Author Topic: Prince Phillip has died  (Read 35927 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: Prince Phillip has died
« Reply #560 on: April 11, 2021, 06:09:14 pm »
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1381186824681496576

Has the BBC gone mad?

I wonder if Rooney filled it in. I'm sure he's interested in a older single lady.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #561 on: April 11, 2021, 06:36:23 pm »
I'll admit the name Tony Drago sounds familiar, but I'd have to google.

Snooker player with zero patience for safety game, but enthusiastic potter.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: April 11, 2021, 06:45:47 pm »
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1381186824681496576

Has the BBC gone mad?

I was trying to find a radio station that wasn't making me wanna puke and I ended up on radio 2. Fucking hell, it was like fawn fawn, bow, scrape, fawn and all kinds of shite like that, what would you say to the Queen, send us your thoughts. Some soft c*nt text in that he was in mourning and closed his business for 3 days as a mark of respect  :puke2 :puke2 :puke2
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: April 11, 2021, 06:48:38 pm »
To be fair Rob,. I struggle to think of a media outlet that would be more fawny than R2.  They do like playing common people a lot, Sonu stick with them usually.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: April 11, 2021, 06:59:45 pm »
To be fair Rob,. I struggle to think of a media outlet that would be more fawny than R2.  They do like playing common people a lot, Sonu stick with them usually.

Aye, it was sadly the only one I was getting a decent signal on. Then managed to get Absolute on and it was the footy show, so was 2 fellas dicking about and was a refreshing change, sadly I drove out of their area far too quickly.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #565 on: April 11, 2021, 07:27:17 pm »
Snooker player with zero patience for safety game, but enthusiastic potter.
He was Maltese...

Phil and the queen used to live there...  hence the link.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #566 on: April 11, 2021, 07:34:52 pm »
He was Maltese...

Phil and the queen used to live there...  hence the link.

Yorky mentioned Doug Mountjoy. It was some other legend who brought Drago into it.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: April 11, 2021, 07:36:39 pm »
Yorky mentioned Doug Mountjoy. It was some other legend who brought Drago into it.
Did he...

Oh fuck... I’m losing it..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #568 on: April 11, 2021, 09:04:05 pm »
It was definitely Doug Mountjoy. Phil showed me a couple of the fan letters. In the last one he pretended to be a schoolboy from Merthyr Tydvil, just so he could get Doug's autograph. But like I said he never got a reply. It think it was Princess Anne who eventually faked a letter to Phil from Mountjoy, just to put a smile on her dad's face. But you could see the joins. It was obvious the letter hadn't come from a pro-snooker player. I believel she even talked about falling into the trout hatchery at Hicksteed. Phil was furious at the deception.

I should add that he did like Tony Drago though. Just not as much as Doug. He kept telling me how well Tony had withstood the Luftwaffe bombardment in 1942. He remembered seeing some picture of young 'Tone' (as he always called him) bringing down a Dornier with a home made catapult. I didnt have the heart to tell him that Tony was from Luton.   

Anyway, must be off. The local Labour party has decided to have a mass striptease in the town centre in honour of Phil.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: April 11, 2021, 09:10:04 pm »
:lmao

Heaping ignominy on top of my humiliation.

It’s Sabu pundit mark II
W

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: April 11, 2021, 09:15:40 pm »
I know, I'm annoyed with myself that I was busy yesterday and didn't read the first one properly :)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: April 11, 2021, 09:38:17 pm »
The mad thing is, I want to believe Yorky. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #572 on: April 11, 2021, 09:40:43 pm »
The mad thing is, I want to believe Yorky. ;D

The Duke of Yorky? :o

Don't sweat it.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: April 11, 2021, 09:52:39 pm »
The Duke of Yorky? :o

Don't sweat it.

Or the Duke of Edinbury?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: April 11, 2021, 10:08:39 pm »
I'm sensing some scepticism. Which is a pity. I would never joke about something so serious.

There's been a spontaneous outburst of genuine popular grief round these parts. Tomorrow morning the whole neighbourhood has agreed to make a communal moussaka to honour Phil. They reckon it will feed 10,000 people. I did say "he's not really Greek you know", but was told not to be such a racist. "Phil wouldn't like it" etc etc.

