Author Topic: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...  (Read 134680 times)

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...
« Reply #280 on: January 15, 2010, 07:20:51 pm »
If he wants to apologize to the fans for the shite that he has been producing these last few months, I don't think sarcastically talking about "facts" is the best thing to do. It's not a joke. it's a serious matter.

I'm not getting involved in any argument in this thread as it will detract from the sentiment of the original poster. There are numerous other threads for you to have a go at Rafa in. Let's leave squabbling out of this one.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #281 on: January 15, 2010, 07:21:07 pm »
The man is pure class and humility.  I just can't imagine how upset I'd be if he left us.

We're in crisis.  Our backs are against the wall with nowhere to hide, nowhere to run.

We either live through this or we die fighting together.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: January 15, 2010, 07:29:50 pm »
Just watched todays press conference and have to say well done to Rafa, took a lot a balls that.

Maybe my rant was out of hand but i am a hurting Liverpool fan who is entitled to my opinion.

Anyway Stoke tomorrow, lets kick on.

Agreed.

I'd have though even Rafa's harshest critic would have to hold their hands up and say 'fair play, that was a touch of class' after his interview today. It seems even Sky are taking it for what it was.

We're all despondent, everybody needs a lift around the club and Rafa has come out and by making fun of himself diffused a potentially volatile press conference and helped lift spirits. It reminded me of Jiimmy Bullard's goal celebration against Man City in that respect, putting an old issue to bed and doing it with style and humour.

Then he made the serious points - an apology to the fans for our showing midweek and reiterated his commitment and desire along with that of the backroom staff and more importantly, the players, to the cause. And of course his faith in them and the club to pull through and get back to winning ways.

You would like to think that every Liverpudlian was proud of his response today.

I actually dunno if he is taking the piss or being serious.

If he wants to apologize to the fans for the shite that he has been producing these last few months, I don't think sarcastically talking about "facts" is the best thing to do. It's not a joke. it's a serious matter.

Are you for real? There was nothing sarcastic about that interview you cretin - have you even seen it?

God, there's always one. And recently it's always you.

Offline Keens

• Kopite
  • Thanks for the memories Rafa!
« Reply #283 on: January 15, 2010, 07:46:53 pm »
Well done Ancelotti too!! "I consider Rafa as one of the best coaches in the world..."
"I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club....." - Kenny Dalglish

Offline oneofmanyreds

• Main Stander
« Reply #284 on: January 15, 2010, 07:47:58 pm »
Gone are the days were we used to dream,
of being contenders with our Liverpool team,
Where Rafa Benitez started his mission
and the rest of the world didnt bother to listen,
He lead us to glory back in two thousand and five
and in 2006 still kept the dream alive.
He's still here fighting and we should stand by his side,
Who ever said this was going to be an easy ride.
He'll lead us to more glory, we aint no bitter toff
so the rest of you doubters can go and FUCK OFF!

I'll get my coat   :wave 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:06:32 pm by oneofmanyreds »
SOS 6982

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: January 15, 2010, 08:01:36 pm »
seen the interview a few times and its really upseting,the players owe Rafa and us a performance,they need to go to stoke and fucking batter them,no half arse tackles get stuck in close them down and intimidate them,dont give them a minute,it is the only to shut these fuckers in the media up

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #286 on: January 15, 2010, 08:04:36 pm »
He lead us to glory back in two thousand and five and in in 2006 still kept the dream alive.

Other than the fact that the big long line should probably be two, that'sd actually quite good.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline oneofmanyreds

• Main Stander
« Reply #287 on: January 15, 2010, 08:07:11 pm »
Other than the fact that the big long line should probably be two, that'sd actually quite good.

There we go mate and thanks
SOS 6982

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #288 on: January 15, 2010, 08:09:49 pm »
Be nice to think that maybe some of the players read RAWK and if they could read this thread maybe they'd start to sprout some balls and start fighting for Rafa themselves, we can only do so much, they have the ultimate responsibility. For all the upset about the way we are playing and for all the bewilderment at some of Rafa's decisions at times - you just can't help but love the man to bits, we will never get another manager who loves us and the club as much as him. Such a crying shame that it appears the only people who can actually save Rafa (the players) seem incapable of doing so and if they don't save him they will never be forgiven. Come on boys, time to man up and start performing, mission impossible is nothing at this club

Great post

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #289 on: January 15, 2010, 08:10:28 pm »
There we go mate and thanks

Much better.

