Author Topic: Reds renew with shirt sponsor Standard Chartered  (Read 40625 times)

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
Re: Reds renew with shirt sponsor Standard Chartered
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2015, 10:38:13 am »
Does anyone know if the extension is more than the £20m a season we already have?

regardless of the current Liverpool FC slump from May 2014 - current date, the sponsorship extension should be a staged increase, this would have been considered and a caveat to the negotiations to the original deal. Liverpool FC as a global brand is still increasing regardless of the poor standing.

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2015, 10:18:37 am »
Where we currently stand in the Premier League of ‘shirt sponsorships’.

And some said we couldn't make fourth  ::)
“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2015, 12:02:08 pm »
Jumping above Arsenal will definitely be the bench mark for the new deal. I imagine we'll be aiming for something around £35-40m a season, maybe a bit lower if we want to continue having a separate training kit sponsor.

Offline tyrolean_red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2015, 12:17:48 pm »
Jumping above Arsenal will definitely be the bench mark for the new deal. I imagine we'll be aiming for something around £35-40m a season, maybe a bit lower if we want to continue having a separate training kit sponsor.
I think that should be our aim. I also think it's quite reasonable, as wherever you look, our global support is only topped by United concerning English teams.
Thank you Stevie! It was a pleasure.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2015, 12:23:55 pm »
I forgot they were our sponsor until I saw this thread. I just ignore the shirt apart from the badge and the red.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2015, 04:55:53 pm »
My absolute favourite global money laundering banking group!

This is what I was thinking and then I read this today (granted the source of Zerohedge  is a doom-and-goom financial blog).

First Of Many: Standard Chartered Hit By Billions In Losses From Commodity Crash

Now that even the pundit brigade has confessed that crashing crude may not be the "unambiguously good" event all of them had sworn as recently as a month ago it surely would be, and stocks are beginning to comprehend that plunging oil may well be rather "unambiguously bad" because without EPS growth (energy is well over 10% of S&P EPS), without multiple expansion (rumor has it the Fed will hike this year), without a jump in stock buybacks (energy companies account for 30% of the buyback growth in 2015 according to Goldman) and without a boost to GDP (energy capex plans are imploding), the only way is down. But there was one key element missing from the "bad" scenario: impaired banks. At least until now, because as Reuters reports, Asia-focused bank Standard Chartered is the first (of many) bank facing billions in losses resulting from the crude crash.

The bank, which recently has been on a firing spree and even exited its entire equity business, will likely need $4.4 billion of extra provisions to cover losses from commodities loans, potentially forcing it to raise billions of dollars from investors, analysts said on Monday.

From Reuters:

Credit Suisse analysts said the losses could force Standard Chartered to raise $6.9 billion to improve its core capital ratio to 11 percent by the end of the year. "We think the needed provisioning could be large enough to require further capital measures, such as further equity raising, and/or dividend reductions," analyst Carla Antunes-Silva said in a note.

Standard Chartered's shares were down 2.3 percent at 923 pence by 1330 GMT, the weakest major European bank.

There were previous hints, completely ignored by the markets of course, that things at this China-heavy bank are going from bad to worse: a jump in Standard Chartered's bad debts in the third quarter has prompted concern that it could face heavy losses from commodities loans after the fall in the price of oil and commodities.

The loss could be lower...

Credit Suisse's estimate was based on an "adverse" scenario that would see the bank need $4.4 billion to maintain its capital ratio, based on a potential $2.6 billion of pretax provisioning for commodities loans that sour and a higher risk-weighting on the loans.

Then again, considering that the "adverse" scenario in the ECB stress case didn't even consider the current deflationary environment, the loss could be far higher. Which means capital raises are on deck, and logically Credit Suisse said the bank could announce a rights issue or cut the dividend at its 2014 results, due on March 4.

"We believe the last two years of de-rating have been driven largely by weaker revenue and that the asset quality deterioration leg is now setting in," said Credit Suisse, maintaining its "underperform" rating on the stock. Analysts at JPMorgan and Jefferies also cut their target prices on the stock on Monday, saying that credit quality could deteriorate.

