Author Topic: Liverpool V West Ham United - Sat 24 Feb - 3pm  (Read 22193 times)

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
Liverpool V West Ham United - Sat 24 Feb - 3pm
« on: February 20, 2018, 03:25:44 am »

Liverpool vs West Ham history?

How does the league table look?

There are 4 points between 2nd and 5th.

Straight after hammering Porto 5-0 in the Champions League, Liverpool flew to Marbella on the south coast of Spain to make the most of a 10-day gap between fixtures. I'm sure that Klopp is gonna find a way to take advantage of the warmer weather too and that goes without saying.

Goals or no goals

Liverpool have scored 7 goals in last 2 games and we are looking very good when it comes to putting the ball in the back of the net. I have the feeling that this will be a high scoring game, I'm not going to tell you who I think will win this match but what I will say is when you look at our recent form and the fact that we put 4 goals past them last November (Salah scoring twice, Matip and Ox with the other 2 goals) this match will not be ending 0-0 and I don't think a 1-0 is on the cards either.

West Ham have conceded ...

When it comes to Liverpool vs West Ham fixtures and goals, Fernando Torres is the only Liverpool player to have scored a league hat-trick against West Ham at Anfield, having done so in March 2008. Roger Hunt (1965), John Toshack (1976) and Michael Robinson in 1983 did likewise at Upton Park.

Any there any players that will be missing for either side?

For Liverpool the only player missing will be Nathaniel Clyne who has been out of season with a back injury. For West Ham there's Andy Carroll who has a fractured foot, Pedro Obiang who done his knee, Manuel Lanzini with hamstring and lastly Edimilson Fernandes with an ankle injury. In total that is 4 players out for them, only the one out for us - Liverpool 1 v 4 West Ham, and shock horror that was the result reversed last November  ;D

What sort of formations and lineups are we likely to see?

4-4 fucking 2 for West Ham but seriously knowing David Moyes the chances of me playing 4-4-2 it's pretty high but if he gets creative we might see West Ham playing more of a 4-4-1-1 but regardless of shape we will be seeing Hernandez buzzing around our final third, he is their main goal scoring threat and when in form a right little pain in the ass.

We on the other hand will be playing more of a 4-2-3-1 I think and be looking to dominate possession and in turn dominating them. But I could be wrong as watching us switch from playing 4-3-3 to 4-5-1 and back to 4-2-3-1 seems to happen effortlessly these days.

As for who plays where, after scoring a hat trick against Porto will Sadio Mane be played in an advanced position? Apart from Mane either upfront or out wide and Salah playing out wide, who will be lining up in the other two attacking roles?

------------

But in saying all that I've always really enjoyed playing West Ham, well most of the time but objectively I know that some of their supporters are wankers but every team has their fair share, that's just how it is. If I had to choose, West Ham are my favorite London club - the rest for one reason or another are just fucking annoying. I see Liverpool and West Ham having a lot in common actually but in saying that, I can't wait to see us put them in their place. :wave

EDIT; ohhhhhh and THIS, let's stuff 'em

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0kBrbDf0siw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0kBrbDf0siw</a>
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:41:08 am by RMG? »

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Re: Liverpool vs West Ham, 3pm 24th Febuary.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 03:48:32 am »
Thanks for the OP.

Looking forward to the match. Would have been awhile since we last played by the time this comes around. We shouldn’t take any team lightly but I am honestly expecting us to win. They have a few injuries and we’re in good form. They used to cause us trouble when Payet was playing for them and when Carroll was fit and leading their line, but we’ve had success against them of late. Will be interesting to see if Klopp changes any of the lineup from the Porto game. Can could come in but it would be harsh for anyone to be dropped after that. Although, a lot depends on how West Ham are going to come and play. They only had 36% possession at home against Watford last week, but won.
YWNA

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Re: Liverpool V West Ham United - Sat 24 Feb - 3pm
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 04:00:44 am »
Liverpool FC will dedicate Saturday's fixture against West Ham United at Anfield to support the work of football’s equality and inclusion organisation Kick It Out.

Founded in 1993, Kick It Out works throughout the football, educational and community sectors to challenge discrimination, celebrate diversity and inclusion, and campaign for positive change.

The focus this season has been on raising awareness of procedures in place for supporters to report discrimination they witness or suffer at a professional game, non-league, grassroots or even online.

Liverpool FC will be promoting the organisation’s work with posters, t-shirts and LED board advertisements inside Anfield during Saturday's game.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 04:14:47 am »
Feels like we played ages ago. Huge game, we can't afford to drop points, and West Ham will park the bus, there isn't any other way they will play.

No excuses, we have enough time to prepare, an early goal will be helpful break down their negative tactics.

Can't remember the last time we played at 15:00 on a Saturday either

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 04:28:32 am »
Given how much time has elapsed between each team's last game, on paper, Liverpool should be a shoe-in given how many laps Davesy Moyesy has had West Ham running (answer - 147,000).

Therefore, it'll be 2-1 to West Ham.

