Author Topic: PREVIEW: LFC vs Wolves, May 19th ko 4pm. Goodbye Jurgen. Part 1/2  (Read 3722 times)

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PREVIEW: LFC vs Wolves, May 19th ko 4pm. Goodbye Jurgen. Part 1/2
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2024, 09:02:58 pm »

We’ve made a mess of sone big send off type games in the past. Gerrard, the standing Kop being 2 that spring to mind. Hopefully we can get a win but it really doesn’t matter. Sunday is all about Jurgen

Ha ha - I was at both of those. Beyond a joke how shit Gerrard's was really and makes me wonder what'll happen sunday, when I'll be there again. Maybe it's me.

Don't really have the words for the last 8 years, but I know I'll cry on Sunday. I'll miss the manager a huge amount, I'll miss the man a hell of a lot more. Danke, Jurgen.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2024, 09:25:31 pm »
The result doesn't really matter, the atmosphere and the send off is more important, but as mentioned Gerrard's last home game was utter dross and the last match of the standing Kop not producing a goal was the sad thing.

I thought it was important we turned up against Spurs at least, after the previous home games, and the players did. It'd be nice if they were up for it on Sunday and not just taking it easy ahead of the Euros/Copa which some probably will be.

The after match farewell is likely a bigger deal than the 90 minutes though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 07:26:09 am »
Will this be on Sky? Seen that TNT have chosen the Arsenal game so Sky have one more pick.

Yup. Sky are showing us.
It'll get more views than the cheats.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: Yesterday at 08:15:00 am »
She supports united doesn't she Rob ? Explains a lot

Yup - their managers make them cry for totally different reasons ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: Yesterday at 08:17:49 am »
Excellent OP. Really interesting 2nd part in particular. Thanks for putting it together. A worthy tribute to one of greatest.

We’ve made a mess of sone big send off type games in the past. Gerrard, the standing Kop being 2 that spring to mind. Hopefully we can get a win but it really doesn’t matter. Sunday is all about Jurgen

We need an Ian Rush v Watford type of result, 1-0 win and Rushy scored the only goal.
Jurgen YNWA

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #45 on: Yesterday at 09:31:39 am »
His final press conference is at 10am Friday morning.  :(
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:03:06 am by jillcwhomever »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #46 on: Yesterday at 09:37:12 am »
Just as long as Sky show everything, especially post match. Never forget how in 2019, was so proud of them, Ciry won at. Right on and then within a few minutes of the final whistle they switched over to show City lift the trophy which was already being shown on a different Sky Sports channel. Fuckers.

Cheers Paul. Would be lovely to send Jurgen on his way with a big win but ultimately the result feels fairly academic and it’s all about giving the great man the send off he deserves. Me and my son will no doubt be in a mess whil my wife and daughter wonder why we do this to ourselves. :D

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: Yesterday at 10:03:15 am »
His final press conference is at 10am this morning.  :(

Think it's tomorrow.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: Yesterday at 10:03:36 am »
Better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all.

Just glad he got to call it rather than being forced out, think it would've broken the fanbase.

Gonna be difficult, strange how things changed from how they were 4 months ago just before the news broke.

Just like Shanks, Jurgen's success is not just measured in trophies.
It was interesting his first couple of interviews/conference after he announced his decision he was talking about even though we struggled last season his job was never in question and that made him realise if someone had to call it, it would be him.

I think that he's right, I think he could have had a job here for a very long time if he wanted. I think he would have always had us up there and winning something. He's such a special manager and leader of people.

It will be intriguing to see what happens with him in the years to come.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #49 on: Yesterday at 12:16:04 pm »

Our match will be on 'Sky Sports Premier League' channel in the UK according to the ever reliable - www.live-footballontv.com/live-premier-league-football-on-tv.html ;D

and according to Sky, too - www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #50 on: Yesterday at 12:19:33 pm »
Referee: Chris Kavanagh. Assistants: Simon Bennett, Dan Robathan. Fourth official: Anthony Backhouse. VAR: David Coote. Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger.

Original post updated but there we go
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #51 on: Yesterday at 12:22:04 pm »
Our match will be on 'Sky Sports Premier League' channel in the UK according to the ever reliable - www.live-footballontv.com/live-premier-league-football-on-tv.html ;D

and according to Sky, too - www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky ;)

I just hope they keep running the cameras at full time and don`t start cutting every 2 mins to betting adverts. This match isn`t really about the match and I hope Sky realise that.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: Yesterday at 01:51:50 pm »
Not really looking forward to this but will no doubt be a beautiful day, I'm happy we get to say bye and I'm happy for Jurgs he's going on his own terms and seemingly in excellent health.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #53 on: Yesterday at 02:36:54 pm »
Hope it’s sunny like the weather men are predicting.

