Author Topic: Van Hoogstraten responsible for competitor's death  (Read 1401 times)

Offline blurred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Van Hoogstraten responsible for competitor's death
« on: December 19, 2005, 12:07:52 pm »
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:10:53 pm by blurred »

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
Re: Van Hoogstraten responsible for competitor's death
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 06:29:40 pm »
I'm very pleased to hear that.   Psychopath is spot on.   Hopefully justice will now be done.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 07:41:30 pm »
Point taken mate.  I actually believe the family are very brave to pursue VH.  I can understand that they couldn't let the murder of Mr Raja go, but the ruthlessness of VH truly knows no bounds - he has a massive track record of unhesitating violence to anyone who crosses him.   I would go for him if he'd arranged the murder of one of mine, but I would never tread easy ever again.   

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 09:30:25 am »
Point taken mate.  I actually believe the family are very brave to pursue VH.   but the ruthlessness of VH truly knows no bounds - he has a massive track record of unhesitating violence to anyone who crosses him.   I would go for him if he'd arranged the murder of one of mine, but I would never tread easy ever again.   

spot on that. they are very brave as he is a nut job
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 10:17:43 am »
spot on that. they are very brave as he is a nut job

Cheers Ewok.  He sure is.  He boasted about the murder and "threatened a repeat if aggravated in the future".  The Judge was also able to take into account his previous convictions which could not be mentioned in the criminal trial, which included being jailed in 1967 for demanding money with menaces and a conviction for causing criminal damage by explosion after a grenade attack on a Jewish Minister's house.  VH was notorious for attacking or ordering attacks on tenants in properties whom he wished out and who refused to go. 

Its infuriating that he got off on appeal because of mistakes made by the trial Judge, but this one clearly has made no such mistake.  If found guilty in February VH will appeal of course, and its likely his money is salted away in overseas investments or in property, so there will be nothing in the pot for the family.

I know its a very old fashioned view, and without wishing to be at all melodramatic, I truly believe this guy to be evil.

Offline Bullan

• I can't believe I ate the whole thing...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speed of The Sound Of Loneliness
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 05:14:27 pm »
If found guilty in February VH will appeal of course, and its likely his money is salted away in overseas investments or in property, so there will be nothing in the pot for the family.

As far as I can tell some of his assets have been frozen and therefor not easily salted away.

I saw an interview with the Raja families solicitor last night and there didn't seem to be any notion of fear of that happening.

I find it fascinating though that one can actually be tried twice in criminal and civil court cases and now more than ever I wish I had started my law degree earlier.
I hate every ape I see.
From chimpan-a to chimpan-z,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me.
Oh, my God, I was wrong,
It was Earth all along.
You finally made a monkey...

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 07:26:10 am »
Didn't anyone see the recent documentary about him. It was on about 6 weeks ago.

He's got millions and millions from his deals, shares and stock in Zimbabwe and is friends with the black hitler Mugabe.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense