Poll

Who would you like to see lift the trophy on 11th July in Joburg?

England
Spain
Italy
France
Brazil
Argentina
Germany
South Africa
Holland
Portugal
USA
Australia
Other (please say who)

Author Topic: World Cup 2010 Thread  (Read 28562 times)

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: World Cup 2010 Thread
« Reply #480 on: March 7, 2010, 11:51:44 am »
Fair Comment... However I would still want anyone to win over Spain anyday.
I actaully dont think England would beat Spain, so I am hoping Spain are out before they can meet us. It will give us a lot better chance to progress staying away from that lot.

Yeah, no shit they wouldn't beat Spain. That's because England are fucking shit.

How can anyone say they would like to see that fucken crack head ferdinand lift the world cup is beyond me.

Word. It's almost as bad a proposition as watching Ireland in the competition. Almost, but not quite.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #481 on: March 7, 2010, 12:35:14 pm »
Racism mate... I cant stand them. I will never forget the monkey chants, and UEFA or FIFA only gave them a small fine.

You are aware England fans in the past have done exactly the same thing, prior to Viv Anderson playing thirty odd years ago. Spain's first ever black player to represent them, Marcos Senna didn't gain his first cap until a few years after we played Spain with those chants.

As far as racism goes, how are Spain worst? There's only one reason Balotelli hasn't played for Italy yet, and it's not because Lippi doesn't want to pick him.
hi

Offline niallo27

• I like iceburgers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: March 7, 2010, 12:59:19 pm »
Yeah, no shit they wouldn't beat Spain. That's because England are fucking shit.

Word. It's almost as bad a proposition as watching Ireland in the competition. Almost, but not quite.

I dont know why us irish get such a hard time in here, i mean if half your mothers didnt like the irish cock so much in the 60s most of ye wouldnt be around

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #483 on: March 7, 2010, 01:07:11 pm »
150 votes for England, 16 votes for Brazil? Come on chaps..

It's between Spain and Brazil for me..depending on who builds up the bigger head of steam. I'm a little bias toward Brazil, and while Dunga makes some baffling decisions, he makes the players fight, and usually the ability comes out naturally. Not much needs to be said about that Spanish side, quality and cohesion throughout.

Germans and Italians have a shot, just through sheer bloodymindedness. Argentina will be nowhere, Maradona and their "defence" will see to that. ;D

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #484 on: March 7, 2010, 01:16:15 pm »
Spain and Brazil would be the dream final.

I would want England to win it but fear a spanking if we came up against the previous mentioned teams.

Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #485 on: March 7, 2010, 01:23:20 pm »
I dont know why us irish get such a hard time in here, i mean if half your mothers didnt like the irish cock so much in the 60s most of ye wouldnt be around

You've probably answered your own question there

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: March 7, 2010, 01:26:21 pm »
Seeing as Sweden aren't in it I will be supporting Argentina and Uruguay. Really excited about the latters attacking players and no nonsense defence.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #487 on: March 7, 2010, 01:26:51 pm »

I know I probably shouldn't but:

:lmao :lmao :lmao
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #488 on: March 7, 2010, 01:35:00 pm »

:lmao

Go raibh mile mile maith agat a chara.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #489 on: March 7, 2010, 03:23:02 pm »
Any two of Brazil, Spain, Argentina and England being in the final would be awesome for me. Except England vs Spain, England's organisation just isn;t a match for Spain's technical ability, and unbelievable personel.

Offline Hyderabad Red

• Is back... and having an identity crisis.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: March 7, 2010, 04:05:32 pm »
My B'day is on July 10th.I am expecting Gerrard to gift me the trophy along with Rio(sigh..). :)

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #491 on: March 7, 2010, 06:31:24 pm »
Argentina all the way, love watching the crazy bastards and in Messi they have teh single best player in the World right now by an absolute street. Always behind the Argie boys, love watching them play.

Secondly, Spain, just for the Liverpool contingent.

After that, any of the other 29 teams. And then the White Shite.

And yes, if they do reach a final, and are up against North Korea/Ghana/Germany/New Zealand etc, my view will not have changed in the slightest.

Love to see Mascherano lift the trophy, will be tough with soft arse in charge but the form Messi, Higuain, Tevtz, Mascherano are in and the return to the squad of Samuel, you never know!!

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #492 on: March 7, 2010, 06:42:11 pm »
150 votes for England, 16 votes for Brazil? Come on chaps..

It's between Spain and Brazil for me..depending on who builds up the bigger head of steam. I'm a little bias toward Brazil, and while Dunga makes some baffling decisions, he makes the players fight, and usually the ability comes out naturally. Not much needs to be said about that Spanish side, quality and cohesion throughout.

Germans and Italians have a shot, just through sheer bloodymindedness. Argentina will be nowhere, Maradona and their "defence" will see to that. ;D

Engalnd have more votes than:

Italy
France
Brazil
Argentina
Germany
South Africa
Holland
Portugal

combined

That's quite shocking to be honest, also 200 for Spain makes it seem like a forgone conclusion, which it is not.
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: March 7, 2010, 06:45:06 pm »
swedenred? your moaning about racism yet you left our country because of too many immigrants  rolling on floor laughing here.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline ceros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: March 7, 2010, 06:46:17 pm »
But the question is "Who would you like to see lift the trophy on 11th July in Joburg?" not who will win the WC. Of course England is going to have more votes than all those other teams put together. A lot of people here are English and not all dislike England.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: March 7, 2010, 06:46:45 pm »
But the question is "Who would you like to see lift the trophy on 11th July in Joburg?" not who will win the WC. Of course England is going to have more votes than all those other teams put together.
Exactly.
psn = Lents123

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #496 on: March 7, 2010, 06:47:09 pm »
But the question is "Who would you like to see lift the trophy on 11th July in Joburg?" not who will win the WC. Of course England is going to have more votes than all those other teams put together. A lot of people here are English and not all dislike England.

Good point. Still surprised so many want England to win though ;)

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #497 on: March 8, 2010, 09:01:51 am »
Good point. Still surprised so many want England to win though ;)

If the question was who do you want to get twatted the most, England would also rank high. 1st is my bet.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: March 8, 2010, 09:07:57 am »
Not really bothered as long as it isn't England.  I have nothing against the country but I would loathe to see Ferdinand lift that trophy and to see Roooooonnnnnnnnneeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh paraded as the next Pele.

Would love to see the Argies win though, if only for Masch's celebrations. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #499 on: March 8, 2010, 11:36:00 am »
For footballing entertainment, I'd like to see Spain and Brazil in the final, with Nando getting the winner

But the devilish side of me would love to see an England vs Argentina final, with England getting absolutely fucked 5 nil infont of the watching world. Masch gets sent off in the 89th minute for a lunge on Rooney, then 10 minutes later he's got that gold trophy over his head, while Garth Crooks and Ian "the Legend" Wright are in the BBC studio bleating about how Englands defeat is an injustice to football. Then news just in, Rooney will be out for the next 4 years with a ruptured groin, all thanks to Liverpools Argentinian captain.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #500 on: March 8, 2010, 06:44:41 pm »

But the devilish side of me would love to see an England vs Argentina final, with England getting absolutely fucked 5 nil infont of the watching world. Masch gets sent off in the 89th minute for a lunge on Rooney, then 10 minutes later he's got that gold trophy over his head, while Garth Crooks and Ian "the Legend" Wright are in the BBC studio bleating about how Englands defeat is an injustice to football. Then news just in, Rooney will be out for the next 4 years with a ruptured groin, all thanks to Liverpools Argentinian captain.

Amen.

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ˇSí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #501 on: March 8, 2010, 07:01:38 pm »
While I have nothing against England, seeing Mancs, Bitters and the bad Cockneys who abuse our boys and team off every week just wouldn't seem right. I want Spain to win with all my heart but I have a sneaky suspicion that Argentina will beat them in the Semi's on route to winning the Cup. And that would make most of Liverpool fans happy.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2010, 09:41:01 pm by Una cerveza, por favor »
C'est la vie.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #502 on: March 8, 2010, 07:35:48 pm »
While I have nothing against England, seeing Mancs, Bitters and the bad Cockneys who abuse our boys and team off every week just wouldn't seem right.