I remember when he first arrived and he was signing all these players I'd never heard of (I'm not a huge follower of La Liga) and my reaction was, "well I don't know who they are but if they're good enough for him, they're good enough for me."

If we all knew more than Rafa, we would be PL managers, not him.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline bouncing_kop

• Boys Pen
« Reply #290 on: January 15, 2010, 08:16:02 pm »
Now I don’t post on here very much, even though I’ve read and followed these forums for years. Good or bad, the events of this season provoke strong reactions from all Liverpool fans, so perhaps this post might just be an outlet to ‘get it out of the system.’ I feel better for it anyway!

As fans, we always mention the ‘liverpool way.’ People say it’s gone, disappeared, vanished, but trust me it hasn’t. Unfortunately there are people at the club who don’t understand how it works, but we can all see through there lies and false promises. We know this, we understand this, and that is why we are so lucky to have Rafael Benitez as manager. If ever you need proof that the ‘liverpool way’ exists, ironically you only need look at the ‘rather portly spanish bloke form madrid.’

He must feel pretty damn alone right now, battered my media, ex players and sadly even our own fans. And for what? Having a bad few months? This man has done wonders for Liverpool FC, bringing us fantastic players like Torres, Alonso, Garcia, Reina, Mascherano to name a few. He’s had some shockers along the way too, no doubt about it. I’m not sure even now I’ve got over Antonio Nunez! As well as new players, he’s improved the youth system, training facilities, physiotherapy and almost every other area of the club. So we have a lot to thank him for.

But to get simply to the point, we need to stick by him and show him respect. He typifies what we stand for as a club, totally committed, strong in the face of adversity, total self belief and respectful to others. Heck, even his children have scouse accents! He is an ambassador, and a brilliant one of that. I think of him ‘as one of our own‘ down there on the side lines, which is comforting as it’s nice to know somebody in the clubs hierarchy has our best interests at heart.

So even if we’ve had a shocking few months, give the man your respect and support. Treat him as one of your own, because he understands what it’s all about a damn site more than Ambramovic’s Dutch or Portugese rent boys will ever do. Chant his name as loud as you can and if a player’s having a mare of a game, shout his too! They know they’ve been playing terrible, and I think they’ve been told enough. So lets prove that we are still Liverpool FC, because we are stronger than fucking anyone when the whole world’s against us and Rafa will bloody show it!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:17:58 pm by bouncing_kop »

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: January 15, 2010, 08:26:28 pm »
Next home game v Spurs should be an official 'show your support for Rafa day'

Far far too many articles here, there and everywhere are appearing and kicking him while he is down.

Newsnow (my home page of years) has been binned, it's getting depressing.

Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sky Sports - It's shite
« Reply #292 on: January 15, 2010, 08:38:28 pm »
Next home game v Spurs should be an official 'show your support for Rafa day'

A great idea, if only to show the media and ex-players who we really love. The vultures are impatiently hovering above, just waiting for the fans to turn on Rafa, lets piss them off even more by increasing our support for him and let everyone else know
If Kenny Dalglish cannot influence the team to play with more pride in their shirts for the millions of fans they represent, then what chance does anyone else have?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #293 on: January 15, 2010, 08:55:46 pm »
a great man, a great manager

what more can you say.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: January 15, 2010, 09:04:41 pm »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #295 on: January 15, 2010, 09:05:59 pm »
Dont want to sound gay like, but I love Rafa and he is the only man for the job imo. I'll be gutted if he ever leaves us.

Offline harvey-tuttle

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • "It's not where you're from, it's where you're at"
    • ELSON
« Reply #296 on: January 15, 2010, 09:06:06 pm »
a great man, a great manager

what more can you say.

LFCtv>Rafa's right...we're playing our worst stuff and we're just below the top four. Once we get back to our best (and it will happen) we will get back up were we belong. Times are bad but we got to have faith in our team. There's plenty of games left to turn it around.

from "WE" (RAWK)

As far as I can remember – and I’m sure the esteemed older gentleman of yesteryear (hello Chopper) can think back even longer – Liverpool has been a target of ridicule and unfair treatment, both the city and the football club. The media and the mayor of dat der London may pass it off as self-pitying but that’s bollocks. Anyone who says the media doesn’t have an agenda against the city or the football club needs to look harder.

