Author Topic: RAWK Adonis aka Fitness Thread...  (Read 234874 times)

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
Re: RAWK Fitness Thread...
« Reply #240 on: June 2, 2007, 05:55:54 pm »
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You've just got to let them know you exist
« Reply #241 on: June 2, 2007, 06:03:45 pm »
Some inspiration to all us fact hunters:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/6612719.stm

:o

Loved the line about being heavier than a Japanese car! A car!
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

XBL: MisiuPysiu / PSN: PysiuMisiu
Gamestyle articles what I wrote.

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: June 7, 2007, 05:26:16 pm »
Managed a slow, slow, slow 10K last night. Furthest I've run since my third marathon last October. Was a struggle but good to know deep down there is still a bit of stamina. Just need to work on speed now!

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #243 on: June 7, 2007, 08:09:30 pm »
I lost a lot of weight, most of it was fat from when I was laid up, i went up to 20 stone with me not being able to excercise or anything for ages after my accident. Anyway, ive lost a lot, now im 14stone, back boxing and that but im going to bulk up a bit more. Wouldnt mind being a solid 16-17stone of muscle.

Do lots of working out, my job is really heavy work, Im always in the gym when im not at work as well. Usually doing 12 rounds on the punch bag or sparring in the ring. I dont like running, hate it in fact. I just find it so boring.

I love doing weights, especially those flat out sessions, make you powerful and explosive etc. Ive always been powerful and very strong but since ive gotten into weights properly I can bench twice as much as i could before. Im loving it, now ive just got to knock the fags, booze, dope, the occasional line of charlie and the odd wrap of Billy on the head and ill be sorted. Its a great feeling being fit.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Pheeny

« Reply #244 on: June 7, 2007, 08:25:56 pm »
I've lost almost 2 1/2 stone since taking up cycling.Its not the same as running but at least the back pain has gone.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #245 on: June 7, 2007, 08:45:50 pm »
Am seeing a physio tomorrow about me calves, can't run for more than 2-2 and a half minutes solid without them tightening up and causing me to be in agony! No matter how much stretching I do they just won't ease off so have finally had enough! Any RAWKites have a guess of what it could be? Just so I can be prepared!

With my calves and the cartilidge in my knee going I'm not in the best of shape at the moment :(

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #246 on: June 20, 2007, 11:26:36 pm »
As of 00:00, I'm on a diet and I'm becoming part of this thread.

Final straw came a few days ago when I was told by a shop assistant that an item of clothing wasn't made for a man of my size. Didn't realise that I had become a size of my own.

Brief background, 6'2 knocking around the 15 stone mark, would like to shift around 2 stone and ideally would like it to occur within the next 6 months, with the first 3 months being when I want to shift the majoirity.

:wave

Will keep you all posted.
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline Roberts LFC

• Has left the building
  • Kopite
« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2007, 11:30:48 pm »
Its my birthday in July so ive roughly got about 2 weeks to lose half a stone, im gonna go for it, just bladder my cardio training and hit the sauna its gonna be hard but im gonna try and go for it

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2007, 11:31:22 pm »

Final straw came a few days ago when I was told by a shop assistant that an item of clothing wasn't made for a man of my size. Didn't realise that I had become a size of my own.

Brief background, 6'2 knocking around the 15 stone mark, would like to shift around 2 stone and ideally would like it to occur within the next 6 months, with the first 3 months being when I want to shift the majoirity.

Good luck la, get yourself a strict regime that you are able and willing to stick to.
JFT97

Pheeny

« Reply #249 on: June 20, 2007, 11:39:40 pm »
getting/staying fit is wonderful.You can even have a few beers without feeling guilty.

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2007, 04:49:13 pm »
getting/staying fit is wonderful.You can even have a few beers without feeling guilty.

Post-marathon beers also knock you for six at half the normal cost!

Been lifting weights (more for tone than muscle gain) recently because I haven't been able to run (inanimate object + flip-flops + violent stubbing = pain train) Funny, when you can't run you want to do it a whole lot more than usual!

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2007, 02:54:26 am »
I am giving up on running now.  Back to the weight room.  At least I can still eat a lot ;)

To hell with it.

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2007, 12:12:18 pm »

Welcome aboard and good luck :wave

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2007, 12:23:57 pm »

Serious? I'm around about the same as you and easily fit into Large and Extra Large clothes!

Good luck with the diet and fitness regime though!

