Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1760579 times)

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Let's Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #10040 on: September 19, 2018, 11:47:49 pm »
I think it says ‘JRM4UK’, no idea what that means though.
Really? First thing that brings to mind is that Jacob Rees Mogg c*nt. And if only appeared in last year is it a Brexit thing. I fucking hope not.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #10041 on: September 21, 2018, 11:02:08 pm »
Like others have said, the Kop was loud enough for the PSG lot to be largely drowned out from where I am in 108, agree with the allez allez allez being speeded up to fuck as well, just ruins it.

Great show of flags I thought as well. As for the Union Jack, I reckon its been fairly regular for about the last 3 years or so now
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #10042 on: September 21, 2018, 11:41:18 pm »
Yeah the Kop looked great from where I was sat in U1.

I've got no problems with the Union Jack to be honest. I know Brexit's happened, but there's been Union Jacks on the Kop for decades, and I feel Liverpool has always been a more British city then an English one. But that's probably a debate for another thread.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #10043 on: September 22, 2018, 11:54:05 am »
The mic placement really shit me watching on TV. I've heard they literally put the mic directly above the away fans in the Annie Road end? Because visually you could see 75% of the stadium off their feet, clapping and singing, yet it sounded so muted compared to the PSG fans (who were great don't get me wrong). Didn't help that the world feed have their commentators not actually at the stadium, which always seems to affect the broadcast.

I remember when I was at the Dortmund game next to their fans, and in the last 30 mins during our comeback I barely even heard them, yet you rewatch it on TV on the replay and their drums and chants are inflated way too much by the microphones.

Yeh, the audio mix on BT Sport certainly seemed to make it seem like the PSG fans were out-singing us for most of the night.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10044 on: September 22, 2018, 01:24:57 pm »
Yeh, the audio mix on BT Sport certainly seemed to make it seem like the PSG fans were out-singing us for most of the night.
They probably see it as a nothing issue in the scheme of things, but if I were high up in the club I'd be having words with the TV companies. For some reason they always mic the away section up to the hilt and turn the sound high in the mix. This often gives the impression that a thousand or two fans are actually louder than the rest of a 54,000 capacity stadium. It's bizarre, really.

I know away fans generally can often out sing a home crowd, but when people attending tell you the home sections were buzzing yet they come over like a Trappist monk convention on telly, you know something is not right somewhere.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #10045 on: September 22, 2018, 03:25:45 pm »
Enough with the Allez, allex, allez song all the way through games. Reminds me of United fans, and other shit clubs fans, singing the same song al the way through a game.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10046 on: September 22, 2018, 03:27:08 pm »
Enough with the Allez, allex, allez song all the way through games. Reminds me of United fans, and other shit clubs fans, singing the same song al the way through a game.

Maybe one day you will be on the Kop and get to start your own chant.

::)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10047 on: September 22, 2018, 03:36:26 pm »
They probably see it as a nothing issue in the scheme of things, but if I were high up in the club I'd be having words with the TV companies. For some reason they always mic the away section up to the hilt and turn the sound high in the mix. This often gives the impression that a thousand or two fans are actually louder than the rest of a 54,000 capacity stadium. It's bizarre, really.

I know away fans generally can often out sing a home crowd, but when people attending tell you the home sections were buzzing yet they come over like a Trappist monk convention on telly, you know something is not right somewhere.

You can tell the difference between NBCSN and Le Sports today,it isn't even close,on Le Sports the fans and atmos are coming across as it should but on NBCSN you can barely hear the crowd and have no chance of hearing the buzz.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10048 on: September 22, 2018, 07:25:46 pm »

:evil

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10049 on: September 22, 2018, 09:02:20 pm »
To be fair, I was all for Allez Allez Allez getting saved for European nights. But it's definitely better then nothing.

And no, I haven't come up with anything better for the league!

