Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Black Bull Nova on Today at 12:45:46 am »
Could easily have been the frustration of a player knowing he might not win a major trophy again.
If he'd been in form the last few weeks we might have
Granted, but it's 12 years ago. City hadn't started to completely dominate and were quite flawed in winning that title too. United were also so used to winning that it was almost passé at that point.

There's no way that the more modern United, after a long period in mediocrity, go close and lose out narrowly to the cheats and don't massively kick off about it now. It's a completely different situation and context to 2012.

Though you are right when you say we loved it then and we'd probably love it again if we're being honest.  Despite City being the worst thing that ever happened to the game.
I don't mind saying I enjoyed that afternoon, years of Ferguson and United made me want them to suffer and the fact that it was City made it better. It was a good game as well, the only exciting game I can remember City being involved in the PL.

I'm well over it now, nobody really knew what was going on then and they still had players like Lescott, Balotelli, Richards, Milner so it did not quite feel like they were cheating at that stage (front stage that is)
Ornstein dropped in the Athletic Podcast a few days ago that Kudus has a release clause. Probably more than the £38m they paid for him but not near Paqueta's £80m release clause. I'd guess somewhere in the £60-65m range. Edwards a massive fan. I would be very surprised if we didn't revisit that this summer and test West Ham.
What makes Arsenal so good is how good they are out of possession. I remember Arteta in his early days calling us the gold standard off the ball in an interview after we battered them.

For whatever reason, we’re not that anymore and haven’t been in a while, with the make up of the squad and first XI reflecting that. We don’t seem hungry to defend and harry and hustle like we used to… hopefully that comes back. It felt like there was a clear departure from our ‘be the worst team to play against’ model after won the title.

I remember the below comments during 2018ish from Hojberg. We were an absolute machine off the ball and didn't give teams a sniff. It was pure suffocation.

"I played in Germany against Bayern Munich and Dortmund, I played against Manchester City in the Champions League, but I must say this is maybe the best team I have ever played against," 

"It's unbelievable how they move, how they stand, how they work together - it's like a symphony".

I praise Arsenal quite a bit... but a lot of it is envy. It annoys me how they are what we used to be.

We need to start with out 8s not being so wacky with their positioning. No need for them to be so wide at times. Next get a 6 who is a game changer off the ball. It boggles the mind how some claim we don't need a 6 when you have to only look at our rivals and what they get out of Rice and Rodri off the ball, or what we got out of a prime Fabinho in our side between 2018-20.

We also need our CBs to up their intensity in squeezing the play like VVD and Matip used to, or how Saliba and Gabriel are currently doing for Arsenal. We need a CB who is as close to as the young Van Dijk as we can get. We won't find a replica but finding someone close to that is feasible.

That will all in some way help us from not being such a soft touch, and what do you know we will also suddently stop conceding the first goal as much.
Damn that Mane was good.
Or the teams that are not sportswashed to say fuck this and go back to the EFL. I cannot see the Arsenal owners putting up with this much longer, nor FSG, Levy, nor Villas owners. I can also see Ineos not being happy so could drag Utd away too.
It's sort of why I'd prefer City to win the league, it's meaningless (it also means we've won more than Arsenal this season unlike how it feels)
That’s a real shame, was looking forward to seeing him against GDC this week at Punchestown.

Very sad
How would you enforce an outdoor ban?

You could start with what happens indoors. Get non-smokers to point out to smokers that you can't do that here or anywhere. Parents currently do it at most sporting fields that have bans now. Then you have police issuing fines just like they do now for people smoking pot in public.
Force the cigarette companies to make a 100% biodegradable product. Price them at Australian prices ($50 for pack of 20). Ban smoking at all outdoor locations (only in households without children being present), reduce overseas travellers allowance to 25 cigarettes per adult.
How would you enforce an outdoor ban?
Media and Arts / Re: Only connect...
« Last post by Wabaloolah on Today at 12:05:56 am »
Connections
Puzzle #323
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10