   :)
« Last Edit: October 2, 2007, 09:18:24 pm by Rizla »

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: October 2, 2007, 09:20:10 pm »
Been the gym twice today and 45 minutes swimming. I think I may be dying. Only two sessions tomorrow thank fuck.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Razor™

• Wellzy is a Taffy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #311 on: October 2, 2007, 09:20:28 pm »
Going to the Gym 5 times a week at the moment and swimming 20 lengths a day in a bid to seriously kick start some weight loss, in bed at 10 pm most nights cos im fucked ;D Oh and i'm eating like a horse..
Liverpools where i belong, in my mersey paradise.
Guaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapa!!

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #312 on: October 2, 2007, 09:39:42 pm »
any advice you can give me on what to do or some kind of plan...... need to tone up more than anything asap

My new routine is high volume, 4 days per week, each muscle group gets hit twice per week (once as high effort, the other low effort).

Split:

Monday
Focus: Chest, Lats
Secondary: Biceps, Delts

Tuesday:
Focus: Quads
Secondary: Calves, Traps

Wednesday:
OFF/CARDIO

Thursday:
Focus: Shoulders, Triceps
Secondary: Chest, Lats

Friday:
Focus: Hamstrings
Secondary: Calves, Forearms

(oh and eat the right food  ;) )
« Last Edit: October 2, 2007, 09:42:31 pm by Cusamano »

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You've just got to let them know you exist
« Reply #313 on: October 18, 2007, 08:14:00 pm »
Cusamano, what do you do in terms of reps/sets, and is it just the one exercise per muscle group, or more per each?

Need to get back in the routine because my clothes are feeling a lot tighter. Either that or our washing machine has suddenly started shrinking everything...
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

XBL: MisiuPysiu / PSN: PysiuMisiu
Gamestyle articles what I wrote.

Offline mikek1984

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: October 18, 2007, 08:19:21 pm »
heres what im doin for the next couple of months

goin gym

mon, wed , fri

ive found over the years that going more than this means i cant actually do the weights properly.. my body needs at least a days rest between sessions

hence why when i go on a monday after having the weekend off i feel so aliveeeeeee

currently im running before my weights
ive found that although my body is quite tired, im so warm and stretched to an extent that the recovery period after weights is less

i find if i go and do weights 'cold' then the next day im alot more stiff

i put the ole running maching on about 11.5 and each time i go the gym i try and run an extra minute
so today i ran 24 mins and hopefully on monday i will do 25 mins

as for weights i do 8 different things.. split into 2 sets of 4

monday i will do A, wed B, friday, A and the next monday B and so forth

A is a bench press on about 65kg at the moment
the straight bar with about 30kg on it
14kg dumb bells to do my upper back etc
and 80 sit ups

B is my traps, my biceps, my triceps and shoulder and my chest and shoulder but different area

i do 5 sets of 7 reps for each one

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2007, 09:29:14 pm »
Nothing else to do so here you go

Monday - Upper body weight workout - Chest, Back, Shoulders, Bi's & Tri's.  5 sets (12-10-8-6-24 reps)
Tue - 45 minute Cardio
Wed - Lower body weight workout - hams, quads, calves & situps, 5 sets (12-10-8-6-24 reps)In the PM Tennis weather allowing
Thur - 45 min Cardio
Fri - Same as Monday
Sat - Usually racquet ball or hike a couple of hours
Sun - off

Depending on how my knees feel I usually go for a 3 mile run 2 - 3 times a week as well

Start it all over again the next week but just do lower body twice this time

Benefits - Lost 18 lbs in 6 or so months from 196 to 178. Goal is 165. Body Fat % 26 to 20. Goal 15%. In terms of strength I initially struggled to bench 135 lbs x 12 times, now can finish with 230 lbs x 6. Considering I weigh 180 approx then that is a huge gain.

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2007, 10:59:45 pm »
Add powerful compound movements and you can't go wrong ;)

clean & press's

bench press (although I normally use dumbells cause of shoulders)

squat (need good foundation, naturally increases testosterone )

then i'd normally do more isolation exercises to really fatigue the muscle, I think this is the 'business' end of the session, breaking a new pain barrier and getting a few extra reps/kg's than your last workout, incorporating all of this on the specific days of course

i haven't been gym in 7 months though, due to dodgy injury, so be safe kids ;)

surprisingly haven't lost much size at all...

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2007, 09:39:03 am »
Thought id drop an update in here on my own progress.

I added a post on here a few months ago when i was starting forcing myself into the right habits having spent years in the oh so wrong ones. That being, what i eat, when i eat, how much i eat, and the amount of exercise i do.

I have consistantly been doing an hour cardio 3 or 4 times a week (mainly playing squash, or X-Trainer if i cant get on the squash court) and have been working on the weights 3 or 4 times a week also for around an hour, generally doing a general overview each time including all muscle groups. I generally do 3 sets of 10 reps on each exercise and have been gradually upping the weight as i have got used to it.

Also been doing 2 sets of 30 sit ups dailly.

Since i started i have dropped from a 34/36 inch waist to 30 in most, occasionally 32 dependant on make (i dont weigh myself by the way, rathr go on how i look than what i weigh).

I have managed to lose a lot of the excess fat that i was carrying and feel a lot better for it. I have also got used to better (healthier food) and the smaller portions, and could not begin to try and stomach the size portions that i used to.

One thing that i wanted to ask you guys though was, how long did it take you to begin really adding some muscle to your frame?

I have noticed a difference, but not a huge one. I am now lifting significantly more than when i started but havent noticed a massive difference in physique. Am i being impatient here? Anyone got any tips from their own experiences?

Cheers.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline mikek1984

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: October 19, 2007, 01:12:03 pm »
if youve been doing it a few months then you should be seeing a difference

maybe the way you are doing the weights is the issue?

on the bench press for example i will do 5 sets of 7

and do  e.g 60kg, 65kg, 70kg, 65kg, 60kg

that works well for me that type of technique

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #319 on: October 19, 2007, 01:25:29 pm »
if youve been doing it a few months then you should be seeing a difference

maybe the way you are doing the weights is the issue?

on the bench press for example i will do 5 sets of 7

and do  e.g 60kg, 65kg, 70kg, 65kg, 60kg

that works well for me that type of technique

Is it generally more effective to do more sets of lower numbers of reps than the other way round?

As in would i be better doing 5 or 6 sets or 6 or 7 than 3 sets of 10 - 12

At present i am doing (as an example with bicep curl) 3 sets of 10 - 54kg, 54kg, 47kg.
Same with most of the others, starting higher and finishing lower.

Would i be better starting lower - peaking - and then reducing the weight back down?
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854