Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2011485 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #5680 on: December 3, 2017, 03:26:53 pm »
Thanks for opening this.  ;D

I thought this was a great video on Bobby.

https://youtu.be/YjGKqGGV9rg
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #5681 on: December 3, 2017, 03:38:20 pm »
I thought this was a great video on Bobby.
Watching the reds over 20 years, Bobby is as clever as anyone in the red shirt over that period of time that I've seen. Watching his flicks, ideas, ingenuity in the final third is an absolute joy. We should already be looking to extend his contract, no reason to procrastinate on this one.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5682 on: December 3, 2017, 03:39:54 pm »
Watching the reds over 20 years, Bobby is as clever as anyone in the red shirt over that period of time that I've seen. Watching his flicks, ideas, ingenuity in the final third is an absolute joy. We should already be looking to extend his contract, no reason to procrastinate on this one.

I believe there were recent reports about us preparing or offering him a new contract

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5683 on: December 3, 2017, 03:42:41 pm »

I agree he's terrific. Do you remember when some people wondered if he'd get use to the physicality of the Premier League, I think he has completely rubbished that concern.  ;D  He just gets better and better, a real machine. No wonder the boss is such a fan. His flicks and invention add so much to our play, but without doubt its his endless work-rate which impresses the most. 

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #5684 on: December 3, 2017, 04:08:21 pm »
I agree he's terrific. Do you remember when some people wondered if he'd get use to the physicality of the Premier League, I think he has completely rubbished that concern.  ;D  He just gets better and better, a real machine. No wonder the boss is such a fan. His flicks and invention add so much to our play, but without doubt its his endless work-rate which impresses the most.
Had an arguement with a United fan from work once who said the same of Aguero. Too lightweight for the Premier League and would soon get found out. Also remember someone saying Suarez was a one trick pony and once defenders decided to shut their legs and not mark so tight once he has turned he would struggle. Yep. Struggled like fuck he did.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5685 on: December 3, 2017, 04:18:32 pm »
He’s like evolved version of Kuyt.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #5686 on: December 3, 2017, 04:23:45 pm »
Firmino playing CM aged 16-18 for Figueirense. :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/30E8pc1gFvk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/30E8pc1gFvk</a>

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #5687 on: December 3, 2017, 04:25:48 pm »
Just noticed in one clip he takes his shirt off to celebrate & throw into the crowd and has another on underneath. Mad bastard

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #5688 on: December 3, 2017, 04:31:23 pm »
Just noticed in one clip he takes his shirt off to celebrate & throw into the crowd and has another on underneath. Mad bastard

Would you still get booked?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5689 on: December 3, 2017, 04:32:41 pm »

He is that.  ;D

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #5690 on: December 3, 2017, 04:43:50 pm »
In Brazil you don't get booked for that. Or at least didn't back then.

Btw Firmino has only been offside 3 times this season. Further illustrating the point that he rarely leads the line for us. In terms of shooting metrics, when you sort him, he is in the group with Coutinho (despite playing 1/2 the time), Shaqiri, Jay Rodriguez, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Rashford, Ramsey. The group of playmakers & wide goalscorers.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5691 on: December 3, 2017, 04:45:43 pm »

Nobody knows. Bobby likes cheating the system.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5692 on: December 3, 2017, 04:47:18 pm »
Had an arguement with a United fan from work once who said the same of Aguero. Too lightweight for the Premier League and would soon get found out. Also remember someone saying Suarez was a one trick pony and once defenders decided to shut their legs and not mark so tight once he has turned he would struggle. Yep. Struggled like fuck he did.

They also said the same about David Silva and Hazard when they came to the PL. That they were not physical enough and defenders would stop them. Like fuck they did.

Even this season, something similar was said about Lacazette. When you've technique in abundance, all you need to do is to adjust to the pace of transition in leagues. Apart from that, it's a myth that smaller players cannot survive against those big PL defenders.

Also, this line goes to the managers as well. Guardiola is the biggest example. They said he wouldn't make in the PL with all the tough competition in this league more than others. Now his side is running away like Bayern and Barca did in their respective leagues, throws the myth that PL is the most competitive doesn't it? The biggest adjustment foreign managers have to make in the PL is not tactical. It's adjusting to the lack of winter break and the additional cup competition.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #5693 on: December 3, 2017, 04:49:17 pm »
They also said the same about David Silva and Hazard when they came to the PL. That they were not physical enough and defenders would stop them. Like fuck they did.