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10050 on: September 22, 2018, 09:28:25 pm »
Yeah, allez allez should be for Europe only imo. Keep it special.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #10051 on: September 22, 2018, 11:06:31 pm »

:lmao

It's gonna be the song that drives us to the treble this season.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10052 on: September 22, 2018, 11:40:44 pm »
:lmao

It's gonna be the song that drives us to the treble this season.

Spot on, it is a haunting anthem that has the opposition feeling the force of Anfield.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #10053 on: September 23, 2018, 09:39:59 pm »

Been on the Kop many, many times mate, probably while you were still in your nappies. Stood in piss, heaving back and forward at every half chance. But yeah, good one - you should do weddings.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10054 on: September 23, 2018, 11:27:53 pm »
Been on the Kop many, many times mate, probably while you were still in your nappies. Stood in piss, heaving back and forward at every half chance. But yeah, good one - you should do weddings.

Amature,you're supposed to stand upstream.

Manc behaviour that is. ;D

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #10055 on: September 23, 2018, 11:57:32 pm »
Fuck having Allez Allez Allez for European nights only.

The Champions League final was horrific but the journey and us returning to the European elite was something special. Dumping the chant so early in the season doesn't feel right, we're soldering on here.

Nothing pissed me off more than how the Poetry in Motion song died off the moment 13-14 was over. It's like the club and fans accepted the fact it was a one off.

If we'd won it than fair game, but we're back to win the fucking lot. Allez Allez Allez.

:D

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10056 on: September 24, 2018, 12:21:59 am »
Sorry mate but you clearly haven't been on the Kop or anywhere near Anfield recently and you haven't got a clue about how the vibe in the ground erupts presently.
Allez Allez Allez does it and it unites all corners of the stadium.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10057 on: September 24, 2018, 09:01:51 am »
Fuck having Allez Allez Allez for European nights only.

The Champions League final was horrific but the journey and us returning to the European elite was something special. Dumping the chant so early in the season doesn't feel right, we're soldering on here.

Nothing pissed me off more than how the Poetry in Motion song died off the moment 13-14 was over. It's like the club and fans accepted the fact it was a one off.

If we'd won it than fair game, but we're back to win the fucking lot. Allez Allez Allez.
I think poetry in motion will come back if we stay top for a couple of months. For me it was difficult to sing when City were clearly the best team in the land last year.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10058 on: September 24, 2018, 09:57:08 am »
Sorry mate but you clearly haven't been on the Kop or anywhere near Anfield recently and you haven't got a clue about how the vibe in the ground erupts presently.
Allez Allez Allez does it and it unites all corners of the stadium.

It does. But it is also a discoordinated mess at the moment, even more then the others (although to be fair, it works as a discoordinated mess better then the others). I missed Southampton the other day, but it was being sung half-arsed for West Ham.

The Champo's last season though, and PSG last week, it was obviously getting belted out. Granted I'm usually stuck up in U1 or U9. But for me it just feels far more at home for European games.

Add to that there are probably about twenty teams with it as their anthem at the moment, including one or two others in the Prem, and that number is growing.

But each to their own, I'm hardly going to stop singing it if everyone else is.

I think poetry in motion will come back if we stay top for a couple of months. For me it was difficult to sing when City were clearly the best team in the land last year.

Yeah I'd like to see that come back

We'd hardly be dumping it. We're still in Europe aren't we? And we just smashed PSG.

As for Poetry in Motion, it is hard to sing "best team in the land" with gusto when you're floundering around outside the Top 4 meanwhile playing the worst Champions League football I have seen us play. I am not surprised it fizzled out that season. That was a hell of a hangover. 

More then anything, I'd like to see us come out with another belter for the league. But that's obviously much easier said then done.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #10059 on: September 24, 2018, 10:43:40 am »
More then anything, I'd like to see us come out with another belter for the league. But that's obviously much easier said then done.

If we're still top come the end of November I imagine something will emerge from the terraces.
:D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10060 on: September 27, 2018, 09:58:49 am »
Wasn't sure where to put this but does anyone know how the guy is who was taken ill in 305 last night? Looked like some swift work by the stewards, police and St John's so hopefully he's OK.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10061 on: September 28, 2018, 08:17:58 pm »
Midweek was embarrassing.

