Author Topic: Watford  (Read 57149 times)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Watford
« Reply #320 on: October 3, 2021, 02:00:47 pm »
He'll take them down. He's finished as a top flight manager. He won the league with Leicester because everything aligned for them that season but he's basically been an average manager before and since then.

He looked like he was going to take Leicester down as champions if they didn't sack him and was taking Fulham down the other year before he got sacked there. Turns 70 this month as well, although it's not like Watford appoint for the long term anyway.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: October 3, 2021, 02:04:12 pm »
He'll take them down. He's finished as a top flight manager. He won the league with Leicester because everything aligned for them that season but he's basically been an average manager before and since then.
He'll take them down but get promoted again and make them PL champions the following year.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #322 on: October 3, 2021, 02:08:48 pm »
He'll take them down but get promoted again and make them PL champions the following year.

;D

In all seriousness, he'd get torn to shreds in the Championship. I don't think Ranieri can lead a club out of that division.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: October 3, 2021, 02:56:57 pm »
Do Watford just have "SACK MANAGER" to recur every six months in their Outlook calendar?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: October 3, 2021, 03:14:52 pm »
I'm convinced they recruit managers on a fixed term contract. Hope they go down along with Burnley.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: October 3, 2021, 03:18:09 pm »
I'm convinced they recruit managers on a fixed term contract. Hope they go down along with Burnley.

Surprised their contracts aren't hourly

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #326 on: October 3, 2021, 03:19:53 pm »
According to Watford fans the team has for the most part played horribly this season and been completely disorganised, with the few points temporarily papering over the cracks.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: October 3, 2021, 03:22:13 pm »
According to Watford fans the team has for the most part played horribly this season and been completely disorganised, with the few points temporarily papering over the cracks.

They're a newly promoted yo-yo team, how good are they expecting to be?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: October 3, 2021, 03:22:16 pm »
It looks like the owners must have been expecting them to come into the season and take the division by storm and canter to the league title.

Why would you even consider taking the job that it is highly likely you will be sacked from before the end of the season?

Madness

It's free money for any manager where a sacking wont damage their reputation as it will all be blamed on the owners. Plenty of mercs out there will be sniffing around.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #329 on: October 3, 2021, 04:05:05 pm »
Ranieri has a brilliant CV so I guess he probably approached the Pozzo's in the first place and asked whether they were interested in getting him in and they decided he was better than what they had. It would make sense for him to sense an opportunity with Italian owners as a former Premier League champion. We'll see how long he'll be able to keep the energy and drive to be a topline manager though. Eventually age catches up to most managers. Just look at the state of Eriksson's career since leaving Mexico!

What's happened over the weekend at Watford is not fair on the incumbent but this is pretty much how Italian owners tend to operate. They sense an opportunity to get an allenatore (trainer) higher on the market list, they usually go for it. After all, he took Sampdoria back from the brink and landed them in ninth last year.
Linudden.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #330 on: October 3, 2021, 04:18:49 pm »
Surprised their contracts aren't hourly

Zero hours? ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #331 on: October 3, 2021, 04:28:35 pm »
To be fair they actually did alright with their ‘no manager is safe’ policy for a season or two
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #332 on: October 3, 2021, 11:43:35 pm »
Watford have changed managers in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (three times), 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 (twice), 2020 (twice) and 2021.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: October 3, 2021, 11:45:26 pm »
Watford have changed managers in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (three times), 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 (twice), 2020 (twice) and 2021.

I have the job in 2034 apparently.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #334 on: October 4, 2021, 12:32:03 am »

Who the fuck do they think they are - Chelsea?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: October 4, 2021, 05:10:37 pm »
Ranieri confirmed.

Dilly gone in 2 months.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: October 4, 2021, 05:15:52 pm »
PL champions next year, you heard it here first.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: October 4, 2021, 05:18:19 pm »
Ranieri's just been sacked.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: October 4, 2021, 05:30:37 pm »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: October 4, 2021, 06:06:01 pm »

And still managed to win more than Everton in that period.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: October 4, 2021, 07:13:56 pm »
Lasted longer than I thought! I'm sending in my CV to them now.

Online Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #341 on: October 4, 2021, 09:57:42 pm »
They weren't a good attacking Championship team and as far as I can tell did really nothing to try to change that for the PL.  Unless their defense is top half they were never staying up and so far it's not even close to that level.  I guess you can always point to Huddersfield as an example of truly bad teams somehow not getting relegated but so far Watford seem a lock to go down with Norwich regardless of who the manager is.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #342 on: October 4, 2021, 10:06:06 pm »
And still managed to win more than Everton in that period.
Even nicking one of those Watford managers didn't help the Ev.

Everton: the only club to tap up and pay compensation for a manager whom they could have got for nothing if they'd just stuck the kettle on and waited a bit
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: October 4, 2021, 10:33:10 pm »
Even nicking one of those Watford managers didn't help the Ev.

Everton: the only club to tap up and pay compensation for a manager whom they could have got for nothing if they'd just stuck the kettle on and waited a bit

And what’s that….that’s Everton that is.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #344 on: October 5, 2021, 12:48:04 pm »
Squires cartoon on Watford today is glorious
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #345 on: October 5, 2021, 12:52:12 pm »
I actually believed this, and I didn't even realise he was the new manager until Samie's post 8 minutes before.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #346 on: October 5, 2021, 05:10:56 pm »
Their owners are Italian, so they are clearly paying homage to the Third Century Crisis of the Roman Empire where emperors lasted about as long as Watford managers. They may find their Aurelian one day, but it won't end well for him either!

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: October 16, 2021, 01:18:07 pm »
Who's managing the 2nd half? ;D

Fuck me they're grim

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: October 16, 2021, 01:22:12 pm »
What has happened to Danny Rose? He looks much more muscular and just so fucking slow. I honestly feel sorry for him going up in 1v1s against Mo.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #349 on: October 16, 2021, 01:23:09 pm »
What has happened to Danny Rose? He looks much more muscular and just so fucking slow. I honestly feel sorry for him going up in 1v1s against Mo.

He just looks miles off it.  Had a stop start career for a couple of years now, needs a real run in a team.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: October 16, 2021, 01:58:50 pm »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #351 on: October 16, 2021, 02:19:13 pm »
That kit is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. Only surpassed by their football.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #352 on: October 16, 2021, 02:20:10 pm »
Going down.

I can't believe they hired a past-it journeyman manager and thought that he'd be the one to keep them up. He'll be gone before March as well.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #353 on: October 16, 2021, 02:20:51 pm »
Must have thought they were playing Man City today. Men against boys.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: October 16, 2021, 02:22:07 pm »
Horizontal stripes does Rose absolutely no favours out there.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #355 on: October 16, 2021, 02:24:36 pm »
Horizontal stripes does Rose absolutely no favours out there.
It did make him look like a Queen Bee.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #356 on: October 16, 2021, 02:25:58 pm »
That may be one of the worst full back displays I’ve ever seen.

And I saw Jan Kromkamp.
AHA!

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: October 16, 2021, 02:29:24 pm »
Rose is done. He's overweight and terrified. That performance wouldn't be out of place at Sunday league level. He's had some mental health issues which I'm sure have contributed but he looks done as a footballer.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: October 16, 2021, 02:29:38 pm »

And I saw Paul Konchesky.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: October 16, 2021, 02:35:05 pm »

And I saw Jan Kromkamp.

His mind is obviously on his impending move to Milan.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.