Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers: An Insight  (Read 177064 times)

Offline Redallover11

• Just behind Red Al Lover Number Ten in the Red Al Lover Queue
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brendan Rodgers: An Insight
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2012, 06:32:54 pm »
I'm liking the fact that he comes from a youth coaching background.

This is for me so important. It bodes well for the academy. It also means He wants his players to have fun and enjoy being the better side.
I have read the first page fully and I am getting a little bit excited. If I was a player, and I had just lost Kenny I would be happy that a innovative extremely hard working and down to earth fellah who has guided a newly promoted side to a very comfortable first year in the Prem doing it in style.

And that I as a player will develop because of his teaching philosophy not just making me set in one position but to really understand the game.

I think Pardew did a lot of this with their back four(and I guess throughout the side) working on the principles of defending the pressure cover balance etc. and working completely as a unit.

I think most players don't study the game they just play and do what came naturally and through huge amounts of dedicated training.
But to understand the game requires work/study and I don't think that is in the English culture, maybe I'm wrong.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2012, 06:33:25 pm »
Just watching SSN and I started spontaneously clapping the TV when the showed a picture of our new manager, regardless of his past (that looks very good by the way) this is the kind of support he can expect now he's our manager.

Eh? You clapped Sky Sports News in your house?
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline BigRed100

• Main Stander
  • Fowler09
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2012, 06:34:36 pm »
Best of Luck Brendan, we are all behind you. Lots of positive posts on here, you will have the backing of all of us. Go make this club great again.

And by the way, perhaps a nod of approval in the direction of FSG on here would do no harm also, considering we're (mostly) all pretty satisfied with the appointment?

Sex Panther... 60% of the time, it works EVERY time!

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2012, 06:34:48 pm »
Welcome to Anfield Mr Rogers, excited about this even though my heart wanted Rafa

He's 10 months younger than me, imagine how I feel, good sign I'm getting bloody old...

There's a generation of us who'll need the whole summer to accept the fact that for the first time we are older than the Liverpool FC manager!

Excellent news, welcome Mr Rodgers
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline ginlarde

• Boys Pen
  • Aiiiiiiiiiiii?
« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2012, 06:34:58 pm »
Delighted with this appointment! The ultimate pass and move manager for the ultimate pass and move club! :D

Offline kLFCreds

• JonJo lookalike
  • Anny Roader
  • Huntelaar in January, please.
« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2012, 06:35:01 pm »
We're going to win the league.

Offline Redallover11

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2012, 06:37:42 pm »
Welcome Brendan

I want teams to come to Anfield and know they're gonna have to play out of their skins to get even a point cos we're gonna be allover them like a rash from kick off.

Far be it from me to say but by my reckoning this would be only if we didn't have the tip off. I would like to think that when teams come to Anfield they know they are gonna have t play out of their skins just to get the fucking  ball.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2012, 06:38:12 pm »
Nothing on the official site yet.

Is this a 'keep us in the division' appointment or a 'young manager for the future' I wonder.

I hope it's the latter.

Go 'ed Brendan.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: May 30, 2012, 06:38:49 pm »
Swansea fans are fucking bitter. Listening to them on the radio, saying he's not that good a manager, the team was already playing football he didn't do much. Really. 
Don't pay them much attention, they're a nasty bunch.

Welcome to Liverpool Football Club Brendan :wave
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #209 on: May 30, 2012, 06:39:58 pm »
I'm really looking forward to his opening press conference.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline PaLee

• Death by football
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • This is ANFIELD!!!
« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2012, 06:40:14 pm »
Welcome to Anfield Brendan!

Pass them to death!!!

I just love saying that.

Offline Redallover11

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: May 30, 2012, 06:40:37 pm »
PS Many thanks to Callaghan for the insights.
And welcome Brendan

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 30, 2012, 06:43:45 pm »

;D just shared that on Facebook if you didn't mind

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #213 on: May 30, 2012, 06:44:43 pm »
Welcome to Anfield Brendan!

Pass them to death!!!

I just love saying that.

Love that!
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: May 30, 2012, 06:44:59 pm »
Feeling slightly better after doing some reading of those articles but there's no getting away from the fact this is a massive step up; the expectations are far greater, there's some big egos he has to manage and there's the problem of getting the best out of some of the disappointing signings from last season.

