Author Topic: The 2021 Formula 1 “Gives you whinge…”  (Read 315014 times)

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: The 2021 Formula 1 “Gives you whinge…”
« Reply #7600 on: December 6, 2021, 11:01:05 am »
maldonado!

hahaha fucking hell. bit harsh that.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7601 on: December 6, 2021, 11:04:59 am »
He's got a style, but as the season has gone on that style has clearly become 'I'm going to drive exactly how I want and if it means I crash into you it doesn't really matter because I'm leading the championship'. From what I understand there isn't any sort of 'points penalty' they could give to Max now, the worst would be a race ban in the future. Masi has cultivated this situation now where instead of an incentive for both drivers to win the final race, its a case of Lewis knowing he needs to literally stay away from someone who has shown one of his main tactics is to try and cause a crash. And if that happens, he wins the title. Its become farcical because of a spoilt brat like Max and a team principal who has fed his ego.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7602 on: December 6, 2021, 11:06:54 am »
to be honest Lewis was lucky he didn't get taken out my Max on at least two other occasions. It was only because he had a cool head and was willing to back out that it didn't happen.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7603 on: December 6, 2021, 11:19:31 am »
I cant find the clip but Max defending reminds me of some road rage video I saw years back of some open top truck that weaved dangerously infront of another car constantly for a few mins until eventually the car behind was elbowed off the road in to a load of sand
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #7604 on: December 6, 2021, 11:22:55 am »
to be honest Lewis was lucky he didn't get taken out my Max on at least two other occasions. It was only because he had a cool head and was willing to back out that it didn't happen.
Allowing him to get away with forcing Hamilton off in Brazil has basically given him license to do what he wants on track. In the drivers meeting after Brazil, Hamilton and a number of other drivers said they were confused about what is acceptable driving standards now.

The move he did in turn 1 at Jeedah was a replay of Brazil turn 4, brake late into the corner and you either hit the car on the outside or they're forced off the track.

Until Masi and the stewards start punishing him with sanctions that cost him a considerable number of points he’ll keep driving that way. In Brazil he forced Hamilton off and was weaving on the straight, in Jeedah he’s gone off track and gained an advantage, forced Hamilton off at turn 1 and brake tested him to force contact yet he’s kept his second place finishes in those races. 
« Last Edit: December 6, 2021, 11:26:23 am by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7605 on: December 6, 2021, 11:30:33 am »
Allowing him to get away with forcing Hamilton off in Brazil has basically given him license to do what he wants on track. In the drivers meeting after Brazil, Hamilton and a number of other drivers said they were confused about what is acceptable driving standards now.

The move he did in turn 1 at Jeedah was a replay of Brazil turn 4, brake late into the corner and you either hit the car on the outside or they're forced off the track.

Until Masi and the stewards start punishing him with sanctions that cost him a considerable number of points he’ll keep driving that way. In Brazil he forced Hamilton off and was weaving on the straight, in Jeedah he’s gone off track and gained an advantage, forced Hamilton off at turn 1 and brake tested him to force contact yet he’s kept his second place finishes in those races.

He's always been known to push the boundaries. I think it's crossed the line into cheating now.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7606 on: December 6, 2021, 12:41:05 pm »
Gotta give it to Max, he has kept F1 almost singlehandedly entertaining the last couple of years. Anyway, Lewis has the superior car for a while now and unless Max hits Lewis' undestructible rocket ship a couple of times in Abu Dhabi Lewis will win handily.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7607 on: December 6, 2021, 12:42:47 pm »
By the same rationale I think you've got to include the likes of Mazepin, Tsunoda and Grosjean too for keeping things 'entertaining'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #7608 on: December 6, 2021, 12:59:14 pm »
He's always been known to push the boundaries. I think it's crossed the line into cheating now.

I wouldn’t go so far to call it cheating, but he’s crossed the line past what’s acceptable. Personally I think F1 has become a bit too soft over the last few years, but it also shouldn’t be where Verstappen is taking it either. Until Brazil for me he was racing where I like seeing drivers race, it should be hard and it should be aggressive, but Brazil and yesterday were a step too far.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7609 on: December 6, 2021, 01:07:57 pm »
Senna was no angel either

As for Max's dad Jos, he was very quick but even more erratic

ong story short he isnt in his sons league when it comes to talent

If you read the dads legal issues it just makes them more unlikeable

That's been true of a number of drivers going into Formula One though. Senna was certainly one and Michael Schumacher as well when he first came into the sport would often clash with other drivers. But usually once they mature and win a title they tend to settle down, or at least become less confrontational and perhaps learn to play the game better. We can only hope that Max will become another one of those drivers, once his desperation of winning the title has left him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7610 on: December 6, 2021, 01:12:39 pm »
Verstappens all round are a very unlikeable family. The fact he’s in the intensely unlikeable Red Bull says everything (the less said about Horner aka ‘Whinger Spice’ the better). Hamilton is still the underdog, in a sport awash with wealth and privilege, he’s one of the rare drivers who made it through sheer talent with a relatively poor upbringing.

