Author Topic: LFC v Southampton 22.9.18 3pm Anfield  (Read 25265 times)

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Re: LFC v Southampton 22.9.18 3pm Anfield
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2018, 06:11:52 pm »
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

;D  Clearly not a popular choice for some, but regardless of his talent or what anyone thinks of him as an individual, he needs to be sharp if ever Alisson is injured, and the way to do that is through cup games - the least important of which is this one.

I think Alisson and VVD are two of our biggest strengths, but will also create the biggest weaknesses if they get injured, hence we need to have able deputies at the ready if needed.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2018, 06:19:08 pm »
;D  Clearly not a popular choice for some, but regardless of his talent or what anyone thinks of him as an individual, he needs to be sharp if ever Alisson is injured, and the way to do that is through cup games - the least important of which is this one.

I think Alisson and VVD are two of our biggest strengths, but will also create the biggest weaknesses if they get injured, hence we need to have able deputies at the ready if needed.

Said it a little earlier I thread, but jokes aside, I'd rather Clyne and Moreno got used to receiving those chips out to them in the touchline, and Lovren Matip used to balls coming to them, him sweeping up and coming from corners. Much more likely they'll spend time playing with him than they or others will with Migs.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2018, 06:46:31 pm »
Even though it's the League Cup, seeing as it's Chelsea I see an added incentive to get a result.  We're building an excellent head of steam and it's important that doesn't get derailed by an avoidable defeat. 

Makes this game tricky on team selection but we have very good rotational options.  Could we play Fabinho and Shaqiri against Southampton and Keita and Shaqiri for Chelsea?  Or vice versa?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2018, 06:50:03 pm »
Cheers for the read and comments all.  :wave
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2018, 07:22:53 pm »
Even though it's the League Cup, seeing as it's Chelsea I see an added incentive to get a result.  We're building an excellent head of steam and it's important that doesn't get derailed by an avoidable defeat. 

Makes this game tricky on team selection but we have very good rotational options.  Could we play Fabinho and Shaqiri against Southampton and Keita and Shaqiri for Chelsea?  Or vice versa?

You could, Fabinho could play in both matches, and whoever doesn't play against Soton will more than likely play in midweek.

But let's take care of Soton first.  ;D

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2018, 07:32:11 pm »
A few changes makes sense, up to Klopp to decide who but we have the strength to change the team a little and not weaken the side.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2018, 08:11:18 pm »
You could, Fabinho could play in both matches, and whoever doesn't play against Soton will more than likely play in midweek.

But let's take care of Soton first.  ;D

Oh I agree entirely.  But with so many tough games coming it makes sense to think ahead.  I want to see us tear Soton apart because we need to pad the goal difference and keep sending out those intimidating vibes to the rest of the league, so I want to see a fairly attacking lineup. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2018, 08:57:43 pm »
Oh I agree entirely.  But with so many tough games coming it makes sense to think ahead.  I want to see us tear Soton apart because we need to pad the goal difference and keep sending out those intimidating vibes to the rest of the league, so I want to see a fairly attacking lineup. :)

Yeah I would thoroughly enjoy seeing all of Keita,Shaqiri and the front 3 on the pitch at the same time and do what City usually do against sides like this when they line up with De Bruyne,Silva,Sterling,Sane,Bernado and Aguero all at the same time.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2018, 09:16:23 pm »
Hughes may look to park the bus so to speak, but I'm not sure he's capable of organising a team to do so successfully. There's examples of players who have worked under him in the past that say defensively he's just not a very good tactician/coach at all.

It's a tricky selection for Klopp this one. There surely has to be one eye on Chelsea next week but as the old saying goes, the next game is the most important. Think it would be a big boost to Sturridge if he retained the jersey, and I'd be tempted to give Mo a rest here and in the League Cup and bring him back 100% next week. Perhaps use him off the bench against a tired team with 20 to go. The other question would be whether Milner has another superhuman 90 in the lungs or do we use the options we left on the bench on Tuesday.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us line up similar to the the conclusion of last season with Bobby in the 10 -

Allison, TAA, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Keita, Firmino, Shaqiri, Mane, Sturridge

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2018, 09:22:55 pm »
Bad feeling about this one. Southampton 2-1.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2018, 09:33:01 pm »

Not like you to be a bit negative. Just put it down to nerves.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2018, 09:43:17 pm »

Same. Reckon Ings will get 2  :(

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2018, 09:45:52 pm »
Same. Reckon Ings will get 2  :(

At LEAST 2. Guaranteed. And then the shouts of why did we sell him! Oh the huge manatee!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2018, 09:54:57 pm »
Hughes may look to park the bus so to speak, but I'm not sure he's capable of organising a team to do so successfully. There's examples of players who have worked under him in the past that say defensively he's just not a very good tactician/coach at all.

