Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by Razors Razor on Today at 01:55:05 am »
Advice For The Young At Heart - Tears For Fears.

The Tears Of A Clown - Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
Former LFC Players / Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Last post by Razors Razor on Today at 01:51:02 am »
Apparently he wants to return back to England at the end of this season.
What was said yesterday.  I thought we were having a parade?

Sorry it was something different. A poster said that we wouldn't have a parade for such a small cup and some such.
General Football and Sport / Re: The NFL Thread
« Last post by TipTopKop on Today at 01:43:36 am »
Honestly can't remember an exciting draft...   call a name... show their family in prayer, they come up, put on a franchise cap and jersey, shake hands, take some photos, next team, call a name...   and then the constant speculation until September about how they will fit or play.
Slot being criticized for saying he wants to join us is a joke. He said that to help our hand in negotiations with Feyenoord.
General Football and Sport / Re: The NFL Thread
« Last post by MBL? on Today at 01:37:51 am »
This draft is so boring
Never played the game. Not my usual jam. Loved it.

Walton Goggins is just perfect.

Interesting that - I think if you loved the show you'd probably have loved the games. Might be worth revisiting.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai
« Last post by Avens on Today at 01:34:18 am »
I think a lot of you are going to look very silly in 12 month's time. He's in poor form, no doubt - madness to write him off at this point though.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Last post by KC7 on Today at 01:31:28 am »
Exactly. Don’t remember a single manager who’s made the jump from the Dutch league to a major league who’s been successful. Look at Bosz who’s went back to psv. He’s tearing that league apart just now but was deemed not good enough for Dortmund, Leverkusen or even Lyon. They’ve scored 16 goals in the last 3 league games which once again shows the quality of that league.

The logical step for Slot would have been to go to a stronger league and prove himself but the fact he’s landed the Liverpool job after one league title with Feyenoord is absolute madness. Hope the laptop geeks have got this one right but he’s such a massive risk that if this appointment doesn’t go to plan, this could severely set us back years.

The track record isn't good (Guus Hiddink is the only one I can think off who comes away with any credit). So yes it's a gamble. But having listened to both the man himself and those in Holland speak about him there is a belief he will be different. He's charismatic and very well liked, and that for me already sets him apart from pretty much every other Dutch coach I can think off who managed in the PL. He also has an identifiable way of playing (in contrast to Ten Haag), according to those in Holland. He brings energy and intensity, what Dutch coach did that?

Time will tell of course, but after my initial dread knowing nothing about him I can see why Edwards chose him.
If confirmed, as looks likely, good luck to him. No point running a process and then not backing the outcome. Could be an inspired choice. Can’t wait to see what we do under him.

In the meantime, hopefully the players can show something to finish the season better, for themselves, the fans, and most of all, for Jurgen Klopp.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10