Right, back to my calves. Went to the physio and he said the calves were fine, it's the achilles in both legs that are fucked! Failed my fitness test because I can't run more than 2 minutes without being in pain, so went to the Dr's on Wednesday and he's referred me to a NHS physio, think this might be a long one :(

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2007, 12:52:59 pm »
think this might be a long one :(

Make sure you're fixed properly before you do any training mate - a dickhead troop sergeant in NI ignored the fact that my calf was getting injured every couple of weeks and kept putting me back on PT over and over again despite me asking him to give me a few weeks off from it to get my relatively minor injury sorted. A couple of years later my knee ligaments finally gave up on trying to hold my whole leg together and snapped.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2007, 01:00:04 pm »
I've had this for a year and half I think, nearing two years probably! Recently it's just become terrible, normally I'd be able to stretch it off but just can't do that now. Fitness problems are starting to do my head in, I'm awaiting an appointment for an MRI scan for me knee and then the achilles as well. I could really do with two new legs!

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2007, 07:54:23 pm »
Need to lose weight myself. Off the beer for me. Already do enough exercise so cutting down on it. Got a mini beer belly  :(

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2007, 08:02:59 pm »
Serious? I'm around about the same as you and easily fit into Large and Extra Large clothes!

It's very strange. I have a long upper body and I'm quite large on top so I struggle to find clothes that fit comfortably. Bottom half is fine, have no problem finding Jeans or anything, it's just for the upper body.

15st 2 is what I weighed on Thursday morning, will give it a fortnight until I weigh myself again.
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2007, 09:55:55 pm »
Am seeing a physio tomorrow about me calves, can't run for more than 2-2 and a half minutes solid without them tightening up and causing me to be in agony! No matter how much stretching I do they just won't ease off so have finally had enough! Any RAWKites have a guess of what it could be? Just so I can be prepared!

With my calves and the cartilidge in my knee going I'm not in the best of shape at the moment :(

Sounds to me like a old fashined case of cramp to me. Should have read rest of thread.

If i where you i'd start taking a couple of calcium tablets a day, one a day type so your getting double the recomended dose & on the day of your run, drink plenty of gatre aid or ask for some eloctrolyte saches from the chemist.

Cramp can be caused by the lack of certain mineral in your muslces & dehydration.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 09:58:10 pm by DosyMickKeane »

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2007, 10:03:06 pm »
I'm going to go sick all summer, I will become a machine ;D

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2007, 11:10:27 pm »
potassium welsh red. eat at least one banana a day. works a treat.

tonight i swam 2k; pleased to start slowly getting back up to distance. back in the training lanes next sunday. also starting training for a 100km ride this week; manchester metric on september 2nd. think a few others on here are doing the full century.

what everyone else been up to?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 11:22:55 pm by saph »
sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: June 25, 2007, 03:03:01 am »
Just had a couple of weeks of no fitness work, immense amounts of alcohol and enough junk food to keep Wayne Rooney happy. Ah well, back to work tomorrow, I've got an hour and a half to kill after my first two training sessions so I think some constructive fitness work is in order!
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2007, 10:27:21 am »
Just had a couple of weeks of no fitness work, immense amounts of alcohol and enough junk food to keep Wayne Rooney happy. Ah well, back to work tomorrow, I've got an hour and a half to kill after my first two training sessions so I think some constructive fitness work is in order!

Lazy shit house.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline jarg of pickled onions

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: June 25, 2007, 10:36:04 am »
My regime is as follows:

Monday - Boxing. 4 rounds skipping, 4 rounds shadow, 4 rounds heavy bag, 2 rounds pads, 2 rounds sparring, 2 rounds speed ball, situps x3, pressups x3
Tuesday - Gym - Run 3 miles on treadmill. Weights - Back and Shoulders. Stomach to finish.
Wednesday - Boxing (See Monday)
Thursday - Gym - Run 3 miles on treadmill. Weights - Chest and Triceps. Stomach to finish.
Friday - Rest.
Saturday - Gym. Run 3 miles on treadmill. Weights - Legs and Biceps. Stomach to finish.
Sunday - Rest

Diet:

6am - Protein Shake
8am - 75g porridge, 4 poached eggs.
10am - Banana

12pm - Tub of tuna/pasta, chicken breast.

5pm - Chicken breast with rice/veg

8:30pm - post workout shake
10pm - Tin tuna.
11pm - Protein shake.

Offline AthaElvis

• Kopite
  • Vault 101 support Rafa too
« Reply #264 on: June 25, 2007, 10:39:08 am »
Ran first competitive 10K yesterday - The Leeds 10K (Jane Tomlinson's Run for All).  Managed to keep enough in the tank for a sprint finish, and a time of 57.40, which I feel is respectable.  Look to get this down to 50 or less next year.

