Author Topic: CL QF: Porto 1 v L'pool 4 (1-6) '28 Mane'64 Mo'68 Militao ‘76 Bobby ‘83 VVD  (Read 22558 times)

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thats how its done against a good side away in Europe. Get in.

Lovely Semis now as well, Ajax Spurs, Liverpool, Barca, nice. No oil clubs, No Madrid. has a good feel to it. Come on reds.

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
Fucking hell.
Does that guy on BT think Mane is deaf.😂
SOS member 7832

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Not the right topic but if you all pardon me... "Fuck off City!!! Just fuck off!!"
Hahahhahaah!!! Fap!! Fap!! Fap!!!

This is a great night!!!
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Straight on final whistle pub turned over to see VAR overturn 5-3 to Abu Dhabi, and we watched Spurs win.

Oh, What A Night
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
Proper away league performance in Europe. Excellent 2nd half. Total control and clinical. Pick Porto apart at will. Bobby, Joe and Hendo came on in a show of strenght in depth. We have a hell of a team! Proud of them all!
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline redman64

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Classic Klopp second half. Excellently controlled for the most part. Quadruple? Hahaha.....so funny   ;D

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
Fantastic from our lads, that’s how you fucking do it.

Offline Greg86

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Self Amortizing
What a result. Soaked up all the pressure in the first half, then as they tired we put them to the sword.

Hendo is absolutely on fire at the moment, the desire he's showing shows how much this means to him and he's playing as well, if not better than, he has done for us before.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Wasnt the best first half. Loved the goals. Good second half.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Best side in Europe at the moment.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Even though we were sketchy as fuck for a while it never really felt like they were a proper threat - good movement and possession but just not clinical enough.  As they tired and the spaces opened up we just took them to bits.

Simply wonderful.   :champ

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I wouldn't say it was a professional performance considering that start we had in the game that had shades of Red Star Belgrade away game where we slow off the shackles & conceded two early. This time they kept putting balls into the box & we missed a few as well that as resulted in shots, thankfully wide.

But the goal came at exactly the right time. Our first proper attack & thanks to VAR, well done - the tie ended there. But Porto didn't think so. They kept coming at us, and Matip & Van Dijk were immense. We kept experimenting in attack with Mane, Salah & Origi shifting positions, but it didn't work out, largely due to a dreadful midfield performance where we failed to rotate the ball for any stretch. Wijnaldum had one of his worst ever games for us. He just wasn't up to it. Too slow, couldn't find passes & his control was missing. Fabinho didn't have a great game either, except for breaking up play. His passing & control were disappointing, but nevertheless got the job done.

It was clear what Klopp was going for in this game, not to dominate possession, but just stay organized & play on the counter. The players just didn't execute it well in the first half, despite the goal which was our only meaningful attack in the entire half.

2nd half was much better, Firmino changed the game a bit & then we went two steps forward when Henderson came on & was doing impossible passes & nutmegs & going around like boss. Third goal finished them off & then we got into full control, how we can play & were shifting them around for fun.

Our attack is dangerous. Even if we aren't playing well, if our defense can hold up decent pressure, then teams can't press too much or open up too much, because we'll hit back hard.

Nice shift for Gomez, was rusty for the pass he gave away, but otherwise had a cool game. Trent's pass for Salah was delightful.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
That Militao is a lovely player.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Weird that reaching another CL semi final almost feels routine now...

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Lily Savage upgraded VVD from the best in the PL to the best in the world in the space of 3 second half minutes.

I’ve upgraded him to King of the Universe
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
Porto - like Man City against us last season - rolled the dice on getting a few early goals with a mad 30 minutes of full throttle football.  Maybe they could/should have with the openings they created but the Mane goal killed them.

From about the hour mark onwards our players had so much time and space.  Although they scored in that period it was cruise control for us.  It was good to see Gomez get a run but you can see why Klopp hasn't thrown him in as he (understandably) looks off the pace.

The big disappointment for me was Origi.  Based on that performance and being dragged at half-time he probably won't be our fourth forward next season - he just lacks the intensity and aggression to go with his physique and quick feet.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Great result! On holiday in Spain and they turned over to the city-Spurs game halfway through the second half  :no

Did we escape injury-free?

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
Get the fuck in, what a team! YNWA

Offline Hendrix_11

• Boys Pen
Get in!!! :D

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Do we know what day we play Barca away is it the Tues or Weds?

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Hate to say I missed the final two goals - for a good cause! Bye Bye City  :wave

Great European away win, Barca will be two very interesting semis to say the least. Let's go down there and score at least a goal and then make another Anfield night in May something to remember for many years!
Linudden.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Porto - like Man City against us last season - rolled the dice on getting a few early goals with a mad 30 minutes of full throttle football.  Maybe they could/should have with the openings they created but the Mane goal killed them.

From about the hour mark onwards our players had so much time and space.  Although they scored in that period it was cruise control for us.  It was good to see Gomez get a run but you can see why Klopp hasn't thrown him in as he (understandably) looks off the pace.

The big disappointment for me was Origi.  Based on that performance and being dragged at half-time he probably won't be our fourth forward next season - he just lacks the intensity and aggression to go with his physique and quick feet.

Would be very surprised if Origi wasn’t subbed off due to an injury? That would explain his weird movement when Casillas came out anyway.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
9-1 in Porto over the last two seasons.  Mental.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great result! On holiday in Spain and they turned over to the city-Spurs game halfway through the second half  :no

Did we escape injury-free?

We did, yes.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
It looked in the first 10 minutes like they could get a goal and it'd be nervy but in the end it was the kind of game where you just sit back and watch the goals fly in!
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
We are a machine at this CL lark.

Indomitable Reds.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Quality result, clinical second half

Roll on the semi finals

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Two good performances, maintaining the right level and our concentration. Not good for the heart seeing VVD Fabinho and Gini limping at various points!

Offline lurganboy

• Legacy Fan
  • Look! It's that bellend from 606!
Superb stuff. Well done reds. Not sure about the other tie, better in CL terms to have City knocked out of the other half, worse in PL terms that they have less games to go at.

Fuck it. Celebrate!

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
So chilled, so professional and so assured.

Such a professional job against an admittedly decent Porto side.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson on BT Sport: "They are a good a team, they made it intense and the lads dug in and defended really well. They had some half chances. You could see the effort that we put in. I was warming up when Sadio [Mane] scored and I thought it was a goal. I think I was the only one.

"Thankfully it was given and it gave us a real boost coming in at half time.

"When I came on I tried to keep the ball and be sensible. Joe [Gomez] made a great run [for Roberto Firmino's goal], I just tried to hit an area and it's a great finish from Bobby,

"The scoreline flattered us a little bit. Porto had a real good go. Even when we went in front it was a real good atmosphere."

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
It's great that a champions league quarter final can feel so relaxed. Bring on Barca!
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Get in!!!!

Semi's for the 2nd year running.
YWNA

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
9-1 in Porto over the last two seasons.  Mental.

11-1, no?

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
11-1, no?
I think he means away games.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
Sorry for posting this here
Who’s at home in the 1st leg v Barca?
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry for posting this here
Who’s at home in the 1st leg v Barca?

Nou Camp first.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
People keep mentioning the chances they had in the first half - I was watching without comms, and saw nothing but half chances, low % crosses and long-shots. TBF we were shite with the ball, but they weren't creating much at all. We relied on Alisson not spilling anything, but that's the luxury you can afford when you have one of the best keepers in the world.

Well in reds!  ;D

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Excellent professional performance that, job very well done lads. Bring on Barca.

Great to see Joe back too
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.