Author Topic: Reds renew with shirt sponsor Standard Chartered  (Read 40617 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Reds renew with shirt sponsor Standard Chartered
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2015, 07:29:12 pm »
Our shirt sponsors are the international corporate bankers that ruin our economy and fuel the financial disparity that makes it impossible for working class fans to afford tickets to see their football club.
so who would be an acceptable sponsor

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2015, 07:38:45 pm »

Daves Chippy  ;D

Offline xan21uk

• Main Stander
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2015, 07:46:38 pm »
I'm pretty sure that any sponsor we would get, or anyone else for that matter with the exception of Barca, will be a huge corporation who are in the business of making money. I'm okay with that if it allows us to compete in the transfer market. Would i rather be sponsored by a green company who save dolphins, furnish old peoples homes and allow us to spend 4 million in the transfer window, or a bank who let us spend £100 million?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2015, 07:48:35 pm »
or anyone else for that matter with the exception of Barca

Qatar Airways?

The airline owned by the state which is currently employing (and killing) migrants to build stadiums for the WC?

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2015, 09:22:49 pm »

Not saying they're unacceptable, as such - just that it's ironic supporters are buying shirts with an advertisement for precisely the corporations that create the economic conditions whereby they are unable to regularly attend games.

I'm against advertising in football in general though. Not exclusively in this case. Just think there's a tinge of irony to it is all.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Standard Chartered deal extended
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2015, 10:24:30 pm »
For what it's worth..

Liverpool FC and Standard Chartered bank have announced a three-year extension to their existing sponsorship deal...

Liverpool kits will be adorned by the Standard Chartered logo until at least the end of the 2018-19 season, it has been confirmed today.

The global investment bank, based in Asia, originally signed up as the club's main sponsor in July 2010, replacing brewing giant Carlsberg, and a previous extension to the partnership was agreed in 2013.

The exact financial terms of the new agreement remain confidential but many sources, including The Telegraph, believe it could represent an annual increase of £10m to £30m-per-season.

Of the deal, Billy Hogan, Liverpool's Chief Commercial Officer, said: "This extension further demonstrates the great strength of our long term relationship and the success of our partnership with Standard Chartered.

"The sponsorship of the Liverpool shirt is extremely prestigious and only five brands will have adorned the shirt in the 40 years since we created the sponsorship opportunity.

"At the end of this term we will have been working in partnership with Standard Charted for almost a decade and we continue to collaborate on our shared values, passion and commitment to the community."

Peter Sands, Group Chief Executive at Standard Chartered, added: "Liverpool Football Club is a fantastic club and hugely popular across our global footprint.

"Over the last five years our partnership has allowed us to deepen our engagement with our customers, clients and staff, and has provided valuable support to the charitable initiatives close to our hearts.

"We are very pleased to be able to continue this collaboration, and look forward to what we can achieve together in the future."

Read more: http://www.liverpool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=397329#ixzz3XytgOEVB

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2015, 10:32:35 pm »
30M a year?

How much was Yerniteds new deal again?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2015, 10:35:18 pm »
£47m
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2015, 10:35:56 pm »
30M a year?

That's not what it says.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2015, 10:51:33 pm »
30M a year?

The exact financial terms of the new agreement remain confidential but many sources, including The Telegraph, believe it could represent an annual increase of £10m to £30m-per-season.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2015, 10:53:28 pm »
we are top of commercial league

'We don't carry bottles, we don't carry lead
We only carry mutually beneficient strategic partnerships
To bury in your 'ead ...'

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2015, 10:53:53 pm »

Not exactly earth shattering is it? But given where we are at on the playing field, about as much as we could have hoped for I guess.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2015, 09:06:35 am »
Not exactly earth shattering is it? But given where we are at on the playing field, about as much as we could have hoped for I guess.

That's the thing for me. United managed to strike a record deal after the disaster that was David Moyes, while we can't get close after the most thrilling season we've had in 5 years or so.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2015, 09:07:27 am »
That's the thing for me. United managed to strike a record deal after the disaster that was David Moyes, while we can't get close after the most thrilling season we've had in 5 years or so.