Quite excited to hear what he has to say in the coming days though!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline TLW 84

• Kopite
« Reply #215 on: May 30, 2012, 06:46:56 pm »

I hate to say it, but I don’t have high hopes for this. This has all the makings of Roy. This man has only been managing since 2008 and has spent no more than two years with a club, the biggest of which is Swansea.

He’ll get my full backing, no doubt, but I’m weary of being positive about this. I feel I’ll remain neutral until I see results.

Welcome to Anfield, Mr. Rodgers.
That's the kind of thing fans of 2 times Champions League finalists Valencia were saying when Benitez was appointed.

I would have preferred someone more proven myself, or actually Kenny to stay, but sometimes you've just got to find the positives and get behind the new manager.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:48:34 pm by TLW 84 »

Offline DeclanYNWA

• clueless/hopeless/useless member
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #216 on: May 30, 2012, 06:47:06 pm »
Welcome fella,  If what they say is true you will be a revelation.  I'm excited about what is to come.  Take care of us.
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing- Bill Shankly

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #217 on: May 30, 2012, 06:47:52 pm »
Don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but Sky have just said that Brendan has told the Swansea chairman, that he would like to be Liverpool manager, but hasn't yet been offered the job. How sure are we of this news?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2012, 06:47:53 pm »
hmm im not not excited either, perhaps im too cynical i dunno.

i dont like gambling much, liverpool have done it all too often in recent years and it has got us nowhere. i wont even cite a bunch of examples as a few are obvious and id only be doing that to suit my own agenda.

looking at managerial stats, for which i really cant say for certain hold any weight whatsoever, just looking at mancini's 56% over brendan's 41% win ratio kinda says a little bit to me. then ya think, well one has all the money in the word and the other didnt so uncomparable. just on paper i dont think this is the very best this planet has to offer but anyways, i apologise for my less than enthusiastic stance here ..

good luck brendan, you'll need a fuckin boat load.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 30, 2012, 06:48:56 pm »
oh right so he isnt even our manager yet?
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Welsh Dragon

• Anny Roader
  • It stinks of fish in here!
« Reply #220 on: May 30, 2012, 06:49:01 pm »
Until we draw a couple of home games.

Well that goes without saying  :wave
WTF!!! This gave me pins and needles in my eyes! We would look like a bunch of Bulgarian Ice skaters wearing that! Wank!  ;)

Offline Bouncer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "It's not my ego, it's my responsibility" Benitez
« Reply #221 on: May 30, 2012, 06:49:06 pm »
You expect too much. I'd reign your hopes in otherwise you are going to have a pretty unhappy season.

Chelsea are recruiting a new manager and will spend big this season. Manchester City will break the bank again. Spurs will recruit. Even Arsenal are bying and if reports are to be believed then Manchester United will be spending megabucks to catch up again.

On top of that you've got other ambitious clubs floating around the midtable and up mark.

We can't compete with the experience of the mangers in place (Except Chelsea who will be bringing a big name in) and we will be nowhere near competing with any of the major spending clubs - I'd guess our whole budget will be dwarfed by one or two signings from those clubs.

Then you've got more upheaveal at the club - all the sackings will take their toll. There is no way that a few months is going to be enough for everyone new to instantly gel and everything to fall into place. It won't happen. The manager will take time to settle. The players that stay will take time to settle. New signings will take time to settle and the Director of Football and all the other appointments will take a few seasons to work well together.

I'd say that three years should be where we are looking for early signs of us moving forward. Four years and we should be nearly there and five years we should be thinking about challenging for the top four spots. After that, depending on how many managers we go through and how the business side performs maybe anything from five to twenty years to try and have a tilt at the title.

We're in it for the long run now. We've started again. That takes time. Lots of time.

Really admiring your restraint Andy.

Shocking small time appointment by owners who are not fit to own our club.

I have no problem with Mr Rodgers and wish him well despite his affiliations with United and fondness for a man who many of us despise, Maureen.

I'll be wearing my Standards Corrupted shirt again...

There was an obvious better qualified candidate but the owners have demonstrated they are not big enough for the job. Really have no idea why there is not more disgust at this appointment and the owners already. This is more of the same ... nothing to see here ... No spending, no stadium, no communication with the fans and no support for Kenny and Luis over the Evra BS.

No doubt I'll get this post deleted and a permanent ban for expressing a heartfelt opinion with no expletives but I suppose RAWK is no longer the place for open honest debate.

Gatusso says that Liverpool play too many long balls?

I don’t think he watches many Liverpool games, the same way I don’t watch many Milan games. (Rafa)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2012, 06:50:06 pm »
oh right so he isnt even our manager yet?