I can only ever remember such a hoolabaloo when John Spencer died. Though an Aussie friend tells me that his continent went into 40 days mourning when Eddie Charlton popped his clogs.

Strange times. Keep strong everyone. We can get through this together.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #575 on: April 11, 2021, 11:58:37 pm »
I remember lip reading him at The wedding as he whispered into Liz's ear, "And for those watching in black and white, the brown is next to the red".
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #576 on: April 12, 2021, 12:19:00 am »
I remember lip reading him at The wedding as he whispered into Liz's ear, "And for those watching in black and white, the brown is next to the red".

I thought it was
“For those watching in blue and white, this is what winning the European cup is like”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: April 12, 2021, 06:26:57 am »
No surprise they've got Andrew right to the fore in all the television pieces, shameless pricks

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: April 12, 2021, 09:16:01 am »
In terms of the worst description of him its tied between Andrew calling him the grandfather of the nation and some tv presenter calling him the best of us.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: April 12, 2021, 09:19:49 am »
In terms of the worst description of him its tied between Andrew calling him the grandfather of the nation and some tv presenter calling him the best of us.

They all think they are superior to the rest of us, all this Highness shite and fawning, cap doffing bowing and courtseying shite that has no place in the 21st century.

Let the Americans come over and do all that shite, the rest of the UK needs to fuck this they are your betters shit right off.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: April 12, 2021, 09:25:05 am »

Heaping ignominy on top of my humiliation.

It’s Sabu pundit mark II
to be fair, I think I was the first to put my head above the parapet as suggesting Yorky might be telling the truth :(

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #581 on: April 12, 2021, 10:37:24 am »
I thought he whispered "The brown is next to the pink for a good reason old girl."
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: April 12, 2021, 10:54:50 am »
I cannot believe this is now descending into smut and innuendo. As i think I explained before Phil did not enjoy even mildly risque jokes. He did ask Elizabeth, on the eve of their betrothal, whether she was a genuine John Virgo fan and some people did try to twist this into a disguting enquiry about her previous love life. But Phil was a snooker nut, as I think I might have mentioned, and he genuinely wanted to known whether she was a Virgo girl or a Pullman girl. Call his conversation boring if you must, but please do not try to make him out as some kind of snickering sexist. That was NOT the Phil I knew and loved.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #583 on: April 12, 2021, 11:36:40 am »
I don't know why anyone would think I was trying to deceive RAWK with my story. I just thought people might be interested in my own personal memory of Phil. And before anyone gets aggravated by my calling him that and not HRH or Prince or Duke etc let me tell you that it the chap himself who told me to call him Phil. Like i said before he hated all the rigmarole around the monarchy. He was always complaining about the medals they made him wear, not least because he had to take them off each time he dry cleaned his jacket.

I bumped into him once in an amusement arcade in Blackpool. He was playing that game where you used to roll those old twopenny bits down a slot and time it so that the moving roller sent a whole cliff of other twopenny bits into a cascade and into your pocket. I thought "Is it him?" because you don't expect to see royals working the slots off Blackpool prom. But he saw me and waved and shouted "Ey up Mark" and I joined him at the table. I even gave him a few of my own coins after he'd run out. He told me he loved coming to Blackpool on his own because no one ever recognised him and he could just get on doing what he loved doing. Hiding in plain sight he said. Only once had someone said "You look like the Queen's husband" and Phil replied, "What, the Greek bloke? Cheers." The bloke then had got a bit defensive. "Didn't mean to insult you by calling you a Greek", he said. And then Phil said "Well, depends what you mean by Greek. Are we talking race, nationality, ethnicity or ancestry?" That ended the conversation of course. Always does. In actual fact he was descended from Agamemnon, but he never publicised the fact. "It'd sound like I were boasting", he said. Typical Phil, that.

I heard today, by the way, that he left me 14 pence in his will. He hadn't forgotten. Class.

I shall be giving my own 14 minutes of silence some time today. I hope Liverpool do the right thing and rename the Kop the Phil Stand.