Standard Chartered CEO Peter Sands is under pressure after a troubled two years in which profits have fallen, halting a decade of record earnings. Some investors have said that Sands should go or the bank should set out succession plans.

One down: many more to go. Hopefully equity investors are as generous to all those other banks who will be stunned to learn they, too, need billions more in capital.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-13/first-many-standard-chartered-hit-billions-losses-commodity-crash

Not been a good six months for many at the club
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2015, 07:44:58 pm »
Hopefully Nomura are sniffing around and it will help up the price. For us, it's all about getting the most we can get and as long as they are not completely evil (though SC are no angels of course) then it's all good

Where we currently stand in the Premier League of ‘shirt sponsorships’.

And some said we couldn't make fourth  ::)

Thanks for posting that. Obviously that chart may have some caveats like how much of City's sponsorship is actually legit and whether Arsenal's has been split properly from the stadium naming rights. Of course, both Utd & ourselves have branched out into multiple big deals for training etc. Also, these things work in cycles so I guess Chelsea may get a big one next time.

What is alarming is the drop off beyond Spurs - When Newcastle & Everton are getting over £10m less a season you know there are problems.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2015, 01:22:05 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ian-ayre-fenway-not-sell-8445125

Mentions we are looking for £5mil per year for naming the stand.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2015, 08:17:28 am »
Read they were looking for an extra £10million a season from any new sponsor (kit)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2015, 09:14:29 am »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2015, 09:34:27 am »
Owners considering a sign on the side of the stadium saying "The Liverpool Football Club"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpools-us-owners-plan-stadium-sign-that-will-put-manchester-uniteds-in-the-shade-9981718.html

Interersting , not sure if i like it or not... sounds like a real statement
Insert obscure quote here

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2015, 05:05:49 pm »
LFC have signed a three-year extension to their deal with main sponsors Standard Chartered.

Standard Chartered name will continue to appear on LFC shirts until 2019

Liverpool FC have signed a new three year shirt deal with current partner Standard Chartered.

The move will see the global banking organisation maintain an association with Liverpool up to the end of the 2019/19 season.

The details of the contract have not been announced but the club were known to be seeking a shirt deal starting around the £30m a year mark.

Standard Chartered’s relationship with the Reds dates back to July 2010 and an initial four year deal worth £20m a year. An extension for two years was signed in 2013 with the terms confidential and that is due to run out at the end of next season.

Billy Hogan, Liverpool FC’s chief commercial officer, said: “This extension further demonstrates the great strength of our long term relationship and the success of our partnership with Standard Chartered.

“The sponsorship of the Liverpool shirt is extremely prestigious and only five brands will have adorned the shirt in the 40 years since we created the sponsorship opportunity.

“At the end of this term we will have been working in partnership with Standard Charted for almost a decade and we continue to collaborate on our shared values, passion and commitment to the community.”

The most obvious use of the partnership between the two brands has been the Seeing is Believing event – where LFC players swap the Standard Chartered logo on their shirts for the Seeing is Believing one – which has supported the Bank’s programme tackling avoidable blindness around the world and raised $340,000.

The bank says its sponsorship of the Reds has also allowed it to leverage LFC’s major social media presence to educate and share awareness on HIV/AIDS, supporting the bank’s Living with HIV programme.

Peter Sands, group chief executive for Standard Chartered, said: “Liverpool Football Club is a fantastic club and hugely popular across our global footprint.

“Over the last five years our partnership has allowed us to deepen our engagement with our customers, clients and staff, and has provided valuable support to the charitable initiatives close to our hearts. We are very pleased to be able to continue this collaboration, and look forward to what we can achieve together in the future.”

The bank has run Liverpool Legend-led soccer clinics for more than 3,500 children across 16 of their markets, and the Standard Chartered Trophy, an annual five-a-side football tournament for teams from around the world to play at Anfield.

Liverpool’s previous shirt sponsors were Hitachi, Crown, Candy and Carlsberg.

Manchester United’s current shirt deal is worth £47m a year with Chevrolet while Arsenal’s with Fly emirates is worth £30m a year.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-sign-new-three-9092351
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 05:11:47 pm by Bonsky »
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2015, 05:07:21 pm »
Jamie Carragher ‏@Carra23 3m3 minutes ago

@TonyBarretTimes After villa defeat we announce sponsorship deal, Henderson new deal we'll get linked with Suarez tomorrow! #needgoodnews

;D
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2015, 05:09:48 pm »

@TonyBarretTimes After villa defeat we announce sponsorship deal, Henderson new deal we'll get linked with Suarez tomorrow! #needgoodnews

;D
Haha love Carra.. He badly wants Luis back here too :)
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2015, 05:12:14 pm »
Oh look! Regular as clockwork, lets roll out some good news so the fans dont feel like shit.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2015, 05:13:16 pm »
It's just good parenting.
I'll take any good news now.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2015, 05:15:25 pm »

;D

Ha ha Class!

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2015, 05:15:35 pm »
La La La unicorns and rainbows.. Happy days, Aston Who?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2015, 05:17:49 pm »
Wow, I`m so happy right now, FSG have done it again, yeah, more money!

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2015, 05:20:40 pm »
This club excels at spin I will give them that if only they were so good at closing deals for quality players

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2015, 05:21:38 pm »
This club excels at spin I will give them that if only they were so good at closing deals for quality players

Surely even you can see the irony in your post?

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2015, 05:21:50 pm »
Where's my pay?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2015, 05:22:32 pm »
Wow, I`m so happy right now, FSG have done it again, yeah, more money!

Thank you John!!!
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2015, 05:23:05 pm »
Yes! 30m there for berahino

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2015, 05:37:49 pm »
Forget the FA Cup Final we've got a renewed shirt sponsorship deal in lads, now there’s a reason to celebrate ;)

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2015, 05:38:02 pm »
Thank you John!!!
No problem mate, gonna get me maracas out in a minute and do the fucking limbo, go FSG!

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2015, 05:39:10 pm »
Get in!
Great news for LFC!!!
This means we can compete with any club in the world now; FSG are keeping their promise.  :wave
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2015, 05:39:39 pm »
Our shirt sponsors are the international corporate bankers that ruin our economy and fuel the financial disparity that makes it impossible for working class fans to afford tickets to see their football club.

Hopefully that 30 mill at least goes towards Ings or perhaps an Andy Carroll comeback. I trust in the committee.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2015, 05:40:53 pm »
My source tells me we'll be announcing our new cufflink partner in the next few days. Who cares about results on the field?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2015, 05:43:00 pm »
My source tells me we'll be announcing our new cufflink partner in the next few days. Who cares about results on the field?
Seriously?

Fucking buzzing, always wanted a source of discounted cuff links, back of the net.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2015, 05:45:50 pm »
Thinking of getting old Ian on the back of a shirt next year

Wonder if this means ticket prices won't go up next year? Somehow I doubt it
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2015, 05:48:47 pm »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2015, 05:49:59 pm »
I want Candy!  (as in the song)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2015, 05:50:45 pm »
That's the Klopp fund, right there.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2015, 05:51:15 pm »
Thinking of getting old Ian on the back of a shirt next year

Wonder if this means ticket prices won't go up next year? Somehow I doubt it
This probably means a ticket price rise.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2015, 05:53:45 pm »
Any business in sports operates this way so why would you expect FSG to be different.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2015, 05:56:32 pm »
Any business in sports operates this way so why would you expect FSG to be different.

How dare you, you use logic here.
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Timeless Melody

• Kopite
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2015, 06:12:33 pm »
Liverpool fc exists to sign sponsorship deals.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2015, 06:15:29 pm »
Liverpool fc exists to sign sponsorship deals.

You'd get people moaning if we weren't just like in the Parry /Moores years.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2015, 06:25:58 pm »
we are top of commercial league
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"