Their deal is HEAVILY dependant on getting CL football, if they drop out of it it drops by a percentage per year.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2015, 09:14:36 am »
Their deal is HEAVILY dependant on getting CL football, if they drop out of it it drops by a percentage per year.

Well that's no big deal then.  Obviously they're in it next season.  Plus if what you say's accurate they'd need to drop out for quite a few years on the bounce for it to have any significant financial impact re their sponsorship deal.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2015, 09:21:31 am »

United signed the Chevrolet deal in July 2012, a year before Fergie even announced his retirement and after 2 decades of sustained success.

Since we signed the original £20m SC deal in 2010 we've managed to renogetiate to be able to sell the training kit seperately (worth an apparent £16m) and have now renewed the main shirt for a 50% increase on a pretty short term deal (United's runs to 2021 for instance).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:24:22 am by CraigDS »

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2015, 09:27:40 am »
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2015, 09:57:55 am »
O fantastic, and when are they going to use the money to stop treating the supporters like dirt, charging them every penny they're able to squeeze out of them? Not a chance with this lot.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Get em Kells!

• Main Stander
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2015, 01:45:02 pm »
Meh. Their logo is shit. Could be worse though. Anyone know how long united have that god awful chevy logo on theirs? :puke2

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2015, 01:47:15 pm »
Meh. Their logo is shit. Could be worse though. Anyone know how long united have that god awful chevy logo on theirs? :puke2

6 years left on the deal.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2015, 01:52:55 pm »
That's the kit deal with Adidas you're talking about there.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2015, 02:20:54 pm »
'We don't carry bottles, we don't carry lead
We only carry mutually beneficient strategic partnerships
To bury in your 'ead ...'

Clever.  ;D

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2015, 05:20:35 pm »
Thinking of getting old Ian on the back of a shirt next year

Wonder if this means ticket prices won't go up next year? Somehow I doubt it

Photoshop. Look at the hands!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2015, 05:21:30 pm »
Photoshop. Look at the hands!

Yup, 6 fingers.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2015, 05:26:59 pm »
Interested to know the full details of this deal and how it compares to our domestic and European rivals (I.e. Spurs, Southampton, Lille, Sevilla, Vladikavkaz, Sturm Graz).

Like it or not, these deals are important to keep the club competitive in our pursuit of top 6 in the premier league, winning the rumbelows cup and europa league.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 05:28:53 pm by Vishy »
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2015, 05:33:05 pm »
Interested to know the full details of this deal and how it compares to your domestically and European rivals.

Like it or not, these deals are important to keep the club competitive.

I suspect the increase was fairly modest.  If it was a 'record deal' the club would have been shouting it from the rooftops.

The Swiss Ramble's view (on our financial performance over the last few years in general, not on this specific deal) is that while FSG have greatly increased our commercial revenue during their tenure, we are still struggling to keep pace with the 4 clubs ahead of us.  Our absence from the Champions League doesn't help as that is such a huge tv market.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2015, 05:38:52 pm »
I suspect the increase was fairly modest.  If it was a 'record deal' the club would have been shouting it from the rooftops.

The Swiss Ramble's view (on our financial performance over the last few years in general, not on this specific deal) is that while FSG have greatly increased our commercial revenue during their tenure, we are still struggling to keep pace with the 4 clubs ahead of us.  Our absence from the Champions League doesn't help as that is such a huge tv market.

You replied to my message before I made a caustic, sarcastic edit ;D

Would be good to have specifics. You make good points though sir.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2015, 05:45:15 pm »
Echo and most other reliable sources are saying £30m, which seems about right given what others have got and what we were apparently looking for.

Is a 50% increase over the current deal if so, in line with what both Chelsea and Arsenal have recently signed I think too - although we also have Garuda sponsoring the training kits which is meant to be worth something like £16m a season.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2015, 05:45:17 pm »

Aren't Atletico Madrid sponsored by Azerbaijan ?