But we, the people of Liverpool and the fans of Liverpool Football Club, have never allowed them to hit that target. We’ve united, we’ve stood up, we’ve fought, clawed, battled and rose up against those who tried to harm us. We are a special breed who looks out for one another. We try our best to uphold our traditions. We go away to European cities as football fans and we treat our hosts with respect because we want the world to know why we are different and why what the media and the rest of the country say is a pile of shite.

We.

We are in the midst of another barrage from the media and the country who believe that their word is gospel. Probably the worst I’ve ever experienced. They are trying to humiliate our football club and humiliate our city. They are trying to humiliate the man who has done his best to understand the link between club and city since he’s been in charge. They are trying to humiliate the captain of our football club and therefore an ambassador of our city. They are trying to humiliate the fans who watch their football club every single week.

It does not matter if you want Rafael Benitez to be our manager because at the moment he is. He is part of Liverpool Football Club, he cares about Liverpool Football Club and therefore he cares about the city and its people. There has to be a collective effort to help him – he is one of us and we look out for our own because he’s not one of them."

from me:

the problem is that too many listen to the media, amazing amount of injuries yet we are still ONLY 12 points from the top, the league and the Europa league are there to play for lets see some loyalty.. blaming any one doesnt work- yet its the "fast food generation" way of dealing with bad times..
didnt any of u experience Istanbul?, I have been a RED long enough to never write us off..too many weak people conditioned bymedia driven immoral society.. no guts

"to be a true RED U have to learn how to walk on "through the wind and rain;;though y-our dreams be tossed and blown.."

..and this is for Rafa..

HONOUR Shanks's  "holy trinity"  Players ..SUPPORTers and OUR Manager; RAFA!

I was there when he set the standard ; at Graz, goals by Gerrard
unlucky in Cardiff, 05 but in Istanbul we came ALIVE
Then "Stevie's final" v benny's tricks - won the cup in 06
we were again becoming Euro-Kings
v Chelsea ,& on the ramblas, how loud the KOP sings
then Rafa almost gave us another "heaven" -
outplayed milan,  they had the luck = Athens 07
more progess in 08, san siro , for "number 19" still have to wait
but 09 scared the sh*te @ OT & not-so-mighty Madrid, mate

be loyal REDS ; support Rafa Benetiz - like he supports US

P.S; even Kenny doesn’t have as much experience of european football and don’t forget it was Rafa who brought Kenny back, so dont stab Rafa ..

Freelance Subversive..
may the RED force be with you...
YNWA-J4t96

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #297 on: January 15, 2010, 09:06:07 pm »
what more can you say.

He loves this club
He's given me some of my happiest times following the reds
While human, a lesser man would have walked long ago from some of the shit he's had to put up with

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #298 on: January 15, 2010, 09:08:30 pm »
you made us dream again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11MQnQ8QjJs

I still look back in disbelief at how that side won the CL. In terms of quality we have come so far since then thanks to Rafa.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #299 on: January 15, 2010, 09:08:48 pm »
He's given me some of my happiest times.....
:D

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2010, 09:17:32 pm »
I still look back in disbelief at how that side won the CL. In terms of quality we have come so far since then thanks to Rafa.
that season gave me some of the best nights of my life

Offline Liverpool Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Waiting no.19!
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2010, 09:25:05 pm »
In Rafa I trust.
You'll never walk alone.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2010, 09:47:07 pm »

Rafa's 'FACHTS' today was hilarious, delivered with a mischievous smile on his face, lightened the moment, acknowledged the situation, took the piss out of the media, whaddaya know, TV news and radio stations took it at face value, stupid twats. Cheeky wink at the supporters too.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2010, 09:51:27 pm »
Haven't read the whole thread but I hope there's plenty of Rafa chants from the travelling Kop tomorrow; even you lads who've got doubts about him should join in....the bloke needs something to put a smile on his face, he's taking a lot of shit right now.
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #304 on: January 15, 2010, 09:54:03 pm »
Hope this works....