Most annoying thing was that my iPod told me I'd finished when I actually had 700m to go before I actually got in - my Nike+ is obviously not calibrated correctly - probably comes from calibrating it while running on a treadmill, as stride length is shortened on treadmill. So, I've got Lance Armstrong in my ear, congratulating me on running 10K personal best, which is nice, but all my training runs have actually been less than 10K :(
Quote from: Colin Murray, Fighting Talk, 19/05/07
"I'm sick of it.  I'm sick of seeing Liverpool beat teams like Barcelona, and the headlines in English papers read Barcelona lose, instead of Liverpool Win"

Too right, Colin, too right.

Offline Scally McBeal

• Legacy Fan
  • I fought the law and the law won
« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2007, 11:18:08 am »
How are all the new fitness regimes going?

Having always dabbled sporadically in running, I decided to take the opportunity of having a bit more time due to working my notice at work to dedicate myself to it a bit more. For the last five weeks now, I have been going to the gym and running on the dreadmill (and doing a bit of road running too) at least 3 times a week. I can now run 10K fairly easily. I am still just over an hour, though (five weeks ago it took me about 1hr 8 and now it takes about 1hr 1 minute) and aiming to get under an hour comfortably in the next 3 weeks.

The aim is to keep up the running for life, really.  The short-term goal is the Cancer Research 10K my brother and I are doing in Birkenhead Park in early September.

Any tips from you marathon types out there re strength training for runners? I get a bit of knee pain sometimes and, although I think I might need to change my running shoes, I also read that "runner's knee" (which it sounds as though this is) can be partly helped by strengthening your thigh muscles so they keep your knee in alignment.

Also, why the sodding hell am I not losing any weight / inches of my waistline? Am running a minimum of about 24km a week and frequently about 30.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #266 on: July 19, 2007, 12:53:37 pm »
Its always the last place you lose it from, your waist line, stomach and that. Dont worry about it.

Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #267 on: July 19, 2007, 01:18:00 pm »
been swimming 3 times in a week this week down Europa, it's on baby it's on!!!
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Scally McBeal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: July 19, 2007, 02:53:52 pm »
Its always the last place you lose it from, your waist line, stomach and that. Dont worry about it.

Technically, isn't abdominal fat supposed to be the first thing to go?

Just had a bloody awful run. Serves me right for being smug on here earlier.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #269 on: July 19, 2007, 03:00:31 pm »
Since i left school and started driving etc ive gradually got more and more unfit.

I used to play football every night, walk everywhere - until i left school and all the people i used to play sport with joined local teams, of which i didnt want to do so i just stopped, then stopped walking everywhere until i reached the point where i was doing virtually no exercise at all.

About a  couple of months ago i finally cracked and im determined now to get myself back in shape and fit again. Im actually going to cyprus at the end of sepember to meet my girlfriends dad and i dont want his first impression of me to be of an overweight typical brit!

Now i wasn't / am not, 'fat', just seriously unfit and podgy.

Heres an insight into what my average day USED to be like:

(Skip breakfast)

(12:00) Lunch: Pre-packed supermarket sandwhich(triple pack) / chocolate bar / can of lilt.

(16:00) Snack: Pasta / can of lilt.

(22:45) Tea: Cooked dinner - usually bangers and mash or roast dinner etc.

(24:00) Snack: Sandwhich / chocolate.

Exercise: Walking to the car from the house.

I must say the hardest thing i found to do was to put my eating times back in order and start eating breakfast again. The actual swapping what i eat has been pretty painless and i dont miss all the crap at all.

Ive started playing squash and badminton for 2 hours at least 3 times a week (mainly because i enjoy that a lot more than using a running machine or the like).
I also bought a set of weights and a bench (to save on monthly gym fees) and i now work out mon - friday after work for around an hour.
Ive also started doing some delivery driving for a mate before work mon - fri and i make a point now of running between drops etc.

Anyway heres a brief run down of my average routine now:

(07:00) Breakfast: Cereal and skimmed milk (usually fruit and fibre).

(11:00) Snack: Fruit (usually an apple or a banana).

(13:30) Lunch: Ryvita with tuna and low fat dressing / banana and yoghurt OR another bowl of fruit and fibre.

(18:00) Tea: (combination of): Pasta / chicken / brown rice / seafood / veg etc

(Protein and skimmed milk following tea).

I feel so much better than i did already and ive got a lot more energy than i used to as well.
Ive consciously tried to walk more, and started walking my dod more than i used to as well as the trivial things like taking the stairs rather than the lift. Also been cutting back on going out on the lash to once a month max (or if i go out more than that im not drinking).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 03:06:53 pm by Istanbul05 »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #270 on: July 19, 2007, 03:06:23 pm »
Yowch!  Been off work ill for nearly 3 weeks, back in tomorrow.  Just been out to do the first bit of exercise since getting ill, did a mere 15 miles on my bike and my chest felt like Giant Haystacks was sitting on it. Not good. 