Was in 207 of the Kop.

Chelsea FC you ain't got no history, was funny for a year or two, circa 2005/07. Now it's just shite.

As for John Terry's Ma, loves the Scouse c*ck

Seriously?

Seriously?  Is that all we've got?

Is that the only witty retort we have?

Wow. How far we've fallen.

Whatever happened to witty, scathing, yet funny, put downs.  ???

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10062 on: October 7, 2018, 08:23:35 pm »
I've never seen so many tourists as I did today. And about 70% of the L-Postcode tickets in U1 had gone to non-locals. The amount of phones and ipads out for YNWA was beyond ridiculous. Getting an atmosphere going in that part of the stadium was a bit of a struggle.

Still it was good in some moments today considering there was so few chances. City missing that penalty was glorious.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #10063 on: October 7, 2018, 10:08:05 pm »
I've never seen so many tourists as I did today. And about 70% of the L-Postcode tickets in U1 had gone to non-locals. The amount of phones and ipads out for YNWA was beyond ridiculous. Getting an atmosphere going in that part of the stadium was a bit of a struggle.

Still it was good in some moments today considering there was so few chances. City missing that penalty was glorious.

Get used to it mate the tourist numbers are increasing with every game. A rough estimate I’d suggest is that half the stadium are from outside the Merseyside area if not more. Others may disagree and some more will say ‘what does it matter as long as they support the team’.

Well personally it does matter to me, the team is called Liverpool for a reason and the spirit and passion of the traditional Scouse support is essential as the heart and soul of the club.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #10064 on: October 7, 2018, 10:23:02 pm »
Get used to it mate the tourist numbers are increasing with every game. A rough estimate I’d suggest is that half the stadium are from outside the Merseyside area if not more. Others may disagree and some more will say ‘what does it matter as long as they support the team’.

Well personally it does matter to me, the team is called Liverpool for a reason and the spirit and passion of the traditional Scouse support is essential as the heart and soul of the club.

I love that we have supporters from everywhere but I agree, the owners need to be careful the club doesn’t lose it’s soul. It’s a bit of a balancing act but there’s enough tickets going to tourists now, more than enough. Careful LFC.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #10065 on: October 7, 2018, 11:37:00 pm »
I've never seen so many tourists as I did today. And about 70% of the L-Postcode tickets in U1 had gone to non-locals.

Had those tickets gone directly to non-locals or had the locals decided to sell them on at a profit?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #10066 on: October 7, 2018, 11:39:12 pm »
Went to a home game for the first time since April 2017. It's still shit. Think I'll give it another 18 months.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10067 on: October 7, 2018, 11:57:31 pm »
Had those tickets gone directly to non-locals or had the locals decided to sell them on at a profit?

I think you know the answer to this already mate...

Was horrendous today, but then again so was the game.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #10068 on: October 8, 2018, 04:38:09 am »

I think we need a bit more evidence than that of a fish before jumping to conclusions, don't you? See what I did there?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
« Reply #10069 on: October 8, 2018, 09:17:54 am »
Some right jobsworth stewards in L1 yesterday. Everyone on the end of their row were standing and yet he tried to make everybody sit down despite everyone being the last person in their row and nobody's view was being blocked. He kept trying it for about 10 minutes before giving up as nobody listened to him. He even got the police to talk to some people who were giving it back to the Man City fans as well.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #10070 on: October 8, 2018, 10:30:40 am »
I think we need a bit more evidence than that of a fish before jumping to conclusions, don't you? See what I did there?

I wasn’t mate. It was a genuine question. It’s just that most people on here seem happy to simply blame ‘tourists’ when the atmosphere is poor. Well, it’s at least possible that a perverse consequence of the club devising a system to get more tickets into the hands of locals is that there are more tourists on the Kop than ever before.

