Author Topic: Prince Phillip has died  (Read 36081 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Prince Phillip has died
« Reply #320 on: April 9, 2021, 07:09:12 pm »
The royal mourning lasts 30 days. Good month to get bad News out.

True. They've started already. There was that story today about a Conservative MP who sent sexually suggestive messages to a female intern not losing the whip.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: April 9, 2021, 07:09:30 pm »
It maybe a good night for a film.

Or you could catch up on The Crown on Netflix.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: April 9, 2021, 07:10:49 pm »
Just had a flick around the channels and MoTDx on BBC2, hosted by Jermaine Jenas, has been cancelled. So every cloud...

Putting on his back tie in preperation for his own personal televised tribute to 'the Duke of Hearts'

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #323 on: April 9, 2021, 07:12:30 pm »
Putting on his back tie in preperation for his own personal televised tribute to 'the Duke of Hearts'

Back Tie?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: April 9, 2021, 07:15:34 pm »
Yeah, fucked that up.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: April 9, 2021, 07:17:48 pm »
It’s amazing how all these compassionate progressives are able to square that with dumping hate when someone dies.

It’s not really sad when a 99 year old dies (because they do at that age), but it does mark the death of historical figure, someone who has spanned so many generations as a public figure.  It also marks the end of a 74 year marriage. Must be terrible to lose your slide after so long

It's also the loss of another who fought for Britain at a time when we needed it most. Even if we shouldn't have to mourn, at least we shouldn't gloat.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: April 9, 2021, 07:18:02 pm »
Flicked ITV on, Alan Titchmarsh sat there fawning and decided to put last nights Car SOS on instead.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: April 9, 2021, 07:21:10 pm »
Flicked ITV on, Alan Titchmarsh sat there fawning and decided to put last nights Car SOS on instead.

Might put on Fulham-Wolves to see what tributes they've got lined up.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: April 9, 2021, 07:21:16 pm »
Or you could catch up on The Crown on Netflix.

Yeah, telly fucked.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: April 9, 2021, 07:22:19 pm »
Embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/danbloom1/status/1380528593021902850

Pandemic, Brexit, NI riots, etc.  Why bother with all that nonsense when you can slope off for x days.  Surprised parliament wasn’t prorogued.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #330 on: April 9, 2021, 07:27:38 pm »
Pandemic, Brexit, NI riots, etc.  Why bother with all that nonsense when you can slope off for x days.  Surprised parliament wasn’t prorogued.
They are already in recess, but they are coming back on Monday for one day of synchronised sycophancy.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: April 9, 2021, 07:27:54 pm »
Scottish Greens can barely hide their contempt for the royal family with their statement...

Tom Gordon
@HTScotPol
Chilliest party response so far is from Scottish Greens

“We recognise that the passing of the Duke of Edinburgh will be felt deeply by some across the country and express our sympathies with his family, who join many others who have lost loved ones in this last year.”

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #332 on: April 9, 2021, 07:35:50 pm »
Might put on Fulham-Wolves to see what tributes they've got lined up.
A brave minutes silence.
AHA!

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: April 9, 2021, 07:37:32 pm »
Scottish Greens can barely hide their contempt for the royal family with their statement...

Tom Gordon
@HTScotPol

“We recognise that the passing of the Duke of Edinburgh will be felt deeply by some across the country and express our sympathies with his family, who join many others who have lost loved ones in this last year.”

That's still a far more dignified & gracious response than anything I could muster when it comes to the free-loading, land-grabbing Parasites.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #334 on: April 9, 2021, 07:40:30 pm »
I don't particularly feel much love for the Royals but Twitter today has shown what a cesspit of hate it really is. He was a royal, not a dictator.
Thankfully, I've been busy today so I've missed both the hatred and the fawning.

I had no time for the fella and have no time for the Royal Family either, but I take no pleasure in his death or his loved ones suffering due to his loss. Grief is one utterly horrendous process to go through. I draw the line at the likes of Hitler, Trump and Thatcher, but this fella, despite his obvious faults, wasn't in that category.

I will be swerving the telly and the papers for a few days though.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: April 9, 2021, 07:54:12 pm »
I don't particularly feel much love for the Royals but Twitter today has shown what a cesspit of hate it really is. He was a royal, not a dictator.

He and that family deserve the hate they get.