Even this season, something similar was said about Lacazette. When you've technique in abundance, all you need to do is to adjust to the pace of transition in leagues. Apart from that, it's a myth that smaller players cannot survive against those big PL defenders.

Also, this line goes to the managers as well. Guardiola is the biggest example. They said he wouldn't make in the PL with all the tough competition in this league more than others. Now his side is running away like Bayern and Barca did in their respective leagues, throws the myth that PL is the most competitive doesn't it? The biggest adjustment foreign managers have to make in the PL is not tactical. It's adjusting to the lack of winter break and the additional cup competition.
In my experience, younger people are more adaptable. So with footballers, young footballers will better adapt to this country, climate and game here. Nearly all the big flops have been players coming here post 27 - in their physical decline. Trying to adjust to a more physical league after 27 will be tricky.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5694 on: December 3, 2017, 07:22:03 pm »
Phenomenal yesterday. Not just his two goals but his movement was breathtaking. He basically started the moves for both his goals, lovely flicks, his ability to hold onto the ball. The way the game was set after we went one up suited him down to the ground.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #5695 on: December 4, 2017, 01:24:54 am »
It's understandable that his finishing isn't all that natural since he grew up playing as a midfielder. Hopefully he keeps on improving and keeps on scoring!

Has he always had terrible teeth?

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5696 on: December 4, 2017, 01:26:49 am »

Has he always had terrible teeth?

Fucking hell, I can't imagine what you would have thought of them before he had them done!

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5697 on: December 4, 2017, 02:31:34 am »
Give him the armband!

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #5698 on: December 4, 2017, 03:19:27 am »
Give him the armband!

Absolutely.

I think this is a really "hot take" as it is, but for me Firmino is the best player in the PL. I know that not many (if any) will agree with me on this, and that's largely because I think that off the ball work is not nearly as appreciated as on the ball work, but that's how I feel. I wouldn't trade Firmino for any player in the PL.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5699 on: December 4, 2017, 03:39:02 am »
Give him the armband!
If we didn't already have a captain when Klopp came in, he probably would've chosen Firmino. Again, maybe not because I don't think he speaks any english.

Offline digger barnes 87

• Kopite
  • TOXTETH RED 4 life
« Reply #5700 on: December 4, 2017, 01:25:21 pm »
Most underated player in the league,  best celebrations in the league  as well, keep on dancing Bobby lad.
“Don’t worry Alan. At least you’ll be able to play close to a great team!” Bill Shankly to Alan Ball after he signed for Everton

Offline Elf Pistolero_7

• Relegated.
  • Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #5701 on: December 4, 2017, 01:27:29 pm »
I love you Bobby. :thumbup
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that"

Bill Shankly. He made the people happy.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #5702 on: December 4, 2017, 01:32:58 pm »
I love this mad bastard so much I might get a shirt with his name on it, would be my first shirt with a name on since first Torres season, what a bloke!

His celebration of taking the shirt of and then going "no no" with his figners was class, I love him at LFC, he's the one that really ties the whole attack together with his intelligent movement

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5703 on: December 4, 2017, 01:43:46 pm »
Absolutely.

I think this is a really "hot take" as it is, but for me Firmino is the best player in the PL. I know that not many (if any) will agree with me on this, and that's largely because I think that off the ball work is not nearly as appreciated as on the ball work, but that's how I feel. I wouldn't trade Firmino for any player in the PL.

I'm with you on that one. For me he's our most important player,and I'm glad that Klopp thinks that too.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5704 on: December 4, 2017, 03:25:50 pm »
Last year he scored 12 goals in all competitions, we're in December, and he's already got 11. He improves every year

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #5705 on: December 4, 2017, 03:44:49 pm »
If we didn't already have a captain when Klopp came in, he probably would've chosen Firmino. Again, maybe not because I don't think he speaks any english.

There was a video of him accepting the Thai supporters player of the year (I think it was) and his English was okay. But you could tell, like Suarez, he was shy about using it as it wasn't a strong as it could be. The players all get intensive English courses when they sign though and their English quickly gets to an acceptable level to survive in a foreign country. Some just chose not to use it much in front of cameras as they are embarrassed how they should in a foreign language. Try to find a video of Macca talking Spanish, for example. His spanish is pretty good, he rarely ever used it though on camera.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5706 on: December 4, 2017, 03:54:01 pm »
He's like a Cantona without the theatrics.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5707 on: December 4, 2017, 05:17:29 pm »

You don't think he has learned any English by now? Didn't he learn to speak German fairly well?