Srekcom esrever
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 07:24:38 am »
Liverpool have scored 7 goals in last 2 games and we are looking very good when it comes to putting the ball in the back of the net. I have the feeling that this will be a high scoring game, ... we put 4 goals past them last November ... this match will not be ending 0-0 and I don't think a 1-0 is on the cards either.

0-0 it is then  :'(

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 07:48:59 am »
Its gonna be a real tough game. West Ham will sit back and park jabba the hut at their penalty box.  There's no need for a masteful performance. A fugly 1-0 win will suffice.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 07:50:27 am »
The Porto win will have our team on a high, giving them a lot of confidence. Hope they make Moyes relive some of the derbies! ;D

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 07:59:47 am »
An important game. We need to win and given our result in Portugal, we can indeed expect West Ham to sit back and defend. The break was good for us. Gave the likes of Firmino and Salah a chance to recover. They've played a lot.

Well yes. The game hasn't even started.

I'm confident we will find a way to win this one. Maybe it's because I watched Gerrard's goal from the Cup Final, but so be it. We'll win.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 08:13:38 am »
Thanks for the OP. Michael Robinson, superb player who had his career ruined by injuries.

I agree with most of the above that a Moyes side playing away against us is going to do nothing other than park the proverbial. However, we have shown over the past few months that we can break that down....most of the time, and with a first half goal the nerves will be well and truly settled and we could run up a big big win. Lanzini is a big miss for them and a player who I think can take the next step up in his career soon - has enormous talent. Hernandez has never scored in the premier league outside of the box dont ya know (yes, we all know because it is mentioned every week they play). This will inevitably lead to his first goal outside of the box !

I am confident on this one and think we will win comfortably. 3-0 to us.

(nice Mockers there PoP  ;))
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 08:24:51 am »
Massive game this considering the five teams around us either play the day after, against each other, or not at all and then same again next weekend.

Win our next two and we'll be on 60 points. At worst that'll put us 3rd and at least 4 points clear of 4th (by my admittedly average maths) and at best could see us 2nd with a nice gap to 3rd.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 08:25:53 am »
A 3pm Satdee home game...we are truly blessed
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 09:01:10 am »
hahahahaha, that's what I thought whilst writing that too

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 09:16:35 am »
Can't wait for 90 minutes of low block, low percentage dirge. Hope we score in the first 5 minutes then again after 10, then again after 12, then seventeen more times. Then they can have a sit down for half time.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 09:22:13 am »
With Moyes Anfield record, I feel confident about this one.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 09:40:35 am »
Thanks for the OP.

I like our recent "defensive" midfield which focuses more on keeping the game tight. We have three forwards who can win games and so we just need to focus on discipline in midfield and defence.

I can't see West Ham stopping our front three and at home I can see us scoring 4.

Similar team, setup and result to the Porto game please.
#JFT97

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 10:19:47 am »
Can't remember the last time we played at 15:00 on a Saturday either

December 30th v Leicester, so really not that long ago  :P

It does feel a lot longer than that though, and seems ages since we had a home match full stop so really looking forward to this one!

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2018, 10:23:40 am »
It’ll be 10 men behind the ball verus us trying to break them down. An early goal will help obviously but I just hope if it doesn’t come the crowd stay with the team. It’ll be tough this game unless the early goal comes along. Should have enough to unlock them. 2-0
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2018, 10:25:50 am »
yeah it does feel like ages...

one of those where its hard to see past a Liverpool win, so should I feel this confident?

We'll see. but I am to be honest, reckon it will be a comfortable victory even if it takes us a while to score.
Moyes can't attack us and try take advantage of tired legs as we have been on a 10 day break....he will be worried about our attack on the counter and will sit in a rigid formation, try be physical and defend in numbers.
We just need to keep our heads.......and wait for one of the boys upfront to produce a moment of magic.

If lallana can play this would be a great match for him in the midfield 3.

2-0 liverpool
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2018, 10:38:35 am »
yeah it does feel like ages...

one of those where its hard to see past a Liverpool win, so should I feel this confident?

We'll see. but I am to be honest, reckon it will be a comfortable victory even if it takes us a while to score.
Moyes can't attack us and try take advantage of tired legs as we have been on a 10 day break....he will be worried about our attack on the counter and will sit in a rigid formation, try be physical and defend in numbers.
We just need to keep our heads.......and wait for one of the boys upfront to produce a moment of magic.

If lallana can play this would be a great match for him in the midfield 3.

2-0 liverpool

Yep, Lallana would be a great weapon to have for this. Really hope he's fit, I think we're a better side with him in it. I expect we'll see Can come back in as well. Minimal other changes, Maybe one at RB or CB.

I'm expecting a win if we get anywhere near to our top performance levels. A 2 or 3 nil would be lovely for momentum.

If fit, I'd go with:

Karius, Trent, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Can, Lallana, Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Migs, Gomez, Moreno, Gini, Milner, Ings, Solanke

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 11:36:33 am »
really looking forward to this. confidence should be high after Porto.

Am expecting something impressive from Mane - think he may go on a serious run now.

Moyes will try and spoil the party but we should have too much.

3 pts please and 3-0 win!