Online kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #336 on: April 9, 2021, 07:54:15 pm »
Embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/danbloom1/status/1380528593021902850
Johnson and his Brexit loving Cabal will love this, every Mainstream Media outlet has slipped into full on Royalty Fawning Mode, all because a nonagenarian has died, meanwhile Northern Ireland is teetering on the brink of the Troubles restarting and not one word on the news about it and it fucking stinks!
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #337 on: April 9, 2021, 07:55:14 pm »

Tom Gordon
@HTScotPol

To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with that at all. It absolutely nails it for most of the country. We've lost almost 127,000 people in a year to Covid and countless lives and businesses are ruined, so fawning all over a privileged 99 year-old who has passed due to natural causes after a life of luxury would come over as rather insensitive and insulting.

That statement just feels honest and genuine to me. All that's missing is the incongruent fawning we'll see pouring out of others.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: April 9, 2021, 07:56:11 pm »
To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with that at all. It absolutely nails it for most of the country. We've lost almost 127,000 people in a year to Covid and countless lives and businesses are ruined, so fawning all over a privileged 99 year-old who has passed due to natural causes after a life of luxury would come over as rather insensitive and insulting.

That statement just feels honest and genuine to me. All that's missing is the incongruent fawning we'll see pouring out of others.

Oh I agree, in case that wasn't clear!

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #339 on: April 9, 2021, 07:57:30 pm »
Why have they got the exact same shit on BBC One and Two? Did they genuinely not think someone might want an alternative? God knows what they're even going to talk about for all this time.

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
« Reply #340 on: April 9, 2021, 08:01:43 pm »
I’m likely going to be going against the grain here, but he came across as a decent man and one of the better royals. I’ve never been fussed either way when it comes to the Royals, but this is a man who served the country in the war and then dedicated the next 70 odd years serving the country alongside the queen. He had some faults, the non PC gaffs being the most high profile, but he no doubt done far more good with his charity work and things like the Duke of Edinburgh awards. He seemed one of the most hard working royals and people may laugh at that, but would any of us really fancy his life? All the visits and tours, meeting the public, shaking that many hands and making that much small talk with strangers over the years. I just think it’s a bit said people are taking the piss and saying good riddance

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: April 9, 2021, 08:03:14 pm »
Johnson and his Brexit loving Cabal will love this, every Mainstream Media outlet has slipped into full on Royalty Fawning Mode, all because a nonagenarian has died, meanwhile Northern Ireland is teetering on the brink of the Troubles restarting and not one word on the news about it and it fucking stinks!
That sounds normal to me. It's not like mainstream news in England ever gave a flying fuck about what happened in Ireland, especially the North, even during the peak of the Troubles. Just a bunch of "Paddies" kicking off or killing each other.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #342 on: April 9, 2021, 08:08:12 pm »
I’m likely going to be going against the grain here, but he came across as a decent man and one of the better royals. I’ve never been fussed either way when it comes to the Royals, but this is a man who served the country in the war and then dedicated the next 70 odd years serving the country alongside the queen. He had some faults, the non PC gaffs being the most high profile, but he no doubt done far more good with his charity work and things like the Duke of Edinburgh awards. He seemed one of the most hard working royals and people may laugh at that, but would any of us really fancy his life? All the visits and tours, meeting the public, shaking that many hands and making that much small talk with strangers over the years. I just think it’s a bit said people are taking the piss and saying good riddance

Apart from the racism, the xenophobia and the ability to turn a blind eye to the likes of Saville and Epstein.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: April 9, 2021, 08:09:38 pm »
All the parties bar the Greens have suspended campaigning for a week in Scotland FFS. Leaders debat eon Tuesday cancelled.

That's just fucking stupid.

Suspending democracy because an unelected 99 year royal popped his clogs.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: April 9, 2021, 08:10:41 pm »
Thankfully, I've been busy today so I've missed both the hatred and the fawning.

I had no time for the fella and have no time for the Royal Family either, but I take no pleasure in his death or his loved ones suffering due to his loss. Grief is one utterly horrendous process to go through. I draw the line at the likes of Hitler, Trump and Thatcher, but this fella, despite his obvious faults, wasn't in that category.

I will be swerving the telly and the papers for a few days though.

Aye.  The Queen can count herself very fortunate to have had her husband by her side for 74 years.  Plenty of people don't even get to live that long, much less have a marriage of such longevity. Heck, the Queen Mum was a widow for 50 years.