I hope someone at the club is looking into the problem and gathering evidence.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #10071 on: October 8, 2018, 10:41:17 am »
The club aren't obviously going to admit this but the simple fact is - they want tourists in the ground
They've been selling the 'Anfield atmsphere' to overseas fans for years - hence the increase in tourists inside the ground
I don't think anybody has an issue with 'tourists' as long as they support the team - however, majority of the ones I see are more interested in recording the full match/taking pics of players rather than actually singing and supporting the team

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10072 on: October 8, 2018, 10:48:20 am »
The club aren't obviously going to admit this but the simple fact is - they want tourists in the ground
They've been selling the 'Anfield atmsphere' to overseas fans for years - hence the increase in tourists inside the ground
I don't think anybody has an issue with 'tourists' as long as they support the team - however, majority of the ones I see are more interested in recording the full match/taking pics of players rather than actually singing and supporting the team

And yet most season ticket holders I see in the ground sit there and moan...

It's a combination of things not just tourists.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10073 on: October 8, 2018, 11:53:02 am »
I wasn’t mate. It was a genuine question. It’s just that most people on here seem happy to simply blame ‘tourists’ when the atmosphere is poor. Well, it’s at least possible that a perverse consequence of the club devising a system to get more tickets into the hands of locals is that there are more tourists on the Kop than ever before.

I hope someone at the club is looking into the problem and gathering evidence.

It's most likely locals selling them on. I dread to think how far above the £9 odds that many of those around me had paid for their tickets. It wouldn't be particularly hard for me to sell me and my mates tickets on for a healthy profit outside the stadium. You could probably charge ten-times the odds or more for a game of that magnitude. The L-Postcode tickets are in the Upper Main so I don't how it is in the Kop.

I know that it is not just tourists leading to a rubbish atmosphere. There are other factors involved. Nor am I even saying that foreigners are tourists, but it is often fairly obvious which are there for tourist purposes. It's just that yesterday I noticed a far higher amount then usual, presumably because of how high-profile the match was. The thing is that is exactly the kind of match where a decent atmosphere can help make or break the game. And it is massively disappointing that of the 500 tickets set aside for L-Postcodes each match, out of 52,000 seats, the majority still seem to find their way to non-lcoals. I am not saying that it being all locals would automatically improve the atmosphere up there, but I think it does help.

The thing is for the Champions League City match last season, the majority of those seats did seem to be in the hands of locals. U9 was like a mini-Kop in terms of atmosphere (then again half the stadium probably was that time round?). I don't know if that is because that was too big a game for even the touts to want to give up their tickets or what?

The problem for me is, these are the L-Postcode tickets that are only £9. The club isn't even making that much money off them - that profit is going straight to the touts.

I actually don't have a problem with the club putting seats aside for tourists to pay out the arse, but only if that comes with the caviet of more affordable tickets for everyone else.

« Last Edit: October 8, 2018, 11:57:29 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10074 on: October 8, 2018, 12:02:11 pm »
It's most likely locals selling them on. I dread to think how far above the £9 odds that many of those around me had paid for their tickets. It wouldn't be particularly hard for me to sell me and my mates tickets on for a healthy profit outside the stadium. You could probably charge ten-times the odds or more for a game of that magnitude. The L-Postcode tickets are in the Upper Main so I don't how it is in the Kop.

I know that it is not just tourists leading to a rubbish atmosphere. There are other factors involved. Nor am I even saying that foreigners are tourists, but it is often fairly obvious which are there for tourist purposes. It's just that yesterday I noticed a far higher amount then usual, presumably because of how high-profile the match was. The thing is that is exactly the kind of match where a decent atmosphere can help make or break the game. And it is massively disappointing that of the 500 tickets set aside for L-Postcodes each match, out of 52,000 seats, the majority still seem to find their way to non-lcoals. I am not saying that it being all locals would automatically improve the atmosphere up there, but I think it does help.