Offline burriana

• Kopite
  • Oh you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #5708 on: December 4, 2017, 05:35:31 pm »
I love this mad bastard so much I might get a shirt with his name on it, would be my first shirt with a name on since first Torres season, what a bloke!

His celebration of taking the shirt of and then going "no no" with his figners was class, I love him at LFC, he's the one that really ties the whole attack together with his intelligent movement

I must have watched that about 50 times with a massive, stupid grin on my face.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5709 on: December 4, 2017, 06:10:05 pm »
Absolutely.

I see what you mean, and it is not the mad shout fans of other sides would think it is, but there is some really stiff competition. Hazard, De Bruyne, Aguero, Sanchez, our very own Coutinho, Mane and lately Salah are all amazing too. I think the one thing that is missing for Firmino is the physicality. If he were quicker he would certainly be unarguably amongst the very best in the world.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #5710 on: December 4, 2017, 06:25:40 pm »
I see what you mean, and it is not the mad shout fans of other sides would think it is, but there is some really stiff competition. Hazard, De Bruyne, Aguero, Sanchez, our very own Coutinho, Mane and lately Salah are all amazing too. I think the one thing that is missing for Firmino is the physicality. If he were quicker he would certainly be unarguably amongst the very best in the world.
I think he has looked a bit faster lately though, showing some pretty impressive sprints.
Not easy to look fast playing between Mane and Salah.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5711 on: December 4, 2017, 11:11:58 pm »
To me it appears that he is one of those players that need to keep playing.  Even the smallest break seems to cause him to have a little drop in intensity. To me at least, it appears to be a case of his natural physiology which for example contrasts with Sturridge who could come back from injury and hit top gear immediately.

I can't be arsed to change my Tapatalk settings because my time is more important than yours

Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5712 on: December 4, 2017, 11:31:07 pm »
He's the fulcrum of our attack, the foundation for which everything else builds on. As a poster elegantly wrote earlier in this thread... if you don't love Firmino, you don't love football.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5713 on: December 4, 2017, 11:44:16 pm »

I've been telling my mates for donkeys years somebody should try that. Completely screw with the ref...technically speaking you've still got your shirt on  ;D
The other one I'd like to see done is to use a teammate's shoulders' for extra leverage/height when jumping on corners. You can't get done for a foul if it's your own teammate.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5714 on: December 4, 2017, 11:45:53 pm »
I've been telling my mates for donkeys years somebody should try that. Completely screw with the ref...technically speaking you've still got your shirt on  ;D
The other one I'd like to see done is to use a teammate's shoulders' for extra leverage/height when jumping on corners. You can't get done for a foul if it's your own teammate.

I've always wanted a player to catch the ball in the air with his shirt, by covering the shirt over the ball and carrying it.

I've done that in five on five sides, surely it's worth to try  ;D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5715 on: December 4, 2017, 11:53:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's actually against the rules to use your own teammate for leverage in such a way.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline JCB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5716 on: December 4, 2017, 11:58:29 pm »
I've always wanted a player to catch the ball in the air with his shirt, by covering the shirt over the ball and carrying it.

I've done that in five on five sides, surely it's worth to try  ;D
:lmao
I'm pretty sure it's actually against the rules to use your own teammate for leverage in such a way.
Shame.  :(
I guess a boost up, rugby style is out of the question as well  ;)

edit: Just had a look and it's not illegal. It is however a grey area, the ref could disallow it for unsporting behaviour if he felt like it. 
Apparently Bruno N'Gotty has done it before.

« Last Edit: December 5, 2017, 12:13:41 am by JCB »

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5717 on: December 5, 2017, 12:19:54 am »
Really enjoy watching a real footballer ENJOYING his games!  Our BOB! 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #5718 on: December 5, 2017, 11:19:52 am »

It's the same as this line I've heard from a couple of Ex girlfriends when I've Forced them to watch a game with me

"Why don't all the players just tightly surround the man with the ball at kick off and they all run into the opposition goal?

I usually mumble something vague about obstruction but secretly I'm annoyed that I don't have an answer.

Offline JCB

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5719 on: December 5, 2017, 11:30:15 am »