Not to sound morbid or anything, but I imagine there's many a spouse who hasn't lasted very long themselves after losing a life partner. Granted, the Queen has a lot more to keep herself occupied, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her go downhill from here. The media will be watching her like a hawk.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #345 on: April 9, 2021, 08:11:42 pm »
That sounds normal to me. It's not like mainstream news in England ever gave a flying fuck about what happened in Ireland, especially the North, even during the peak of the Troubles. Just a bunch of "Paddies" kicking off or killing each other.

To be fair though Ireland burning to the ground is a price worth paying for the gammons. They were warned about what would happen but it pales into insignificance compared to pretending to regain sovereignty and stopping immigration.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #346 on: April 9, 2021, 08:12:08 pm »
A bit ill timed.....I was hoping to see his reaction on receiving a telegram from his wife when he got to 100.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: April 9, 2021, 08:15:18 pm »
Why have they got the exact same shit on BBC One and Two? Did they genuinely not think someone might want an alternative? God knows what they're even going to talk about for all this time.

Because the Beeb are a disgrace, run by Tories.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: April 9, 2021, 08:18:51 pm »
Alan Titchmarsh being interviewed!

What??

Brought him a coffee once.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #349 on: April 9, 2021, 08:23:51 pm »
Brought him a coffee once.
I can remember when he was the gardener on Bill and Ben.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #350 on: April 9, 2021, 08:30:13 pm »
I can remember when he was the gardener on Bill and Ben.
Was that before he married Liz?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: April 9, 2021, 08:31:47 pm »

They've even set up a page on their own website acknowledging people are being pissed off by the coverage, and encouraging them to complain?!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/death-duke-of-edinburgh-tv-coverage/#/Notification

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: April 9, 2021, 08:35:57 pm »
Aye.  The Queen can count herself very fortunate to have had her husband by her side for 74 years.  Plenty of people don't even get to live that long, much less have a marriage of such longevity. Heck, the Queen Mum was a widow for 50 years.

Not to sound morbid or anything, but I imagine there's many a spouse who hasn't lasted very long themselves after losing a life partner. Granted, the Queen has a lot more to keep herself occupied, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her go downhill from here. The media will be watching her like a hawk.

Depends on how close they still were I suppose. I've seen neighbours fade and die in weeks due to losing a spouse, whereas her Ma was talking about booking a holiday and her husband of 30 years was still upstairs and not even cold. They likely haven't slept in the same room for over 40 years, they probably lived in different wings of the Palace.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: April 9, 2021, 08:42:08 pm »
It really ain't that bad here.

A bunch of young hoods getting egged on to attack the cops because their Daddies aren't happy about a funeral and an abstract Sea border - which might actually benefit the North
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #354 on: April 9, 2021, 08:45:28 pm »
Well that’s ruined the end of the crown for me. Spoiler ffs

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #355 on: April 9, 2021, 08:47:56 pm »

:lmao

Mark Holt          @MarkHolt4

The transition into the Prince Philip News on BBC R1 Dance was something else 👇🏼

https://www.twitter.com/MarkHolt4/status/1380489633797177350

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: April 9, 2021, 08:50:06 pm »

To be fair they're under a lot of pressure from this government (and have been for a while).  Government recently appointed Richard Sharp (formerly adviser to Johnson & Sunek in addition to other roles and not shy of a donation to the Tories) as chairman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sharp_(BBC_chairman)

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: April 9, 2021, 08:52:04 pm »
To be fair they're under a lot of pressure from this government (and have been for a while).  Government recently appointed Richard Sharp (formerly adviser to Johnson & Sunek in addition to other roles and not shy of a donation to the Tories) as chairman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sharp_(BBC_chairman)

Yep, run by Tories.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: April 9, 2021, 09:04:42 pm »
Depends on how close they still were I suppose. I've seen neighbours fade and die in weeks due to losing a spouse, whereas her Ma was talking about booking a holiday and her husband of 30 years was still upstairs and not even cold. They likely haven't slept in the same room for over 40 years, they probably lived in different wings of the Palace.

I remember a story a few years ago where Philip pranked her.  He had dressed up as one of the guards, with full red uniform and bearskin hat.  The Queen clocked him as she walked by and was photographed tittering to herself.

I'm by no means certain of course, but if he can pull a stunt like that and get that kind of a response, they were probably still very close.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: April 9, 2021, 09:17:08 pm »
I remember a story a few years ago where Philip pranked her.  He had dressed up as one of the guards, with full red uniform and bearskin hat.  The Queen clocked him as she walked by and was photographed tittering to herself.

I'm by no means certain of course, but if he can pull a stunt like that and get that kind of a response, they were probably still very close.

Not a prank.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/prince-philip-prank-queen/
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258