Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Draex on Today at 05:48:52 pm »
Hope we play Mo or Harvey as the 10 and get a new winger or two for the right side. Mo and Harvey seem to link well with Nunez.

Slot runs his wingers really hard, they are his most sub'd players, so I don't see Mo doing the defensive side of it, so a move inside sounds about right.
I obviously don't believe it is a straw man. You consistently describe a conspiracy on this thread.

But just for the sake of argument I will grant that you don't believe there is a conspiracy. Nevertheless the direct consequences of the "bias" you detect, which is really systematic bias against Liverpool, are still huge. A large number of referees make biased decisions, week-in, week-out against Liverpool, and are not only protected by their masters at PGMOL but actually encouraged and rewarded when they do (unintentionally or not) damage Liverpool. Those who are seen to 'favour' Liverpool, are removed. In contrast those who damage our main rivals (Man City) are treated very differently by PGMOL. They are punished not rewarded. Referees are recruited from the Manchester region in preponderant numbers either because of unconscious bias or to keep Liverpool permanently on the back foot. The inevitable result of all this bias - unconscious or not - is that Liverpool are deprived of a chance to win the Premier League.

This is still a huge story, regardless of whether you use the word 'conspiracy' or not.

So I ask you again. Instead of complaining on here every day, why not write it up and find a publisher. If your evidence is sound you will get published. It would cause a sensation. And it really ought to be nice little earner for you too. It's a massive story.
I don’t really understand your point of view.
Are you saying that we’re just unlucky that every season we consistently get inexplicable decisions against us, which have cost us major trophies? Whilst teams like Abu Dhabi and Man Utd very, very rarely get even so much as an incorrect throw in awarded against them?
i think there needs to be a bit of context and nuance with targets and expectations.
sure have aims for the season - but, overall, is the direction of travel correct?
Using Manchester United as an example, the first signs of adversity in the early days with their current manager saw them rip up their blueprint and shit the bed.
The opposite was true when Klopp came in, mixed results but overall it was obvious what the plan was, even if it was poorly executed at times.
If Slots team shows a trajectory, albeit with bumps in the road, then i'd be satisfied with whatever comes our way next season.
Although i would *expect* to get out of the groups in Europe and qualify again, it more a soft expectation, if the direction is obvious
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by wemmick on Today at 05:42:53 pm »
Hope we play Mo or Harvey as the 10 and get a new winger or two for the right side. Mo and Harvey seem to link well with Nunez.
Boom the Yorky trademark exaggerated Strawman. 

I obviously don't believe it is a straw man. You consistently describe a conspiracy on this thread.

But just for the sake of argument I will grant that you don't believe there is a conspiracy. Nevertheless the direct consequences of the "bias" you detect, which is really systematic bias against Liverpool, are still huge. A large number of referees make biased decisions, week-in, week-out against Liverpool, and are not only protected by their masters at PGMOL but actually encouraged and rewarded when they do (unintentionally or not) damage Liverpool. Those who are seen to 'favour' Liverpool, are removed. In contrast those who damage our main rivals (Man City) are treated very differently by PGMOL. They are punished not rewarded. Referees are recruited from the Manchester region in preponderant numbers either because of unconscious bias or to keep Liverpool permanently on the back foot. The inevitable result of all this bias - unconscious or not - is that Liverpool are deprived of a chance to win the Premier League.

This is still a huge story, regardless of whether you use the word 'conspiracy' or not.

So I ask you again. Instead of complaining on here every day, why not write it up and find a publisher. If your evidence is sound you will get published. It would cause a sensation. And it really ought to be nice little earner for you too. It's a massive story.
They were a desperate fanbase who happily sold their souls to the devil in exchange for silverware. Anyone who'd prefer that City won the title over Arsenal needs to watch or rewatch the Youtube video "Britain's Biggest Football Scandal". The arrogance at the club is beyond breathtaking and I have no respect for them or their so-called "achievements". They are as worthy of merit as Lance Armstrong's cycling titles and Ben Johnson's 100m records.
It’s not about ‘wanting’ them to beat Arsenal to the title. If Arsenal win the title it will cause some emotion as I despise Arteta and his gang of whinging, cheating, diving cry-arsing c*nts.

If Abu Dhabi win again then it’s another Meh.
Them cheating to 4, 5, 10, 12 titles in row makes no difference and creates no emotion whatsoever. They’ve already killed the game with their cheating. Being bothered about them winning just legitimises them as a football club, which they are not. If the PL do not do something about them then Abu Dhabi are the champions* they deserve.
Van Dijk can play the right side no problem?

Van Dijk, Konate, Quansah + New would be perfect.

It could be Van Den Berg btw he's had a great season again.
He clearly prefers the left side though. Think the only time he's played on the right for us in 6+ years was when Robertson played a bit at centre back against Prague. Not sure you want to be moving him across now and whether he'd be happy doing it.
This is in the right direction. Bit surprised Newcastle did support it.

It's PR guff to make it seem like they are doing something. 115 and headchoppers FC will be laughing at that.
Media and Arts / Re: What was the last book you read?
« Last post by Ray K on Today at 05:38:01 pm »
Very sad news. CJ Sansom has died.  His books got better and better, moving from crime novels to social commentary

Sadly missed.
Sad news. I read the first Shardlake book and as I'm a cheapskate was waiting for them to come down in price on Amazon before continuing with them.

Disney + are releasing a mini-series based (presumably) on the first book this week.

left over Curry after its been left to sit is magnificant

Its like Baby Reindeer, you may think its weird and not for you, but take the plunge and you wont regret it

Ha, doesn't sound as if it's for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10