Author Topic: "Happy Slap" youths convicted of manslaughter  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
"Happy Slap" youths convicted of manslaughter
« on: December 14, 2005, 06:35:58 pm »
Utter scum and, for my money, have gotten off incredibly lightly. If you beat someone to within an inch of their life and they die, that is fucking murder, not manslaughter. No doubt they'll be out within five years and just as worthless as they have been since the moment they were tragically born.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4502662.stm

Four guilty of barman's killing

A teenage girl, two youths and a man have been convicted of the manslaughter of a barman during a night of violence.

But the four, and two others, were cleared of murdering David Morley on London's South Bank last October.

The Soho nail bomb survivor was one of eight people attacked at random by the gang, accused of using "violence for its own sake" for thrills.

Darren Case, 18, Reece Sargeant, 21, the girl and a 17-year-old stood impassively as verdicts were returned.

Barry Lee, 20, and a 17-year-old were cleared of all charges and freed.

Prosecutor Richard Horwell told the Old Bailey the youths, all from Kennington, south London, had planned to use violence "for what can only have been pleasure".

It was random, indiscriminate violence for what can only have been pleasure
Prosecutor Richard Horwell

The girl, now 15, who cannot named for legal reasons, had kicked 37-year-old Mr Morley's head like a football as he lay on the ground, Mr Horwell told the court.

During the early hours of 30 October 2004, they attacked eight people in five separate attacks, jurors heard.

"It was random, indiscriminate violence for what can only have been pleasure," Mr Horwell told the court.

"The violence took the form of beatings, kicks and stamping. Weapons were not carried and were hardly necessary when you had such an advantage in numbers."

During one videoed police interview played to the court, a witness said the gang used codewords to launch late-night attacks on victims.

Remanded for reports

She said: "When they went to go out and beat up people, they would say that (the codeword) to each other and then - smack.

"They would always go down to the South Bank or to a park or place where you get a lot of drunks really," she said.

Police investigating the killing said CCTV footage showed a female apparently filming the attack, but no evidence of photos or footage was ever found.

Case, Sargeant, the girl and the 17-year-old were remanded in custody for pre-sentence reports and will be sentenced on January 23.

They were also convicted of conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm.

More here....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4410462.stm

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Happy Slap" youths convicted of manslaughter
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 06:39:42 pm »
They kicked someone to death and it was manslaughter?

What a fucking joke. The little shits should swing for it.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 07:10:56 pm »
I would gladly fucking slap them...

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 07:38:00 pm »
I would gladly fucking slap them...

The best thing I ever saw regarding happy slapping was a group of "kids" slapping this lad about for no reason and filming it. The reason it was so good is after they had finished the lad picked himself up brushed himself up got a bat and his mate filmed it as he knocked the shit out of them with a bat.

Good on him.
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline SkyBlueRed

• Binley Boot Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sleeping giant awakens...
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 03:21:46 pm »
The best thing I ever saw regarding happy slapping was a group of "kids" slapping this lad about for no reason and filming it. The reason it was so good is after they had finished the lad picked himself up brushed himself up got a bat and his mate filmed it as he knocked the shit out of them with a bat.

Good on him.

Fair fecking play, the lot of em deserve a proper slap see how "happy" they are then.
Im not arrogant, im just better than you.

Julian Dicks has been everywhere ... it's like West Ham have got eleven Dicks out there.
-- Anonymous (Metro city radio)

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 03:49:22 pm »
I would so love to witness one of these things taking place. How people can stand by is beyond me!
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline AdamL

• Queenie's testicles, as seen in the Echo
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 04:02:17 pm »
well i reckon for punishment each of the 4 should be locked in a room for ten minutes alone with 4 big fellars who are gonna happily slap them. fucking morons.
Momo Is Boss

Offline Bandy

• Kopite
  • Linux Based Fun.
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 05:08:37 pm »
They should give the sentence they gave, then allow for the next month 'a happy slap licence' for all members of the public that wanted to take it up.

And it was all going so well

Offline Ash-M

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 10:40:23 pm »
How and when did we get so far into the gutter that "Happy slapping" was formed??

:butt
"Now don't take this as a threat, but I killed a man like you in Korea. Hand to hand."

Offline briggsy

• Legacy Fan
  • ^ cheeks on that!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 11:07:34 pm »
They should give the sentence they gave, then allow for the next month 'a happy slap licence' for all members of the public that wanted to take it up.

well i'd be fuckin one!

Offline Bandy

• Kopite
  • Linux Based Fun.
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2005, 07:36:59 pm »
And it was all going so well