Cuba for us
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2015, 05:52:43 pm »
^ What are we going to do with 40 million quid worth of sugar cane rum cigars and hot chicks with swivel pelvises?

Wait.....if we can sign up an ancillary hot-tub supplier there could be a solid business plan in this........
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2015, 05:57:01 pm »

^ What are we going to do with 40 million quid worth of sugar cane rum cigars and hot chicks with swivel pelvises?

Wait.....if we can sign up an ancillary hot-tub supplier there could be a solid business plan in this........

:D

'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2015, 05:59:03 pm »
Aren't Atletico Madrid sponsored by Azerbaijan ?
Cuba for us
What happened to Gaddafi wanting to sponsor us? Oh, nevermind.

Offline Retro Red

• Listen to this Man.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2015, 06:34:42 pm »
Qatar Airways?

The airline owned by the state which is currently employing (and killing) migrants to build stadiums for the WC?

Seen who's building Liverpool's main stand Craig?

Not exactly without the blood of the Qatari world cup on their hands are they?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2015, 06:51:50 pm »
Seen who's building Liverpool's main stand Craig?

Not exactly without the blood of the Qatari world cup on their hands are they?

I wasn't the one suggesting that Barca can attract a sponsor who isn't in some way 'bad'.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2015, 07:25:09 pm »
Any business in sports operates this way so why would you expect FSG to be different.

I don`t expect them to be any different Geoff, the fact is, if we want to compete on the field, we need stuff like this. It`s just the timing of it that`s pissed me off.

There`s unrest amongst the natives after a season of decay so what do the money men do? Release some info that will placate the masses, "Look at us, we`re doing really well for you, we`ve got Jordan to sign a new deal and here`s more money going into the coffers, there there now, sit quietly in the corner and keep giving us your money". Fucking spin doctors R Us!

Call me cynical Geoff, but the timing of it stinks. I`m so pissed off with the way footballs going, what`s happened with the club this season, ticket prices, ticket demand, ticket tourists, ticket fucking tout supporting tourists, that I don`t want to be patronised with more money bollocks.

I want FSG to tell me how they are going to use the massive up coming TV deal to reduce ticket prices to help the fans see the red men, tell me how they are going to let me bring my kids along and actually get to see a game so I can pass down to my kids what my Dad passed down to me, tell me how they are going to help the travelling fans from being ripped off by other clubs, tell me how they are going to stop the fucking selfie stick football tourist from dragging our traditions away from us by turning Anfield into a fucking laughing stock, tell me how they are going to reward life long fans like me and you Geoff who have spent the majority of our lives carrying this club through thick and thin. Fuck sake just tell me something that doesn`t involve the next commercial fucking venture.

Sorry for the expletives Geoffrey but I`m so disillusioned with it all.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2015, 07:11:06 am »
Interested to know the full details of this deal and how it compares to our domestic and European rivals (I.e. Spurs, Southampton, Lille, Sevilla, Vladikavkaz, Sturm Graz).

Like it or not, these deals are important to keep the club competitive in our pursuit of top 6 in the premier league, winning the rumbelows cup and europa league.

Nah mate I hope we focus on winning the Inter Toto. I heard the winners of that get a bye into the 4th round of the Milk Cup, which is the only round Ibe is not cup tied for.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2018, 10:46:20 am »
This is up for renewal next year and at the moment our sponsorship is 6th highest in the league at £30m a year. We should be 3rd realistically, above Chelsea Spurs and City. Arsenal's includes stadium naming rights and United are united.

Time for a sponsorship change? Maybe they will integrate main stand naming rights as part of the deal?

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2018, 02:59:22 pm »
You can certainly see how brand awareness is raised through these shirt deals , I bet a high percentage of football supporters had  no idea what standard chartered was or did , is there a growing company that needs to raise its awareness for something that may become big in the next few years ...off the top of my head tesla the Electric car manufacturer might be looking to increase it's  branding outside the states and lfc gets you European , australian and far east exposure .

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2018, 03:42:26 pm »
Tesla certainly don't need our help with pushing their brand.