Author Topic: The Dispensary pub (Under new ownership)  (Read 87898 times)

Offline lfc_michael

• Main Stander
Re: The Dispensary pub (stay away)
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2015, 10:38:24 am »
Ive never had any problems in there, but a mate of mine was given homophobic verbal abuse and refused service for asking for a half a pint. Don't bother going there anymore.

That's actually quite funny, because a female friend of mine was telling me last night how she went in on a date, and Dave tried to refuse to allow her male companion to buy a pint for her; he was insistent that a lady should have a half! He apparently relented eventually, but served it in a chalice glass as though to make a point.

Having said that, she and I often drink there now, and have no issues. He's quite affable towards us. Pouring White Rat down our throats at a rate of knots probably helps.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2015, 11:26:04 pm »
Having said that, she and I often drink there now, and have no issues. He's quite affable towards us. Pouring White Rat down our throats at a rate of knots probably helps.
So it would be apt to change the thread title to "The Dispensary pub (stay behind)"  :)

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2015, 01:09:52 pm »
Might go there after the match tomorrow. Gives me any shit, youse will know. ;)

Did he go or did he have a cold
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Craigthered

• Still Raging at Rafa. FAQ Off.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #163 on: June 4, 2015, 02:07:44 pm »
Lad I know and his Mrs went in the other week and apparently his mrs mentioned trip advisor.  Cue nutty dave charging out from the back and swifty removing them.   Allowed her Uncle to finish his pint outside :D
STILL CENSORED BY CLOWN MODS. FAQ OFF!

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #164 on: June 5, 2015, 06:55:43 am »
Any photos of this fella?
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: June 5, 2015, 12:20:47 pm »
Any photos of this fella?
Not on here please. He's what's known as a character and there is no need to have photos of the fella. He doesn't deserve his face flashed all around the internet no matter how grumpy he is.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2015, 12:24:27 pm by The 92A »
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: July 7, 2015, 12:14:59 am »
Anyone been in there recently?

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: July 7, 2015, 12:33:07 pm »
Anyone been in there recently?

The owner is still a fruit loop and loads of people are still sticking their fingers in their ears and going "la la la la not listening la la la" whenever they're told first hand anecdotal evidence of him being a maniac

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: July 7, 2015, 02:53:57 pm »
It's a bit like Gene Wilder in 'Stir Crazy'.

'I bet you no-one has ever gone up to that man, and really spoken to him'.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #169 on: July 7, 2015, 02:55:29 pm »
It's a bit like Gene Wilder in 'Stir Crazy'.

'I bet you no-one has ever gone up to that man, and really spoken to him'.

Go up to him and complain about the ale. ;D

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2015, 11:53:52 pm »
His Titanic Plumb Porter is absolutely spot on :)

No need to complain about his ale at all.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2015, 01:48:25 pm »

Did you only sink the one?

It's ok. I'll get my own coat.  ;)

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: July 11, 2015, 07:49:18 pm »
Did you only sink the one?

It's ok. I'll get my own coat.  ;)

Should ask for a pint of Titanic and ice.
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2015, 03:25:11 pm »

Funny enough, was passing the Dispensary yesterday afternoon, and thought of this post, so popped in to try a pint of that.

Absolutely quality.   

Oh yes, and Dave was working. 

I've seen a few grumpy faces from him over the years, but never had a problem with him, myself.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2015, 11:46:13 am »
Nearly complained about the ale last night. ;D

Offline crackerbox

• Yes boys, shorts weather
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2015, 03:15:04 pm »
I was in there loads of times and the one time he came up to me and ranted about people ordering soft-drinks and THAT WE DON'T FUCKIN SELL COKE IN 'ERE COS IT GOES FLAT IN 15 MINUTES etc. etc.

After I ordered two pints of Bitter he was very friendly. We even had a laugh when he asked me "so what are you having" after his coke rant and being the hilarious guy that I am,  answered "two pints of coke" bahahaha.
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

http://twitter.com/crackerboxx

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #176 on: September 1, 2015, 01:04:54 am »
I was in this fine establishment earlier today. I'm not sure if it was the infamous Dave behind the bar, but a guy who had a nasty snarl and a short fuse was serving. Nice collection of ales, not too pricey, we got a table and he was fine with us (if it was him). Don't get me wrong, he looked like he could turn very nasty just by his facial expressions and his language to the other bar lady, but aside from that it was sound.

I can't say I'm rushing to get back there, but if I had to go there or was around there I wouldn't be against popping in for a couple.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 1, 2015, 01:35:41 am »
I was in there last month after telling me mate about it. Mate asked him for half and started laughing. In fairness he just laughed at us. Then the orange crowd went marching past and the place went mad

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2015, 10:38:38 pm »
Went in here today, me and mate had an Erdinger, fella behind the bar was sound, wearing a don't buy the sun t shirt as well, that'll do for me.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2015, 11:09:47 pm »
Went in here today, me and mate had an Erdinger, fella behind the bar was sound, wearing a don't buy the sun t shirt as well, that'll do for me.

That's Dave.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline jaybeezay

• Anny Roader
  • Keeping it real while playing it safe
« Reply #180 on: September 17, 2015, 10:07:19 pm »
Me and my mate went in last Saturday and loved it. Proper boozer and the King Rat was boss. Fair prices and the girl behind the bar was lovely. Really good atmosphere, Dave was pleasant enough and we got a thumbs up for returning the glasses to the bar after. So went in out of morbid curiosity but well made up with the place. Will be going back for sure.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 23, 2015, 07:26:00 pm »
Just been regaled a story of how Dave tried to throw a woman out of the place for drinking by herself.  Apparently to his mind women drinking alone equalled being a prostitute.

