Author Topic: Europa League 21/22  (Read 155334 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Europa League 20/21
« Reply #200 on: December 3, 2020, 06:22:53 pm »
2-2.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #201 on: December 3, 2020, 06:27:38 pm »
2-2.

That was quick! Though I could feel Chris Sutton's misery, anger and blame from here... that or the fish supper wasn't quite properly cooked again.

Çalhanoglu goal on 24' (free-kick) - https://streamye.com/vbfqv

Castillejo goal on 26' - https://streamye.com/varvm
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #202 on: December 3, 2020, 06:43:39 pm »
Do they not have VAR in the EL? Spurs just got a pen and seemed to take it very quick without it being checked. From a quick glance it looked like the handball was pretty close range.

Anyway it's 1-1 now.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #203 on: December 3, 2020, 06:46:21 pm »
Do they not have VAR in the EL? Spurs just got a pen and seemed to take it very quick without it being checked. From a quick glance it looked like the handball was pretty close range.

Anyway it's 1-1 now.

Apparently not in the group stage.

Hoping Spurs don't go through tonight so they have to put a strong side out next week.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #204 on: December 3, 2020, 07:19:15 pm »
PL side playing in Europa is like driving Ferraris against Fiat. This is especially so in the last couple of years where PL budget is just incomparable to other clubs in the competition.

They should be ashamed if neither of the PL sides bring home the Europa trophy.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #205 on: December 3, 2020, 07:30:52 pm »
I'm just chuffed they've had to go so far away from home to play this one. Won't do them any good. That and the nil nil against Chelsea, things are looking up for me. London clubs struggling in the first tough league game is always good news. So far the two of them have had soft starts.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #206 on: December 3, 2020, 07:41:05 pm »
We've officially broken Leicester.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 3, 2020, 07:43:50 pm »
I'm just chuffed they've had to go so far away from home to play this one. Won't do them any good. That and the nil nil against Chelsea, things are looking up for me. London clubs struggling in the first tough league game is always good news. So far the two of them have had soft starts.
They're only in Austria aren't they, not that far really.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 3, 2020, 07:46:45 pm »
Spurs lol.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: December 3, 2020, 07:47:04 pm »
Looked away for 10 minutes and missed 3 goals ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 3, 2020, 07:47:21 pm »
Brendan doesn't do Europe.  :D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 3, 2020, 07:47:34 pm »
Where's Kane, did they just rest him?

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #212 on: December 3, 2020, 07:50:48 pm »
Joe hart is a shocking keeper

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 3, 2020, 07:51:55 pm »
Where's Kane, did they just rest him?

Minor injury, though I think he's likely back for the weekend

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 3, 2020, 07:54:46 pm »
Minor injury, though I think he's likely back for the weekend
[emoji106]

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 3, 2020, 07:56:05 pm »
Spurs are shite if you scratch at the squad depth in any way (they're the only team who've had almost no injuries). Mourinho even tried to put out a strong team under the circumstances to make sure they secured top spot, and they still managed to fuck it up against the team that finished 4th in Austria last season.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 3, 2020, 07:57:35 pm »
Did Soyuncu reaggravate his injury? Apparently he started but was subbed off after 15 minutes.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 3, 2020, 08:03:36 pm »
Did Soyuncu reaggravate his injury? Apparently he started but was subbed off after 15 minutes.
Didn't realise he was due back for a while anyway.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 3, 2020, 08:03:54 pm »
Watched the first few minutes just to see the crowd then I realised I was watching Arsenal vs Rapid Vienna.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 3, 2020, 08:10:07 pm »
Cracker that.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 3, 2020, 08:28:29 pm »
How does it seem with the crowd?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 3, 2020, 08:31:24 pm »
How does it seem with the crowd?
I actually think it's stranger to be honest.  They're all scattered out, BT are still pumping out crowd noise and the fans in the stadium are wearing masks.  Delighted fans are back, but its still eerie.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #222 on: December 3, 2020, 08:31:37 pm »
Rangers behind and second best thus far against Standard Liege. I wouldn’t touch Morelos with four barge poles tied together - he makes even the younger version of Suarez look uncomplicated by comparison. Tavernier has been touted as a player who could flourish at a higher level, but I think he’s positionally suspect. The only Rangers player I think could comfortably play at the next level is Kamara - he’s good.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 3, 2020, 08:34:22 pm »
Rangers behind and second best thus far against Standard Liege. I wouldn’t touch Morelos with four barge poles tied together - he makes even the younger version of Suarez look uncomplicated by comparison. Tavernier has been touted as a player who could flourish at a higher level, but I think he’s positionally suspect. The only Rangers player I think could comfortably play at the next level is Kamara - he’s good.

