Author Topic: Africa Oye  (Read 41158 times)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Africa Oye
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2018, 04:18:01 pm »
Rum chai anyone ?

Have you got an online shop now? Modern times. ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2018, 07:49:32 pm »
Rum chai anyone ?
Honestly, for the past four years I've wished I'd come down to meet you, but the AO weekend never seems ideal. I could hear the music flowing over from Sevo sitting in my garden :)

Hope you've had a good one though Kesey mate.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2018, 09:35:11 pm »
Honestly, for the past four years I've wished I'd come down to meet you, but the AO weekend never seems ideal. I could hear the music flowing over from Sevo sitting in my garden :)

Hope you've had a good one though Kesey mate.

The same as usual mate. Saturday I make nice money but the Sunday I start on the rum too early and by 5.00pm I usually go and sit by a tree as too twatted.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2018, 09:36:04 pm »
Have you got an online shop now? Modern times. ;D

Same old system mate. Flask it and mingle.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2018, 08:43:58 am »
Same old system mate. Flask it and mingle.

It was just the way you said it on here. ;D

Think one of my mates might have got a cup of you, at least someone suddenly had a paper cup with something and explained it was 'like tea'. No idea who she got it from though.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2018, 01:25:21 pm »
So long as it wasn't Bill Cosby.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2018, 01:36:08 pm »
It was just the way you said it on here. ;D

Think one of my mates might have got a cup of you, at least someone suddenly had a paper cup with something and explained it was 'like tea'. No idea who she got it from though.

Some other lad was doing it this year but it was cold chai. Bellend. It tasted very tea baggy and not made the Indian way like mine. Was a good weekend still altough Sunday was a bit of wright off.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2019, 01:26:34 pm »
This weekend, Sat and Sun: https://www.africaoye.com/
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2019, 01:48:53 pm »
Looking forward to it. Not been since it was still by the Palm House. My mates usually make a big go of it, and my family usually have a little gazebo base-camp, but it's just so happened I've been away every Oye weekend for like the last nine years! Weathers looking good as well.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2019, 01:57:39 pm »
Is this decent? Always fancied it but never made it. Might get there this weekend though if the weathers glorious.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2019, 05:55:05 pm »
Is this decent? Always fancied it but never made it. Might get there this weekend though if the weathers glorious.

One of the best weekend events in the city IMO. Go every year.

Horace Andy on Saturday night.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2019, 06:52:54 pm »
We are just over the road from it, so hope to get away over the weekend as it's always a nightmare and attracts too many troublemakers, sadly.  :-\
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2019, 09:55:32 pm »
We are just over the road from it, so hope to get away over the weekend as it's always a nightmare and attracts too many troublemakers, sadly.  :-\

Deffo gone a bit mad the past few years. This year will be the first year since 2010 that I've not sold my rum chai. I simply can't be arsed putting myself in that pissed up enviroment at the minute.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2019, 10:45:06 pm »
I must be the only one who's not really that into this.  Fair few of my mates love it, but it's never done anything for me.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2019, 11:19:50 pm »
Deffo gone a bit mad the past few years. This year will be the first year since 2010 that I've not sold my rum chai. I simply can't be arsed putting myself in that pissed up enviroment at the minute.
I don't blame you. We definitely won't be in the area while this is on. We get hordes of drivers bunking into our car park and see all kinds of trouble, usually from loads of ketwigs who turn up to cause trouble before scooting off back down Hartington Road. In recent times they've been bottling cars and taxis as well as having a pop at cyclists and assaulting other kids.  :-\

I know thousands go and never have a problem, but when it's right on your doorstep and you see the issues every year the novelty wears thin. I hope everyone who attends has a great time, though.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2019, 11:22:22 pm »
I must be the only one who's not really that into this.  Fair few of my mates love it, but it's never done anything for me.

I'm not either. Apart from my already mentioned reasons, the genre of music isn't my thing anyway. As you said, though, loads of people love it and enjoy it. It would be boring if we all liked the same stuff.  :)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2019, 11:50:10 pm »
I'm not either. Apart from my already mentioned reasons, the genre of music isn't my thing anyway. As you said, though, loads of people love it and enjoy it. It would be boring if we all liked the same stuff. :)
No it wouldn't; it'd be great  :)
We all like fighting... Lets fight; it's what we all want.
We all like peace... Lets be peaceful; it's what we all want.
We all don't believe in God... Lets be atheists; it's what we all want.
We all believe in God... Lets all worship God; it's what we all want.
We all like the colour red... Lets all wear the colour red; it's what we all want.
We all like... Etc etc etc.
It'd never be boring because it's what we all want  :wave

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2019, 07:55:20 am »
Never been to this before but gonna go with the missus tomorrow evening while we've got a rare child free night and the weather should be decent.

Will Lark Lane be chocca for food cos of this? Will try and book somewhere if so.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2019, 12:28:12 pm »
The lane will be dead busy mate.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2019, 06:42:44 pm »
Well anybody who's on the Lane tomorrow, be sure to pop into Frieda Mo's, next door to Rhubarb.  Vintage clothes, records, trinkets, coffee and cakes.  It will probably be the safest place, and if I don't end up taking a train to West Kirby I'll probably be holed up there doing some artwork. :)  :wave

Popcorn's Art

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2019, 12:18:41 pm »
Seems weird this. Usually Iam heading over about now with gallons of chai and a few bottles of dark rum.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2019, 12:30:54 pm »
Seems weird this. Usually Iam heading over about now with gallons of chai and a few bottles of dark rum.

Why aren’t you getting over there mate?