He’s still the underdog who became top dog and I will back him in every battle. The best thing to happen to F1 since Senna, we should cherish his talent while he’s still racing.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7611 on: December 6, 2021, 01:14:59 pm »
Verstappens all round are a very unlikeable family. The fact he’s in the intensely unlikeable Red Bull says everything (the less said about Horner aka ‘Whinger Spice’ the better). Hamilton is still the underdog, in a sport awash with wealth and privilege, he’s one of the rare drivers who made it through sheer talent with a relatively poor upbringing.

He’s still the underdog who became top dog and I will back him in every battle. The best thing to happen to F1 since Senna, we should cherish his talent while he’s still racing.
his talent isnt being questioned

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7612 on: December 6, 2021, 01:20:02 pm »
his talent isnt being questioned

Not writing about talent? I’m talking bout him as a driver in a sport that is largely made up of rich fathers who have brought up spoilt brats.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7613 on: December 6, 2021, 01:27:52 pm »
he is being a bit of a brat the way he is driving lately though

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7614 on: December 6, 2021, 01:44:06 pm »
(the less said about Horner aka ‘Whinger Spice’ the better).

Salty Spice, surely.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2021, 08:19:15 pm by Romford_Red »

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7615 on: December 6, 2021, 02:53:22 pm »
By the same rationale I think you've got to include the likes of Mazepin, Tsunoda and Grosjean too for keeping things 'entertaining'
They are not the only driver to keep this insanely boring Mercedes era slightly more watchable tho. Only driver to legitimately bother Mercedes and easily more fun to watch than Vettel. Too bad Max is a prick, because I think he's gonna be the best driver out of the new bunch

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7616 on: December 6, 2021, 03:03:34 pm »
They are not the only driver to keep this insanely boring Mercedes era slightly more watchable tho. Only driver to legitimately bother Mercedes and easily more fun to watch than Vettel. Too bad Max is a prick, because I think he's gonna be the best driver out of the new bunch
Don't worry when Hamilton retires it will be Redbull and Max winning every week with absolutely no one to challenge him. Then he won't have to drive like Mad Max.

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7617 on: December 6, 2021, 03:10:48 pm »
Don't worry when Hamilton retires it will be Redbull and Max winning every week with absolutely no one to challenge him. Then he won't have to drive like Mad Max.
The circle of life, thats when you stop watching F1 for a couple of years again till we have an interesting season

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7618 on: December 6, 2021, 03:21:54 pm »

Will the changes have no effect on how competitive other cars are next year?

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7619 on: December 6, 2021, 03:30:02 pm »
Will the changes have no effect on how competitive other cars are next year?

They should have a huge impact. Look at where Mercedes were before the turbo-hybrid area to where they are now.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #7620 on: December 6, 2021, 03:34:24 pm »
anything could happen next season. someone will probably start with some advantage that they've discovered somewhere.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7621 on: December 6, 2021, 03:37:49 pm »
I'd like to go back to the days of there being about 9 seconds between qualifying first and last, and then getting lapped 7 times.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7622 on: December 6, 2021, 03:42:38 pm »
Bring back T cars, so we can see smash ups like Spa years back and see both drivers in the team race back to the garage to see who gets there first
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #7623 on: December 6, 2021, 03:45:21 pm »
I really hope not. He's so unlikeable. I hope the next set of regulations evens the teams out, and we see the likes of Le Clerc, Russel, Riccardo, Lando and Occon getting some GP wins. There is more than enough talent out there to challenge Verstappen.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #7624 on: December 6, 2021, 03:50:59 pm »
I'd like to go back to the days of there being about 9 seconds between qualifying first and last, and then getting lapped 7 times.
I always find it incredible that there are ten teams, each using one of four different engine manufacturers, each with different designers and engineers, constructing (on the whole) bespoke equipment made in their own factories, with different philosophies, each with two different drivers with individual driving styles and hundreds of driving decisions made during a lap…….and yet at the end of 4 miles, they’re all separated by sometimes tenths of a second.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7625 on: December 6, 2021, 04:08:07 pm »
Bring back T cars, so we can see smash ups like Spa years back and see both drivers in the team race back to the garage to see who gets there first
I think this should be brought back alright

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7626 on: December 6, 2021, 04:14:35 pm »

This, but I would also open up the rules of the number of engines, gear boxes etc. These restrictions were put in to reduce cost but the budget cap should be doing that now so give teams more freedom as to how they spend that budget.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7627 on: December 6, 2021, 04:21:27 pm »
Gotta give it to Max, he has kept F1 almost singlehandedly entertaining the last couple of years. Anyway, Lewis has the superior car for a while now and unless Max hits Lewis' undestructible rocket ship a couple of times in Abu Dhabi Lewis will win handily.