Not according to Sky.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #223 on: May 30, 2012, 06:50:17 pm »
Just watching SSN and I started spontaneously clapping the TV when the showed a picture of our new manager, regardless of his past (that looks very good by the way) this is the kind of support he can expect now he's our manager.

That's very silly
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: May 30, 2012, 06:50:19 pm »
Should I feel guilty feeling a teeny bit excited - not just because of the trepidation of the appointment but also because Kenny's desk has barely been cleared a week.

I guess its just part of being involved in this wonderful club, there's always something to stimulate the thought matter.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2012, 06:51:03 pm »
Really admiring your restraint Andy.

Shocking small time appointment by owners who are not fit to own our club.

I have no problem with Mr Rodgers and wish him well despite his affiliations with United and fondness for a man who many of us despise, Maureen.

There was an obvious better qualified candidate but the owners have demonstrated they are not big enough for the job. Really have no idea why there is not more disgust at this appointment and the owners already. This is more of the same ... nothing to see here ... No spending, no stadium, no communication with the fans and no support for Kenny and Luis over the Evra BS.

No doubt I'll get this post deleted and a permanent ban for expressing a heartfelt opinion with no expletives but I suppose RAWK is no longer the place for open honest debate.

Lovely moan.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2012, 06:51:09 pm »
So Brendan Rodgers is better for us than Andre Villas Boas then, right?

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2012, 06:51:39 pm »
Sky have been calling a different tune all day to BBC, Echo, Tomkins etc.

Offline -RedTilDead-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2012, 06:53:28 pm »
So Brendan Rodgers is better for us than Andre Villas Boas then, right?

I preferred Swansea's football under Rodgers than Chelsea's under AVB.

Good luck Brendan, you might need it but this could be where your career really takes off.
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Offline kLFCreds

• JonJo lookalike
  • Anny Roader
  • Huntelaar in January, please.
« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2012, 06:53:53 pm »
Ha no problem mate! Cheers :)
We're going to win the league.

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2012, 06:55:08 pm »
Sky have been calling a different tune all day to BBC, Echo, Tomkins etc.

I bet they are working feverishly for confirmation and can't get anything. Their sources might be shite compared to the BBC.
               YNWA

Offline mysterio_86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2012, 06:55:16 pm »

Until we draw a couple of home games.

yeah we are the worst ones :D
Sebastion Coates, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Samed Yesil, SinclairSama, Smichael Ngoo, Sryan McLaughlin, Sjordan Ibe, - The S Law

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2012, 06:55:38 pm »

As did I!
               YNWA

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2012, 06:55:49 pm »
That's the kind of thing fans of 2 times Champions League finalists Valencia were saying when Benitez was appointed.
How do you know that? Lived in Valencia at the time?

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: May 30, 2012, 06:56:06 pm »

You should go for standards stupid. We made it a habit already...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: May 30, 2012, 06:56:33 pm »
Anyone else thinks he looks like a shaven Ed Rooney from Ferris Buellers day off?  :D

If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: May 30, 2012, 06:57:03 pm »

I hate to say it, but I don’t have high hopes for this. This has all the makings of Roy. This man has only been managing since 2008 and has spent no more than two years with a club, the biggest of which is Swansea.

He’ll get my full backing, no doubt, but I’m weary of being positive about this. I feel I’ll remain neutral until I see results.

Welcome to Anfield, Mr. Rodgers.

Most of us were against Roy even before he gets the job.. I think Rodgers is as far from Roy as you can get... Hope he does well, very well...and one put his name on the 'success has many fathers' banner one day.. Good luck Rodgers!
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Welsh Dragon

• Anny Roader
  • It stinks of fish in here!
« Reply #237 on: May 30, 2012, 06:57:54 pm »
Just watching the Welsh news and some silly bint (life long Swansea supporter) started ripping into us for "stealing their manager". She was bumping her gums on how we are living on our history and they are a better club than us...  apparently Rodgers is in for a rough time next time he visits Swansea.
WTF!!! This gave me pins and needles in my eyes! We would look like a bunch of Bulgarian Ice skaters wearing that! Wank!  ;)

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: May 30, 2012, 06:58:21 pm »
With the others on this one!!

Goodluck Rodgers and Goodluck LFC!
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #239 on: May 30, 2012, 06:58:29 pm »
You should go for standards stupid. We made it a habit already...

Standards lowered.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.