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2019, 02:46:24 pm »
Why aren’t you getting over there mate?

Cant be arsed. Only use to go to make nice money . Use to love it at one point as my estie friend stall holders from down South use to come up and trade. Said before I dont feel I have the mental energy for it this year and some people take the piss and try it on regarding my chai. Its 1.50 mate 2.50 with rum. I'll give you a quid. Tell ya what. Get up of your arse and go and pay double from that cafe over there.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2019, 02:58:58 pm »
Also. The collective energy of a pissed up crowd is not something I want to expose myself too. As the days gets on it gets worse.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2019, 05:34:12 pm »
Also. The collective energy of a pissed up crowd is not something I want to expose myself too. As the days gets on it gets worse.

Don't put rum in the chai then!  ;D

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2019, 05:44:38 pm »
Don't put rum in the chai then!  ;D

Hahaaaa.

Being honest that's another reason. Apart from the Euro Aways its usually by biggest piss up of the year. I only usually drink lager these days and always under 5%. At the Oye I must go through 4 or 5 bottles Morgan Spice . I'd say at a bottle of that is consumed by myself and Iam on a serious come down for about a week which means I don't work that week. 5.43pm on Oye Saturday and Iam sober   ;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2019, 09:19:45 pm »
Cant be arsed. Only use to go to make nice money . Use to love it at one point as my estie friend stall holders from down South use to come up and trade. Said before I dont feel I have the mental energy for it this year and some people take the piss and try it on regarding my chai. Its 1.50 mate 2.50 with rum. I'll give you a quid. Tell ya what. Get up of your arse and go and pay double from that cafe over there.

Sorry to hear that mate. Just on my way back to town from there and had a great day. Hopefully see you there next year man!

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2019, 09:51:04 pm »
Me and my mate got within about maybe 400 yards of the stage before we said, "yeah, that's enough" and went off back to the quiet stretch of the park.  It was  lovely day, the music wasn't so bad from half a mile away, and it was just nice to sit in the shade and do some journal work.

Glad I went out, but equally glad I felt no need to either drink or mingle with the crowds.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2019, 11:33:23 pm »
Me and my mate got within about maybe 400 yards of the stage before we said, "yeah, that's enough" and went off back to the quiet stretch of the park.  It was  lovely day, the music wasn't so bad from half a mile away, and it was just nice to sit in the shade and do some journal work.

Glad I went out, but equally glad I felt no need to either drink or mingle with the crowds.

Same here . A certain John C PM'd so I got intouch . By the time I got on the periphery of it I called him only to find out he was on his way home. I walked in and walked by the stalls for a minute the made up my mind to leave and sat outside ours.

Only you could tempt me John.

It just isn't the same these days for me and realised before that once Iam there I need to keep busy and make me dough selling me rum chai. Otherwise I'll just sit on my arse getting twatted. Best to make dough and get twatted at the same time , keep on moving and ducking and diving and all that.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2019, 08:23:31 am »
It was a cracking day down there, well laid out as well giving loads of space in the middle to congregate. Only 2 bars with long queues though - my fault for not taking a load of my own.
Every food stall had lengthy queues so I assume they'll declare it a major success.

Pity about the forecast for this afternoon, if the storm was due just an hour later they'd have secured another lovely afternoon. Don't let that put you off taking an early trip down.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: June 23, 2019, 09:07:14 am »
It was a cracking day down there, well laid out as well giving loads of space in the middle to congregate. Only 2 bars with long queues though - my fault for not taking a load of my own.
Every food stall had lengthy queues so I assume they'll declare it a major success.

Pity about the forecast for this afternoon, if the storm was due just an hour later they'd have secured another lovely afternoon. Don't let that put you off taking an early trip down.

It was my first time going and I loved it mate. Me and me bird went down and spent all day getting bevvied and ended up dancing at one of the DJ tents for about 2 hours.

Pair of us fell a kip all the way home on the train.  ;D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: June 23, 2019, 10:45:56 am »
It was my first time going and I loved it mate. Me and me bird went down and spent all day getting bevvied and ended up dancing at one of the DJ tents for about 2 hours.

Pair of us fell a kip all the way home on the train.  ;D
Hahaha
Yeah, lots of people having fun. It was good to see a few faces from work as well.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: June 23, 2019, 08:27:16 pm »
Same here . A certain John C PM'd so I got intouch . By the time I got on the periphery of it I called him only to find out he was on his way home. I walked in and walked by the stalls for a minute the made up my mind to leave and sat outside ours.

Only you could tempt me John.

It just isn't the same these days for me and realised before that once Iam there I need to keep busy and make me dough selling me rum chai. Otherwise I'll just sit on my arse getting twatted. Best to make dough and get twatted at the same time , keep on moving and ducking and diving and all that.

Glad to hear you at least had a nose.  So many mates of mine went over the past two days, but I honestly never saw the appeal of just sitting around in blazing sun getting wasted.  Never been my thing.  That said, I've been doing some personal development lately, trying to identify opportunities to take moments alone to get comfortable just being in my own skin.  Baby steps and the like. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2019, 08:21:55 am »
Ended up going with the missus for a couple of hours on Saturday evening and it was a good laugh. Thought there was a nice atmosphere to it with lots of families sat around having a good time. Didn't notice anyone too pissed making a show of themselves or anything.

One criticism was that only having two bars for that amount of people was a bit of a joke. We didn't really want to bring ale from the shop as we only wanted to have a mooch about and have a couple of drinks so having to wait 20 plus minutes for a beer was a bit shit. Aside from that though I thought it was great.