Miss you Phil.
:lmao :lmao
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #584 on: April 12, 2021, 03:07:53 pm »
Yorky ya loon - thanks for the laughs :lmao

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: April 12, 2021, 03:11:12 pm »
I cannot believe this is now descending into smut and innuendo. As i think I explained before Phil did not enjoy even mildly risque jokes. He did ask Elizabeth, on the eve of their betrothal, whether she was a genuine John Virgo fan and some people did try to twist this into a disguting enquiry about her previous love life. But Phil was a snooker nut, as I think I might have mentioned, and he genuinely wanted to known whether she was a Virgo girl or a Pullman girl. Call his conversation boring if you must, but please do not try to make him out as some kind of snickering sexist. That was NOT the Phil I knew and loved.
Lots of other stories leaking out about him in the broadsheets now. Apparently he always attended the Clitheroe black pudding tickling summit, where he once famously won the gurning competition although only there as a spectator, "Cheeky buggers".
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #586 on: April 12, 2021, 03:33:40 pm »
@tompeck
“As a hugely talented person he could have been enormously successful,” says May. “It was that willingness to put himself second and to serve. That will be his legacy, as an inspiration to us all.”

‘Don’t do anything with your talents.’ Coming soon to a fridge magnet near you.

;D

https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1381612336604123136

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: April 12, 2021, 03:56:21 pm »
Yes he was very upset by that Doc. Very upset indeed. When the Queen found out she suggested a naval bombardment of Clitheroe and was only talked down when it became apparent to her that the town wasn't anywhere near the coast. She then suggested that the naval guns be trained on Liverpool instead. "It's in the same county after all" - that's what she said. Fortunately the 1972 Local Government Act had just been pushed through parliament and the Privy Council was able to persuade her that because Liverpool was now in a new county called Merseyside such gunboat diplomacy might look vindictive and arbitrary. But it was a very close thing.

I should add that Phil was a moderating voice throughout. He liked Liverpool and was in fact going out with Nerys Hughes at the time. Later, as you probably know, he was Bleasdale's script editor on Boys from the Blackstuff.

I wish this was more widely known.  It does my nut in when people call him a snob.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #588 on: April 12, 2021, 03:58:42 pm »
Phil the Greek telling interviewer that the NHS is a 'sacred cow'

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FEqILsI4WDI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FEqILsI4WDI</a>

I'm guessing he ideally would have loved to add the head of this scared cow to his collection of tiger and rhino hunting trophies.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #589 on: April 12, 2021, 03:59:23 pm »
I don't know why anyone would think I was trying to deceive RAWK with my story. I just thought people might be interested in my own personal memory of Phil. And before anyone gets aggravated by my calling him that and not HRH or Prince or Duke etc let me tell you that it the chap himself who told me to call him Phil. Like i said before he hated all the rigmarole around the monarchy. He was always complaining about the medals they made him wear, not least because he had to take them off each time he dry cleaned his jacket.

I bumped into him once in an amusement arcade in Blackpool. He was playing that game where you used to roll those old twopenny bits down a slot and time it so that the moving roller sent a whole cliff of other twopenny bits into a cascade and into your pocket. I thought "Is it him?" because you don't expect to see royals working the slots off Blackpool prom. But he saw me and waved and shouted "Ey up Mark" and I joined him at the table. I even gave him a few of my own coins after he'd run out. He told me he loved coming to Blackpool on his own because no one ever recognised him and he could just get on doing what he loved doing. Hiding in plain sight he said. Only once had someone said "You look like the Queen's husband" and Phil replied, "What, the Greek bloke? Cheers." The bloke then had got a bit defensive. "Didn't mean to insult you by calling you a Greek", he said. And then Phil said "Well, depends what you mean by Greek. Are we talking race, nationality, ethnicity or ancestry?" That ended the conversation of course. Always does. In actual fact he was descended from Agamemnon, but he never publicised the fact. "It'd sound like I were boasting", he said. Typical Phil, that.

I heard today, by the way, that he left me 14 pence in his will. He hadn't forgotten. Class.

I shall be giving my own 14 minutes of silence some time today. I hope Liverpool do the right thing and rename the Kop the Phil Stand.

Miss you Phil.

:D

NotFatSam-esque that
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: April 12, 2021, 04:09:44 pm »
Keir Starmer says the monarchy is “the one institution for which the faith of the British people has never faltered.”

