Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 632291 times)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Spoiler
This guy, together with the girl introduced as Cap's neighbour in the movie (Sharon Carter) kill Captain America in the comics if I'm not mistaken. Is Cap still dead in the comics? Perhaps these two may play a part in killing him later in the series.
[close]

Spoiler
Nah they brought Rogers back quite quickly.
[close]

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ah cheers. Comics and mortality eh....

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Ah cheers. Comics and mortality eh....

Yep. Batman's parents and Spider-man's Uncle Ben are the only people who stay dead in comics.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
For me, the best Avengers universe movie along with Iron Man. X-Men First Class runs it pretty close, though obviously that's a different franchise.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Just saw it. It's a excellent movie Jason Bourne meets superhero stuff. The directors really grok'd Captain America especially his fighting style.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:45:14 am by MagicB8all »
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Have to say it was the most entertaining Marvel movie yet. Was walking by the cinema and saw it was starting in 5 mins and was very pleasantly surprised. Gets a very solid 8 from me.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just saw it. Great movie. I always thought Cap was a bit boring as a character but the whole shield stuff was excellent.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
Seen it last night, really enoyed it. A question though

Spoiler
What happened to the head pirate guy that Captain America fought on the boat near the start? The guy seemed important as he was super strong, but bar seeing him in an interview room later, we heard nothing more about him
[close]

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
In the comics, he's Batroc The Leaper.  He's not super strong but is in peak physical condition.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I always misread that as Batroc the leper and get really confused.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
Batroc is a minor villain in the comics, I was surprised to see him turn up at all.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
Thought it was a great movie, and one of the best Marvel ones by far. The actual Winter Soldier was great too I thought.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who would you like to see cast as Dr Strange?
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan

It's a tough one, Strange can come across pretty cheesy, depends how much they want to play it up, or if they'd rather do it straight.
Rob Lowe would be an interesting one if they wanted to recreate the whole Downey Jr/Tony Stark vibe.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
not Johnny Depp!
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Downey Jr. would've been perfect for him actually  ;D
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
Downey Jr. would've been perfect for him actually  ;D
Yes, you need someone who does arrogance well but is likable with it - someone like Downey would be awesome.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Watched this yesterday and was blown away, best Marvel movie by far IMO and the action and The Winter Soldier was just pure brilliant! Solid 9/10 for me.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Yes, you need someone who does arrogance well but is likable with it - someone like Downey would be awesome.

Think Jon Hamm would be a great choice.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Benedict Cumberbatch

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
In the comics, he's Batroc The Leaper.  He's not super strong but is in peak physical condition.

So he's irrelevant then?

I thought he must have been someone special to go toe to toe with Captain America. Especially when you considering the elevator scene with most guys in there looking to be in peak condition as well.

Online momo22

• Legacy Fan

Joaquin Phoenix.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
So it seems Fox and Sony may be open to collaboration...

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40776
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
So it seems Fox and Sony may be open to collaboration...

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40776

Batrock is in peak human condition and a master of Savate, he's not super powered, but he's no pushover

Shared Universe: I'm all for Sony and Fox sharing a universe but I don't want any of those studios sharing a universe with marvel. Marvel  has worked really hard with its 'B' characters to build a solid and entertaining universe. Fox and Sony have Marvels 'A' players and for the most part have put out meh. I suspect its because Fox and Sony don't really care about their characters as much as Marvel do, to Fox and Sony their franchises to Marvel they're exciting stories that are begging to be told.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So he's irrelevant then?

I thought he must have been someone special to go toe to toe with Captain America. Especially when you considering the elevator scene with most guys in there looking to be in peak condition as well.

Hes not irrelevant, hes just not an A list villain like Loki/Red Skull/Winter Soldier.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
Marvel  has worked really hard with its 'B' characters to build a solid and entertaining universe. Fox and Sony have Marvels 'A' players and for the most part have put out meh.

Can agree with this. Iron Man was C-list joke level apart from like one comic in 2005, and now he's as big a money maker as Batman. Crazy crazy turn around over a five year period between the first film and the third.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
Can agree with this. Iron Man was C-list joke level apart from like one comic in 2005, and now he's as big a money maker as Batman. Crazy crazy turn around over a five year period between the first film and the third.

The irony is the second two Iron Man movies are probably the worst two non-Hulk movies Marvel has put out. RDJ is underpaid, whatever they're paying him.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Weekly 'Agents of SHIELD is now really good' post.

I think it will also benefit from a binge watch, taking it all in over a weekend rather than spacing it out so much will soften the opening bunch of episodes that were dull. But, I will say that it now works better knowing everything. Bits from the opening episodes now make more sense, its added a level of depth to it.