The thing is for the Champions League City match last season, the majority of those seats did seem to be in the hands of locals. U9 was like a mini-Kop in terms of atmosphere (then again half the stadium probably was that time round?). I don't know if that is because that was too big a game for even the touts to want to give up their tickets or what?

The problem for me is, these are the L-Postcode tickets that are only £9. The club isn't even making that much money off them - that profit is going straight to the touts.

I actually don't have a problem with the club putting seats aside for tourists to pay out the arse, but only if that comes with the caviet of more affordable tickets for everyone else.

I get the £9 tickets and agree that for certain games, there does seem to be a distinct lack of locals sat around you. The only thing you can do is note the seat numbers and report it, the stewards can check their tickets.

The club won't carry on doing things like this if the system is being abused.

Though, I think you should have to pay a fee at the start of the season, fiver or something, for a card to get local tickets and yes, it should have a fucking photo on it.

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10075 on: October 8, 2018, 12:27:48 pm »
I get the £9 tickets and agree that for certain games, there does seem to be a distinct lack of locals sat around you. The only thing you can do is note the seat numbers and report it, the stewards can check their tickets.

The club won't carry on doing things like this if the system is being abused.

Though, I think you should have to pay a fee at the start of the season, fiver or something, for a card to get local tickets and yes, it should have a fucking photo on it.

Tough with the £9 tickets, I get quite a few per season and agree you see a lot of none scousers around. 

Doesn't necessarily mean they don't have an L postcode, I work at the university and we have 6000 Asian students for a start that would all be entitled to local sales

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10076 on: October 8, 2018, 12:39:23 pm »
Sorry but tourists had nothing whatsoever to do with the atmosphere yesterday, you can tell if theres so many of them if they start clapping after one verse of You'll never walk alone, yesterday there was barely any so was no where near the embarassing amount that clapped and stopped it altogether in the league cup game the other week. The atmosphere was all down to nerves and tension of the game, before it even kicked off you could just sense the fans didnt know what to expect with recent performances and feared the worst, which just transmits to the players. Last season in the two games in both the league and Champions League, the fans and the players played and got behind the team without any fear at all, in respect in those we had nothing to lose whilst yesterday not losing the game and losing ground was imperative. The next 3 homes games are guaranteed to be even worse though - Cardiff, Red Star Belgrade and Fulham, just have to hope the front line fills their boots in those.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10077 on: October 8, 2018, 01:06:29 pm »
Sorry but tourists had nothing whatsoever to do with the atmosphere yesterday, you can tell if theres so many of them if they start clapping after one verse of You'll never walk alone, yesterday there was barely any so was no where near the embarassing amount that clapped and stopped it altogether in the league cup game the other week. The atmosphere was all down to nerves and tension of the game, before it even kicked off you could just sense the fans didnt know what to expect with recent performances and feared the worst, which just transmits to the players. Last season in the two games in both the league and Champions League, the fans and the players played and got behind the team without any fear at all, in respect in those we had nothing to lose whilst yesterday not losing the game and losing ground was imperative. The next 3 homes games are guaranteed to be even worse though - Cardiff, Red Star Belgrade and Fulham, just have to hope the front line fills their boots in those.

Three local lads did this yesterday on the Kop. It's just a weird thing people seem to just have timing issues with I think lol.

I generally wouldn't say the atmosphere was bad yesterday. Been far worse minus the periods of silence. Was a bit Anfield Road looked like it was rocking too which is nice to see. I think it was just a mixture of nerves, tension and a bit of a "chess" game in terms of a match. Had we scored early or been creating chances, it would have been a different story.

Nevertheless, I weirdly encountered way more Americans yesterday than ever before at a game.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2018, 01:09:08 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Ossie T

• Main Stander
« Reply #10078 on: October 8, 2018, 03:39:55 pm »
Went to a home game for the first time since April 2017. It's still shit. Think I'll give it another 18 months.

It'll only be worse mate..

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #10079 on: October 8, 2018, 03:49:11 pm »
Wait for the atmosphere to get good again and then come back instead of helping improve it. That's part of the problem.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.