What does rival fans booing rival teams' players have to do you with not wanting England to win the World Cup?
hi

Offline annieroader

• Kopite
  • with a liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #503 on: March 8, 2010, 07:43:19 pm »
brasil for me everytime love to watch them hate engerland and every thing england like cars with england flags on,how funny would it be in the quaters brasil beat engerland with lucas getting the winner  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Scouse an proud.
Liverpool fc is my life.
My second home is where i sleep.

Offline McManamanamanaman

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #504 on: March 8, 2010, 10:45:02 pm »
Spain and form are the in-form teams but if you fancy an outsider, how about Serbia? You can get massive odds on them at the moment.

If Greece can win the Euros you never know what can happen!!!

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #505 on: March 9, 2010, 12:03:11 am »
My B'day is on July 10th.I am expecting Gerrard to gift me the trophy along with Rio(sigh..). :)

Deary me.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #506 on: March 9, 2010, 12:10:15 am »
For footballing entertainment, I'd like to see Spain and Brazil in the final, with Nando getting the winner

Looks off into the distance and sighs

Offline scousepower

• Legacy Fan
  • A Child of The Rafalution
« Reply #507 on: March 9, 2010, 12:14:20 am »
i actually think England have a great chance but no doubt they will squander it and we all know what the exscuses would be, id also like to see the look on Owen's face if they did win it.
'Hi Paul im from The S*n' 'Im from the Earth, now fuck off'

Offline jotirori

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: March 9, 2010, 04:11:31 pm »
It is amazing how frecuently people forget the italians before WC starts. Because...when it ends, it is a different matter  ;D

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: March 9, 2010, 04:15:50 pm »
It is amazing how frecuently people forget the italians before WC starts. Because...when it ends, it is a different matter  ;D
Actually had Italy and Argentina as my 2 favorites before the last World Cup, Italy won it and Argentina lost on penalties to Germany after impressing. Don't think Italy will win it this time though.
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: March 9, 2010, 04:16:55 pm »
They just seem to turn it on in the games that matter, same with the Germans.
psn = Lents123

Offline jotirori

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: March 9, 2010, 04:26:23 pm »
Actually had Italy and Argentina as my 2 favorites before the last World Cup, Italy won it and Argentina lost on penalties to Germany after impressing. Don't think Italy will win it this time though.
Yes, I see what you mean. In fact, every 2 years is the same, nobody expects Italy to win.But if this poll were about putting all your money on a team
 instead of just  spotting your opinion (wishes is probably more accurate) I really think results and statistics will be slightly different, specially for Italy.

Offline jotirori

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: March 9, 2010, 04:28:19 pm »
They just seem to turn it on in the games that matter, same with the Germans.
     Sure.But that's not an excuse for their poor result in this poll. Don't you thik so?

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: March 9, 2010, 04:31:56 pm »
[Because the Poll says 'who would YOU LIKE to win...'   And not who do you think will win!
psn = Lents123

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: March 9, 2010, 04:36:29 pm »
[Because the Poll says 'who would YOU LIKE to win...'   And not who do you think will win!
If Aqua was in the Italy squad it would be higher.
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline jotirori

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: March 9, 2010, 04:36:55 pm »

[Sorry, it makes sense now. My appologisess then.Don't tell anyone, you did not see any of my comments right?]

Offline Tweekage

• Legacy Fan
  • Please dispose of all waste properly
« Reply #516 on: March 9, 2010, 04:44:41 pm »
Argentina, because my dad was born there :)

after that, spain

and after that, holland probably.  I've always admired their players and are unlucky to have never won the WC.

I hope maradona lines up the front like this

Masch
Messi                               Tevez
                       Aguero
           Milito               Higuain

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: March 9, 2010, 04:48:30 pm »
      [Sorry, it makes sense now. My appologisess then.Don't tell anyone, you did not see any of my comments right?]
;) 3 wise monkeys.
psn = Lents123

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #518 on: March 10, 2010, 12:33:55 am »
This thread needs a new poll as the tournament rolls around. England at number 2? Brazil with less than half the votes of Argentina? Really?

Offline Hannibal

• Kopite
« Reply #519 on: March 10, 2010, 12:59:52 am »
This thread needs a new poll as the tournament rolls around. England at number 2? Brazil with less than half the votes of Argentina? Really?

Yes really since most of the people on this site are English it shouldn't be a surprise that most people want to see their country win the WC.  Read the title of the poll again, it's who would you like to win, not who will win the WC.