Starmer adds that Prince Philip “loved this country and the British people loved him in return."

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1381606438141890562

:puke2

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #591 on: April 12, 2021, 04:14:43 pm »
https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1381606438141890562

:puke2

These Starmer comments we've been hearing since Friday... were they all said at the same time and they're just being drip-fed out by the media?

Or does he keep trying to out-gush himself? The way it's going he'll soon be giving press conferences from in front of a Phil the Greek shrine.

It would have been worth keeping Corbyn just for the pithy condolences uttered through gritted teeth.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: April 12, 2021, 04:21:12 pm »
Yes he was very upset by that Doc. Very upset indeed. When the Queen found out she suggested a naval bombardment of Clitheroe and was only talked down when it became apparent to her that the town wasn't anywhere near the coast. She then suggested that the naval guns be trained on Liverpool instead. "It's in the same county after all" - that's what she said. Fortunately the 1972 Local Government Act had just been pushed through parliament and the Privy Council was able to persuade her that because Liverpool was now in a new county called Merseyside such gunboat diplomacy might look vindictive and arbitrary. But it was a very close thing.

I should add that Phil was a moderating voice throughout. He liked Liverpool and was in fact going out with Nerys Hughes at the time. Later, as you probably know, he was Bleasdale's script editor on Boys from the Blackstuff.

I wish this was more widely known.  It does my nut in when people call him a snob.
Of course, he picked up his horse and carriage skills working on the coal, where he was always willing to lend a hand - saved that leather apron going to waste too.
NAKED BOOBERY

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: April 12, 2021, 05:55:46 pm »
Phil the Greek telling interviewer that the NHS is a 'sacred cow'

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FEqILsI4WDI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FEqILsI4WDI</a>

I'm guessing he ideally would have loved to add the head of this scared cow to his collection of tiger and rhino hunting trophies.

This whole interview (there’s more of it on you tube) is absolutely fascinating... 
W

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: April 12, 2021, 07:04:33 pm »

RIP YNWA Prince "Man of the People" Phil.

Some incredible entertainment these last two pages.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: April 12, 2021, 07:18:05 pm »
Ben Partridge has shared his reminiscences of Prince Philip on Twitter. Also fascinating. Well worth reading for an insight into what made him such a great servant to his country.
https://twitter.com/benpartridge/status/1381223828756516865?s=20

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: April 12, 2021, 07:27:11 pm »
Ben Partridge has shared his reminiscences of Prince Philip on Twitter. Also fascinating. Well worth reading for an insight into what made him such a great servant to his country.
https://twitter.com/benpartridge/status/1381223828756516865?s=20

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #597 on: April 12, 2021, 07:50:51 pm »
RIP YNWA Prince "Man of the People" Phil.

Some incredible entertainment these last two pages.
So, you might call him, "The People's Prince"? No wonder the nation is mourning.

(By "nation", I of course mean England - I doubt Wales, Scotland or Ireland give much of a shit - Greece neither, for that matter - it's not like he did anything to help send the Elgin Marbles home.......)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: April 12, 2021, 07:55:26 pm »
So, you might call him, "The People's Prince"? No wonder the nation is mourning.

(By "nation", I of course mean England - I doubt Wales, Scotland or Ireland give much of a shit - Greece neither, for that matter - it's not like he did anything to help send the Elgin Marbles home.......)

He was a Bluenose?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: April 12, 2021, 08:27:19 pm »

Lots of support for the royal family in Wales and Scotland (and defo plenty among certain obvious parts of NI)
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/royal-family-support-wales-queen-17299194

Not going to pretend I relate to it, but it's not just an English phenomenon (as that survey shows, a constituency in Liverpool had the lowest support in the UK - something to be proud of in my book). Still, am no less embarased to be from a country that shuts down its public health communications during a pandemic because of some old man/bloodline.

Also, at risk of inviting the wrath of some of those who think there's loads of posters on here supporting the royal family, but I reckon most greeks probably care about his fighting against the Axis who occupied greece more than his advocacy to the british museum. Got nothing to back that up to be fair though haha, could be wrong! :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 08:31:53 pm by Classycara »