<a href="http://&lt;object width=&quot;560&quot; height=&quot;325&quot;&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;http://en.tackfilm.se/loader.swf?shareID=1263592020500RA16&amp;folder=12635&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;http://en.tackfilm.se/loader.swf?shareID=1263592020500RA16&amp;folder=12635&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;560&quot; height=&quot;325&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://&lt;object width=&quot;560&quot; height=&quot;325&quot;&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;http://en.tackfilm.se/loader.swf?shareID=1263592020500RA16&amp;folder=12635&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;http://en.tackfilm.se/loader.swf?shareID=1263592020500RA16&amp;folder=12635&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;560&quot; height=&quot;325&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;</a>

Sadly I can't embed this, but here's the link.... and yes, I know he's not Swedish...but the sentiment's there  :wave

http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1263592679078RA68
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:02:58 pm by Redsnappa »

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #305 on: January 15, 2010, 10:01:51 pm »
He's ballsed up in many ways. We're not very good right now. His transfer record recently is dodgy. He's stubborn. He makes us furious with his team seletions. His substitutions are sometimes unfathomable. So what? He is the manager and figure head of our great club and he needs help now and the fans should be giving it to him.

The guy is trying his hardest to make us great. He understands what it means to us all. He's given us one of the the greatest night of our lives and made us proud to be a Red after years in the wilderness. He has dragged us back up to the top table of European football in the last few seasons. Now its going wrong. He needs our support now more than ever. Anyone who is a true Red will back him to the hilt. You don't leave one of your own to be battered by all and sundry, no matter how shit things are.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: January 15, 2010, 10:06:41 pm »
mods  why was my support rafa day thread pulled???

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: January 15, 2010, 10:11:12 pm »
Hope this works....

Sadly I can't embed this, but here's the link.... and yes, I know he's not Swedish...but the sentiment's there  :wave

http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1263592679078RA68
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little ;)

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #308 on: January 15, 2010, 10:13:44 pm »

Gotta love a bit of schmaltz ;)

Offline halewood andy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #309 on: January 15, 2010, 10:21:36 pm »
The best man for the job!  Who would people asking for him to be sacked seriously get in?  Looks like he's feeling the pressure a bit (who wouldn't).  He just needs our support, and his luck to change. 

Offline mooha

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #310 on: January 15, 2010, 10:23:57 pm »
I'm 100% behind Rafa, supporters job is to support when support is needed.
If only we could witness something like this at our next home game, it would make a difference.

Pulled this clip from youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCUeBICTgL0&feature=related. how times have changed eh?

YNWA Rafa!

Offline rockredrock

• Main Stander
« Reply #311 on: January 15, 2010, 10:26:04 pm »
He lead us to glory back in two thousand and five
and in 2006 still kept the dream alive.

Well said
Thanks everyone for the "Thoughts and Prayers" I am feeling much better now. F'ing Asthma,f'ing cancer,f'ing diabetes,f'ing aortic aneurysm, Doc says I should go on a diet and exercise,but it might have been worse i could have been born a bitter Evertonian.      s o s member 5174

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2010, 10:34:00 pm »

That 'film' should come with a warning for the over 18's.

Jesus wept.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #313 on: January 15, 2010, 10:37:19 pm »

Might be because you took it upon yourself to label a match a 'Support Rafa Day'... ?
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: January 15, 2010, 10:52:48 pm »
Might be because you took it upon yourself to label a match a 'Support Rafa Day'... ?
just trying to suggest something positive,prob shouldn't have done it :-[

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: January 15, 2010, 10:54:01 pm »
Never mind, you live and learn :)

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #316 on: January 15, 2010, 10:55:20 pm »

I had someone on the reading thread wholly disagree with me and went at great lenghts to point out Smicer, Baros, etc were class players who could walk into a top 5 side even now.

It was pathetic.

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: January 15, 2010, 10:57:52 pm »

Offline greatbritton

• Anny Roader
  • As Always, I am Focused on Supporting My Manager
« Reply #318 on: January 15, 2010, 11:12:22 pm »
i can understand why some on here might be a little dissatisfied with him, but at the very least he deserves your respect. The man has brought us from european obscurity to a place where the best striker in the world comes home, back to the place where we belong in both europe and the league. this current run of bad form is nothing but a blip on rafa's road to success, and long may his reign continue. He will be vindicated, either by sticking around and helping us to number 19 and 6, or if he is sacked, and has to sadly watch the team float down the table.

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
« Reply #319 on: January 15, 2010, 11:41:46 pm »
Standing by Rafa = The Liverpool Way

Getting rid of him = The Media Way

I know which one I'm choosing.
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all