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 11:54:23 am »
Massive game this considering the five teams around us either play the day after, against each other, or not at all and then same again next weekend.

Win our next two and we'll be on 60 points. At worst that'll put us 3rd and at least 4 points clear of 4th (by my admittedly average maths) and at best could see us 2nd with a nice gap to 3rd.
Owl Face could really do us a favour in Palace's next 2 games - home to Spurs then home to United.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 12:04:59 pm »
Easy day at the office. Looking forward to it

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 12:11:18 pm »
We haven't beaten these at home since 2013... We definitely owe them one.

Unfortunately, they have had a decent set of performances/results away against the top 6 this season under Moyes. They got a draw at Spurs, were close to getting a point at City, beat Spurs in the Cup at Wembley and lost by 1 goal v Arsenal. So my point is they rarely get smashed away from home under Moyes - think Everton beat them by 4 which was surprising.

I expect them to go 3 at the back, with Lanzini behind Arnautovic if he is fit. They will flood the midfield with Noble, Kouyate and Joao Mario with Zabaleta and maybe Antonio in the wing back areas.

The one thing they can't cope with is pace and speed of attack - there are areas we can get at - in behind the full back areas, which suggests Mane and Salah could be heavily involved. I would personally play AOC in midfield, as they don't cope well with runners and people being direct.

I think we will win.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 01:50:08 pm »
I imagine Lallana will start, I hope so at least, this is what I am expecting :

Karius

Gomez
Van Dijk
Matip
Robertson

Can
Lallana
Ox

Mane
Bobby
Salah

Lallana playing is hugeee for us in midfield

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 02:00:19 pm »
Going off Klopp's comments about playing the best 11 from here on in, I don't see too many changes from Porto. I would expect Can to replace Milner and that might be it, unless being at home he fancies Lallana ahead of Wijnaldum.

Everyone played so well in the CL it would be hard to drop any of them.

I'd go with

Karius

TAA        Lovren        VVD    Robertson

Henderson

Can                      Lallana

Salah            Bobby          Mane

Such is our depth now I wouldn't be upset to see Wijnaldum or AOC in midfield rather than Lallana.

It'll be defence vs attack, but our attack should be better so I'm expecting a 3-0.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 02:07:36 pm »
Their defence has a combined age of 710 for fuck sakes.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2018, 02:32:26 pm »
Their defence has a combined age of 710 for fuck sakes.

710/11= 64,5. Younger than I expected.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2018, 02:49:37 pm »
I think this and the Newcastle game will be tricky for us. Two teams who sit back with plenty of players behind the ball.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2018, 03:10:46 pm »
We haven't beaten these at home since 2013... We definitely owe them one.

That's fucking ridiculous. Time to sort that out.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2018, 04:19:59 pm »
That's fucking ridiculous. Time to sort that out.

A bit incorrect, our last win at Anfield was 2-0 on Jan 31, 2015. We lost one and drew the last two with them home since

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2018, 04:51:30 pm »
I've always hated David 'Bug-Eyed Twat' Moyes with a passion comparable to my hatred for Alex Ferguson, Sam Allardyce, Jose Mourinho, Alan Pardew and recently Pep Guardiola. I mean, he's a massive, massive prick.

But I do have a weird soft spot for West Ham. Albeit Karen Brady is a toxic fucking Tory and the club is presently staffed with racist bells.

But I don't hate West Ham, I wish their fans the best, I hope they sort their shit out.

We're going to beat them 3–0. Fuck David Moyes.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:53:32 pm by Mighty Zeus »
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2018, 04:54:32 pm »
Gollum will see a goalless draw as utopia the dinosaur football prick.

Love for us get a really early goal so their negative spoiling prehistoric game plan they been have working on for  last 10 days gets ripped up and then we can pick them off on the counter at will.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2018, 08:41:37 pm »
Arnie's been on it in recent weeks, will be interesting to see how our defence deal with him. He'll keep Lovren and VvD busy but I think they'll handle it, can't see either of them being bullied by him, especially not VvD.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2018, 08:51:11 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Going to this one and it seems a long time since the Porto match. As said above, win this and table will look decent.
Agree with shouts for Lallana to start, with Hendo and Can for me, behind our front three.
Trent at RB and VVD and Matip should work against a defensive team with Robbo to make up the outfield ten.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 08:56:48 pm »
Just burst their fucking bubble.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 11:22:51 pm »
Long wait for this one, and still over 3 days left!

Should be on a massive high and look to jump up to 2nd for the time being. No excuses whatsoever not to beat them because they're fucking shite, the team's fucking old as fuck, and Gollum's still a c*nt

Just fucking win reds!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline West Cork Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2018, 07:10:02 am »
I think this and the Newcastle game will be tricky for us. Two teams who sit back with plenty of players behind the ball.
Rafa still loves us, he'll shove them all forward :D

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 10:11:17 am »
Owl Face could really do us a favour in Palace's next 2 games - home to Spurs then home to United.

Since when has the Owl ever done us a favour aside from taking the letter that sacked him?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 10:32:05 am »
Had a dream last night we won this 6-3. Worth a quid bet  ;D