Ach, I lost a stone while I was ill, so it's not all gloom, just on the evidence of today it was a stone of muscle rather than fat  >:(
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: July 19, 2007, 04:31:09 pm »
slowly getting there again now, had a couple of weeks off the ale, hit the gym a few times, sorted my sleep pattern out and done the odd thing to work muscles I'm not used to using anymore - trials biking, lake swimming, kayaking, that kind of thing. Added to that pinging a footie round 5 days a week and it's all good.

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #272 on: July 19, 2007, 04:35:14 pm »
short bike commute today and trainer ride tonight probably. need to start increasing my long rides soon. back swimming once a week but hoping to go up to twice soon. put on 8 pounds in 4 months whilst finishing my uni course off through copious amounts of comfort eating. hoping to drop a reasonable amount of that before i go away in september. will be bike commuting 5 days a week soon so that will help.

sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline Squidge

• Is it on Sky?...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: July 19, 2007, 05:47:42 pm »
My Wii tells me my fitness is age 31

Gutted i'm only 26, think i best spend more time in front a the telly practicing to get me fitness up
Monkey monkey do

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2007, 06:03:48 pm »
My Wii tells me my fitness is age 31

Gutted i'm only 26, think i best spend more time in front a the telly practicing to get me fitness up
;D My fitness age is 27 which im quite proud of. I dont want to do it again though incase i go up another twenty years

Anyone thats a bit concerned because of the food they eat and want to lose weight, try reading Paul McKenna's book and listening to his cd. Call me a dick for mentioning it but it really does work. I dont use it myself, but i know somebody who does and it's made them feel a lot better and have lost weight. The good thing about it is that you dont actually have to go on any sort of diet. The key is only eating when you are hungry, it sounds so simple and stupid really, but how many of us are guilty of eating because of boredom or just because there is some nice food in the kitchen cupboard? This guy can help you cut this out, make you lose weight and most importantly make you feel good about yourself.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 06:13:34 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2007, 03:06:43 am »
With regards to eating, as simple as this sounds... if you're eating a meal, put your knife and fork down after every mouthful, and take a sip of your drink before you pick them up again. Your 'full' reaction is delayed when you eat, so taking time to eat meals gives your body more chance to make you feel full when you have actually eaten enough, not 10 minutes later when you've just stuffed another slice of that desert down your throat. Also, the small amounts of water you take will help fill up some of that space inside you, so you'll feel full whilst eating less.

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: July 24, 2007, 09:14:57 pm »
With regards to eating, as simple as this sounds... if you're eating a meal, put your knife and fork down after every mouthful, and take a sip of your drink before you pick them up again. Your 'full' reaction is delayed when you eat, so taking time to eat meals gives your body more chance to make you feel full when you have actually eaten enough, not 10 minutes later when you've just stuffed another slice of that desert down your throat. Also, the small amounts of water you take will help fill up some of that space inside you, so you'll feel full whilst eating less.

Sound advice that. Eating slowly is one of those small adjustments that makes a lot of difference.

Dropped about 4kgs over the past month or so, through a combination of light weights, cardio and improved diet. I did Body Pump tonight. Would thoroughly recommend it as a class for anyone looking for a class at the gym.

Got a long-term target, but right now just focusing on feeling 'fit' again. Something I haven't felt for a year or so.

Offline Scally McBeal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: July 25, 2007, 09:13:29 am »
Sound advice that. Eating slowly is one of those small adjustments that makes a lot of difference.

My problem with this is that I eat everything, no matter slowly I eat it. My mother's refrain of "Think of the starving people in Africa" still echoes across the decades, despite my frequent childhood offers to parcel up the liver and onions and get it sent over there.

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2007, 01:35:59 pm »
My problem with this is that I eat everything, no matter slowly I eat it. My mother's refrain of "Think of the starving people in Africa" still echoes across the decades, despite my frequent childhood offers to parcel up the liver and onions and get it sent over there.

I had the same as a kid. Either that or the threat of no pudding until my plate was clean. Cue frantic shovelling in an effort to secure an a choc ice or something similar, then tummy ache a while later.

As for eating slowly, I guess if the portions aren't excessive, and the balance of food is right, then clearing the plate isn't a bad thing.

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #279 on: July 27, 2007, 08:43:53 pm »
Started a new regime on holiday. Abs class every other day. Today spent an hour stretching, an hour at tennis, two hours on a laser and 15 mins on a treadmill.   Dipped under 40 degrees so it felt quite cool too.
Only spoilt by the pints of beer I let down watching the game.   
Never give up