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
The irony is the second two Iron Man movies are probably the worst two non-Hulk movies Marvel has put out. RDJ is underpaid, whatever they're paying him.

Iron man 3 was a pretty good film, would probably put it ahead of the Thor films.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Saw Cap 2 recently. It was a pleasant watch, but I'm one of those who's probably gotten bored of the superhero movies by now, i think a few (notably lionel_messias?) predicted this to happen a year or two ago.

Still a nice enough watch mind, but not quite the buzz that say the first Cap movie or Thor had.

Hi  :wave

Well I have been saying that its true, but to honest I usually find the Marvel ones quite watchable. From here on in I think Marvel will have to spread their wings a bit.

You look at something like Thor 2, with its generic bad guy "interdimensional-bullshit-dark-elf-gubbins" and you ask yourself, Thor 3, really? Even Iron Man 3, which I really enjoyed, I thought afterwards where can they go with that character?

At least with Marvel studios that have fresh characters like Doctor Strange to go at, some geeks have told me he is really really interesting.

Its DC that worry me and also the news that Sony would like to release a Spiderman related film, every year.

Add a new Star Wars-related film every fucking year as well and there is definitely overkill on the horizon; for genre blockbusters that is.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
Hi  :wave

Well I have been saying that its true, but to honest I usually find the Marvel ones quite watchable. From here on in I think Marvel will have to spread their wings a bit.

You look at something like Thor 2, with its generic bad guy "interdimensional-bullshit-dark-elf-gubbins" and you ask yourself, Thor 3, really? Even Iron Man 3, which I really enjoyed, I thought afterwards where can they go with that character?

At least with Marvel studios that have fresh characters like Doctor Strange to go at, some geeks have told me he is really really interesting.

Its DC that worry me and also the news that Sony would like to release a Spiderman related film, every year.

Add a new Star Wars-related film every fucking year as well and there is definitely overkill on the horizon; for genre blockbusters that is.

Christopher Eccleston was not a generic bad guy. I genuinely can't think of another super-hero movie where the villain has been played as straight and dark as that, rather than as an OTT/camp/crrrrraaaazy guy of one sort or another. I can get that you might not have enjoyed the performance, but it was totally different to anything else out there, so to call it "generic" really makes no sense.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Christopher Eccleston was not a generic bad guy. I genuinely can't think of another super-hero movie where the villain has been played as straight and dark as that, rather than as an OTT/camp/crrrrraaaazy guy of one sort or another. I can get that you might not have enjoyed the performance, but it was totally different to anything else out there, so to call it "generic" really makes no sense.

We can agree to disagree obviously..............when I say generic its probably because the character had so little screen time (probably as the director had to drastically reduce his original cut) that all you see him do is getting activated (or whatever), tit about in Space a bit and then try and destroy the Universe through Greenwich. He has no real dialogue scenes with anyone, you could have put Vinnie Jones in the suit and it would make no difference!

Be honest though, his whole plot was "Find a Digery-Cube and destroy the Universe"

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
Yeah they went full on Loki-wank and it ruined Ecclestons guy.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
We can agree to disagree obviously..............when I say generic its probably because the character had so little screen time (probably as the director had to drastically reduce his original cut) that all you see him do is getting activated (or whatever), tit about in Space a bit and then try and destroy the Universe through Greenwich. He has no real dialogue scenes with anyone, you could have put Vinnie Jones in the suit and it would make no difference!

Be honest though, his whole plot was "Find a Digery-Cube and destroy the Universe"

Again, destroying the universe is quite an unusual MO, even for a super-villain. But if you have to jump from characterisation to plot to make whatever point it is you're trying to make then yes, let's just agree to disagree.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
I forget if there was an Age of Ultron thread but here is Chris Evans in his Captain America costume on set

Spoiler
[close]

Online John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Age Of Ultron released on 24th April 2015 in the UK, a week before the USA again
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:40:31 am by John_P »
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Age Of Ultron released on 24th April 2014 in the UK, a week before the USA again

Thought they'd have hyped it more than they have!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy, Agents of SHIELD and Other Marvel Musings
« Reply #398 on: May 19, 2014, 10:25:40 am »
New Guardians of the Galaxy trailer due tonight... they`ve released three trailers for the trailer (:o) which can be seen on the link below if your interested...or just wait the few hours for the whole thing...

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/three-new-guardians-of-the-galaxy-teasers-arrive-online-watch-now

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do I wait, and be surprised, or just devour everything about this?