It's a tricky selection for Klopp this one. There surely has to be one eye on Chelsea next week but as the old saying goes, the next game is the most important. Think it would be a big boost to Sturridge if he retained the jersey, and I'd be tempted to give Mo a rest here and in the League Cup and bring him back 100% next week. Perhaps use him off the bench against a tired team with 20 to go. The other question would be whether Milner has another superhuman 90 in the lungs or do we use the options we left on the bench on Tuesday.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us line up similar to the the conclusion of last season with Bobby in the 10 -

Allison, TAA, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Keita, Firmino, Shaqiri, Mane, Sturridge

Not sure why it should be tricky for him mate when there is another chance for him to rotate in midweek, without having to have one eye on Chelsea .

I expect there will be changes but nothing too crazy.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2018, 10:18:20 pm »
You know what I love? The fact that people finally seem to realise that every game is massive. It doesn't matter if it's Southampton, UTD, Watford, Chelsea, Newcastle or City at home, it's 3 points and its so, so important to win every single game. That's the mentality you need to win the league. This is a must win.

I honestly cant wait for this! 3pm Saturday kick-offs are usually shit atmospheres but I have a feeling this one will be different. Get the 3 points at all costs.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2018, 10:23:03 pm »
Not sure why it should be tricky for him mate when there is another chance for him to rotate in midweek, without having to have one eye on Chelsea .

I expect there will be changes but nothing too crazy.

Tricky perhaps the wrong word. I meant my post in a good sense, Sturridge putting his hand up and fresh options like Shaqiri and Keita that can freshen Mo and Milner (if he needs it!) for the big challenge next week

At the same time it's not broken and a huge opportunity to go 6 for 6
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:24:44 pm by Raid »

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2018, 10:27:29 pm »
You know what I love? The fact that people finally seem to realise that every game is massive. It doesn't matter if it's Southampton, UTD, Watford, Chelsea, Newcastle or City at home, it's 3 points and its so, so important to win every single game. That's the mentality you need to win the league. This is a must win.

I honestly cant wait for this! 3pm Saturday kick-offs are usually shit atmospheres but I have a feeling this one will be different. Get the 3 points at all costs.

ITs the way it should be. Chelsea also have 5 wins out of 5 and they will get 6 wins out of 6. Man City should also get a win. If we want to win the league. We cannot afford to fall too far behind, as you should expect the top teams to keep on winning. Already, Spurs are in danger of falling too far back after losing twice. Lose a third time and its probably a bridge too far for them to challenge for the title. Same with Man Utd

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2018, 10:29:16 pm »
Southampton's defence is pretty poor, and that's been against forward lines far less impressive than ours.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2018, 10:31:32 pm »
Southampton were poor against Brighton in the second half.  I know some of our midfielders aren't great when they're pressed but the entire Southampton team panic as soon as they're closed down.  It's hard to believe they sold Tadic for £10m in the current market and also loaned out Boufial.

I'm guessing they'll go one up-front (Long) as Ings isn't available, and look for the odd break from Redmond.  Romeu to return to complete the dourest midfield outside of Goodison.  Them playing on Monday means both teams will have had similar breaks.

I think we'll go very strong with one eye on a big rotation in midweek.  Maybe Keita to start in place of Milner and Firmino for Sturridge but otherwise as we were.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2018, 10:33:54 pm »
I'd defo like to see Shaq get a start, and hopefully see Fabinho's debut as well. Should be interesting anyway. I fully expect Klopp to change things about.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2018, 10:36:19 pm »

Look lad, stop making a big deal of this, everyone knows that points aren't relevant just yet. Sheesh!!!
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2018, 11:13:35 pm »
Wouldn't rest many for sat, players can be rested mid week against chelsea.  If bobbys eye isn't 100% then put sturridge in his place to start, otherwise we need to make sure we have enough quality in the team not to slip up.  Come midweek is the time to rest a lot of them and the likes of fab, shaq, matip etc will get a start then.

Alisson

Trent   Gomez   VVD   Robertson

Henderson   Keita   Gini

Salah   Firmino   Mane

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2018, 11:55:15 pm »
Mo is gonna break out in this game. Hat Trick.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2018, 11:59:25 pm »
There are no easy matches in the Premier League, but play like we did against Tottenham and we'll win this. Play like we did against PSG and we'll thrash them. I watched the second half of the Southampton match against Brighton and they were absolutely woeful. To Brighton at home. They got fortunate that they got a penalty to go 2-0 up and from there it was all Brighton. I know football doesn't work like that, but they can't be too high on confidence and just aren't that good at all. We absolutely need to be dispatching sides like them if we want to amount to anything this season.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2018, 12:12:58 am »
Full strength against Southampton.

No first team player in the League Cup, Chelsea reserves will do a hatchet job on our players

Offline geoffpd

• Kemlynite
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2018, 05:41:58 am »
fabinhos prem debut
Hope so. Seems ideal time for him.

Sent from my iPhone8

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2018, 07:23:15 am »
Hope so. Seems ideal time for him.

Sent from my iPhone8

He won't start but I reckon we'll see a good 20-30 minutes this time if we're ahead

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2018, 08:04:06 am »
Excellent op thanks.
3pm ko. How odd.
bollocks

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2018, 08:35:09 am »
Fabinho will make his debut against Chelsea imo

Think the team will be the same as Spurs. Hendo could play instead of Keita again

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2018, 08:43:06 am »
Don't care if Salah starts or not..
Don't care if Fabinho gets his first start or not (or whether he gets 25 mins)
Don't care if Keita comes back in..
Don't care if the back 4 is or isn't rotated..
Don't care if the midfield is refreshed or not..
Don't care if we twat them or not..

I JUST CARE ABOUT PICKING UP 3 POINTS.. ANY WAY POSSIBLE..  :wave

If only the Jackson 5 were all around to sing the updated version of their song.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2018, 08:50:29 am »
Mo is gonna break out in this game. Hat Trick.

Great minds think a like.....oh hold on
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2018, 08:57:22 am »
Don't care if Salah starts or not..
Don't care if Fabinho gets his first start or not (or whether he gets 25 mins)
Don't care if Keita comes back in..
Don't care if the back 4 is or isn't rotated..
Don't care if the midfield is refreshed or not..
Don't care if we twat them or not..

I JUST CARE ABOUT PICKING UP 3 POINTS.. ANY WAY POSSIBLE..  :wave

Awesome song. Hope it gets sung at the weekend.

;)

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2018, 09:18:53 am »
I'd go with 3 changes from PSG. Bobby back starting, Keita for Milner or Gini and Shaqiri for Mo or Sadio.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2018, 09:37:28 am »
I'd expect the strongest 11 possible and then multiple changes in the League Cup.

Unless anyone is looking fatigued and needing a rest I'd assume

Allison

TAA        Gomez        VVD         Robertson

Milner           Wijnaldum       Keita

Salah             Bobby           Mane

Henderson is the most likely to come in for someone, but with 6 wins in the bag I don't see Klopp making large scale changes for a PL match.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2018, 09:39:34 am »
Strong as possible please - no doubt Chelsea will rest players in the cup too.

Southampton aren’t anything special and it’s fair to say their most in form attacking threat is on loan from us. Think we’ll win this by a few goals. 6 wins out of 6 would be an amazing start

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2018, 09:41:51 am »
Excellent op thanks.
3pm ko. How odd.

I know, what will the come up with next.

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2018, 09:51:02 am »
Klopp is likely to keep the same starting 11 for ALL PL games, and make changes as required in the Cup games, including CL.

Expect the strongest lineout for this one. Keep the momentum on winning every 3 points available in the PL.
Klopp will be aware that after the 'test' against PSG, there is every risk that players could drop their game a tad thinking this is 'only' Southampton. Fortunately there are many top players in the squad to fill in for any player not up for the fight.

3-0 would not surprise anyone.
Doubters to Believers

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2018, 10:05:28 am »
Cube deserves a run out
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2018, 10:37:20 am »
It’s Fabinho time in my opinion

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2018, 11:11:07 am »