Author Topic: Liverpool Lime Street station  (Read 31936 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Liverpool Lime Street station
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2017, 10:19:46 pm »
Will that shower be catered for on Saturday morning?

Make them walk from Allerton Station or Cameo Parkway or whatever it is called these days.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2017, 11:28:31 pm »
I'm curious as to what that shower will get actually . Train still going to edge hill or special service put on perhaps?
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2017, 12:57:29 pm »
Just been told there are spaces every morning on car park at 7.30. People parking on surrounding roads getting parking tickets.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2017, 07:06:41 pm »
Just been told there are spaces every morning on car park at 7.30. People parking on surrounding roads getting parking tickets.
not sure if that's true. I've arrived about quarter to seven and it's been full every day. Can't speak for the parking tickets but I've not had one yet . Back to Normal Monday isn't it?
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #124 on: June 2, 2018, 05:00:51 am »
Lime Street main part of the station is now closed until the end of July, the Underground[Merseyrail platform] will remain open.
#Sausages

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: June 3, 2018, 10:31:15 pm »
I've decided it is probably easier for me to get to Preston via Ormskirk for the time being.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #126 on: June 4, 2018, 02:39:46 am »
I've decided it is probably easier for me to get to Preston via Ormskirk for the time being.

Wouldn't get your hopes up with Ormskirk-Preston being operated by Northern Fail, be quicker to get the X2 bus even though that takes 2 hours 20 minutes. ;D
#Sausages

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 4, 2018, 07:30:53 am »
Check all your trains before you go, in addition to the Lime Street closure Northern have now cancelled lots of trains because they don't have enough drivers for their new timetable.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 4, 2018, 08:42:21 am »
On some dates there are trains operating from lime street to Preston/Blackpool, I'm going up for work in a few weeks and there's definitely direct trains then.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #129 on: June 4, 2018, 08:46:33 am »
Check all your trains before you go, in addition to the Lime Street closure Northern have now cancelled lots of trains because they don't have enough drivers for their new timetable.

I believe reading another forum Northern do have enough drivers, it's that they aren't trained with route knowledge.

Transpennine Express have been suffering delays, trains starting/terminating short, & cancellations since the new timetable as well, but that's more to do with tight timetable & 6tph over the core, & bottlenecks because of the new Ordsall Curve.

Best way to Preston is still via Wigan as you have Virgin Trains if Northern are cut short.

Just to add if you do go via Ormskirk, make sure your train is running otherwise you'll have a hour or more to wait for the next one.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2018, 08:56:04 am by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: June 4, 2018, 08:52:53 am »
Two of the unions have said the companies failed to train enough drivers, but obviously I don't know if thats drivers in general or just drivers with route knowledge.

The new Ordsall bridge fucked my train up since its in operation, it keeps waiting for some slow train to go through first. Usually get into Manc 5 minutes later than scheduled just because of that.

South Parkway was chocker this morning, could hardle stop myself from making zombie noises shuffling off the platform. There were free bacon or sausage butties, nice gesture tho useless for me as a veggie. ;D

8 weeks of that :butt :butt
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #131 on: June 4, 2018, 08:58:46 am »
It's drivers with route knowledge, a lot of routes have changed such as new Chester-Leeds, Liverpool-Crewe via Manchester, ecc.
#Sausages

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #132 on: June 4, 2018, 10:41:58 pm »
It's drivers with route knowledge, a lot of routes have changed such as new Chester-Leeds, Liverpool-Crewe via Manchester, ecc.
Yup a lot of the Lime Street to Wilmslow / Crewe trains were cancelled half way as the Liveprool crew didn’t sign  further than Manchester.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #133 on: June 5, 2018, 11:08:32 pm »
I am coming down on june 20th to the 23rd and staying at a hotel next to james street station but we have to change at lime street.Will I now need to get a taxi or will I still be able to get a train to james street ?
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #134 on: June 6, 2018, 01:59:06 am »
I am coming down on june 20th to the 23rd and staying at a hotel next to james street station but we have to change at lime street.Will I now need to get a taxi or will I still be able to get a train to james street ?

The Wirral Line is unaffected by the works at Lime Street continues to operate as normal.

Limited services are operating to Lime Street, mostly trains to/from Wigan/Blackpool & Manchester Victoria, if you get those trains then when you get off at Lime Street go to the Underground[Wirral Line] platform then first train to James Street, all Wirral Line trains stop at James Street. If your coming from the South, might be best changing at Crewe & or Chester & get the Wirral Line from Chester, otherwise it's train to Liverpool South Parkway, then Northern Line to Central for Wirral Line.
#Sausages

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 6, 2018, 10:11:15 am »

If you're actually going to Lime Street (see above), just walk down to James St, it takes 10 minutes. Same if you're coming in from South Parkway, just get to Central and walk. The four 'loop line' stations on Merseyrail in the city centre (Liverpool central, James St, Moorfields, Lime st) are all within easy walking distance. I wouldn't waste time waiting for a train, unless you struggle to walk or have lots of luggage/babies etc to carry.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #136 on: June 6, 2018, 08:26:27 pm »
We are coming from Scotland via wigan and have my mum and wife who moan like f--k when they have to walk too much  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 6, 2018, 09:17:12 pm by iAnfieldRoad »
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 6, 2018, 09:12:40 pm »
We are coming from Scotland via wigan and have my mu mum and wife who moan like f--k when they have to walk too much  ;D ;D

If your tickets say 'Liverpool stations' I think you'll be able to use them on the loop line to James Street. There's escalators down to the station inside Lime Street Station itself.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #138 on: June 6, 2018, 09:16:58 pm »
Thanks pal. ;)
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 8, 2018, 07:41:25 am »
If your tickets say 'Liverpool stations' I think you'll be able to use them on the loop line to James Street. There's escalators down to the station inside Lime Street Station itself.
Correct  :lickin

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2018, 10:10:22 pm »
My ticket is booked to james street anyway just I was just no sure we would get there through lime street with it being closed but everyone has answered my question which is much appreciated.
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2018, 07:50:44 am »
My ticket is booked to james street anyway just I was just no sure we would get there through lime street with it being closed but everyone has answered my question which is much appreciated.
People are getting really confused in regards to Lime Street. Trains are operating in and out 11th June - 13th July so it is open from today.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2018, 09:10:35 am »
People are getting really confused in regards to Lime Street. Trains are operating in and out 11th June - 13th July so it is open from today.

Only some trains though, the onea on the electrified lines toward St Helens, Wigan, Manc Victoria.

Oh, my train this morning got cancelled again. There is only one per hour. :butt

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2018, 08:13:02 pm »
Here's a twitter feed giving updates on the progress of the work.

https://twitter.com/NetworkRailLIV?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Platforms 1 and 2 are apparently now back in use for some services for the next five weeks.  Looks like they were getting extended and the electrification upgraded.  Platform 5 is being widened.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: June 12, 2018, 08:06:14 am »
Yeah it's a similar deal to last time. 6 weeks of repairs and work being done but platforms being opened and services resuming after a week/2 weeks

They don't give anywhere near enough information about it all though and they come off really badly. It doesn't help that Northern are an absolute state as well at the same time