I'm not his biggest fan but if I were him I'd probably look to have a had coming together early in the race,2 dnfs and he's World Champion.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #7628 on: December 6, 2021, 04:33:32 pm »
I'm not his biggest fan but if I were him I'd probably look to have a had coming together early in the race,2 dnfs and he's World Champion.
That's pretty much been his outlook.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7629 on: December 6, 2021, 04:41:14 pm »
That's pretty much been his outlook.

:-X ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7630 on: December 6, 2021, 04:50:00 pm »
As Nigel Roebuck wrote in one of his racing books today's enfant terrible is tomorrows established man.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7631 on: December 6, 2021, 04:53:59 pm »
Max Verstappen, Jesse Lingard and Donovan Bailey are likely to be the new faces of sport for the next decade.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7632 on: December 6, 2021, 05:11:40 pm »
I really hope not. He's so unlikeable. I hope the next set of regulations evens the teams out, and we see the likes of Le Clerc, Russel, Riccardo, Lando and Occon getting some GP wins. There is more than enough talent out there to challenge Verstappen.

I dislike Max but him and Hamilton are so far ahead of everyone else.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #7633 on: December 6, 2021, 05:41:39 pm »

Yeah, instead of giving Max another penalty he should have to drive a Haas for Abu Dhabi and really demonstrate his racing skill.....

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #7634 on: December 6, 2021, 07:08:47 pm »

Would largely agree with that.

Both are super-quick, no doubt. Guess that it comes down to personal preferences.

Wouldn't have any problem with Max winning the title whatsoever... except that his driving has shown time and time again that he is overly aggressive. Not seen it mentioned in here in a while, but remember his first season or so, where he kept weaving under braking?

Guess my conclusion is that Max is chucking his talent away at the moment...and the Red Bull PR machine behind it is not a good look.

« Last Edit: December 6, 2021, 07:17:17 pm by cormorant »
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline losCHUNK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7635 on: December 6, 2021, 07:19:23 pm »
Would largely agree with that.

Both are super-quick, no doubt. Guess that it comes down to personal preferences.

Wouldn't have any problem with Max winning the title whatsoever... except that his driving has shown time and time again that he is overly aggressive. Not seen it mentioned in here in a while, but remember his first season or so, where he kept weaving under braking?

Guess my conclusion is that Max is chucking his talent away at the moment from a PR point of view... and the Red Bull PR machine behind it is not a good look.

Yea.  I'm a Lewis fan but try to check my bias, I didn't mind Max and thought he was maturing quite well from the previous season.  He seemed to be a smarter driver when compared to the previous years.  This season though, especially all the drama post Silverstone, has left me disliking the guy.

I think the pressures gotten to him and RBs attitude is only reinforcing this behaviour.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #7636 on: December 6, 2021, 07:25:56 pm »
he's been a right tit but he'll deserve it if he wins the championship over the 20odd races.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7637 on: December 6, 2021, 07:41:30 pm »
he's been a right tit but he'll deserve it if he wins the championship over the 20odd races.

You say that, but then arguably he could/should have got fuck all points yesterday and not 2nd place so doesn't necessarily "deserve" it.

He's def the second best driver on the grid at the moment if you ignore his bouts of anger/stupidity/petulance.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #7638 on: December 6, 2021, 07:44:01 pm »
You say that, but then arguably he could/should have got fuck all points yesterday and not 2nd place so doesn't necessarily "deserve" it.

He's def the second best driver on the grid at the moment if you ignore his bouts of anger/stupidity/petulance.

I don't care about one race. that's why I mentioned the 20odd.

Offline 50 Pence

• Thanks to a slightly better exchange rate, he's a higher value rapper...
  • Kopite
« Reply #7639 on: December 6, 2021, 07:45:13 pm »
If Max drove for anyone other than RB I really wouldn't mind if he won it this season.

They're the united of F1 for me, I never want to see them win anything especially with Horner being there

Glad Merc will probably win the constructors at least
I wish I'd be a bit more spontaneous. Sometimes I feel like going out, stealing a traffic cone, putting it on my head and saying, "Look at me, I'm a giant witch."