Not the best game to judge Rangers on. Worst I've seen them play this season so far.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #224 on: December 3, 2020, 08:35:47 pm »
Not the best game to judge Rangers on. Worst I've seen them play this season so far.
Poor quality from Rangers.

Morelos looks very much like a hyper volatile person but without the skills to match.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #225 on: December 3, 2020, 08:43:08 pm »

Just scored both ends😲. I’ve watched Rangers regularly for the past two years, and you’re right, by their own standards they’ve been under the weather tonight. My assessment of their players though is based on watching a fair bit of them.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 3, 2020, 08:44:07 pm »
Flicked on the arsenal game to see what the crowd was like.    As soon as I heard the female commentator, I turned it off.    Her voice goes right through me

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 3, 2020, 08:44:34 pm »
I actually think it's stranger to be honest.  They're all scattered out, BT are still pumping out crowd noise and the fans in the stadium are wearing masks.  Delighted fans are back, but its still eerie.
Was wondering if clubs would carry on with the crowd noise and goal music. Have our fans got to wear masks do we know, is that a club or government rule?

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: December 3, 2020, 08:46:27 pm »
Poor quality from Rangers.

Morelos looks very much like a hyper volatile person but without the skills to match.

Scored for fun in the Europa League last season, finding it harder this season. Rangers only needed a point to go through & I think that's not been good for them, been slack & seem confused.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #229 on: December 3, 2020, 08:47:02 pm »
2-2 Rangers v Standard Liege. Good game overall.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #230 on: December 3, 2020, 08:50:40 pm »
Have our fans got to wear masks do we know, is that a club or government rule?

Compulsory wearing of masks.  Government/authorities rule.  The rumour of not being aloud to sing and shout WAS bullshit though.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: December 3, 2020, 08:51:40 pm »

Are the crowd actually making any noise? Chanting/cheering at goals/the Goodison 'Wah Boo Handball' sound effects etc.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: December 3, 2020, 08:53:50 pm »
Leicester starting to struggle already.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 3, 2020, 08:56:56 pm »
Are the crowd actually making any noise? Chanting/cheering at goals/the Goodison 'Wah Boo Handball' sound effects etc.
It's kinda difficult to tell, presumably all the noise is coming from the broadcaster rather than the stadium PA, you still hear players shouting at each other and stuff when no ' fan effects' are being played. The fans look understandably subdued, impeccably behaved though.

This is the beginning of a long road, things will get much better, baby steps and all that I guess.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 3, 2020, 08:57:07 pm »

No crowd noise being pumped out.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 3, 2020, 09:00:23 pm »
No crowd noise being pumped out.
So they're singing perfectly through their masks and not moving ? BT are probably playing noise, I very much doubt its coming from the fans.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: December 3, 2020, 09:03:17 pm »
So they're singing perfectly through their masks and not moving ? BT are probably playing noise, I very much doubt its coming from the fans.

Of course they can sing through their masks. BT confirmed at the break there's been no additional noise. You can tell its not the added noise, it's more natural a sound.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 3, 2020, 09:17:11 pm »
Leicester starting to struggle already.

Streaky Brendan, but they were already through tbf.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #238 on: December 3, 2020, 09:18:02 pm »
Standard Liege continuing to make Rangers look lethargic and second best. Steven Davis is what, 36? Yet he’s the only Gers player looking as sharp as usual.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 3, 2020, 09:19:57 pm »
Of course they can sing through their masks. BT confirmed at the break there's been no additional noise. You can tell its not the added noise, it's more natural a sound.

I watch on mute if it's Tyler or Carragher/Mcmanaman (and only really watch our games anywya), but the piped in crowd effects do the job of tuning you out to the fact it's an empty ground. If you take that away for the noise of a few people dotted about wearing masks it'll just be like watching a training game.