Then her husband came out the bogs and chinned him.  ;D

Dave's on his third set of teeth apparently...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #182 on: December 23, 2015, 08:38:54 pm »
Just been regaled a story of how Dave tried to throw a woman out of the place for drinking by herself.  Apparently to his mind women drinking alone equalled being a prostitute.

I call bollocks on that. I know Dave.
I love you all. Even Mancs x

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 23, 2015, 09:38:53 pm »
I call bollocks on that. I know Dave.

You'd have to speak to the chap I spoke to in Peter K's mate.  According to him he started ushering the woman out when her fella came up and demanded what Dave was up to.  Dave replies something along the lines of "You start with one and then they're all in here, taking the customers out!"  So he bashed him. 

Mayhap I have misinterpreted the story but I took it to meaning he felt women who drank alone were of ill-repute as we were discussing similar events of why some women still wont wait in a bar alone.

It sounded enough like him for me to share.  There was another story which I didn't go for, where you're not allowed to have your coats on the seats and have to hang them on hooks - but they're on the far side of the pub from some of the seats.  Didn't believe that though.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 09:46:33 pm by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #184 on: December 23, 2015, 11:36:10 pm »
I like that he's made a new dispensary tripadvisor page with obvious plants in to make it look good.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #185 on: December 24, 2015, 10:48:18 am »

What a load of shite.

But adheres to the trend in this thread........ie, the tales of woe are all 'my mate told me....'...or 'some fella in an alehouse told me..' ....whereas anyone who's actually had a bevvy in there thinks it's sound. Draw your own conclusions
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 24, 2015, 10:50:21 am »
I've drank in the place and I'm not overly fond of it to be honest.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #187 on: December 25, 2015, 01:41:15 am »

What a load of shite.

But adheres to the trend in this thread........ie, the tales of woe are all 'my mate told me....'...or 'some fella in an alehouse told me..' ....whereas anyone who's actually had a bevvy in there thinks it's sound. Draw your own conclusions

Only been in a few times, never really had major issues, but I did go in once with me uncle and grandad. Sat at the table whilst they were at bar ordering. Dave is clearing pints as I sit down and he notices foil packets on the table. I've literally just sat down and he's like "the fuck you playing at?"

I replied with something along the lines of "mate, I've just sat down, they're obviously not mine", to which he just muttered to himself and stormed off.

As I'm having a pint with me uncle and grandad I can see him snarling over towards the table. Go up and stormed to the bar and told him if he thought it was me with the drugs then kick me out, instead of fucking snarling at me, to which he jnust muttered to himself again. Went back to me table, and needless to say he still had a gob on him, finished our second pint then fucked off somewhere else as I couldn't be arsed getting more wound up, not been back since.
Ye wha la.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2016, 08:19:58 pm »

:lmao

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2016, 08:08:52 am »
Got to be honest, been in there numerous times over the years and never had an issue, it does help that I like my ale and so do my mates who come in with me. So much so we are having a Leo Sayer next Saturday and starting in there.

That aside a mate of mine who drinks in there and has done for a few years did confirm he can be a right twat at times. He actually told me this when we were stood at the bar which I thought was rather brave or stupid of him - lest Dave overheard him haha!

In all honesty I dont want to be best mates with any alehouse landlord or barman, as long as they treat me the same way I treat them - with basic manners and respect, and the ale is fine and dandy, then he can be the incredible hulk to his customers for all I care. Look at like this, your entering the man's place of business, his home practically, so it should be treated accordingly.

I do imagine all this Trip Advisor stuff is excellent publicity for him though.  ;)
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2016, 08:47:33 am »
^ - I just had a read through the most recent, the reasons he bars people are boss: elbows on tables, singing happy birthday, ordering tap water  ...   

:D

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2016, 07:00:40 pm »
The tap water incident made Radio Merseyside all those years ago.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2016, 08:29:39 pm »
To be fair ordering tap water in a pub (I assume without ordering other drinks for yourself) is really taking the piss. If there is some reason why that is all you can drink and not OJ/Coke etc then you should at least put a quid or two across the bar for politeness' sake.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2016, 09:23:25 pm »
Some of the reviews on tripadvisor. :lmao
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:28:33 pm by Mad Max »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2016, 09:45:00 pm »
John C's review is the best(6th one down). Didn't think it was his type of boozer to be fair.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2016, 10:19:24 pm »
Far too good a place for John C.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2016, 11:42:49 pm »
 ;D

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #197 on: February 5, 2016, 12:52:48 am »
To be fair ordering tap water in a pub (I assume without ordering other drinks for yourself) is really taking the piss. If there is some reason why that is all you can drink and not OJ/Coke etc then you should at least put a quid or two across the bar for politeness' sake.

Yes it's not what anyone I know would do.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: February 5, 2016, 06:31:11 am »
Been in there a few times as a couple of my mates enjoy their real ales . Whilst I've never had any issues in there I can't see the appeal as a boozer. Know my mates enjoy a pint in there before moving elsewhere so I go along. Whilst I don't see the appeal personally think it's a bit bland and dull and doesn't have a buzz about it IMO. My mates rave about the ale served in there and I've never seen any issues with Dave 😀
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2016, 12:53:42 am »
Basil Fawlty without the humour. ;D