Will make it better.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #54 on: Yesterday at 03:09:52 pm »
Referee: Chris Kavanagh. Assistants: Simon Bennett, Dan Robathan. Fourth official: Anthony Backhouse. VAR: David Coote. Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger.

Ugh. Kavanagh and Coote...

www.thisisanfield.com/2024/05/referee-confirmed-for-liverpool-vs-wolves-2-picks-to-rile-up-klopp-for-final-time

Only surprised Constantine Hatzidakis isn't running the line, and Tierney on 4th official duties.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #55 on: Yesterday at 03:15:12 pm »
I just hope they keep running the cameras at full time and don`t start cutting every 2 mins to betting adverts. This match isn`t really about the match and I hope Sky realise that.

Yeah, the far east streams are pretty good for keeping with the post-match content - though on Sunday I'll be switching over to LFC TV at full-time.

Sky often delay interviews and certain footage and instead like to go with their agenda, whilst other countries show the interviews & footage live or very soon afterwards... which is why post match interviews often appear online... and before they are shown on Sky.

Plus if Sky do actually do anything of note, they'll promote the hell out of it on their social media hours later ;D

Am hoping Carragher and Neville will be doing the other 2 matches on comms - and Sky get someone in at least half-decent / not as annoying.

There is a 30 minute special on Klopp on Sky Sports 1 - on Sunday at 7.30pm and repeated at 9.30pm... 'Klopp: He Made The People Happy'

www.sky.com/tv-guide/20240519/4101-1/402/E517-145 - it may appear in a few other places too soon after (if Sky don't put it up on their youtube channel etc)...

matchday programme cover vs Wolves...

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:48:02 pm by oojason »

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #56 on: Yesterday at 05:11:20 pm »
I read the OP with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head.  Some how seems fitting.

It's just a spec of dust I'll be fine in a minute.  :'(

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: Yesterday at 06:40:24 pm »
looks like we might get a jota goal on sunday

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #58 on: Yesterday at 07:23:34 pm »
Excellent Op.

Referee: Chris Kavanagh.
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Dan Robathan.
Fourth official: Anthony Backhouse.
VAR: David Coote.
Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #59 on: Yesterday at 07:33:01 pm »
Any stats on what the Taylor/Kavanagh/Tierney/Coote ratio is on ref and VAR over the 38 games, compared to other clubs?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #60 on: Yesterday at 07:35:16 pm »
Excellent Op.

They're taking the piss now.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: Yesterday at 09:06:05 pm »
Excellent Op.

That's quite the send off.

Offline TeddyMc

• Boys Pen
« Reply #62 on: Yesterday at 10:59:18 pm »
I'm picturing Gary O'Neil not training his Wolves team this week instead he is in his office practicing his 3 hour Monday Night Football Special on how he beat Klopp in his last match as Liverpool manager.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #63 on: Yesterday at 11:17:57 pm »
Excellent Op.

They don’t even try to hide it :lmao

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Excellent OP, Paul. Ultimately, this is the end of an era so I hope we see it out in style (I still remember Gerrard's last game). It's been a wonderful eight and a half years but remember: the past and future are but dreams. The present are all that matters.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Yeah, the far east streams are pretty good for keeping with the post-match content - though on Sunday I'll be switching over to LFC TV at full-time.

Sky often delay interviews and certain footage and instead like to go with their agenda, whilst other countries show the interviews & footage live or very soon afterwards... which is why post match interviews often appear online... and before they are shown on Sky.

Plus if Sky do actually do anything of note, they'll promote the hell out of it on their social media hours later ;D

Am hoping Carragher and Neville will be doing the other 2 matches on comms - and Sky get someone in at least half-decent / not as annoying.

There is a 30 minute special on Klopp on Sky Sports 1 - on Sunday at 7.30pm and repeated at 9.30pm... 'Klopp: He Made The People Happy'

www.sky.com/tv-guide/20240519/4101-1/402/E517-145 - it may appear in a few other places too soon after (if Sky don't put it up on their youtube channel etc)...

matchday programme cover vs Wolves...

Thanks Jason.

Is LFCTV free on Sunday ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019