Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1047311 times)

Offline LFC_NCL

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
peter fucking drury

his commentating actually makes me want to put kittens and puppies into a plastic bag and hit them with a spiked baseball bat, then do a big poo on the remains

Offline MoSzizlak

• Kopite
  • Yum Yum!
Emma Hayes can be added to the list after last nights "The Debate", Liam Rosenior was quick to point out she was talking nonsense.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
Emma Hayes can be added to the list after last nights "The Debate", Liam Rosenior was quick to point out she was talking nonsense.
Seen this, she was clearly trying to be sensationalist/provocative but came across as a right twat, she was egged on by Utd legend Dion Dublin who was bending over backwards to agree with her like she had discovered the cure for cancer and was speaking real sense. She was awful but missed Rosenoir pulling her up as turned it off. Cod psychology at best.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
Should I know who she is?

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
So I see Danny Murphy was let out of his cave to appear on Talkshite the other day to chat drivel on the radio about Baku. Have only seen a little clip of it but you don't need context to summise how much bollocks he was talking. So what if us or Man Unted would fill their poxy allocation? That isn't the point. What reason he has to berate fans for not taking up their full allocation in a game 1000's of bloody miles away while airplane companies hike their prices up for the privilege is beyond me... plus they're all flying from the same spot! Would it be usual for flights to Baku from London to cater for 12,000+ people going there and back in a few days? Some fans are travelling by car to Madrid... one fella I think is cycling there. Not doing that to a place further away than Bagdad are you? What an absolute tool.

Instead of having a go at fans for not being able to make the trip to a stadium filled with less than a 1/5th by actual supporters... maybe he could have had a go at UEFA for choosing the venue in the first place? This whole 'proper fans would fill it' type narrative is both bizarre and dangerous... just sit there like a chump you useless twat and just let these bells at UEFA get away with it forever Danny like a proper pundit wouldn't.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 08:52:33 am by Filler. »

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
I see Radio 5 couldn't get any of the regulars to travel out to Baku on Wednesday. Was that the scraping of the barrel I heard as they wheeled out Alan Pardew? That's Alan (I've ruled myself out of the England job) Pardew. The BBC must have been running out of options as they went down their list.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
I see Radio 5 couldn't get any of the regulars to travel out to Baku on Wednesday. Was that the scraping of the barrel I heard as they wheeled out Alan Pardew? That's Alan (I've ruled myself out of the England job) Pardew. The BBC must have been running out of options as they went down their list.

They've got a CL final preview show tonight with Sean Dyche on. Sean Dyche advising Liverpool and Spurs what they need to do to win the European Cup. Priceless stuff. I presume it involves fouling the opposition goalkeeper from every corner.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
Seen this, she was clearly trying to be sensationalist/provocative but came across as a right twat, she was egged on by Utd legend Dion Dublin who was bending over backwards to agree with her like she had discovered the cure for cancer and was speaking real sense. She was awful but missed Rosenoir pulling her up as turned it off. Cod psychology at best.
Dion Dublin is an underrated terrible pundit (if that’s the correct way to put it).

Any time he is on The Debate or Football Focus and a woman pundit is on, he always goes over the top with agreeing with them as if he is trying to show how open minded and inclusive he is.  It almost gets to the point where he comes across as patronising them.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
Having endured the Europa final, it's Robbie Savage. This thread can be closed.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
Having endured the Europa final, it's Robbie Savage. This thread can be closed.
I’m not sure.  On the one hand Savage’s bizarre enthusiasm was out-of-keeping with everything else I could see and hear about the entire event - but on the other I’ve heard enough Lawro to know that, if in doubt, bizarre over-enthusiasm is definitely the side to err on?

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I wonder who from the aforementioned bunch of bitter twats we'll get tonight, I'm sure BT will spare no expense and roll out all of the big weapons 🙄
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Before he even starts tonight, Glen Hoddle

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Before he even starts tonight, Glen Hoddle
My excitement level went down a notch when I saw him and Ferdinand on my screen.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
My excitement level went down a notch when I saw him and Ferdinand on my screen.

Should be called Glen "Whaffle" Hoddle

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
On tonights evidence, Hoddle must be up there

Online jymbojetset

• Anny Roader
Think Glen Hoddle has got a golden goal to win this  :)

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
I know he supports them but christ, he's making a total fool of himself. Much the better side were Spurs and we didn't turn up apparently, why's that? Because they had a few shots at 2-0 down?  ;D ;D

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
Hoddle is a joke. Talk about being a bitter prick.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
I can't be too upset with Hoddle. Yes he's saying stupid shit and making a fool of himself, but only because it hurts him. This is his team, he knows they may never get to another CL final, he's just hurting and lashing out.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
I can't be too upset with Hoddle. Yes he's saying stupid shit and making a fool of himself, but only because it hurts him. This is his team, he knows they may never get to another CL final, he's just hurting and lashing out.

He's at work making himself look like an utter pillock.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Hoddle looked like a guest at a wedding who retired to the armchair in the bar while waiting for the band to start up.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hoddle looked like a guest at a wedding who retired to the armchair in the bar while waiting for the band to start up.

:D

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
He's at work making himself look like an utter pillock.
Yes, he is. Right nonsense he was coming out with.

Still not particularly bothered by it though. He's a Spurs fan, he's just stung by the defeat and is talking shite as a result, like I daresay we've all done a few times.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Not having that. He's being paid to be a pro and provide logical analysis, not "lash out" and talk out his arse because his team lost.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
I thought it was hilarious to be honest. You know that right now he’s still in the hotel bar boring the arse off Lineker and the production crew by banging on about it.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• Legacy Fan
Not having that. He's being paid to be a pro and provide logical analysis, not "lash out" and talk out his arse because his team lost.
Don't disagree. He's lost his head because his team have lost and he's upset, and he's talking bollocks as a result (although he's being paid by a private company so I don't really care; different story if he was on the BBC). He's had a nightmare, but I just don't see Glenn Hoddle being salty as something to get worked up by, especially on a night like this.  :)

• Legacy Fan
Don't disagree. He's lost his head because his team have lost and he's upset, and he's talking bollocks as a result (although he's being paid by a private company so I don't really care; different story if he was on the BBC). He's had a nightmare, but I just don't see Glenn Hoddle being salty as something to get worked up by, especially on a night like this.  :)
All true. Apart from that I think everyone else was complimentary of us so it's all good. Would love to know what Wenger and Mourinho at BeiN made of the win.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
Just got in and watched the BT Sport highlights on YouTube. Or should I say the Spurs TV highlights are that commentator sounded like his cat had just died and he and Jenas just banged on about Spurs and cut to their fans.

Joke of a sports channel. 6 times bitches!
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Cu Chulainn

• Legacy Fan
All true. Apart from that I think everyone else was complimentary of us so it's all good. Would love to know what Wenger and Mourinho at BeiN made of the win.
I like listening to Wenger, and Mourinho was actually very complimentary of our comeback vs Barca. Absolute prick as an opposition manager, but he's decent as a pundit in my opinion, he's interesting to listen to. I'm meant to be working tomorrow but think I will contract a mysterious but short-lived illness so I can spend the day just soaking up all the reaction. ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Lineker - ex Ev/Spurs
Rio - Ex manc
Owen - ex Liv/manc/, pro tw@t
Hoddle - ex Spurs/Chelsea

What a fucking panel. ::)  Especially when Owen started carping on about what a shit penalty it was by Salah. :lmao

At least Souness called it right: "Look, I played in three of these and not one of them was a classic."  In 10 years' time, nobody will remember this performance - only the win.  People will be talking about Istanbul long after this game is forgotten.  All that matters is the trophy.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
Lineker - ex Ev/Spurs
Rio - Ex manc

What a fucking panel. ::)  Especially when Owen started carping on about what a shit penalty it was by Salah. :lmao

At least Souness called it right: "Look, I played in three of these and not one of them was a classic."  In 10 years' time, nobody will remember this performance - only the win.  People will be talking about Istanbul long after this game is forgotten.  All that matters is the trophy.

On top of that Jenas on commentary, going on about spurs for 90 minutes, and his mate “Mauricio “

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Lineker - ex Ev/Spurs
Rio - Ex manc

Owen would know quite a lot about shit penalties.

Thought Ferdinand was pretty fair yesterday actually, which was quite surprising.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
On top of that Jenas on commentary, going on about spurs for 90 minutes, and his mate “Mauricio “

He was at it all game, calling players by their first name, 'Dele's playing well, causing Trent problems on the left'. I'm not a huge of it North.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Owen would know quite a lot about shit penalties.

Thought Ferdinand was pretty fair yesterday actually, which was quite surprising.

What a time we live in when we're relying on Rio Ferdinand for impartiality. XD
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
Hoddle shouldn't even have a career in the media after what he said about the disabled imo.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hoddle shouldn't even have a career in the media after what he said about the disabled imo.

Completely agree, it's disgraceful how that has been forgotten

• Legacy Fan
I suppose Glen whaffle has to also accept that Spuds are never getting to that position again so

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Think we're all being a little harsh on Glenn Hoddle. Afterall, he was just being punished for something he did in a previous life last night.

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
Think we're all being a little harsh on Glenn Hoddle. Afterall, he was just being punished for something he did in a previous life last night.
He deserves a lot more than last night for Diamond Lights! :D
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Hoddle lost his head last night. I get he’s a Spurs man but he’s being paid handsomely to appear on live TV and give analysis.

In fairness to him I’ve always found Rio Ferdinand to be ok. Talks a fair amount of bollocks but he gives us credit where it’s due